• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

woober

LordCanti said:
I know that feel bro. I wanted to see the changes, and I've just seen pretty much all of them in this stream. No real reason left to play except to see how my rig performs.

Caspian would have been incredible. Oh well.

Pretty much how I feel too. Not much variation can be had in Rush mode. Conquest on the other hand, you have this constant struggle for flags that makes it interesting.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Menelaus said:
just got this email

Subject: Not your beta invitation
Body: WAHHHHHHHH

Fuck my friends.
Nothing is as bad as EA sending out emails with "Your Battlefield 3 Beta Code" as the subject line to remind MoH early access people that they would get codes in September on the day that the alpha started. That was just cruel.

YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ALLOWED TO LOG IN

lol.gif

Did this dude just get banned from the Beta?

EDIT: Or is he just offline?

belvedere

Junior Butler
Mr. Snrub said:
YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ALLOWED TO LOG IN

lol.gif

Did this dude just get banned from the Beta?

EDIT: Or is he just offline?

lol just saw this and assumed he was trying an alt account or something.

Emily Chu

Banned
LordCanti said:
Just so we're clear, that's the message most of us are receiving right now, right? Not the "you've been banned" message? :p

yeah I figured I gave it a shot a couple of hours ago

no dice same message...

ta

woober

Is there an NDA on the beta? If not, I might try streaming tomorrow (but at 720p) if I don't have to turn down too many settings to do it.

woober said:
Is there an NDA on the beta? If not, I might try streaming tomorrow (but at 720p) if I don't have to turn down too many settings to do it.

Please do, I'll be stuck at work all day :(

I fully expect you gaffers to have Battlelog and squad joining figured out so we can get some rounds in tomorrow night.

woober said:

NDA ends tomorrow I think.

however i am pretty sure there was a NDA today since beta hadn't started yet

Megasoum

Banned
Haha, now even the official Battlefield twitter tweeted the AMD link but it still doesn't work...

The guy who works for AMD and tweeted the original link said that it won't be up for a couple of hours. The BF twitter was just dumb enough to RT right away.

mr_nothin

Banned
Megasoum said:
Haha, now even the official Battlefield twitter tweeted the AMD link but it still doesn't work...

The guy who works for AMD and tweeted the original link said that it won't be up for a couple of hours. The BF twitter was just dumb enough to RT right away.
It is up...

G_Berry

Banned
Sethos said:
It's not that apparent, there's still shadows but they are less defined without SSAO.

SSAO is fucking terrible and the FPS hit is IMMENSE, no wonder they keep advocating for SLI.

How is SSAO terrible? I always turn it on. If it effects your performance so much, upgrade.

Deadbeat

Banned
G_Berry said:
Might as well just play Call of Duty then if people are going to die in 2-3 bullets with little recoil on guns. Theres nothing wrong with people taking many shots to kill if headshots have high multipliers.

G_Berry

Banned
LordCanti said:
You have earned:

EYESIGHT BLOCKING RIBBON
CONGRATULATIONS

That's got to change.

This was only a problem at shitty resolutions. Running in 1080p the ribbons that pop up aren't a problem.

Also, total fail if that server wasn't infantry only. Sure, I get the "let's use Op Metro for beta for consistency" but using a Rush, 32 player infantry-only map to demo Battlefield? LOL

mr_nothin

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Agreed. Bullet sponge enemies are never fun.

2-3 bullets to kill someone, please.
Oh hush that up. UC2 was tons better with more health. Dying in 1-2 bullets isnt fun and limits dynamics in gameplay. Especially when there's not much recoil involved.

IDK where this notion of...ummm...."bullet sponges" = not fun. I dont know how most of you survived last gen and the gen before that when 5-12 bullets were the norm. I say give me a chance to at least react/think if im being shot at.

Now with that said, I think BF3 has found the perfect balance (in regular mode) to appease both camps. It's not too much and not too little. It allows you to react and try to escape (or go prone) but also allows good players to drop you quickly if they get the drop on you. They dont need to change much when it comes to recoil/health. Only fine adjustments.

G_Berry said:
How is SSAO terrible? I always turn it on. If it effects your performance so much, upgrade.
But that's the thing though, Sethos has an awesome rig.

Top Bottom