• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

woober

I am only praying that they announce Caspian Border for all when open beta is out. PLEASE. Trying to have 3 other friends join the same server when there are only 20 out there in the world is impossible.

Emily Chu

Banned
Thanks again Pillar !

XWey6.png

Headhunter

Neo Member
Mr.Green said:
So ATI officially released 11.9 drivers today...

Any word if these include the 11.10 preview drivers optimization for BF3?

PC version won't let me bind my keys and mouse buttons properly so I didn't even bother playing.

I could probably fuck with mouse drivers to assign keys to buttons or something but there's no time in my life for that. I'm that cool!

Nope 11.10 have some optimizations

"Both 11.9 and 11.10 will work with BF3, but 11.10 includes a couple extra optimizations (AA, and better CF scaling)" Twitter from @Catalystcreator

HotHamWater said:
As far as I can tell this just selects one of the Caspian servers that either doesn't have a password, or the javascript bypasses the password. Is that about the jist of it?

Edit: Nevermind, the javascript completely bypasses the need for a password on any server. That's pretty fucking neato.
Well that sounds nuts.
EA should probably look into that before the game is out.

That fucking feel when you pull off an awesome RPG shot at a full jeep absolutely miles away. Oh, Battlefield.

It was particularly sweet because the resulting XP money shot unlocked the stinger.

There seems to be more servers playing Caspian now then ever, some of them have names like "EA testing Multiplay", which suggests that third party servers are on the way.

@oddworld18, I've only had one audio issue on the PC. A server was in it's death throws and decided to loop the same 2 seconds of machine gun fire for all 64 players on there.

Vire

So it's been a while since I've paid a Battlefield game... why is there regenerating health?

This essentially nullifies what the Medic does.

DTKT

I still can't quite figure out why they don't let you create and manage squads. I mean, they did that in BC2, why take a step back?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DTKT said:
I still can't quite figure out why they don't let you create and manage squads. I mean, they did that in BC2, why take a step back?
It's a beta!!

Aka I'm gonna snap the meaningless disk from my retail copy if I can't in the full game.

Vire said:
So it's been a while since I've paid a Battlefield game... why is there regenerating health?

This essentially nullifies what the Medic does.
You don't regenerate health unless you're out of combat for a while and it regenerates very slowly at that point. Health packs increase the rate that you regenerate health at and also regenerates health during combat.

rabhw

While I'm loving playing Caspian, it's getting frustrating having it crash at the end of every round and I lose my stats :( Maybe that's why they aren't letting us play it officially!

rabhw said:
While I'm loving playing Caspian, it's getting frustrating having it crash at the end of every round and I lose my stats :( Maybe that's why they aren't letting us play it officially!

Well yeah, the bugginess is most likely the reason it's not in the beta.

Vire

CrookedRain said:
You don't regenerate health unless you're out of combat for a while and it regenerates very slowly at that point. Health packs increase the rate that you regenerate health at and also regenerates health during combat.
That's somewhat better than what I conceived it as, but I still don't like it. Reduces the importance of class based gameplay and essentially turns it into every other shooter in existence.

Makoto

Vire said:
That's somewhat better than what I conceived it as, but I still don't like it. Reduces the importance of class based gameplay and essentially turns it into every other shooter in existence.
Vehicles regenerate health as well.

legacyzero

Banned
rabhw said:
This would be the most logical.

It doesn't do it all the time though. I did earn my points at the end of the first round I played. but not for the subsequent rounds.

Paches

cdyhybrid said:
Oh lucky early beta entries, what do you think of the sniping? It just wasn't right in Black Ops and it was a huge turn off.

Hard to tell because of the limit of this single map. Only the first stage seems to be conducive to sniping, so I don't think there is really a firm grasp on what it is going to be like. In that one area though, snipers can put a definite lock down on area, it just takes patience to sneak around them/use shrubs.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I wish we knew when they were going to unlock the beta for everyone... I think it's kind of sucks not to know. :/

Ghost23

From the videos I have seen of the console beta, people have been joining games through matchmaking. I thought consoles were getting servers?

soultron

Banned
Paches-EJ- said:
Hard to tell because of the limit of this single map. Only the first stage seems to be conducive to sniping, so I don't think there is really a firm grasp on what it is going to be like. In that one area though, snipers can put a definite lock down on area, it just takes patience to sneak around them/use shrubs.
Bullet drop + sway this time, right? I remember reading about the anti-camping sight glare/reflections, but can't really remember the specific details of sniping.

Loved it in BC2 though.

bluestuff

so flash lights as well as people killing me by being glitched through the map are so dumb, I'm surprised they could release a public build of the game with them in it.

bluestuff said:
so flash lights as well as people killing me by being glitched through the map are so dumb, I'm surprised they could release a public build of the game with them in it.
BETA! Not Demo. Unfinished software. These things are expected.

DTKT

soultron said:
Bullet drop + sway this time, right? I remember reading about the anti-camping sight glare/reflections, but can't really remember the specific details of sniping.

Loved it in BC2 though.

Honestly, it's not like BC2 at all. Bullet travel is instant, there is no bullet drop. Metro is a small map but it's really different from BC2. I don't like at all.

Top Bottom