• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

gibon3z said:
Bad company game you mean ?

It feels and plays like BC2 and COD had a baby :/

It the guys playing, the guy looks like he dosn't even know how to spawn on someone... and I don't know if they know the word teamplay, except for a couple of revives....

Edit:"CQC is this game dosn't exist"

Holy.shit.

Saw the 360 and PS3 beta videos...360 looked far worse, lots of clipping, framerate was bad...PS3 looked better but still had problems

Hoping this is old code

NIN90

The subway part is my favorite part of this map. Advancing through the rooms, covering each other. Just feels awesome.

zedge

Plays like a Battlefield game? Is that a bad thing? I don't want any COD run and gun quake crap in my Battlefield games, I would play COD if I wanted that.

Cobra84

Geoff9920 said:
Totally disagree. This game is way slower paced than either one of those games.
There is no way this is slower than BC2, 100 tickets will last much longer in a BC2 game. Ammo boxes and health are nearly pointless because you die so fast and easily. It's like hardcore BC2 in a long tube or CoD Headquarters if people played it correctly and not like an unlimited team deathmatch.

Shawsie64

Banned
LOL @ The guys acting like the world is over because they are having issues in the beta.. Get a life and take a break from video games for a bit if its that stressful for you. If the games a mess at launch and you don't like it don't buy it, simple as that.

gibon3z said:
So much for you need a mega ultra rig to max out this game.

At 1080p a slightly overclocked and stock gtx 580 maxes out the game at 60fps.

yeah im getting quite good performance from a Q9450 and a 69502gb.. then realized before work this morning weren't even running the latest AMD drivers

zedge said:
Plays like a Battlefield game? Is that a bad thing? I don't want any COD run and gun quake crap in my Battlefield games, I would play COD if I wanted that.

You could also play any of the previous Battlefield games if you wanted that.

Geoff9920

Cobra84 said:
There is no way this is slower than BC2, 100 tickets will last much longer in a BC2 game. Ammo boxes and health are nearly pointless because you die so fast and easily. It's like hardcore BC2 in a long tube or CoD Headquarters if people played it correctly and not like an unlimited team deathmatch.
Many PC servers I play on actually increase the number of tickets for rush games in BC2. Games still go very quick. You on console?

Cobra84

Shawsie64 said:
LOL @ The guys acting like the world is over because they are having issues in the beta.. Get a life and take a break from video games for a bit if its that stressful for you. If the games a mess at launch and you don't like it don't buy it, simple as that.
This is basically a multiplayer demo, it's too close to release to be anything else. The Alpha was really a beta. There isn't really enough time to fix the numerous problems.

Geoff9920 said:
Many PC servers I play on actually increase the number of tickets for rush games in BC2. Games still go very quick. You on console?
360 and PC BC2 and PC BF3. BC2 is faster on the PC, but BF3 is faster than even PC BC2 hardcore with the same play style. In BC2 you can get away if you are getting shot at and in BF3 I'm dead before I even know I'm getting shot at.

Shawsie64 said:

Yep. We need to stop complaining if a game is broken. It'll fix itself cause EA/DICE knows about every glitch in the game and are masters of their domain.

Oh wait...

That said, as I said before: my character is going backwards. Menus keep on scrolling. It's not my keyboard. All the other games work fine. Everything is fine. This game/beta/demo/shit is not fine.

Emily Chu

Banned
Geoff9920 said:
Totally disagree. This game is way slower paced than either one of those games.

it defintely feels lighter then BC2 but not light and acardey as COD

it's hard to describe most of the firefights feels like a scene out of the movie "The Town" or Heat

it's feels just right

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww baby

Shawsie64

Banned
Cobra84 said:
This is basically a multiplayer demo, it's too close to release to be anything else. The Alpha was really a beta. There isn't really enough time to fix the numerous problems.

BC2 beta was similar, plenty of issues there that were resolved at launch. Im switching between Red Orchestra 2 and BF3 though so maybe my tolerance for bugs is higher haha

Izayoi

Banned
bf32011-09-2714-24-55-6eem.png

bf32011-09-2714-29-38-vc39.png

bf32011-09-2714-31-47-ddos.png

bf32011-09-2714-37-43-we6i.png

bf32011-09-2714-38-28-6dnz.png

Shawsie64

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
It feels fine for a BF game, but to be honest, it's very disappointing coming off Red Orchestra 2. That game has divine gunplay and hit registry.

Yeah something i'm trying to look past =/ Don't think anything comes close to RO2's gunplay

zedge said:
They don't play like COD at all.. or am I misunderstanding you?

Yeah, sorry let me clarify. I meant that you could also play any of the previous Battlefield games if you wanted to play something that plays like Battlefield. I know that's a trite thing to bitch about, but with the amount of attention this game is getting I thought they were reinventing the series. It's a shame that neither this year's COD or this game is really grabbing me, because I was looking forward to both prior to seeing them in action.

JaskoX1

Banned
Shawsie64 said:
LOL @ The guys acting like the world is over because they are having issues in the beta.. Get a life and take a break from video games for a bit if its that stressful for you.
PC is my life. For without PC I am nothing. I am here to Beta test this mang!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I just noticed the snake or chinese dragon or whatever it is on the rifle...

bf32011-09-2717-40-32-vuyr.png

Arsenic

I've posted this in another thread already but, has this happened to anyone else here? My virus protection picked it up 33% into the download via Origin. I doubt it's harmful, but I still want to make sure.

Shawsie64 said:
BC2 beta was similar, plenty of issues there that were resolved at launch. Im switching between Red Orchestra 2 and BF3 though so maybe my tolerance for bugs is higher haha

Yeah, but if I remember correctly it was released 2 months prior to release though? This is 3 weeks away. From my past experience with the Resistance 3 beta this doesn't bode well if the beta comes out that late and has some bad technical issues.

Shawsie64 said:
Yeah something i'm trying to look past =/ Don't think anything comes close to RO2's gunplay
Wasn't (or still isn't) RO2 buggy as hell?

samus4ever said:
Yeah, but if I remember correctly it was released 2 months prior to release though? This is 3 weeks away. From my past experience with the Resistance 3 Beta this doesn't bode well if the beta comes out that late and has some bad technical issues.

It's apparently older code though.

Cobra84 said:

Yep. What used to be alpha is now called beta. What used to be a demo is now called beta. Devs do this to be on the safe side and say "LOL it's a beta!" while they shit their pants and patch it.

zedge

johnFkennedy said:
Yeah, sorry let me clarify. I meant that you could also play any of the previous Battlefield games if you wanted to play something that plays like Battlefield. I know that's a trite thing to bitch about, but with the amount of attention this game is getting I thought they were reinventing the series. It's a shame that neither this year's COD or this game is really grabbing me, because I was looking forward to both prior to seeing them in action.

If it gives me half as much fun as Bad Company 2 I will be happy. :D

Cobra84

Shawsie64 said:
Wasn't the BC2 beta an actual beta released months before the release date? The BC2 multiplayer demo was released further from release and in better shape than this "beta".

alba

Little is the new Big
Am I the only one who gets randomly put back to the desktop on battlelog and I can't rejoin the game when I click back on it, I have to kill the process and restart it, it's so damn annoying :(

IMACOMPUTA

shagg_187 said:
Yes. Something is up. Battlelog is up. This is worse than playing a game on Facebook Poker.

Guess what? You have to MANUALLY score through all servers so that it can sort the full/empty servers. If you don't, it'll just sort the servers you see. Bullshit!

Jesus christ man.
Battlelog is new too, ya know?

They will fix the issues.
Remember steam when it came out?

As far as the beta being "glitchy/broken/etc":
Remember the BFBC2 beta?

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Wasn't (or still isn't) RO2 buggy as hell?

It's apparently older code though.

I did not know that. I hope for their sake it is. Nothing worse than putting down 60 dollars on an unfinished game.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Game looks and runs great on PS3--tons of little graphical issues though. Like screen blinking red and purple...tracers stuck in the air...etc.

I really hope they aren't rushing this just to beat MW3 to the punch.

IMACOMPUTA said:
As far as the beta being "glitchy/broken/etc":
Remember the BFBC2 beta?

I remember the beta released months before the game. I also remember the demo released a few weeks before the release of the game.

Alpha was the beta. This is the demo. Yes, battlelog is new, but why not create it in-game is boggling my mind.

Again: when it's in-game, you don't have the maintain anything. When it's browser based, you have to make sure that the add-ons or popup blockers or download managers or adblock doesn't interfere with it, and you have to make sure that the newer version of the browser doesn't mess around with it. I don't get that problem with Bad Company 2, yet with this I see loads of problems.

It's good for lone players who want to quick join. For everything else, you have to manually refresh the browser to see if it's under effect.

But yes... it's a beta. I paid for this beta and I have every right to complain... :)

I bet the console version are much more stable.

Arsenic

Arsenic said:
I've posted this in another thread already but, has this happened to anyone else here? My virus protection picked it up 33% into the download via Origin. I doubt it's harmful, but I still want to make sure.
Shit forgot to post the picture -_-

Prezhulio

Definity said:
Give up. I've tried it already and when it's your turn you get disconnected.

to be exact since i JUST got out of it after an hour

There are no advisors available to chat with you right now. Please try again later.

pretty shitty, especially considering i won't be able to play at all this weekend :/

edit: and the request email response just crashes.

Top Bottom