• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Early Access for 360 for whoever gets it first.

V6YGK-CC3GC-HF326-QVC7Y-YXJKZ

I had MoH on the 360 but I'll be getting BF3 on PC so I'll just wait for the beta to open up later on.

Is there a way to force a higher AA? In-game all it allows is 4x MSAA and "post AA" (not sure what that is...probably fake AA?) How do I make it higher?

Couple of things I want to say.

- the changes they've made to 3D spotting are fantastic, the way it works now is perfect, and it seems they have put in some cool down buzzer to stop you from spot spamming, excellent.
- alternatively, the sniper scope glare is way too prominent, there is no point being a sniper any more because you just see the scope glare, I think this needs to be tuned somehow because it's going to remove any point in getting to a good sniper spot because as soon as you scope the position is given away

Stantron

Wow, first time playing a PC shooter. I suck using the keyboard WASD for movement so bad. It feels so unnatural. My left hand is constantly wondering what button does what. Ahg, this is gonna take some practice.

Ezduo

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:
- alternatively, the sniper scope glare is way too prominent, there is no point being a sniper any more because you just see the scope glare, I think this needs to be tuned somehow because it's going to remove any point in getting to a good sniper spot because as soon as you scope the position is given away
How far away can you easily spot it? It wouldn't surprise me if it's balanced for large conquest maps as opposed to a smaller rush map.

Spl1nter

ColonialRaptor said:
Couple of things I want to say.

- the changes they've made to 3D spotting are fantastic, the way it works now is perfect, and it seems they have put in some cool down buzzer to stop you from spot spamming, excellent.

I dont think the sniper scope glare has to be changed that much. You have to remember how small of a map we are playing on.

Spl1nter

Canti I want a good explanation and details about Caspian in the morning. You lucky fucking bastard.

if you are allowed to share

"Stereo 3D" will not stay "on" when i choose it to do so...oh and I finally joined a server that actually had names over your allied targets and red arrows over spotted enemies...thank god.

How come forcing AA through nvidia drivers isn't working?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
mr_nothin said:
Im seeing a few ppl play caspian on my friends list (they're from gaf)
wtf let me in!

And they're ignoring me :/
They're probably doing the same thing to their hygiene now that they're playing a real Battlefield map.

Sethos

Banned
Said this in another thread, not sure if everybody knows. Stereo in the audio options is off by default. Turn it on and audio gets clearer and less muffled.

Sethos said:
Said this in another thread, not sure if everybody knows. Stereo in the audio options is off by default. Turn it on and audio gets clearer and less muffled.

Makes a big difference to the sound when using headphones.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
So after 2 hours I am again talking to Origin's live help and after explaining that I can't log in to Battlelog he asks me my hardware specs.

...I think at this point I should just cancel my preorder. I have no faith I'll be able to play this game when it launches :(

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Ysiadmihi said:
So after 2 hours I am again talking to Origin's live help and after explaining that I can't log in to Battlelog he asks me my hardware specs.

...I think at this point I should just cancel my preorder. I have no faith I'll be able to play this game when it launches :(

Come on, man, when was the last time you actually resolved an issue you had after calling technical support? I've pretty much given up on calling any type of support hotline because nothing ever comes out of it.

Jtrizzy

finally got my shit working, Battlelog wanted to use my onboard graphics for some reason. I actually finished second on my team using a 360 controller. Had a triple kill right off the bat. But I'm going to switch to kb/m soon though, the controller isn't nearly as responsive as it is on console.

kuYuri

I played one match on 360 earlier and oh boy, the graphics look really not good and is overall really rough. It's gotta be an old build.

Looking forward to PC version on 29th at least.

Dan Yo

Banned
I've not been able to read most of the the thread but what is the consensus/verdict on the 360 version? It's screwed up, right? They accidentally put some half finished version up or something I'm guessing? This is not how the final game is going to be, correct?

How is the flickering for people with amd cards? It's almost unplayably bad for me.

I'm re-downloading the drivers from the amd website (11.10 preview) and going to try them because I previously had the mega upload one and the file size is different so I'm hoping that's it, if not I'll go back to 11.8 and try that, if that doesn't work I'll try going back to the new 11.10 drivers and try various crossfire profiles I'm radeon pro.

Question: On 360 I'm running audiophile headphones through an Astro Mixamp connected with an optical cable (for DD 5.1). I have speaker type set to WAR TAPES and stereo "off". Should I change it?

It_Hurts

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:
How is the flickering for people with amd cards? It's almost unplayably bad for me.

I'm re-downloading the drivers from the amd website (11.10 preview) and going to try them because I previously had the mega upload one and the file size is different so I'm hoping that's it, if not I'll go back to 11.8 and try that, if that doesn't work I'll try going back to the new 11.10 drivers and try various crossfire profiles I'm radeon pro.

I didn't update to the preview drivers and I get some flickering (not too bad for sure not unplayable) but only at the beginning of a round, after 2 minutes it is usually gone. I have a 6950.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
MVP MOTHA' FUCKA'S

33os9af.jpg

1zmou9y.jpg

3 hours, rank 12 already hehe

God I'm gonna' FUCK the ever living shit out of this game

GOD DAMN!

UNF UNF UNF!

HYPE OVERLOAD!

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
ColonialRaptor said:

I have quite a bit of flickering on my single 6970. I'm also using the same megaupload beta drivers. Interested to see what kind of results you get with the drivers from AMDs site.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
soulassssns said:
EA has the worlds best customer service!

/sarcasm

Yeah, I am really astonished at how bad it is. I never believed Origin would be this bad.

The customer service guy I'm talking to has gone silent on me, so I left a message for him asking to please cancel my preorder and send me an email confirmation that I haven't been charged anything and I seriously doubt I'll even see that much.

Pennybags

Stantron said:
Wow, first time playing a PC shooter. I suck using the keyboard WASD for movement so bad. It feels so unnatural. My left hand is constantly wondering what button does what. Ahg, this is gonna take some practice.

I keep knifing when I try to throw grenades, and equip grenades or health packs when trying to revive people.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
GrizzNKev said:
Not quite my 6000+ score but ok

Had 9000+ one round, dudes kept arming, and kept running away LAWL, our team was dominant we would get them to < than 20 tickets, let them take it repeat process till 3rd set, then we just annihilated them

Center escalators in the far back are fucking MEAT Grinders, 5 guys perched around, just kill after kill, 1 guy just ran around supplying ammo LOL

ValleyJoe said:
I have quite a bit of flickering on my single 6970. I'm also using the same megaupload beta drivers. Interested to see what kind of results you get with the drivers from AMDs site.

Just finished updating, and I must say this, ever since I updated to the megaupload drivers my computer has felt like a buggy bitch, but now with these new ones, it feels back to normal.

I'm about to log in and play a game and will report back with results soon.

Top Bottom