• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

gibon3z said:
:/ Also wish Ff was on.

Game just doesn't feel right. No magic, no spark it just feels lifeless.

Hopefully its just the map but I highly doubt thats the case.
Yea that's a server to server basis. I played a few servers that had FF and others that didn't

This whole time I have been playing as support so I could unlock the m224 mortar only to find out its not in the beta. Quite a few unlocks are not in the beta all the cool ones.

mr_nothin

Banned
gibon3z said:
:/ Also wish Ff was on.

Game just doesn't feel right. No magic, no spark it just feels lifeless.

Hopefully its just the map but I highly doubt thats the case.
It feels way less awesome than the alpha. Alpha was like nirvana that needed a few tweaks here and there. But then we end up with the lav missing, full squad spawn, and cover out the yang.

Full sq spawning def takes away from that awesome feeling.
gibon3z said:
This whole time I have been playing as support so I could unlock the m224 mortar only to find out its not in the beta. Quite a few unlocks are not in the beta all the cool ones.
Also, you dont parachute when you spawn from a mobile spawn radio in the beta.

mr_nothin said:
It feels way less awesome than the alpha. Alpha was like nirvana that needed a few tweaks here and there. But then we end up with the lav missing, full squad spawn, and cover out the yang.

Full sq spawning def takes away from that awesome feeling.

Huge huge annoyances for me.

The cover also annoys the crap out of me because it usually exposes only the enemies head and apparently that is enough for them to shoot me .

I hate how fps always have the bullets come out of a players head its so easily exploited.

mr_nothin said:
Also, you dont parachute when you spawn from a mobile spawn radio in the beta.

You telling me if you spawned on a mobile beacon you would parachute down in the alpha. This idea is cool as heck. I really do not see why it would be removed. Spawning on a forward beacon should have some risk associated with it. SL spawning also appeared to be good in the alpha, I absolutely hate squad spawning.

mr_nothin

Banned
gibon3z said:
Huge huge annoyances for me.

The cover also annoys the crap out of me because it usually exposes only the enemies head and apparently that is enough for them to shoot me .

I hate how fps always have the bullets come out of a players head its so easily exploited.
Yea, I was just talking about the "tip of the enemie's head" problem when they take cover with a friend. You only see a sliver of their head but they can see you in almost full view. Pisses me off.

I love BF3 so far but I'm really kind of disappointed after the experience we had in the Alpha. It was amazing and unlike anything i've played for the last 5 years, at least. It was the perfect balance between bf/bc. Gave that nostalgic feeling but still felt updated, new, and fresh. This feels more in-line with bc2 (full sq spawning is a big reason why too...but dont forget KILLCAMS!!!). Why did they have to add those 2 things. 2 things I hate with a PASSION

Hate when I'm sneaking my way to MCOM by crawling and I kill an enemy or 2 and they see exactly where I'm heading and just type out my position to their team. If im not killed right away by a teammate then they will just respawn and run to the mcom they saw me going after. I also cant flank people either because they can just say "in our base by the bridge!". How do I know they do this?? Because i DO IT! No point in holding out when everyone else does it. I hate that crap

nomis

Hey guys, I bought the Medal of Honor LE, but I think about two or three days ago I stupidly unsubscribed from EA battlefield-related emails. I was checking my mail and got fed up with their spam when I had to read some shit about buying an Alienware PC, so I hit the unsubscribe link.

Now I haven't recieved my Medal of Honor key. I'm thinking the two might be related. Is there any way to hit up the EA site to just find my beta key?

omnomis said:
Hey guys, I bought the Medal of Honor LE, but I think about two or three days ago I stupidly unsubscribed from EA battlefield-related emails. I was checking my mail and got fed up with their spam when I had to read some shit about buying an Alienware PC, so I hit the unsubscribe link.

Now I haven't recieved my Medal of Honor key. I'm thinking the two might be related. Is there any way to hit up the EA site to just find my beta key?

Contact EA Live chat support via Origin.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Finally got the beta added to my account.

Finally got the game downloaded.

Launch it, go to Battlelog..."YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ALLOWED TO LOG IN."

Fuck you EA.

winnarps

For anyone who hasn't gotten a key yet, but knows they were eligible: I used the Live Chat within Origin (wait took about an hour or so).

qbtHJ.png

Concept17

Finally got a chance to try this. Runs like garbage on my rig. (running a 4800HD, which runs everything else fine)

It actually runs okay until my muzzleflash shows up and I get a nice dose of video lag resulting in me relying mostly on spray and pray.

A LOT of lag. Makes its pretty much unplayable atm. I want to say its just beta lag... but it just FEELS like battlefield lag... the kind that sort of ruins these games for me more often than not.

Also... is there no way to launch the game without using a browser? I mean.. Origin > Browser > Game is just so completely pointless. I guess it kind of makes sense since DICE can't make a proper menu system worth a damn that doesn't crash, lag, or just plain suck.

If I can get this running as good as BC2, I'll be happy, but atm its nearly unplayable. :(

sp3000

They removed the LAV? Wow, that was the only good thing about this map.

They also added in full squad spawn? Looks like DICE is trying very hard to make BF3 garbage.

Makoto

PS3 version is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Add to that, I really don't want to switch between PC and PS3 when it comes to the unlocks. I may just keep the PS3 beta as my primary platform until my PC pre-order releases.

Oni Jazar said:
So do you get skill points if the connection is terminated before the round ends?
No. I was in a game, and I was suddenly booted out with a "Server time-out" error. When I went to check my stats in battlelog, I didn't get any points for that round.

Oni Jazar

Zero-Crescent said:
No. I was in a game, and I was suddenly booted out with a "Server time-out" error. When I went to check my stats in battlelog, I didn't get any points for that round.

Arg what a pain I've had great matches that go all the way to the end and then time out!!!

Amagon

Just got out of a match (PS3) and there is this freaking guy who apparently found a glitch, wall hacking or some shit cause his kill cam when shot by him is him laying down on the ground having a seizure. Fucking irritated me and my whole team cause we had no idea where he was and dude was killing us out of no where. Fucker had 39-9! Other than that, I'm really enjoying the beta. Feels a little weird at first cause I use to play BFBC2 on the 360 but I've been consistently in the top 5. Can't wait for the full release next month!!!

Kibbles said:
Why can't you cook grenades?
I''m with you on that buddy. Is it me or is the knife play a little bit slower than BFBC2?

Luixfern

pillarofdawn said:
http://i.imgur.com/DRoGz.png
just saw this on battlelog. thought it was kinda interesting. Thoughts? Ea internal testing or will we get it in a week or what? :/

I'm downloading now. My friend has access to caspian border server, ill can PM you the info once I'm in if you want.

Hammer

Ok so I got an email saying the beta should be in the PS3 store waiting for me, but its nowhere to be found. Also their FAQ about the beta has not been updated, and some of the answers are in other languages. Sooo annoyed. ><

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Nobody else has had the "your account is not allowed to log in" message?

The only think I can think of is my account has been banned, but I can't imagine why it would be since I just got Origin.

Hawk269

The main OP has listed that the 360/PS3 version beta will be on the respective marketplaces on Thursday, however how is the PC version being handled? Is it on Steam or on Orgin come Thursday?

Thanks!

Hammer

Hawk269 said:
The main OP has listed that the 360/PS3 version beta will be on the respective marketplaces on Thursday, however how is the PC version being handled? Is it on Steam or on Orgin come Thursday?

Thanks!

Assuming that the MoH:LE pre-order supersedes this...

Playing the 360 beta. It's.... ok.

I mean, the map sucks, REALLY sucks.

It blows my mind that DICE is putting out what is essentially in the minds of the masses, a demo of a Battlefield game where there's NO VEHICLES and the map is basically one long killtube. From a business strategy aspect it's a bizarre choice.

Hoping for a miracle Caspian unlock.

Helmholtz

The kill cams are pretty dumb in this game. Either show me where they were, or how they killed me. Don't show me a third person frontal view of them dicking around.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
ClovingSteam said:
Hate to be annoying but anybody else having trouble with accessing the beta on playstation network? Do you have to enter the serial before you can download the game? I have the serial but it says I don't have rights with my account.

I think a lot of people are. I know I haven't been able to download the beta and whatnot for some reason.

giancarlo123x said:
YES! MY BETA KEY FINALLY WORKED! SEE YOU IN 40 PS3 GAF!

vidal said:
PS3 version is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Add to that, I really don't want to switch between PC and PS3 when it comes to the unlocks. I may just keep the PS3 beta as my primary platform until my PC pre-order releases.

How did you make it work? I search for it and when I click it, it says I don't have authority to access the content. Shit!

Hammer said:
Ok so I got an email saying the beta should be in the PS3 store waiting for me, but its nowhere to be found. Also their FAQ about the beta has not been updated, and some of the answers are in other languages. Sooo annoyed. ><

Yep, try doing a search for it. You'll see it but won't be able to download it. What the heck was the early access email for?

Moaradin

Luixfern said:
I'm downloading now. My friend has access to caspian border server, ill can PM you the info once I'm in if you want.

Holy shit, would love the password. Need some real Battlefield gameplay.

excaliburps said:
I think a lot of people are. I know I haven't been able to download the beta and whatnot for some reason.

How did you make it work? I search for it and when I click it, it says I don't have authority to access the content. Shit!

Yep, try doing a search for it. You'll see it but won't be able to download it. What the heck was the early access email for?

Early access was pulled due to unforeseen circumstances. It was originally working, and in fact if you redeemed your key VERY FAST, it actually worked and you could still get in (even now you can get in if you got it fast enough). The problem is for the people who didn't get their email fast enough and it took them a while to redeem the key.

Unfortunately, if you can't get it now, I think you have to wait until open beta.

Top Bottom