• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
What angers you more?

-Snipers hanging back trying to get massive headshots
-Pilots and drivers who try to get their practice in while carrying 4 teammates
-People who let 1 person slowly take an objective, and run in at the last second for the free points without risking being killed

MAVator Snipers

I wish there was a practice mode like BF1943 has... I'm scared to pilot helicopters.

Rebel Leader

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.jpg

Battlefield always has these idiots. The only time it doesn't is when GAF is nearly playing together, but we make people rage quit within minutes because they aren't too smart to play the game as intended.

...Or they call in reinforcements

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zh1nt0 said:
Hopefully I´ll be able to drop the patch date tomorrow.

Played some EPIC BATTLES with noface and olimpia last night. So good.

Boss Man

I've discovered my purpose in this game: Turrets.

Got a 24 kill streak on the top of a tank the other night. Did something similar in a chopper yesterday. I've also begun to drive jeeps into flag zones and just switch to the turret and mow people down as they pass by unsuspectingly. I love turrets.

I still need to become much more familiar with the maps, but at level 35, I am finally starting to really get the hang of this game. Also, the SCAR-H on Engineer is super overlooked. Best weapon on Engy as far as I'm concerned.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I wish there was a practice mode like BF1943 has... I'm scared to pilot helicopters.

Er-there is. It's called "Fire from the Sky" co-op.

Fuck the new rotations. AT LEAST LEAVE A FEW FULL-RUSH SERVERS FOR HARDCORE MODE GODDAMNIT.

Our crew only plays rush. Conquest on consoles is awful. Might as well go back to BC2.

Too bad you're hardcore, which destroys half the game otherwise I'd join up since GAF doesn't play GLORIOUS MASTER RACE mode. *cough*

Also you can still get full Rush. Just don't join the [DICE] servers, surely? EA and P# are still full Rush rotations.

Also you can still get full Rush. Just don't join the [DICE] servers, surely? EA and P# are still full Rush rotations.

Speaking of... what are the P# servers. I understand enough that EA controls [EA] servers and Dice the [Dice] ones... but P#? What the hell are those?

Majanew

Banned
So with the new server setup, if I only select to show Conquest servers, like I always have, it now will throw me into a Rush match. I select to play B2K maps only and it keeps throwing me into Rush. I don't want to play Rush. I don't like Rush.

Epic Battles seems to be my go to server now. No Rush and no stupid Operation Metro or Damavand Peak! Big thanks for that one, DICE -- seriously. The mixing in Rush when I don't have the Rush box checked is annoying though.

I've only played on two maps in Rush, Strike at Karkand & Gulf of Oman...terrible, terrible layout. Rush was actually decent in BC2, but from my three four experiences on those two maps... yuck.

Dakar

Banned
So with the new server setup, if I only select to show Conquest servers, like I always have, it now will throw me into a Rush match. I select to play B2K maps only and it keeps throwing me into Rush. I don't want to play Rush. I don't like Rush.
Yeah they definitely have to tweak the server browser search parameters. They should also tweak the quick match settings so you can select "Conquest Only", etc.

Skeyser

Fixed.

Also, please tell me they're going to fix the glitch that you can be killed out of the cockpit by a single rocket while in a Chopper/Jet.

It's not really a glitch, the missile hits the cockpit and the radius of the explosion kills the pilot/copilot.

I haven't heard anything about them changing it, but next patch RPGs and tank shells will instantly destroy attack helicopters and jets.

Arcteryx

Epic Battles seems to be my go to server now. No Rush and no stupid Operation Metro or Damavand Peak! Big thanks for that one, DICE -- seriously. The mixing in Rush when I don't have the Rush box checked is annoying though.

I've only played on two maps in Rush, Strike at Karkand & Gulf of Oman...terrible, terrible layout. Rush was actually decent in BC2, but from my three four experiences on those two maps... yuck.

You need to select Epic Battles if you're after CQ only. B2K only servers rotate between Rush/CQ.

Majanew

Banned
You need to select Epic Battles if you're after CQ only. B2K only servers rotate between Rush/CQ.

Yeah, I know. I liked playing B2K maps only because it kept me away from Operation Metro and Damavand Peak, but Epic Battles seems to do that. Plus, now I get to play maps I like: Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Operation Firestorm -- with the B2K maps. So that's awesome.

Overdoziz

Banned
It's not really a glitch, the missile hits the cockpit and the radius of the explosion kills the pilot/copilot.

I haven't heard anything about them changing it, but next patch RPGs and tank shells will instantly destroy attack helicopters and jets.
Oh that explains why I can get shot out of the cockpit even though the rocket hits the back of the Chopper.

BoatAck

Oh that explains why I can get shot out of the cockpit even though the rocket hits the back of the Chopper.

I know what you are talkng about. It has happened to me on multiple occasions and it is frustrating as fuck. I thought I read something in the upcoming patches that was going to eliminate this, I'll check later when I get the chance.

Dakar

Banned
I really don't get some of the stuff that goes on with the air warfare locks and such.

Had a really strange one the other night where I locked onto a heli with a stinger, fired, he flared, locked on again and me and a squadmate both fired and our missiles just flew in parallel following a straight path to where he had been at the time we fired (in the middle of the Wake Island inlet) while he veered slightly to the right. He didn't flare again or ECM. He wasn't moving fast.

JJD

Anyone having some severe lag lately?

Since Sunday I'm having trouble playing, but today was really unbearable...

I never really had lag problems before, I hope it's not related to the new servers.

Rebel Leader

Anyone having some severe lag lately?

Since Sunday I'm having trouble playing, but today was really unbearable...

I never really had lag problems before, I hope it's not related to the new servers.
I think I noticed it. But I haven't played BF3 in a week.

TheSeks

Having to redownload a 3gig expansion for a bug fix is fucking stupid but having the MG36 on B2K maps is oh so worth it. I love you, my "patriot."

olimpia84

Some epic wins tonight guys, GGs.
Like, how do you manage to lose a Canals game when you start on the RU side, have two tanks, have ALL THREE choppers and have five Colonels and more players throughout most of the game? Ask these guys :p

Blue, I told you to stay on our side :p

just saw this:

A0uCm.png

TheSeks

Been playing MGS3 much? ~("~)

Nah, I've been playing MGS2. And I've forgotten how bad it is. >_> I'm not a Raiden hater (okay, I am) but man going through with no alerts and getting the dog tags on Hard is maddddd frustrating.

Faceless said:
>>Image<<

Nah, the USAS is just as broken in CoD8 as it is here. Just less so because no frag rounds.

That said, the AA-12 with a Foregrip has it beat if you slap scavenger on yourself (since it pukes ammo) to where if you get good at using a pistol (or using overkill for another primary) to switch to when you can't reload you pretty much dominate close and/or all ranges.

JJD

Some epic wins tonight guys, GGs.
Like, how do you manage to lose a Canals game when you start on the RU side, have two tanks, have ALL THREE choppers and have five Colonels and more players throughout most of the game? Ask these guys :p

Blue, I told you to stay on our side :p

Best of the night for me was the water tower guy! Haha

Dakar

Banned
Had a classic XBOX Live moment last night: Managed to snag the gunner in a Viper off spawn, but the pilot was so butthurt his buddy didn't get in he proceeded to spend the next two minutes just flying around spawn bumping into things trying to "scare" me into bailing before finally succumbing to full rage-mode and crashing us.

Gazzawa

Fuck this game.
takes up a metric shitload of memory.
Multiplayer is just boring. Zero chatter. Don't care about the new maps.
Trading this shit in.

battlefield 1943 is way better than this. fact.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fuck this game.
Trading this shit in.

Yeah... no. :3

Some info about the upcoming patch:

Battlefielddo.com

Zh1nt0 said:
"The upcoming patch will include commo-rose improvements for PC as well as minimap improvements for PC"
"we´re working on getting out a date right now but things got halted in the last second"

"Yea, USAS + frag rounds fix is in, MAV riding is fixed in that too...
We have a set date for PS3
. We are working on getting a set date for Xbox 360 and PC. Sorry about all the confusion but things got pulled back in the last second. Terribly sorry for all of the mix ups with the dates. Sometimes things get pulled back."

"adjusting level of details on the minimap... three new mini map modes
Satellite, hybrid and detailed
Waiting for screenshots"

TheSeks

Fuck this game.
Trading this shit in.

Okay, we don't love you. Bye-bye!

Hahahaha. No it isn't. The only thing 1943 has is more destruction. 3 maps isn't better, but whatever. Go back there where the game has about 14 people playing it off-and-on.

JJD

Finally re downloaded the 3gigs of patches and B2K map pack to have the new guns working at last.

I love Dice, but they are fucking lazy. Couldn't they do proper QA to verify if the new weapons would work properly in the new maps they are fucking bundled with???

Dice is the Bethesda of the first person shooters. Their games are great, when they work as intended.

I'm getting freezes when I boot the game almost everyday, not to mention during gameplay.

Fersis

March 27 for PS3
The full patch is huge! (Specially for the PC crowd)

Hey JJD check this out:
DISABLE ANTI-ALIASING ON PS3 TO REDUCE INPUT LAG
PlayStation 3 players may now turn off anti-alias in the options menu to reduce input lag.

Curious about this one:
This update will also bring the &#8220;Rent a Server&#8221; functionality to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. For more updated information on this functionality, check back next week.

TheSeks

MMMMMMMM... Jaggies for proper aiming when you didn't need to eat jaggies in BC2... *drool*

DICE are so fucking stupid at times, I swear.

JJD

March 27 for PS3
The full patch is huge! (Specially for the PC crowd)

Hey JJD check this out:
DISABLE ANTI-ALIASING ON PS3 TO REDUCE INPUT LAG
PlayStation 3 players may now turn off anti-alias in the options menu to reduce input lag.

Curious about this one:

Wow that's great Fersis!!! It's going to be included in the in game menu? Thanks for the heads up bro, you rock!!!

I wonder how the game will look...I game on a 64' plasma...

I bet it's going to look horrible!

Who cares anyway? NO LAG!!! :)

Patch Notes said:
-Players should no longer take fall damage from short falls. YESSS
-Tweaked the damage levels of Buck and Flechette rounds to balance them with other weapons.Increased or decreased?
-Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters. Fuck yes! If this was the norm already we would have utterly raped those annoying chopper whores on yesterday game! I hate the engineer fixing/little bird/transport chopper combo!
-Increased the damage the MBT&#8217;s primary weapon does to the front and side armor of other main battle tanks. Primarily this means 1 less shot to the front, and very good hits to the side can result in a 1 hit to disable. I think this is going to be good, tank on tank fights take too long as they are now.
-Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool. I play mostly as an engineer, and this is good. That thing was ridiculous.
-Slightly reduced the locking time of all weapons vs Laser Designated targets. I think this is good also, love the guided shell!
-Reduced the damage AA missiles do to jets to 45%.I'm not a jet player, so I don't really know how they work or are balanced, but this seems bullshit for me. Jets are already too powerful with a average to good pilot. If your team doesn't have a jet pilot to counter attack, you're going to get screwed.
-The T90&#8242;s crosshair now more accurately represents the trajectory of the main gun.What? Never knew there was an issue with the crosshairs. Love that tank.
-SCAR-H: Increased damage at maximum range and increased max range. The SCAR-H fires a heavier round than all other carbines, giving it better stopping power at range at the cost of a low fire rate that penalizes it in CQB.I don't understand this. The scar already has almost the same damage rate as a assault rifle, higher than any other carbine.
-The Aimed Accuracy bonus provided by the Heavy Barrel has been increased. This will increase the effectiveness of the Heavy Barrel for small bursts, as originally intended.I think I will experiment with it now

I think this patch is going to be very good!

I saw no mention of this, but I hope they fixed the blinking flag glitch on the mini map.

dc2x

Neo Member
can't believe they kept the laser guided flare distraction - that was probably the most complained about thing in the patch notes

I'm getting freezes when I boot the game almost everyday, not to mention during gameplay.

Tell me about it, last night I got two freezes twice in a row at the initial "loading" screen, and then on my 3rd try, I made the mistake of using the xmb to try and join with some gaffers before I had "pressed start" at the title screen, freezing it yet again.

U2NUMB

WTF why is the PC and Xbox patch delayed? Is there any chance this is tied to their one week early DLC deal? Come on.. give us a damn date!

TheSeks

WTF why is the PC and Xbox patch delayed? Is there any chance this is tied to their one week early DLC deal? Come on.. give us a damn date!

Just be lucky you aren't getting it first if B2K is anything to go by. B2K 360/PC didn't have the gun bug that the PS3 release did. Probably because they spent that extra week polishing it to make sure it didn't happen there. So count yourself lucky you aren't getting this patch until we PS3 people take the blunders and have to deal with it for another three months. :/

U2NUMB

Just be lucky you aren't getting it first if B2K is anything to go by. B2K 360/PC didn't have the gun bug that the PS3 release did. Probably because they spent that extra week polishing it to make sure it didn't happen there. So count yourself lucky you aren't getting this patch until we PS3 people take the blunders and have to deal with it for another three months. :/

Oh I play on the PS3 also and I am happy about the hopeful lag fix but it is not my primary platform for the game. I just can not believe how badly they miss manage the community. Their community manager is as rude as possible on his twitter. They announced a day of.. an announcement and then left 2/3 of their platform gamers with a "soon"

MattDoza

It's frustrating, to say the least. Give one console a hard date, the rest get a "we'll let you know."

IMPROVEMENTS TO MINIMAP
we are also adjusting the level of detail to give a clearer picture for players when using the mini-map.
The three new mini map modes are:

Is anyone else not seeing the rest of this? Is it an image(s) that just isn't loading for me?

eek5

should've been hybrid from the very beginning

not sure who was in charge of BF3 UI but they need a kick in the nuts

Top Bottom