• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's a poop map designed to be a meatgrinder.

Not really designed for that, but that's what it has devolved into, yes.

If there wasn't RPG or frag grenade or frag round spam it would be a tight teamwork map.

Jburton

Banned
Not really designed for that, but that's what it has devolved into, yes.

If there wasn't RPG or frag grenade or frag round spam it would be a tight teamwork map.

Exactly. with a properly co-ordinated team you can overcome the choke points, no problem.

olimpia84

Yeah good games tonight, although my kills were pathetic, was too busy fixin everything!
Have no idea how I'm ever gonna stumble upon a nemesis ribbon, it's the last one I need! I could go play SQDM, but…meh. I supposed I could learn to actually fly the chopper

Get good with tanks and you should get it with relatively ease in Seine Crossing (as long as you keep your tank moving)

JJD

Bad news. Seems that Close Quarters pack has no Rush mode.

The "new" game mode is being called Conquest Domination, and the difference is that "flag defense is more important!" LOL!

I don't really know how Dice plays the game (like gentleman?), but flag defense has always been important to me. I'm always looking at the map for signs of flags being captured by the enemy, and I always spawn at a blinking flag when I die. What a load of crap.

So we're possible looking at only 3 game modes in this pack. Conquest, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.

I can't see how this isn't a step backwards for the series. Conquest is my preferred mode on BF3, but I still enjoy Rush. If they are removing it from this pack, they should at least offer something new, and Conquest Domination by the way they describe it isn't something new.

I'm really disappointed. I'll still get the pack, but all this shit, the reduced player count (meaning that the maps are really, really small) and the fact that the pack probably isn't on regular rotation has killed any hype I had for it.

TheSeks

lolololololololololololololololololololo...lolololololololol...olololololol. No Rush mode? Thanks for saving me some cash, DI--

*sees SPAS-12*

--Goddamn it. I guess I'll suffer through it on TDM and then forget the pack ever existed.

JJD

lolololololololololololololololololololo...lolololololololol...olololololol. No Rush mode? Thanks for saving me some cash, DI--

*sees SPAS-12*

--Goddamn it. I guess I'll suffer through it on TDM and then forget the pack ever existed.

Really? For just one gun? It's not worth it man, considering how you fell about Conquest and TDM...

TheSeks

Really? For just one gun? It's not worth it man, considering how you fell about Conquest and TDM...

TDM wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the shitty spawns that put you in front or behind an enemy 9/10 of the time.

Conquest wouldn't be bad if it was 5 flags, but it isn't so it sucks.

Simple, really.

And yes, for one gun. Maybe the others but the SPAS-12 would be nice to have. As would the GOL Sniper Magnum but that isn't coming in this pack. I want my old BC2 guns. :(

spidye

*sees SPAS-12*

you are part of the problem!!!!!

:p

Dabanton

its also supid as fck annuncing this at minimum 10 weeks to go till release.

DICE/EA are getting to be the masters of dumb fuckery. I mean what was the point of also announcing the other two maps packs which are even further away.

I despair at these clowns.

TheSeks

I played Metro Conquest just to see if it was different: Nope. No ramp. There's no way to get over there. Your out of bounds dies nearly two feet from there. Don't spout shit about "flanking through a ramp" if there isn't a fucking ramp. :|

Ergo, map continues to suck until explosives are nerfed into the ground.

What am I missing here? What's wrong with announcing DLC in advance?

Game has been broke for MONTHS needs to be fixed. But LOLOLOL MAKE COD MAPS. SMH.

Kak.efes

I haven't played in ages, and to entice me back they plan on releasing a CQC map pack? Does DICE not know why people purchase battlefield?

DICE/EA are getting to be the masters of dumb fuckery. I mean what was the point of also announcing the other two maps packs which are even further away.

I despair at these clowns.

if you were announcing a CLOSE QUARTERS map pack for BATTLEFIELD 3, would you not also want to say "HEY GUYS, WE HAVE BIG MAPS COMING TOO!!!" instead of watching the fallout from ONLY announcing CQ?

I played Metro Conquest just to see if it was different: Nope. No ramp. There's no way to get over there. Your out of bounds dies nearly two feet from there. Don't spout shit about "flanking through a ramp" if there isn't a fucking ramp. :|

Ergo, map continues to suck until explosives are nerfed into the ground.

i'm also waiting on the 5th set of M-COM stations on Damavand Peak.

0KDWA.jpg

Dr Prob

Banned
I haven't played in ages, and to entice me back they plan on releasing a CQC map pack? Does DICE not know why people purchase battlefield?

I think they know why people did and do, now it's about trying to build buzz and attract people who traditionally haven't. Doing it through DLC seems odd now, but there has to eventually be an ULTIMATE EDITION with all this stuff included and it will be like a big fucking deal.

And it may actually turn out to be fun.

Also, maybe Skeyser meant, like... escalators=stairs/stairs=ramp?

It would be cool if all of a sudden a secret ramp were discovered and it turns out we've all been playing the map like stupid assholes this whole time.

Dabanton

if you were announcing a CLOSE QUARTERS map pack for BATTLEFIELD 3, would you not also want to say "HEY GUYS, WE HAVE BIG MAPS COMING TOO!!!" instead of watching the fallout from ONLY announcing CQ?

Yeah the big maps are coming...in the fall.

So they'll be facing off against Blops 2 and MOH2,Halo 4 and god knows what else. I would love to know the gonks who thought it was a good idea to not mix up the packs with something for every type of player.

I would have less complaints if it was done this way.

TheSeks

And it may actually turn out to be fun.

Dude, what is the number of your cocaine provider because that's some seriously good shit you're having if you think CQC maps with the current playstyle is good.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah the big maps are coming...in the fall.

So they'll be facing off against Blops 2 and MOH2,Halo 4 and god knows what else. I would love to know the gonks who thought it was a good idea to not mix up the packs with something for every type of player.

I would have less complaints if it was done this way.

I'd rather not buy a pack in which I don't want half the maps. It would even better if they didn't bother making CQC maps at all, but everything is better than them mixing up shitty CoD maps with BF maps.

Dr Prob

Banned
Dude, what is the number of your cocaine provider because that's some seriously good shit you're having if you think CQC maps with the current playstyle is good.

Not getting you coke. You seem high-strung enough as it is :D

I'm just saying that as annoying as it sounds now and may very well prove to be, we haven't played it yet.

TheSeks

I'm just saying that as annoying as it sounds now and may very well prove to be, we haven't played it yet.

And yet, with no patch to say most of us are fearing the worst for good reason: All you need to see is Metro on any mode for what CQC map pack will bring.

tn2007

And yet, with no patch to say most of us are fearing the worst for good reason: All you need to see is Metro on any mode for what CQC map pack will bring.

I don't know about rush but Metro is fun on conquest. It's also the most played map I believe. And the patch is going through certification right now so we should get it within a month.

Majanew

Banned
Metro is the most played map because that piece of shit seems to come up in rotation more than any other map. So you either play or quit. Ugh, not enough fuck yous for that map in Conquest. Quit three times this morning to find another server thanks to Metro popping up.

tn2007

Metro is the most played map because that piece of shit seems to come up in rotation more than any other map. So you either play or quit. Ugh, not enough fuck yous for that map in Conquest. Quit three times this morning to find another server thanks to Metro popping up.

Do you use the server browser to pick your games?

Majanew

Banned
Do you use the server browser to pick your games?

When I'm playing with my bro, yeah. Have to join servers with enough room for us to make sure we get on the same team (thanks for that, DICE). Most times we play is in the morning and there are almost never any B2K servers up. So I'm usually having to select one of the 'P24XXX' servers when it's early and Metro comes up a lot.

Miutsu

So finally got to buy/play BF3 on PS3 :D not a very good player but I still enjoy it, although I dont really like some of the maps in comparison to bc2 maps :( havent bought BK2 yet

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
B2K offers the best maps. You need.

Might have been true had not DICE decided to introduce the most retarded fucking game mode in existence with CQ Assault. Basically forcing us to play that garbage game mode.

Just another example of DICE being completely clueless.

TheSeks

... ... ... MVP. Babby's First Mode. Operation's Hastings. 4745 score. 30 kills. 15 deaths.

2 people down.

Can you guess what happens?

YEAH. We lose. Because Faceless is busy getting helicopter kills for his trophy and everyone besides Rock (who I dunno WTF was doing since wasn't part of my squad) was holding their dick in their hands while I revolved around D/C because their team advantage kept taking one of the two bases while I attempted (in vain) to defend at least ONE of them (mostly C) and attack the other.

Fuck sake, why can't people play the OBJECTIVES instead of LOLOLOL I ARE SNIPER this late into the games life? And I even played Sniper and took 4-5 people out coming across the bridge because people wouldn't flipping notice my spots.

*bangs head into keyboard in rage* I fucking hate all of you. HATE. HATE. HATE.

Evolved said:
Might have been true had not DICE decided to introduce the most retarded fucking game mode in existence with CQ Assault. Basically forcing us to play that garbage game mode.

ITT: Evolved admits to being a dirty console peasant and never playing GLORIOUS MASTER RACE BF2 with that mode as god intended.

Good luck with the helicopter. :lol

I should play Vietnam with you, but I'm finishing up Pro mode on Bio4 today. >_> Only got two areas left... but struggling with lack of ammo. :/

oh, that was easy, i had that before my PS3 broke. the only 2 i need are silver and gold on all vietnam weapons.

... ... ... MVP. Babby's First Mode. Operation's Hastings. 4745 score. 30 kills. 15 deaths.

2 people down.

Can you guess what happens?

YEAH. We lose. Because Faceless is busy getting helicopter kills for his trophy and everyone besides Rock (who I dunno WTF was doing since wasn't part of my squad) was holding their dick in their hands while I revolved around D/C because their team advantage kept taking one of the two bases while I attempted (in vain) to defend at least ONE of them (mostly C) and attack the other.

Fuck sake, why can't people play the OBJECTIVES instead of LOLOLOL I ARE SNIPER this late into the games life? And I even played Sniper and took 4-5 people out coming across the bridge because people wouldn't flipping notice my spots.

*bangs head into keyboard in rage* I fucking hate all of you. HATE. HATE. HATE.

ITT: Evolved admits to being a dirty console peasant and never playing GLORIOUS MASTER RACE BF2 with that mode as god intended.

i wasn't flying... much... i was capping bases, but half the team was playing TDM while the whole other team was PTO.

Just another example of DICE being completely clueless.

what's wrong with Assault? maybe it's because i played BC1 a lot and that was Double Assault, but i don't get the complaints.

tn2007

We had some really great games today. Team gaf only lost two matches, but we came back and got them later. Dawnoflife was beasting on seine and metro.

Sorry my mic messed up JJD and I didn't mine all the talking. It's always a blast to play with you guys.

Miutsu

What is your psn id? Add me, mine is thn2008.

Same as my username here, thanks :), do note that my gaming schedule is very inconsistent though.

Btw, I also have gl0w added to my friend list on PSN but I can't remember from which game, possibly from Wipeout HD.

JJD

We had some really great games today. Team gaf only lost two matches, but we came back and got them later. Dawnoflife was beasting on seine and metro.

Sorry my mic messed up JJD and I didn't mine all the talking. It's always a blast to play with you guys.

It was great making those clan guys quit after Kharg! Balancing in this game is so shitty! We're playing with a team of newbies against a bunch of clan dudes, Canals get in rotation guess what side we played? Of course we play as the USA...

Even in those 2 games we lost we still ended up with the ace squad pin! And Dawn is a great, great player, glad to have him on my friend list! That reminds me, I still gotta add Glow! Free some space on your friend list man! :)

It was great making those clan guys quit after Kharg! Balancing in this game is so shitty! We're playing with a team of newbies against a bunch of clan dudes, Canals get in rotation guess what side we played? Of course we play as the USA...

Even in those 2 games we lost we still ended up with the ace squad pin! And Dawn is a great, great player, glad to have him on my friend list! That reminds me, I still gotta add Glow! Free some space on your friend list man! :)

Hey JJD, its DawnofLife, it was great playing with you and thn2008. Such a relief to be finally playing with a couple of guys who actually PTO. My mic wasn't working properly for some reason, hopefully should be fine next time.

gl0w

My friends,

i have started recently recording all the clan wars that my clan is doing, and i think i'm getting some interesting stuff. The last war was very intense with lots of teamwork, and kudos to the opponent, we had a great match.

So, if any of you are interested in seeing some of the clan wars game play, feel free to watch on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/gl0wvalter/videos

cheers!

TheSeks

I'm just going to leave these here:

Me said:
Douche that thinks this is BC2 and "I WIN" button helicopters (4000-ish score, literally in the round) since he was on attackers.

428933_864365893675_201404980_37371794_358064681_n.jpg

BUT!

303463_864365763935_201404980_37371791_1364206636_n.jpg

MVP was the douche that rode with him.

Funny part? They had the helicopter from attack start AND the second helicopter at the second set. Best part? We started to dwindle the to 20-ish tickets, they cheese crate with helicopter. Proceed to third set. Dwindle tickets again. But to 10-ish. Fourth set? I wasn't having any of that shit. I switched to my BFF AN-94 and proceeded to mow any motherfucker on the ground that was around. And the helicopters couldn't do shit.

Hey, gmcband76 and mortadelo2011:

305907_864365629205_201404980_37371790_654458461_n.jpg

You may have mown me down 15 times, but: We still won. Stupid fucks.

Even sent gmcband a "rage quit? Sad." PSN message because he was there RIGHT UP until I killed the last motherfucker in the round to win it.

Get some skills, douches. That round is for the history books of BC1.

Top Bottom