• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Soma

i'm so glad consoles will get a server brower so that we won't ever have to touch operation metro ever again let alone rush mode.

Bruiserk

Xux said:
Console beta players, is voice chat limited to squad or can you talk to your whole team?

When I played yesterday, there was no voice chat. In the last match I played, it started working and I heard some guy who I don't think was in my squad. This is the ps3 beta.

moonspeak said:
i'm so glad consoles will get a server brower so that we won't ever have to touch operation metro ever again let alone rush mode.

It will? When was that confirmed?

IMACOMPUTA

Bruiserk said:
When I played yesterday, there was no voice chat. In the last match I played, it started working and I heard some guy who I don't think was in my squad. This is the ps3 beta.

It will? When was that confirmed?

Someone at dice tweeted that there would be a console server browser.
:) major step in the right direction for consoles. Hopefully this becomes a trend.

Megasoum

Banned
I just did a game on Caspian! Woot!

It was laggy as hell (almost unplayable) but it was still a ton of fun! The map is amazing and hearing the jets and choppers flying over your head is crazy!

Harpua

Caspian is wonderful. Faith is restored...even though I enjoy Metro.

Thanks Kyaw for posting the password. Much appreciated.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Got into Caspian for 10 minutes, first 5 were nearly unplayable because of lag, but after that it was glorious.

Feels like next-gen BF2 and was fucking amazing. Ran great too.

Okay, my PC won't be fully ready to play the beta tomorrow. Hell, I might have to wait until Monday to play the beta on PC. I really don't want to resort to playing the 360 version of the beta, but I might have to

Norua

Banned
Appletini does not work for me :/
Also, when I type it in the bar, it changes the server i selected as if i wern't in the box and was typing on the server list.

Dan Yo

Banned
lazybones18 said:
Okay, my PC won't be fully ready to play the beta tomorrow. Hell, I might have to wait until Monday to play the beta on PC. I really don't want to resort to playing the 360 version of the beta, but I might have to
I don't know about the PC version, but the 360 version will make you want to cancel your pre-order. It is an absolute mess.

Mr.Green

So ATI officially released 11.9 drivers today...

Any word if these include the 11.10 preview drivers optimization for BF3?

Dan Yo said:
I don't know about the PC version, but the 360 version will make you want to cancel your pre-order. It is an absolute mess.

PC version won't let me bind my keys and mouse buttons properly so I didn't even bother playing.

I could probably fuck with mouse drivers to assign keys to buttons or something but there's no time in my life for that. I'm that cool!

Dan Yo said:

well I pre-ordered the PC version, but I would be inclined to agree with you anyway. The wait is gonna kill me

JackEtc said:
Quote for Caspian. Chrome Only. Stolen from Reddit.

As far as I can tell this just selects one of the Caspian servers that either doesn't have a password, or the javascript bypasses the password. Is that about the jist of it?

Edit: Nevermind, the javascript completely bypasses the need for a password on any server. That's pretty fucking neato.

M249 is so serverely underpowered.

9mm glock 17 kills with 2 rounds.
5.56 m4 same cal as the m249 kills in 2

Why does the m249 kill after 7 rounds, have crazy deviation and insane recoil when deployed on a bipod ? makes no sense.

darthbob

pillarofdawn said:
I know but I thought why the hell do i need it on 360 AND PC?

Especially when it releases tomorrow.

btw, I'm stopping by after work to check out Erik's rig. I wanna see if I want to 1up him with an extra GTX570. :D

Ghost23

So will Caspian Border be on the console beta? Also, if anyone else has an extra 360 code they don't want I would gladly use it.

Top Bottom