• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Izayoi

Banned
untitledg8s3.png

The Battle Reports are neat.

djm

ChiefEdiri said:
Are you guys really complaining about a sandbag?
I agree with this sentiment, but it looks really sloppy. The seam inbetween the sandbag texture is really eye-catching, at least for me. That is not something I'd expect to see in a 2011 game, regardless of the platform.

And yeah, comparing it to Crysis 1 on the PC is not fair.

Played the 360 beta, the sound design in fantastic, wish they would put the battlefield theme/chime in the subway speaker ala checkout in gears 3.

However, the graphics range from sometime washed out to brilliant, not as good looking as bc2 I don't think. Hopefully they get all bugs sorted in time for the xbox release.

aeiko

Banned
Pennybags said:
Go to the battlelog site instead.

i did same thing. I have the MOH early key... is anyone else getting the same error?

I was able to apply the key and download the beta, but it wont let me play? thee fck. makes no sense.

Spookie

Man the sound design is fucking nuts. I just wish, on the PC, the sound levels were much higher I'm having to increase my sound levels to hear weapons on BF3 then I get tinnitus when someone speak on mumble.

Ramirez

So, I verified my LE copy of MOH, do I just wait around and hope EA emails me a code now? So stupid that it isn't directly launched from the game for early access like the Halo 3 beta/Crackdown.

Smeghead

For some reason it says i've played Medal of Honor online when i go on my games in my EA account when i haven't actually got it.

Does this mean i can get a code if i contact EA support?

Norml

Izayoi said:
http://www.abload.de/img/untitledg8s3.png[/img

The Battle Reports are neat.[/QUOTE]
I wish they would show time spent playing at end of round along with K/D just to show some players how bad they are when people have less time spent but double the score.

Dizzle24

Got an email for the PS3 beta, but the store doesn't have it up? WTF.

Followed instructions on how to find it, but it's not there...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Dizzle24 said:

It's not up yet but today's update content is slowly being added right now so it should be up very soon.

Spl1nter

happy to see that they buffed the sniper rifles from alpha. I think they have done a good job in gun design. Especially in giving a role to each class. Sniper actually feels like a medium-long range support class.

Mobile spawn points are way to hard to notice however. They should either emit a sound of visual.

Nizz

Dizzle24 said:

Yeah, Sony is seriously fucking failing me today. And the usual PSN update is there because people in the Playstation Store thread are finding today's new stuff via search.

But still no BF3 beta...

*edit: Beaten by RoboPlato :)

Got my 360 preorder beta code for BF3 earlier. Registered and downloaded in no time (1.3GB). Plays great. It would look great on a modern PC but the 360 is starting to show its age with this game. Still very enjoyable and I'm really looking forward to the full game now.

Sound is great. Very nuanced on surround.

IMACOMPUTA

So, I was able to get the early access bf3 code from my non LE MOH via steam.

Right click>cd key, voila.

I thought it was LE only?

Not complaining, just a heads up for anyone that thought they weren't eligible.

(so worth the ~$5 i paid on steam for MOH:pOS)

So why don't they have proper gamepad support for the pc version? Yea, I know, its horrible of me to want to use a gamepad, but where's the joystick sensitivity?

FINALBOSS

Banned
BETA UP ON PS3--SEARCH FOR "BATTLEFIELD"

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

woober

Is it possible to join servers as a party? Don't tell me we still can't because I don't see an option.

Edit: It's possible. Finally!

Pennybags

ElzarTheBam said:
Played the 360 beta, the sound design in fantastic, wish they would put the battlefield theme/chime in the subway speaker ala checkout in gears 3.

However, the graphics range from sometime washed out to brilliant, not as good looking as bc2 I don't think. Hopefully they get all bugs sorted in time for the xbox release.

I swear I've heard some variation of the "duhduhduh-duh-duhduh" being played very, very, quietly on the outside back area of the subways (on edge of out-of-bounds).

Izayoi

Banned
woober said:
Is it possible to join servers as a party? Don't tell me we still can't because I don't see an option.
On PC? Yes.

In Battlelog, on the bottom right, click "COM CENTER" and then hit "Create Party" on the bottom right.

For 360, hit "Multiplayer" and then just invite people.

Pennybags said:
Here to stay, baby. And I like it.

You like it? Try joining a squad or a party. It's broken. It's a disaster. The game itself is a mess. What the fuck, EA/DICE?!

When I tell my brother to join the game, he doesn't see any notification whereas everyone else does.

DICE/EA, NOT EVERYONE'S BROWSER HAS THE SAME SETTINGS! EVER HEARD OF ADD-ONS?! THEY INTERFERE! FUCK!

Sure, you can join alone. How fantastic. Ever tried joining with a friend? Queue doesn't work, voice doesn't work, nothing works!

Whats worse is that to make it work, EVERYONE in the party has to:

1. Close ESN Sonar
2. Close the browser.
3. Close Origin.
4. Restart everything.

FUCK YOU, DICE!

Pennybags said:
I swear I've heard some variation of the "duhduhduh-duh-duhduh" being played very, very, quietly on the outside back area of the subways (on edge of out-of-bounds).

You better not be lying to me Andrew...or else!

nitric0

AiTM said:
I preordered (and payed) for this on origin. No key or beta in my games account. what do I do?
Check your email/junk mail associated to the account. I'm still waiting for mine, preordered a month ago

DarkChild

Banned
Poker360 said:
This game comes out in a month?

Beta (on 360) sure doesn't seem like it.

Glad this came out, going to cancel my pre order.
Yea, there seems to be alot of glitches and bugs, plus screen tearing is there at every corner.

Top Bottom