• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Community: Europe

ksimm

.nimrod said:
That was me :)

I'm having lots of fun with the choppers lately, it just feels so good racing them around destroying tanks. But i wish the Havoc was as agile as the Viper and AA tanks couldn't lock onto me from across the map.

And i hope you used the cockpit view for some of those rollercoaster rides through the forest :D

You're one crazy pilot! In a good way lol, I felt like we were going to eat the ground / buildings multiple times. I did find it hard as your gunner though, probably because I was in a state of shock. :p

.nimrod

ksimm said:
You're one crazy pilot! In a good way lol, I felt like we were going to eat the ground / buildings multiple times. I did find it hard as your gunner though, probably because I was in a state of shock. :p
Haha, i had to escape way too many lock-ons in that match ;)
I could've made it a lot easier for you if it were only 32 players

It's good to know there are some good pilots using the server. There's nothing more frustrating than people using them for the sake of it and bailing out in the sky above a flag, or swooping in low and bailing out at a weird angle. I understand at the beginning of the round, but halfway through when their are flags in play? Inexcusable :D

Yeah, nimrod is a beast. Had a great time raining down terror with him on the first day of the euro server. I bet with some good communication and a good pilot you can really complement eacht other's vehicle perks. Synchronising flare deployment could be a killer combination.

I myself can fly a chopper just fine but consistently hugging the ground is still hard. I do laugh when I see Mk4 type oh shit. Then you know his time has come:p

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
.nimrod said:
That was me :)

I'm having lots of fun with the choppers lately, it just feels so good racing them around destroying tanks. But i wish the Havoc was as agile as the Viper and AA tanks couldn't lock onto me from across the map.

And i hope you used the cockpit view for some of those rollercoaster rides through the forest :D

That was awesome haha, and you bet your ass I was in the cockpit view the whole time. I still don't get how we didn't crash during any moment of that ride! ^^

I'm telling you mate, you gotta let me fraps it sometime soon, we could somehow plan the ride/join a squad or w/e and then I'll share the beauty of BF3 to the rest of heathen-GAF one chopper ride at a time.

Corky said:
That was awesome haha, and you bet your ass I was in the cockpit view the whole time. I still don't get how we didn't crash during any moment of that ride! ^^

I'm telling you mate, you gotta let me fraps it sometime soon, we could somehow plan the ride/join a squad or w/e and then I'll share the beauty of BF3 to the rest of heathen-GAF one chopper ride at a time.

Get on steam.

Corky said:

Don't worry I will fraps it, when I shoot you down from the ground.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
WoodenLung said:
Don't worry I will fraps it, when I shoot you down from the ground.

iQ6ou02shkXUZ.gif

It's on.

Demavand Peak CQ is the worst shit ever.

At least Metro is crazy with all the rockets and madness going on, DP is just terribad. At least is a pretty cool rush map.

BTW, my in game name is adhiza.

Oh, nice games earlier!.

I find Damavand Peak a lot more enjoyable than metro. Metro is just stupid. Damavand you at least have a couple of ways around, a chopper to just fly over and some outside areas that can get attacked.

Metro is the worst shit in BF3, I actually quit the server when that comes up, fuck it.

Taranatar, please remove sucky maps metro and tehran. Okay, tehran isn't sucky but it is with 64 players.

A 3 map rotation would be just fine. And you know which.

Zeppelin

Relaxed Muscle said:
Metro CQ is not as bad as Demavand: neither chopper or tanks can fix that mess of a map.

Oh, come on, Damavand ain't even close to being Metro levels of bad. Metro is basically a rush to the first flags and then a clusterfuck of 'nades and RPGs by the escalators and stairs for the rest of the game (which I personally think is fun, once in a while). If you spawn below you've lost the game before it has even started. On Damavand the bases get traded quite frequently. Sure, it's not a great conquest map but you've at least got some options.

PjotrStroganov said:
Taranatar, please remove sucky maps metro and tehran. Okay, tehran isn't sucky but it is with 64 players.

A 3 map rotation would be just fine. And you know which.

Tehran is only sucky because of the lag issues.

Kyaw

By removing the tank on Damavend Peak and putting two more Scout or transport choppers will probably fix the map.

And add two more tunnels.

ksimm

Yeh GG's today. I got a little brain fade towards the end and just flew the little bird through the tunnels in Damavand a few times just to amuse myself. :p

I absolutely adore my F2000, such a great gun. <3

ksimm said:
Yeh GG's today. I got a little brain fade towards the end and just flew the little bird through the tunnels in Damavand a few times just to amuse myself. :p

I absolutely adore my F2000, such a great gun. <3

That's a late unlock. You must be a high level player. At this rate it'll be weeks before I unlock it.

Has taking metro off been considered? It's... Really bad.

giant_frying_pan said:
Trying to get better on pub servers so I don't completely embarrass myself!

Don't worry about that.
you will be embarrassed anyway

Zeppelin

taranatar said:
I'll take Metro off if that's what everyone wants. I do know some people don't mind it though!

Yeah, I don't mind it. But if it makes people to drop out I don't think it's worth it keeping it. Much more important to make sure the server is filled up.

I don't really mind Metro CQ, it adds a little variety. If people disconnect due to it then lets remove it, but I don't think that's the case.

Wally79

Neo Member
.nimrod said:
I'm having lots of fun with the choppers lately, it just feels so good racing them around destroying tanks.
I feel the same way about the mobile AA tank, it is a mean chopper killing machine :D

Battlelog name: BadByte_007

.nimrod

Wally79 said:
I feel the same way about the mobile AA tank, it is a mean chopper killing machine :D

Battlelog name: BadByte_007
Yeah, i hope it gets nerfed ASAP. I hopped in one on my second game today and went 20:3 just sitting on a hill, it's ridiculous. You can easily drop aircraft, infantry and even tanks.

I tried to take one out on my own as an engineer and fired 10 rockets with the SMAW into an enemy AA tank as fast as i could but the other guy could always repair it completely while i was reloading -.-

Top Bottom