• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Spl1nter

fifasnipe2224 said:
3rd and final try Does the Pull Back attachment for bolt action sniper rifles not work or am I using them wrong? I am going to assume, since know one has answered my question, that we dont have any good recon snipers here lol. Best score so far is 15k 3d.

Doesnt work at least according to the description provided

It's possible to change FOV btw (and everything else, if you can figure it out). "PROF_SAVE_body" is in C:\Users\your name\Documents\Battlefield 3 Open Beta\settings.

Open it with Notepad or Notepad++ and about 3 lines in you'll "70.0000". Change the 7 to 9 etc etc

HotHamWater said:
It's possible to change FOV btw (and everything else, if you can figure it out). "PROF_SAVE_body" is in C:\Users\your name\Documents\Battlefield 3 Open Beta\settings.

Open it with Notepad or Notepad++ and about 3 lines in you'll "70.0000". Change the 7 to 9 etc etc

Any site that gives a good listing of all the settings you can change in that file and what they do?

Sai-kun

Banned
Hyunkel6 said:
I haven't been following this thread lately. Is Caspian Border coming to consoles too?

Don't believe so. Us PC players aren't really even supposed to be playing Caspian. Thank god for leaking passwords though.

desu

Confidence Man said:
I hope the game isn't set up like BC2 was where you had to download multi-gig files just to apply small fixes.

I supppose the final game has a far better updater. I think the devs commented that they did it wrong with BC2 (I hope that means they learned from it).

The updater just isnt included right now and Origin has no partial updating integrated yet.

Enkidu

KareBear said:
I have the game installed now.Does anyone know how to access the developer console or display your fps?
Fraps should be able to display the FPS. Don't think there is any console available though.

belvedere

Junior Butler
So those who've played Caspian, I assume you weren't prompted to download any map files?

Wouldn't that mean the map is apart of the Beta download?

Heysoos

Ysiadmihi said:
Finally got my preorder canceled. I think this crap with Origin has turned me off of BF3 forever :|

Really it was Origin that did it for you? Not the sub par communication between DICE and the community and the constant cock teasing by the CM? lol

belvedere said:
So those who've played Caspian, I assume you weren't prompted to download any map files?

Wouldn't that mean the map is apart of the Beta download?

Yes, it's included in the client. In the files it's called "MP_007".

Mr. Snrub said:
Any site that gives a good listing of all the settings you can change in that file and what they do?

Afaik you can change everything that's changeable in-game. There's some other weird stuff as well, but I didn't mess with anything.

Sai-kun

Banned
Heysoos said:
Really it was Origin that did it for you? Not the sub par communication between DICE and the community and the constant cock teasing by the CM? lol

This pisses me off so much. God.

belvedere

Junior Butler
HotHamWater said:
Yes, it's included in the client. In the files it's called "MP_007".

They've got to make it publicly available then. I guess they could've just been lazy and only felt like packaging one client though.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Heysoos said:

I should have given some context I suppose, but my problems are all on EA.

Didn't receive an early access key, then couldn't log in to Battlelog once I had. I should have known this would be a clusterfuck when they gave me a Dead Space 2 key that was already in use.

Kyaw

Lazy Jones said:
How do you view the entire map like in BF2? The one you get by pressing M isn't really satisfactory for Caspian Border.

No other way atm. DICE needs to sort this out ASAP.

Ezduo

Banned
Man, this entire beta sounds like a clusterfuck. My fall break started today and I was hoping I'd get to spend the rest of the week playing this but it sounds like I'll probably end up playing Bad Company 2 just as much if not morose if I end up hating the rush map. I've played like, 30 minutes total of rush in Bad Company 2 compared to the 150 hours I've put into conquest.

Nabs

Just a reminder: If you need people to play with, there should always be a pack playing in the Mumble server.

Top Bottom