• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

belvedere

Junior Butler
sk3tch said:
Maybe they wanted to release this to the public (i.e. available and in rotation) versus the passwords leaking out.

Sure, but this guy is such a fucking troll.

He just can't help himself.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Welp, seeing as the password wasn't supposed to have gone out, I can at least say I tried the map (Caspian). It was fun and the openness of it all was the reason. Definitely felt like Battlefield but with great visuals even in this beta state.

nitric0

ghst said:
is there a full screen tactical map? the ghetto little expanded gps thing in the corner really doesn't cut it on the bigger maps.
Yeah I was wondering that too. I never know where I'm respawning on the part of the map

3rd and final try Does the Pull Back attachment for bolt action sniper rifles not work or am I using them wrong? I am going to assume, since know one has answered my question, that we dont have any good recon snipers here lol. Best score so far is 15k 3d.

belvedere

Junior Butler
fifasnipe2224 said:
3rd and final try Does the Pull Back attachment for bolt action sniper rifles not work or am I using them wrong? I am going to assume, since know one has answered my question, that we dont have any good recon snipers here lol. Best score so far is 15k 3d.

Haven't used it, I personally have no idea.

jaaz

What happened, did they unlock Caspian Border? Apologies but I just logged on to here after a work day from hell and didn't see anything in the OP regarding Caspian Border.

"You were disconnected from the login server"

Has anyone solved this error? I get it on every server. I've reinstalled Origin, the web plugin, and BF3 beta.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Metro can be fun when you just hide and wait for them to cap and just murder everyone as they run to the next choke point.

Foliorum Viridum said:
It's just dick teasing and putting down the community when they show passion for a great map.

"OH YOU HORRIBLE GAMERS FOR ENJOYING SOMETHING WE MADE OVER OUR SHITTY MAP!"

If you never wanted it to be played by us, don't include it in the files and hide the servers. Lock it to certain accounts. ANYTHING but a password that will inevitably leak and spread.

There's no way to spin this to blame anyone but themselves.

Yeah, if anything, the unanimous "now THIS is a Battlefield map/so much better than Metro" response from the community should let them know they dun goofed.

jaaz said:
What happened, did they unlock Caspian Border? Apologies but I just logged on to here after a work day from hell and didn't see anything in the OP regarding Caspian Border.

Last night, someone over at Youtube leaked the password to EA servers where selected individuals were testing Caspian Border. All the 10 or so servers were bombarded. I'm not sure if the passwords have changed but a few people are reporting it to be the same while others are pointing at a newer password.

zh1nt0 hinted at an exciting news about Caspian Border last night and that he is going to see if he can set things up for general public. but after the leak, he posted his disappointment and most likely we might not see it being unlocked.

ickingfudiot said:
"You were disconnected from the login server"

Has anyone solved this error? I get it on every server. I've reinstalled Origin, the web plugin, and BF3 beta.

I get this as well, and judging by the forums it's pretty common. There's no fix (that I know of) but some servers seem to magically work. If you don't mind playing Op Metro, matchmaking always seems to work for me.

JoNike

Neo Member
Yeah, look like I'm redownloading the whole game for some reason. Update wasn't forced but if you select Battlefield 3 beta and select 'Find update' it starts downloading.

Xux

Mr. Snrub said:
More maps we aren't allowed to play, no doubt!

They're probably gonna let certain community and retail members play the game's largest map "Rhode Island" and if the password leaks they'll just cancel the PC beta for what the community did to them.

It's the same two maps, only they modified Caspian slightly so it'll be a different version than the one running on servers, just to make sure you won't be able to join. Take that community!

Confidence Man said:
It's the same two maps, only they modified Caspian slightly so it'll be a different version than the one running on servers, just to make sure you won't be able to join. Take that community!

This is exactly what went through my head when i read there was a new update.

LiquidMetal14

I hope they read this forum because having a 360 pad (via motionjoy) does not make the corresponding buttons on screen show. They need to fix that as I cannot play without a pad with now with the current room setup I have. It's playable and I can learn but it's a hell of a lot easier when the commands actually show the 360 buttons and not kbm.

LiquidMetal14

Confidence Man said:
And adding another 4GB of bandwidth waste. Like I said, if the patch is going to be the size of the entire original game download then it better do some major overhauling.

FGMPR said:
oh ffs. We have to download the entire game again?

How can they fuck this up? It's EA's client and EA's game.
Exactly. I mean not that other's don't do huge updates but the flagship launch title for the service should have manageable patches and not monster 4GB chunks of data redownloads.

Woorloog said:
That feature is in for 360? Don't tell me they've cut it.

Yes it's up or down on the d-pad I don't remember which, but I was definately firing my m-16 in single shot mode.

Edit* oops didn't see that it was already answered

it's baffling that someone could be upset that a password leaks for a beta for battlefield game that is rush only and the password unlocks conquest.

i mean, are they actually upset, shocked and surprised or is this all an act? i can't possibly imagine any scenario in which they did not see this coming.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
FGMPR said:
oh ffs. We have to download the entire game again?

How can they fuck this up? It's EA's client and EA's game.

I have no idea what's going on here, I haven't had to update the game once :eek:

desu

Confidence Man said:

I like!

My thought :D.

The Faceless Master said:
it's baffling that someone could be upset that a password leaks for a beta for battlefield game that is rush only and the password unlocks conquest.

i mean, are they actually upset, shocked and surprised or is this all an act? i can't possibly imagine any scenario in which they did not see this coming.

Yeah, why make it that way anyway? if they wanted Caspian to be so secret then they should have sent keys like the BETA keys with a license to play the map, so that the login servers have this info.

LiquidMetal14

Corky said:
I have no idea what's going on here, I haven't had to update the game once :eek:
I checked when that pic was posted a few posts up. It recognized it and is re-downloading 3.9GB again. I expected some smaller more manageable 300-600MB like patches or small ones to patch up glitches.

Top Bottom