• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

How exactly do the Recon radio spawns work? When I left click after having it equip there's no real indication of it doing anything...

And is anyone else having issues binding keys? Key bindings have no response to any of my key presses except for escape... and also I have no idea how to download this update people keep talking about. There are no prompts at all.

n0n44m

MisterAnderson said:
How exactly do the Recon radio spawns work? When I left click after having it equip there's no real indication of it doing anything...

And is anyone else having issues binding keys? Key bindings have no response to any of my key presses except for escape... and also I have no idea how to download this update people keep talking about. There are no prompts at all.

when you die you can respawn on them and yes binding is/was bugged for me as well but it sorta worked this afternoon

Zimbardo

Corky said:
yeapp, jittering and falling through the god damn world all the bloody time. Sigh.

was just playing some Metro and its a fuckin mess. stuttering/lagging all over the place. just fuckin terrible.

only a month away from release? man, i sure hope they iron that shit out in time because there's a lot to iron.

Kyaw

From the impression from you guys, Caspian Border is performing much better compared to Op.Metro.

Caspian was actually pretty damn laggy earlier today.

mr_nothin

Banned
Zimbardo said:
was just playing some Metro and its a fuckin mess. stuttering/lagging all over the place. just fuckin terrible.

only a month away from release? man, i sure hope they iron that shit out in time because there's a lot to iron.
Same
It wasnt like this just yesterday. Something happened between yesterday and today.

Hell, this beta is more of a beta than the alpha.

Jburton

Banned
Zimbardo said:

I think DICE stated a while ago that they had a day one patch ready to go and that this 'beta' amounted to a stress test for the servers.

Megasoum

Banned
How do you guys get in server queues? I try to join the caspian servers and I get a "Server is full" error but I don't see any options to enter a queue.

jet1911

Megasoum said:
How do you guys get in server queues? I try to join the caspian servers and I get a "Server is full" error but I don't see any options to enter a queue.

Not every servers have this option

Demon Ice

Banned
Yeah it's not appletini.

And add me to the list of people suffering from falling through the map / jittering / crashing on Op. Metro.

gibon3z said:
How awesome would it be if they decided to delete metro from the retail disk and replace it with another awesome wide open map instead :)
Why does it have to be deleted?

Wouldnt it be better to ask for another map?

The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean that others do.

Demon Ice

Banned
Bungieware said:
Can Metro not be played conquest in the retail version?

I fully expect to see server titles like "All maps EXCEPT Metro!!" in the retail version. Everyone is gonna be tired of Metro after the open beta.

I got into Caspian. The difference between it and Metro is night and day. It's exactly what I expect, aside from a few flickering and animation issues.

In short, it's great. I was feeling a little iffy on this title after Metro, but Caspian is amazing. I think Rush mode was only included to make COD heads happy.

Also, I was complaining about the damage rate before. For some reason, it feels right in Conquest. Rush mode feels like a meat grinder compared to this.

MNC

MNC said:
NO NO NO NO NO

AS SOON AS I TRY TO JOIN A SERVER BF3 STARTS THEN CLOSES

THIS IS *NOT* HOW I WANT TO SPEND MY WEDNESDAY NIGHT

Help me GAF! I tried rebooting Origin and my laptop.
I must play GAF. What did I do wrong? It all started to go downhill after the update... Reinstalled the game, rebooted, whatever. Nothing helps. :(

Kyaw

MNC said:
I must play GAF. What did I do wrong? It all started to go downhill after the update... Reinstalled the game, rebooted, whatever. Nothing helps. :(

Go to C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc

Open 'hosts' with notepad.

Delete everything after

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

MNC

Kyaw said:

Delete everything after

# 127.0.0.1 localhost
omg that worked!!

Menelaus

Banned
Kyaw said:

Delete everything after

# 127.0.0.1 localhost
To be fair, reinstalling the OS would have worked =)

REV 09

Really hope Caspian isn't optimized because it kicks the shit out of my pc.

i5 760 oc to 4ghz
GTX 460 1gb oc
1440x900

I was able to play Metro on ultra, but Caspian on medium has my framerate in single digits at times...it's unplayable.

MNC

It didn't actually work; I thought you were just fucking with my mind since I've messed with hostfiles before. There's nothing to remove under there. :/

Top Bottom