• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

It was actually 34.98! I guess they didn't update the clearance sticker. I got the FINAL copy. I guess I lucked out because when I checked the day before one of the copies looked like it had been smashed, I guess someone bought them or were pulled.

Awesome.

Congratulations my friend!

Always good to see new gaffers joining the fun! ;-)

I had fun playing with kuri and olimpia tonight. Kuri, keep it dude because your getting better everytime I play with you.

Thanks man, although I felt a little off tonight. Just need to stay outta the driver's seat when it comes to tanks…I have such a hard time seeing where I'm going in those things, dunno how I managed to get it stuck in that ditch! ^^; Think I'll stick to my role as gunner/mechanic!

Dakar

Banned
Had the strangest game last night, yet it left me with the awesomest feeling.

Operation Firestorm, capturing A when I realize like half the team is on foot with me. Upon capture it looks like pretty much everyone sprints to B on foot. I've never seen anything like it on that map.

Meanwhile, the other team dominated the air. Their reward was losing by 150 tickets.

RiverBed

Banned
Is there a way to lock a map/maps on PS3? I only want vehicles and I it is not fun quitting and searching for a new game every couple of rounds...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Blog post about HD Destruction
Since theres no vehicles theyre using those resources to put more detailed destruction.

The closest you come to this type of tight combat scenario in Battlefield 3 is on Operation Métro. We know this is one of our most popular maps, which tells us that our gameplay has what it takes to perform in such unique and frantic conditions.
Cry moar TheSeks!

Gazzawa

Had the strangest game last night, yet it left me with the awesomest feeling.

Operation Firestorm, capturing A when I realize like half the team is on foot with me. Upon capture it looks like pretty much everyone sprints to B on foot. I've never seen anything like it on that map.

Meanwhile, the other team dominated the air. Their reward was losing by 150 tickets.

Lol nice!
Aerial Domination is useless on that map. Too many places to hide.

Dakar

Banned
Lol nice!
Yeah, it really warmed the cockles of my heart to see people with the boots on the ground actually moving on the map. Seems like all I ever see people on foot they're camping roofs or B or C. Then when I die I'll find at least a tank or two free at spawn.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Operation Métro is one of the most popular maps? That map sucks balls for Conquest.

And Rush.

Deathmatch it isn't that bad. Same for Squad Rush.

Only reason it's popular is because of choke points and frag/frag round/RPG spam.

eek5

Operation Métro is one of the most popular maps? That map sucks balls for Conquest.

DICE is so out of touch. I bet they just looked at hours played statistics and figured because everyone uses that map to grind on that it is everyone' favorite map or some shit.

JJD

Lol nice!

It's not useless, you just can't rely solely on it to win the game, you still need ground troops.

I played a Firestorm game awhile ago were it was almost useless to hop into tanks or any other vehicles as the enemy attack chopper pilot was really amazing, and they had a good jet pilot too. Their team was smart enough to just leave the transport chopper on ground and cap flags on their vehicles, while we couldn't get a single tank near a flag. Needless to say we lost bad.

I like all the infantry maps on Conquest. Can't say the same thing about their Rush variants unfortunately. It's a nice change of pace.

Dakar

Banned
I played a Firestorm game awhile ago were it was almost useless to hop into tanks or any other vehicles as the enemy attack chopper pilot was really amazing, and they had a good jet pilot too.
There's certainly an exception to be made for those heli savants, but otherwise it's just a dick-measuring contest in the sky.

I don't think there's another map where I see more people just camping spawn waiting for the Viper (Sometimes up to 3! people). Maybe Canals, but at least there's two Little Birds there.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My favorite map: Sienne Crossing. SO AWESOME
Havent played much Rush yet. :0

Majanew

Banned
If I'm playing Conquest and Operation Metro pops up next, I usually quit out. The times I don't is when I spawn on the side that's outside. My team almost always gets raped when I'm on the side that spawns inside. No way to flank around on that map unless you get lucky to run by people. Just go straight down the tunnel to your death. Damavand Peak sucks too. Hell, almost all the default maps suck.

I get on a B2K server and don't look back. Sucks, because I like playing on Caspian Border, Kharg Island and Operation Firestorm... but I can't stand the other maps. Only play Conquest btw.

olimpia84

It's the most fun map in Conquest mode and the only one where I can play in 'stealth' mode. Absolutely love playing as Recon and breaking through the choking points in B to get to the flag closest to the enemy base and set up a spawn beacon. It's one of the few maps that forces you to think of different tactical approaches depending on the situation and how the enemy is standing. Unfortunately, it has a big flaw that I'm hoping DICE will fix someday (doubt it though) where the RU side has the advantage because they spawn way closer to the B flag. If you are up against a good RU team you are pretty much screwed because they take B fist every time and on top of that it gives them time to set up traps and close in all the chokepoints immediately.

TheSeks

You have a weird definition of fun, man.

Metro wouldn't be a bad map, with the exception of explosives and a lack of a flank route for the stairs on Rush AND Conquest, respectively. But unfortunately, that's how the rounds devolve into instead of tight teamwork to get the defense to get back while you push forward. :/

Dakar

Banned
I have to wonder how many former Call of Duty players or people who don't have acrimony towards the gameplay of the series are in this "Metro is fun" category.

Because honestly, after playing the claustrophobic shitfest maps of Black Ops and MW3, Metro makes me feel like a guy that moved from economy to a business class airline seat.

TheSeks

I have to wonder how many former Call of Duty players or people who don't have acrimony towards the gameplay of the series are in this "Metro is fun" category.

Because honestly, after playing the claustrophobic shitfest maps of Black Ops and MW3, Metro makes me feel like a guy that moved from economy to a business class airline seat.

Metro is more open than CoD8's maps, yes, but it still has MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY choke points, the infamous stairs being one.

Of which those choke points devolve into frag spam. That's it. Explosives win on the map. If the explosives weren't there people would have to defend the choke points with better aim and people could attempt to punch through MUCH easier than it is right now with explosions going off every two seconds.

Dakar

Banned
Speaking of explosive spam, I finally got around to watching that vid preview for the June DLC. I realize it's a promo but they made it look like a hell worse than the "intolerable" explosive spam of MW2.

eek5

Speaking of explosive spam, I finally got around to watching that vid preview for the June DLC. I realize it's a promo but they made it look like a hell worse than the "intolerable" explosive spam of MW2.

Well that one preview article or whatever did say that lives were generally ~30s long... it's probably as intolerable as it looks in the video lol

It's the most fun map in Conquest mode and the only one where I can play in 'stealth' mode. Absolutely love playing as Recon and breaking through the choking points in B to get to the flag closest to the enemy base and set up a spawn beacon. It's one of the few maps that forces you to think of different tactical approaches depending on the situation and how the enemy is standing. Unfortunately, it has a big flaw that I'm hoping DICE will fix someday (doubt it though) where the RU side has the advantage because they spawn way closer to the B flag. If you are up against a good RU team you are pretty much screwed because they take B fist every time and on top of that it gives them time to set up traps and close in all the chokepoints immediately.

well, the Russian team gets there first, but the US team has more options to get by.

Skeyser

Huh? I forget: Which side spawns outside? RU? Then they have the advantage in spades because they don't have to climb chokepoint stairs.

RU starts outside, yes. The US doesn't have to go by the stairs though, there's a ramp that leads to the flag on the left side.

eek5

The only thing RU has to look for is people running up the 2nd set of escalators and bypassing B completely. Both the side hard stairs and 1st set of escalators are a huge choke. RU has a big advantage despite multiple paths upstairs though imo

OP Metro would be so much better if there where sewers that players could access. I know a sewer would be a serious choke point but that would at least give more options for all players. OP Metro has the potential to be a classic but it falls too short.

eek5

OP Metro would be so much better if there where sewers that players could access. I know a sewer would be a serious choke point but that would at least give more options for all players. OP Metro has the potential to be a classic but it falls too short.

I always wished the subway area had an above ground section you could cross but sewers could be good too. Maybe it would open up too many flanking paths but it'd be flanking paths that both sides could use.

TheSeks

Fersis: If you say tonight, I figured you'd mean... oh... now?

I always wished the subway area had an above ground section you could cross but sewers could be good too. Maybe it would open up too many flanking paths but it'd be flanking paths that both sides could use.

That would be awesome as well. It would be cool if Metro conquest had 5 flags, 2 of the flags could be outside in the park area.

Dabanton

Getting tired of people on my team hiding on roofs not doing shit to protect flags when were defending . Or the flip side not capping them when were the attackers.

They don't even have the manners to spot. Instead they think their 'elite' snipers despite always being in the bottom 4.

olimpia84

You have a weird definition of fun, man.

Metro wouldn't be a bad map, with the exception of explosives and a lack of a flank route for the stairs on Rush AND Conquest, respectively. But unfortunately, that's how the rounds devolve into instead of tight teamwork to get the defense to get back while you push forward. :/

Metro Rush is intolerable because of the nature of the game mode. In Conquest is also pretty frustrating but you have a little bit more freedom to sneak by and get creative. Smoke rounds work wonders to break through the B flag area.

well, the Russian team gets there first, but the US team has more options to get by.

How so? I think it's easier to sneak by if you're on the RU team. The fact that you get there first helps tremendously and you have the advantage of being up higher and looking down the escalators. Also, once you make it downstairs you get easily go prone and go undetected on the right side of the train tracks (love doing that to sneak by!)
The only advantage that I see the US have is that once they get A is much harder for the RU to get it back because of the buildings around the area where you can hide and defend in any floor.

RU starts outside, yes. The US doesn't have to go by the stairs though, there's a ramp that leads to the flag on the left side.

I need to know this, I watched the video but did not see any ramps.

JJD

I think he is talking about this ramp here (red arrows). Only ramp in the map that leads to a flag as far as I know.

n597zl.jpg

Do you guys see the place market by the blue circle? Where is that? It seems there is an entrance to it, but I've never seem anything like that in the actual game.

TheSeks

Yeah, fuck that shit. Sorry Fersis but suddenly the game started to lag. We would've had them at the first set if my goddamn lock on didn't take FOR FUCKING EVER to lock on to let me disable (and then they abuse the repair) because goddamn lag is making it take forever to lock on.

olimpia84

Clearing servers again lol
That Op Metro was fun and challenging. Once we pushed them back to C it was back to cruise control.

I can't make anything out of that Metro map JJD. Is that the locker room where the arrows are?

TheSeks

It's over near the ticket house. Which means it would be under in the tunnels but that makes no sense since there is no tunnel going there in Conquest OR Rush.

TheSeks

lol @ the Bazaar games, 11 mortar kills on defense, 7 on attack

I got like five on Karkand. Best part? MVP for Mortar start (taking out a tank by leading my shot) and then switching to Type-88 (which sucks, only getting unlocks for it), and other guns in a cavalcade round along with the tank.

I'm surprised we held them off at B (or was it A?) because they took one and I designated B since I figured that'd be a bit harder to take with it being covered by three walls that can't be blown and just held it down.

JJD

Clearing servers again lol
That Op Metro was fun and challenging. Once we pushed them back to C it was back to cruise control.

I can't make anything out of that Metro map JJD. Is that the locker room where the arrows are?

I don't think so. The locker room should be between A and B right? Not on the left side of the map (if you spawn as the russians). I think Dice removed that room from the map, I tried to look for it today but it's just not there and you can clearly see an entrance to it in this map (taken from the official game guide). Maybe they thought it wasn't such a good idea placing an M-com in such a small room, with only one way in! Lol!

That ramp with the arrows is the one on the left side of the first set of escalators right in front of B (again if you spawn as the russians).

Hopefully this is a little better!

Also, are you a fan of the soccer team from Paraguay called Olimpia? They had an amazing game against one of the bigger brazilian teams this week. They were losing 3x0, but managed to score 3 goals on the last 15 minutes of the game...I still don't know what happened there! Lol!

OpIxx.jpg

Great games today guys! Especially Kuri, thn and Boa! I might be mistaken but I believe we got the ace squad pin in every single game tonight!

In some matches the other team really made an effort to make things difficult but in the end we still cleared the server! That Damavand game was really awesome with everyone working together.

Battlefield moment of the day was thn barely evading a jeep full of C4 while driving the LAV on Canals! You backed up in the last moment as the jeep passed and exploded in front of you! That was awesome!

JJD

The weekly pool on battlelog is asking what players are most excited about.

With 118017 votes so far this are the results:

1- Next Patch - 44%
2- Close Quarters Map Pack and Armored Kill Map Pack - Tied with 21%
3- End Game Map Pack - 9%
4- Rent a Server for Consoles - 5%

I guess people really like CQC and infantry maps on BF3, maybe OP. Metro really is popular with a lot of players after all (I like it)!

tn2007

The weekly pool on battlelog is asking what players are most excited about.

With 118017 votes so far this are the results:

1- Next Patch - 44%
2- Close Quarters Map Pack and Armored Kill Map Pack - Tied with 21%
3- End Game Map Pack - 9%
4- Rent a Server for Consoles - 5%

I guess people really like CQC and infantry maps on BF3, maybe OP. Metro really is popular with a lot of players after all (I like it)!

Good games with a ton of gaffers tonight. We all work well together and cleared the server. JJD and boatack were beasts.

I like op metro as well and I'm definately getting the new CQC map pac. It's a nice change of pace from all the heavy vehicle maps.

Good games with a ton of gaffers tonight. We all work well together and cleared the server. JJD and boatack were beasts.

Yeah good games tonight, although my kills were pathetic, was too busy fixin everything!
Have no idea how I'm ever gonna stumble upon a nemesis ribbon, it's the last one I need! I could go play SQDM, but…meh. I supposed I could learn to actually fly the chopper

TheSeks

Just do Rush an--Oh, who the fuck am I kidding, people want to play Babby's first mode over Glorious Masterrace mode.

Top Bottom