• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
cpp_is_king said:
Early access was pulled due to unforeseen circumstances. It was originally working, and in fact if you redeemed your key VERY FAST, it actually worked and you could still get in (even now you can get in if you got it fast enough). The problem is for the people who didn't get their email fast enough and it took them a while to redeem the key.

Unfortunately, if you can't get it now, you have to wait until open beta.

Where did you get this info and why did it happen? That's a serious middle finger to people lik me to be honest.

Hammer

excaliburps said:
Yep, try doing a search for it. You'll see it but won't be able to download it. What the heck was the early access email for?

Woah good call! Found it, selected it, and the 'Download Now' option was greyed out; I put down the controller and accidentally hit a button or 3, and boom: downloading. :D

Thanks excaliburps!!

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Inferno313 said:
So, the download can be shared but it still won't let you log in until thursday?

I think you can log in today. But I haven't been able to share it due to my early access NOT working...I can see it but I can't download it.

excaliburps said:
Where did you get this info and why did it happen? That's a serious middle finger to people lik me to be honest.

It's not a middle finger if you knew the details, it was just unavoidable due to the circumstances. Give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Hammer said:
Woah good call! Found it, selected it, and the 'Download Now' option was greyed out; I put down the controller and accidentally hit a button or 3, and boom: downloading. :D

Thanks excaliburps!!

WTF?! It still won't work for me! You serious?! I'm getting so pissed to be honest...Still says my account is not authorized for the content.

Hammer

Well, to clarify: My email didn't have a key, it was just informing me it should be there. The only key I entered was way back when I got MoH:LE. Didn't have to enter any other keys or get any email keys.

By searching it and button-spamming the greyed-out download button somehow worked, and I am installing now. Hope that helps.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played on PS3 for a few hours. Damn, this game is good. Aside from looking pretty jaggy (there's no way this has proper MLAA implementation) and having some obscene tearing at times the game looks great. Lighting is fantastic and the framerate is pretty solid. This has to be one of the best feeling/controlling FPS ever. The movement feels so natural and the guns have a decent amount of recoil. They've really boosted the teamplay aspects from BC2. I've gotten an MVP ribbon almost every round so far even though I don't have a good K/D ratio. Healing, reviving, and taking MCOMs results in far more points than trying to play like a TDM. I can't wait to put more time into this and try out some other classes. I just got the M416 for assault and it's awesome.

I have run into a few weird glitches than can be pretty annoying. It'll sometimes flicker white or purple and a lot of times I suddenly lose the ability to sprint and have to change stance a few times to fix it. I'm sure this stuff will be fixed by release though.

Oozinator

Banned
still no beta key for me, it seems that I won't be able to play today. Where do I sign up to be paid compensation for the 24 hours missing from the 48 hours early access ?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
cpp_is_king said:
It's not a middle finger if you knew the details, it was just unavoidable due to the circumstances. Give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

What details? Shouldn't they let their customers know what's happening if they know about it? I tweeted two CMs, no response...

QUOTE=Hammer]Well, to clarify: My email didn't have a key, it was just informing me it should be there. The only key I entered was way back when I got MoH:LE. Didn't have to enter any other keys or get any email keys.

By searching it and button-spamming the greyed-out download button somehow worked, and I am installing now. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Yep, only got the email as well. Redeemed the code ages ago. So, I guess I need to spam this button till this thing works? Wow...

Hammer

excaliburps said:
Yep, only got the email as well. Redeemed the code ages ago. So, I guess I need to spam this button till this thing works? Wow...

Button spam everything! Mine wouldn't download (download button greyed-out), I literally tossed the controller on my bed, heard a noise on the tv, and turned around to see the download. It's worth a shot!

Violater

First thing I am going to do when playing is see how everything reacts to being shot.
So many videos and no one has shot the damn water. smh
And the fact that we can't bring entire buildings down is a bummer

zedge

Violater said:
First thing I am going to do when playing is see how everything reacts to being shot.
So many videos and no one has shot the damn water. smh
And the fact that we can't bring entire buildings down is a bummer

On PC the water does not react at all to shooting.. its weird. Probably just a beta thing.

IMACOMPUTA

DryvBy2 said:
I have a pretty pimp audio setup. This game sounds terrific. Probably the 2nd best I've heard on a console. Boomy loud gun fire. I wish I could play all night but it's already bed time.

What's number 1?

jet1911

RoboPlato said:
I'm pretty sure those things have a portable star in them.

Haha yeah, make sense in the tunnel but outside it pretty weird to be linded by a flashlight.

Also in the last hour every game I played ended with a "server time out" and the game crashing on me. No progress. :(

Just played my first match on ps3 and the game looks really good. Sounds amazing also. It's still beta-y so there's a few annoyances: Going to the pause screen and back in game will make the graphics all blue and dark. I just paused and unpaused and it went back to normal.

One thing I see they still haven't added is to be able to right right after a match is done. I have to enter the match then quit which can be kinda annoying.

I still enjoy it though. controls feel good, sounds and graphics are really good. i'm pretty impressed so far.

The minimum NVidia driver required for PC is a beta driver (285.27)??? WTF?

Guess I'm gonna have to break my rule of not downloading beta video drivers. Fuck it. Already sold my soul to fucking Origin, might as well.

th3dude

I'm not the only one that noticed and got annoyed by the fact that bullets go straight through rocks and other objects, right?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Hammer said:
Button spam everything! Mine wouldn't download (download button greyed-out), I literally tossed the controller on my bed, heard a noise on the tv, and turned around to see the download. It's worth a shot!

When I click on it, it says "You do not have authorization to access this content" or something. Which isn't really spammable. UGH!

I take it I have to wait, then? Or find someone who will let me get it from their download history?

I'm liking this, but not loving it. It just feels weird to die so fast in a BF game. It seemed like in Bf2 and BC2 you needed to know your weapons strengths. To me this feels a bit like spray 'n pray.

Nizz

Anybody else getting really slow download speeds for the PS3 beta? I swear I've downloaded stuff in the past bigger than this and it didn't take this long to download.

I first started at around 7:30pm and by around 9:30pm it was still at 39%. I figured there was something wrong and I canceled the download and started over. It's at 46% now. Jesus Christ, at this rate I'm not going to be able to play tonight. :(

Hammer

purple cobra said:
Anybody else getting really slow download speeds for the PS3 beta? I swear I've downloaded stuff in the past bigger than this and it didn't take this long to download.

I first started at around 7:30pm and by around 9:30pm it was still at 39%. I figured there was something wrong and I canceled the download and started over. It's at 46% now. Jesus Christ, at this rate I'm not going to be able to play tonight. :(

Nope. Both my download and install didn't take over 15 minutes total once it started. Seemed super small and lite, though I didn't really check.

Nizz

Hammer said:
Nope. Both my download and install didn't take over 15 minutes total once it started. Seemed super small and lite, though I didn't really check.
Damn. I wonder what the hell is going on on my end. Man, I really wanted to jump into some matches soon.

erage2772

Neo Member
Ashish: Hi, my name is Ashish. How may I help you?
sa******.com: hey im having a problem recieving my Battlefield 3 beta content
sa******.com: I have played medal of honor on my ps3, see in my account that it acknowledges i have but i got no code and when i go to play on my ps3 it says i cant access the content
Ashish: I do understand how frustrating this can be, and I will try my best to resolve this issue regarding BF3 beta early access.
Ashish: You will navigate to the Playstation Store, then View All By Title, then B, then Battlefield. If the user qualifies for early access, the Battlefield 3 beta will appear here. Beta access for PS3 users is granted automatically.
sa******.com: ive tried that but it says i cant access it, yet i bought MEdal of Honor for the ps3 and played it online when it came out to give me access when this came out
Ashish: Could you please provide me your psn id?
sa******.com: my account which email is sa******.com and username erage2772. even says ive played it online. yet i cant get into my BF3
sa******.com: erage2772
sa******.com: email is sa******.com*
Ashish: Thanks.
Ashish: In that case it is not unlocked yet in your region so I would suggest you to please wait for some time.
Ashish: It is not completely unlock on every region so it take time to unlock so please wait for some time.
Ashish: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
sa******.com: Sorry but I live in a dorm where i can walk around to my friends rooms and they are currently playing it. they have been for hours. I can see the content I just cant play it. Why can people in the same building play it but i cant?
Ashish: I just want to inform you that BF3 Beta is free for all, It is a open Beta.The Battlefield 3 beta is scheduled to be available on 29 September and if you have pre-ordered Battlefield 3 or have registered a copy of Medal of Honor Limited Edition will receive 48 hours early access to the beta.for more information please visit http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta
sa******.com: yes and i have a registered copy of medal of honor on my account. i should have the 48 hour early access
Ashish: I am sorry to say but there is not any detail in our data base so we can not provide you any code, Please wait till 29 September you will get the BF3 open Beta access for more information please visit http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta
sa******.com: you can go onto my account, i can provide a picture of my account and see if have it
Ashish: I am sorry to say but there is not any detail in our data base so we can not provide you any code.
sa******.com: how is there no detail yet if i go into https://www.ea.com/profile/my-games and next to my medal of honor is shows the green check mark saying online played
Ashish: As I already told you that there is not any detail in our data base so we can not provide you any code, if you have another issue please let me know else I need to disconnect this chat.
Ashish: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
File attachment upload has started.
The file medal of honor.JPG (74.25KB) was received.
sa******.com: if you look at the file, its from your server from your website, you will see my username at the bottom.
sa******.com: you see the medal of honor and it has the green check amrk
sa******.com: why is it on your website i can access showing i played the game yet you say you cant see it?
Ashish: It appears that you are no longer available for this chat session; hence, I am concluding it. If you have any more question or concerns, please feel free to contact us again and we would be glad to us assist you further.
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts support today.
Ashish has disconnected.
This is the worst customer service ever. It looks like they were just sending me premade statements and then just close it on me. I am beyond pissed that I was treated like that. Sure I dont get in 48 hours early but they treat customers like this? Provided the pic I sent to her
http://i.imgur.com/4V2ru.jpg

Spl1nter

Lot of fun tonight PC GAF notwithstanding the server crashes, disconnects, prone people sprinting through the map, dead people not being dead, other bugs and glitches, HORRIBLE STILL UNFIXED FROM ALPHA SQUAD SYSTEM, having to deploy to change settings, no exit button on in-between round screen and all reasonable battlelog features being removed it was a lot of fun.

The base gameplay is extremely solid. Im really surprised at how well DICE did in making each class serve a specific function and role. Makes me so eager to play conquest.

Recon class for the first time ever is able to fulfill the role of mid-long range fire support. The 12x scope is amazing. Completely sacrifices close range utility for long range use, unlike BC2. Only issues I find right now in terms of balance are the audio queues for the radio sensor and motion sensor are a bit weak. As well, the recoil on the base sniper rifles should probably be increased slightly as the ability to fire consecutive accurate shots is a few milliseconds to quick.

Dont have a lot of playtime tomorrow but will try to unlock the SKS, excited to use a different sniper rifle.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Stantron said:
Is there a trick to join a server quickly (PC)? I've been stuck on "Joining Server..." for a long time.
just keep spam clicking join on one server. someone will leave eventually, and it's faster than queuing/playing empty spot wack-a-mole.

LordCanti

Not sure if this is op worthy or not, but the Mortar isn't in the beta. Anyone trying to level up support for it (which is the class that gets it, apparently) is going to be sad (I know I was).

GJS

Stantron said:
Is there a trick to join a server quickly (PC)? I've been stuck on "Joining Server..." for a long time.
Filter the servers for 5+ free slots and you should be able to quickly find a server to join, if you still can't join those servers then there is something wrong.

Stantron

ghst said:
just keep spam clicking join on one server. someone will leave eventually, and it's faster than queuing/playing empty spot wack-a-mole.
Ok, I'll give it a shot. Thanks. I assume by spam, you mean like once every 10 seconds or so.

GST said:
Filter the servers for 5+ free slots and you should be able to quickly find a server to join, if you still can't join those servers then there is something wrong.
This helps show the available ones. But it seems like the servers are getting hammered cause I'm having much luck joining anything.

Canti confirmed that, though you can unlock a lot, you can't use it all. Beta won't let you use the mortar :-\

Spl1nter said:
Recon class for the first time ever is able to fulfill the role of mid-long range fire support. The 12x scope is amazing. Completely sacrifices close range utility for long range use, unlike BC2. Only issues I find right now in terms of balance are the audio queues for the radio sensor and motion sensor are a bit weak. As well, the recoil on the base sniper rifles should probably be increased slightly as the ability to fire consecutive accurate shots is a few milliseconds to quick.

You came close to squealing with delight over the Recon class.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
You came close to squealing with delight over the Recon class.

I have a feeling it will be nerfed again by release. :(

I dont know if anyone else had difficulty with the assault rifle spread and recoil. I still haven't really found a sweet spot for timing and firing. They just feel a bit odd in how the recoil and spread behaves.

Top Bottom