• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Community: Europe

taranatar

Welcome to the Europe Battlefield 3 Server

Server Details
Name: NeoGAF Europe Community Server
Slots: 64
Games: Conquest -for time being-
BattleLog Server Link: NeoGAF Europe Server

Mumble Voice Server Details
Server IP: 85.236.101.45
Server Port: 15687
Client:http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php
Set Up Guide:http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/help/mumble-guide/
Direct Mumble Link: Direct Connect

Please try and use the mumble server, will be fantastic if we get a good number of us all chatting and trashing on there!.
There's a channel within the server for USA and Russia :)

Donations
Donations are appreciated to keep the server running, people who donate will also get server priority once its all figured out. Thanks to all who have donated so far!

Note: Donations are in GBP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We usually try and get the server populated in the afternoons and it stays busy till the early hours of the morning. (BST)

Please edit your GAF tags in your profile so we know who's who easier. Also if you want to post your GAF name and Battlelog name I'll try and make a list.

---- MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN ----

Donated 20£. Won't be able to play much before next week myself. I might be interested in helping out admining, depending on what the server is like.

taranatar

Fantastic, hopefully we can get this server populated when everyone finishes work tonight.

I'm looking forward to a mammoth session tonight!!

taranatar

Monthly cost 64 players unbranded is about £50quid.

Donations really will help, big thanks to you who have donated already. Of course you will get server priority.

I'll see how it goes tonight with players and I'll change to 64 if needed. Only takes 10mins.

taranatar

Just had an email from Multiplay.

Battlefield 3 - Servers Updating to build R5
Posted by on 27 October 2011 09:35 AM

After performing some initial tests on the new R5 build we have decided to update all servers so they pickup the crash fixes.

In addition to this we will be disabling PunkBuster by default as its currently causing lots of players to be kicked due to old PB version. We will be creating a addon which you can add to your profile if you want to re-enable PB on your server.

Please be aware that all servers will restart when this update is rolled out shortly.

Lets see how it goes tonight with PB enabled if its still fubar I'll turn it off.

kch

Sweets. Donated 20 quid. Cya lot on there tonight! Would be cool to have a mumble server as well, but one thing at a time :)

taranatar

kch said:
Sweets. Donated 20 quid. Cya lot on there tonight! Would be cool to have a mumble server as well, but one thing at a time :)

I did get a mumble server with the game server I'll look into sorting it now!
also It would be handy if a couple of you would help admin the server.

cheers for the donation. I've already requested the slots be increased.

Yes! Cheers for setting up a Euro server taranatar. London as well! Bare low ping on dis ting fam.
sorry

Will definitely donate when I get my money for November. See you guys around 6pm!

taranatar

Theres still a PB update issue with it kicking players off of servers after 3mins.

If you download this PB update file, run it and then update the PB files of BF3. Everything seems to be working again.

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battlefield 3 - Punkbuster Update Steps
Oct 27 2011 10:50:16 by Killing

If you are still having problems with Punkbuster kicks when PB is active on your servers, DICE have suggested trying the following:

Please update punkbuster manually via this link http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf3.php and these steps explained below.

To Manually update your local PunkBuster Security Files, choose "Save As" from your Web Browser's "File" Menu and explore to find your game folder and the subfolder called "pb".

Save this file in that location ([game path]/pb/pbsec.htm or [game path]/pb/pbsecsv.htm). The next time you start your game, your PunkBuster will have the latest security information necessary to accept auto-updates from PB Servers.

Arcipello

brilliant stuff mate, i live in cambridge so lag should be a thing of the past with this server:) ill donate soon :) i suggest we do conquest on the following ...

Firestorm
Caspian
Kharg
Canals

please for the love of god no Metro!

JohnJJ

Neo Member
Good stuff. I'll stick a few bob in.

So what are we thinking for game types/map rotation? Sticking to Rush and conq? Mixing in some TDM?

taranatar

Heh, well its being moved to a new box and upgraded for 64 players. But we can then set it ourselves to whatever we want :)

Dont forget to Donate people!

I'll join you guys tonight for a few rounds, and should be up for donating too. £50 a month is a hassle for you alone to foot the bill.

12 - 20 ms ping! That'll do pigley, that'll do

tumblr_lia75jJA1V1qi7deco1_500.gif

alba

Little is the new Big
Awesome games! I need to run for a little while but I'll be back later tonight for some more :)

Zeppelin

TheNamelessOne said:
Also - Taiga?

For sure bro! :)

Server is running really well. Only map I noticed lag on was Tehran Highway, but that seem to be a problem for a lot of people anyway.

Battlefrog Solider: zulustar

Feel free to add me on Battlelog, my ID is Teowind.

Zeppelin said:
For sure bro! :)

Server is running really well. Only map I noticed lag on was Tehran Highway, but that seem to be a problem for a lot of people anyway.

Battlefrog Solider: zulustar
I believe DICE acknowledged that there was some problems with that particular map.

Top Bottom