• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
My EA account email is disabled and now I'm waiting on line for live support just for a fucking resend of my email. EA will always fail with their beta/demos.

Ezduo said:
Posted? Leaked Caspian Border gameplay.

Shows some jet flying and points being captured.

AJ8nm.gif

Spl1nter said:
I have a feeling it will be nerfed again by release. :(

I dont know if anyone else had difficulty with the assault rifle spread and recoil. I still haven't really found a sweet spot for timing and firing. They just feel a bit odd in how the recoil and spread behaves.

Same. Really like the Assault class (would love the Engineer class if there were vehicles to destroy) but haven't found a sweet spot yet. I actually was doing well with the HK416.

G_Berry

Banned
Spl1nter said:
I have a feeling it will be nerfed again by release. :(

I dont know if anyone else had difficulty with the assault rifle spread and recoil. I still haven't really found a sweet spot for timing and firing. They just feel a bit odd in how the recoil and spread behaves.

They changed it from how it was in the Alpha. The noobs cried not enough recoil because they were getting nailed, now, this is what we get.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Same. Really like the Assault class (would love the Engineer class if there were vehicles to destroy) but haven't found a sweet spot yet. I actually was doing well with the HK416.

Still haven't unlocked the 416, I picked it up once off a body and switched to burst fire mode. Felt a bit better, but still odd.

Spl1nter

wowzors said:
Do you know how to host a mumble server using murmur?

why? there is a neogaf server.

G_Berry said:
They changed it from how it was in the Alpha. The noobs cried not enough recoil because they were getting nailed, now, this is what we get.

One, am I crying, no. Two, if anything I would want slightly more recoil. Three, I have no problem with the recoil. My issue is with how the recoil and spread relate, its really odd how they are interacting and behaving visually.

wowzors

Spl1nter said:
why? there is a neogaf server.

One, am I crying no. Two, if anything I would want slightly more recoil. Three, I have no problem with the recoil. My issue is with how the recoil and spread relate. Its really odd how its behaving.

For future Star Wars The Old Republic related reasons, haha. but good to know on the Neogaf Mumble server.

Jtrizzy

So I'm 69th in a queue and I cant get into a game. I just want to see what it looks like. Is my shit fucked up or are there are just not enough servers?

Spl1nter

wowzors said:
For future Star Wars The Old Republic related reasons, haha. but good to know on the Neogaf Mumble server.

Mumble servers are extremely cheap and if you did want to set one up using murmur its very easy. I know scogoth has done it before.

Jtrizzy said:
So I'm 69th in a queue and I cant get into a game. I just want to see what it looks like. Is my shit fucked up or are there are just not enough servers?

Choose a different server in the server browser.

Luixfern

Hah, I was just playing with the guy that captured that Caspian Border footage. I still think Caspian Border seems a bit unfinished, still... soo good.

Makoto

Spl1nter said:
My issue is with how the recoil and spread relate, its really odd how they are interacting and behaving visually.
I agree.

Granted, it's still easy to control as it was in the alpha but I think I hold that opinion for the beta because of auto-aim on PS3. Either way though, it made the game way too easy for me in the alpha and I'm sure it's still simple on the PC beta. Gotta appeal to those masses.

Spl1nter

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
LOL Yeah, I have to imagine that's going to be toned down. I swear that thing could put a spot on the moon!

sv98/no optics/bi-pod/tactical flashlight

Greatest troll kit ever created!

nitric0

Anyone else getting weird FPS dips when playing as a defender? I lose about 20 FPS as a defender and gain 20 FPS as an attacker. Weird

Jtrizzy

yeah I get this 54th in the queue in the little window in the lower left hand corner every game I try, even with matchmaking. Alt enter doesn't make it go full screen either. any help would be appreciated I just built a pc for this game. and haven't seen it yet.

Can't tell who the fuck is on my team and who isn't. Everyone looks the same and the spotting no longer adds red arrows over enemy's heads it only adds tiny blips on the radar which is barely noticable unless you're watching it like a hawk like the game's StarCraft II or something. Not sure if I like that.

Nizz

I give up. I've been trying to download this fucking beta for over four hours now from PSN. I canceled the d/load, started again. Canceled again and started downloading it without background downloading. It was going pretty fast, at one point it was at 52% with an estimated sixteen/seventeen minutes left.

Now it's stuck at 58% and twenty nine minutes left. So frustrating....

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I'm having a hard time playing a complete round on the PS3 version. I keep getting disconnected. Other than that, it is awesome.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
LordCanti said:
That footage makes me look at Op_Metro and weep. Is that even the same game?

Goddammit people, you're making me regret missing the footage. Someone's gotta have another link.

punkypine

the beta performance stuff was overhyped, i have a radeon 5770 and it runs great on the auto settings (which were all high except for one thing) and 16x AA at 1920x1080. I expected to have to run it at like 720p haha

Anyway, having alot of fun with it now that i'm used to battlelog and all that. I wanna try some vehichles

had the beta activated since this morning, but have had to wait until midnight to get it, since Im low on badwidth cap, and its only unlimited between midnight and 8am. long day for sure lol

LordCanti said:
That footage makes me look at Op_Metro and weep. Is that even the same game?
I actually liked Op Metro a lot. Love the underground and last part the most. I even think it tells (if you will) a decent narrative too.

That said Caspian looks amazing. I feel like I should buy a joystick. Man I hope they unlock it. I mean come on DICE you need to start doing some more stress testing. :)

Oh one thing I really, really, really like is suppression points. It encourages more team work, because even if you can't get the shot, you can still get a lot of points. It's also a nice realistic touch.

purple cobra said:
I give up. I've been trying to download this fucking beta for over four hours now from PSN. I canceled the d/load, started again. Canceled again and started downloading it without background downloading. It was going pretty fast, at one point it was at 52% with an estimated sixteen/seventeen minutes left.

Now it's stuck at 58% and twenty nine minutes left. So frustrating....

You'd probably have it by now if you hadn't kept canceling it.

Top Bottom