• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Strife91

There's a lot of people who stick to the opposite side. On the top of my mind Catpee, Blue and Kurisub always stays with their team and seem to really enjoy playing against Gaf.

Olimpia switch teams a lot when one side is full of gaffers and the other has only 2 or 3.

This strife dude is talking out of his ass, how many times have you played with the regulars to know how we play or what we do? Before the patch you would have a hard time finding more than 4 gaffers on the same team or playing together at all.

After the patch a lot of people came back and I find that great. There's always someone to join at any hour of the day.

LOL. Why are you offended? I only speak from my experience of playing with you for 5 hours yesterday. I know what I saw. 90% of the time all gaffers were on the same team. Sure, you can have your little happy reunion if you want. I'm not in any position force you to do anything.

A little embarassing, but can someone remind me how to use the PS3 headset? I haven;t used it for over a year and it never seems to work properly. Also, any gaffers gonna be on in an hour?

JJD

LOL. Why are you offended? I only speak from my experience of playing with you for 5 hours yesterday. I know what I saw. 90% of the time all gaffers were on the same team. Sure, you can have your little happy reunion if you want. I'm not in any position force you to do anything.

I'm not offended. And did you play with us for five hours and suddenly you know everything there is about how we play? Really? Looool!

I have clocked close to two hundred hours on this game. We have people here closing in to six and four hundred. But it's OK, play with us for five hours and start making dumb assumptions, just don't expect anyone to take your word for granted.

I didn't even notice you on those games, do you use the same tag? Strife?

If you have played with us for more than five hours you would know that pre patch, almost half of the people on that picture were not playing the game regularly. Do you expect people to come back after months away just to be steamrolled by their friends while playing on a team of randoms? Don't be ridiculous.

A little embarassing, but can someone remind me how to use the PS3 headset? I haven;t used it for over a year and it never seems to work properly. Also, any gaffers gonna be on in an hour?

PS3 settings, Audio Settings, Manage Bluetooth devices!

Strife91

I'm not offended. And did you play with us for five hours and suddenly you know everything there is about how we play? Really? Looool!

I have clocked close to two hundred hours on this game. We have people here closing in to six and four hundred. But it's OK, play with us for five hours and start making dumb assumptions, just don't expect anyone to take your word for granted.

You sure are worked up for someone that's not offended. It's not really my fault that you are giving a bad impression.
I didn't even notice you on those games, do you use the same tag? Strife?

No. I don't use any tags.

If you have played with us for more than five ours you would know that pre patch, almost half of the people on that picture were not playing the game regularly.

Those five hours were all yesterday. I'm not talking about that picture. I'm talking about what I saw while playing on the GAF-server yesterday.

Do you expect people to come back after months aways just to be steamrolled by their friends while playing on a team of randoms? Don't be ridiculous.

I don't see the problem with this. I was getting pretty steamrolled yesterday, but I guess that's OK since it not you. Most people are playing with randoms you know? You're basically saying that you don't want to be on the losing team. And if they played the game for hundreds of hours they won't get steamrolled that easily.

-Silver-

It felt good to be able to get a chance to play again with you guys, nice one.

Did they change the handling of the choppers and did anyone else notice that they removed your jet from the air rader?

JJD

You sure are worked up for someone that's not offended. It's not really my fault that you're a giving a bad impression.

On whose opinion? Yours? Doesn't really matter to me, I'm just pointing out how stupid your argument is.

How can you compare that clan to Gaf? We're not even a serious clan. We don't have requirements to joining, we don't have rules about how we should play. We're just a bunch of guys from a forum who like to play together. Maybe we should play against each other just to make you happy, or to make a good impression to you.

And as far as I know no server admin. on GAF servers have ever changed good players to their side.

No. I don't use any tags.

Sorry, I was asking about your Battlelog handle, so I could check all those horrible five hours you played with us.

I don't see the problem with this. I was getting pretty steamrolled yesterday, but I guess that's OK since it not you. Most people are playing with randoms you know? You're basically saying that you don't want to be on the losing team. And if they played the game for hundreds of hours they won't get steamrolled that easily.

You're were making dumb assumptions about gaffers in general, now you're just making dumb assumptions about myself. Again, you have not played with us or with me enough to know.

Of course I play to win, who doesn't? Maybe you, but the point is, I play with my friends. If our GAF team is overwhelmed I don't quit, and I don't change sides. Look at my quit percentage, I willing to bet it's way lower than yours.

On that picture Rebel Leader posted there's only 4 people that I would consider regulars: Boa, Rock, myself and THN, one squad. Evolved was away from the game for quite some time. Minhtfresh jumps in occasionally, but unfortunately doesn't play as much as he did BC2, and OGTheClever is a new guy (and really awesome pilot!).

Only 4 regulars guys. Usually that's the most gaffers we'll have in a game based on my experience. But forget about that, keep doing your witty remarks and stupid assumptions I'd rather be playing with my friends.

Arcteryx

haha that was a fun game just now

I think the chopper controls are more responsive post-patch; seems like I can do a LOT more stuff in the UH1 now.

I can't believe the two of you are fighting over something this silly.

The fact of the matter is that we just don't have a rule on how people should be allocated.

Obviously the system isn't perfect, people will go where they want and play with who they want. If that mean we all stick together, that's fine. If that means we all play apart, that's fine too. No one here is going to dictate how anyone goes.

Of course, if anyone want to come up with a system of allocation or moving people around, feel free to post it here and discuss about it. It's just that it's silly right now since there are usually only 3-5 regulars on at the same time.

That being said, I want to stress that this is one of the reasons why I feel bad that we can't all the 90+ gaffers into the regular crowd. New bloods of all skill levels are welcomed. If we can get more than 16+ gaffers on at anytime, then we can easily just have private matches instead.

Don't just dump your PSN ID in here and expect someone to add you. Friend a regular player, join up on the server and so we can get to know you. (I mean PSN only allow 100 friends, we can't just add people nonchalantly.)

Otherwise it's just going to be the 3 vs. 3 pistol fight like we had the other day.

tn2007

I don't understand. Is it a problem that we like to play together? Isn't the point of having a clan, to have people to play with, because we all hate randoms? It's not like we never play against eachother. I gave you 2 examples earlier. Next time I know it's you by yourself. I'll join the other team. Because if it was just you against 8 gaffers than that must of sucked.

Anyways GAF doesn't win all it's matches. We get challenge all the time and JJD is right. It's rarely ever that all of the main gaffers get to play eachother. It's only really happen since the patch. Usually it's just me, boa, JJD, olimpia, minthfresh, or rockscar. Faceless plays both Xbox and ps3. Seks plays rush only. Meppi plays with manchaurian. Dan, evolved and ejas just started playing again. Dream plays when he had time. Dawn plays mostly pc and a little ps3. Probably forgetting some people, sorry. ;p

Strife91

I don't mind you playing together. Ofcourse, you can. Sure, 1 gaf squad on the team is fine, but more than that is unnecessary since your basically only playing with you squad anyway. But it was clearly unbalanced yesterday. 6-8 gaffers on the same team? really? I don't really care which team I'm in as long as it's moderately balanced. There's really no need to dictate where anyone should go. Pure old goodwill will do. People should take the initiative to try to balance things up if it's clearly unbalanced. You could have squads move instead of players, then at least you you don't have to be "alone".

And I'm not really making a big deal out of this. I just got the urge to continue provoking JJD. :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I wonder if they'll ever add a server toggle to remove jets...

Boss Man

Do most PS3 Gaffers have the clan tag? I played a bit in the server today but I couldn't tell if there were even any gaffers in there.

CatPee

Do most PS3 Gaffers have the clan tag? I played a bit in the server today but I couldn't tell if there were even any gaffers in there.

Yea, most do. Some don't have one just so they can remain stealthy. I'll probably remove mine soon and change my GAF name to something like my PSN for easy identification.

Oh, and we really do need to hop on that RSS server sometime.

redhot_

Just got off after playing for a few hours, and apparently the fastest and most successful way to get banned from a server quick is to dominate the sky.

Taking out a jet and killing the pilot without him ejecting seems to be the most frustrating thing for people to deal with.

4 bans in less then 2 hours. :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been toying with the idea of an enforced no-jet server.

Though I'm a bit torn on it... because I think people really should be able to play however they want (even if their playstyle annoys the shit out of me, they should be free to do it) but I also want to mimic the feel of the bad company games. And, it's my server afterall. Every other server has jets, so... I don;t think it's too douchey to restrict them. I believe you can just remove jets from the game, and this wouldn't really have a negative affect on balance. I mean, especially after they nerfed the tanks. And in BF3, teams have far more options to deal with pesky helicopter pilots than we did in BC2.

However, to enforce such a thing, you'd have to be a douche admin... which I also dislike. Overactive, aggressive admins are huge pricks.

I'd have to figure out a way to make it 100% clear that jets will get you banned, and have a way to enforce it w.o coming across like a huge dick.

Idk... really wish this basic thing was something we could toggle.

Anyway... if I do this, it won't be affiliated with Neogaf in any way. Personal project. Maybe if people are into it, it might pop up on other servers, and then maybe DICE will notice (lol).

JJD

I was thinking of buying a server for a week to train piloting, but I don't think that will be necessary. GAF official server was empty for most of the night! I could train a lot on Kharg, and I'm getting a little better!

Thanks for sticking around Faceless and Blue, it was really fun playing with you guys! I had some good laughs too, specially that time Faceless tried to land his chopper on Blue jet! :-D

Is it possible to circle strafe a chopper like people used to do on BC2? I tried but I couldn't maintain it, I'm probably still not good enough.

UFRA

FYI I just applied to join the GAF platoon thingy on Battlelog.

I definitely am playing this game as much as possible again since the patch. Funny thing is, most of the patch doesn't even effect me. The main thing I am glad to see is the "quit" option in between rounds :lol. That is something that should have been in day 1.

Aside from that, the current game drought has brought me back to playing other games again. I forgot how much fun this was. :D

Just froze on a CQ Metro 700 ticket game. Was up 248-18. I had to have been up 30-40 kills over deaths. Had 2 Nemesis ribbons too. Fucking game. I think I was at 13 Nemesis and now I'm at 15. Do I still get points even if I freeze or was it all for naught? I think the nemesis registered but I'm not 100% I was at 13 to begin with. =(

nl david

Neo Member
Is there something I'm missing about jets? I almost always get shot down immediately after take off and I only got this useless machinegun

Boss Man

I only got this useless machinegun. I almost always get shot down immediately after take off. Is there something I'm missing about jets?
Yes, rockets and skill. Unfortunately people have been flying jets for a while and the skill gap has become pretty large. It's hard to even get unlocks at this point.

I was thinking of buying a server for a week to train piloting, but I don't think that will be necessary. GAF official server was empty for most of the night! I could train a lot on Kharg, and I'm getting a little better!

Thanks for sticking around Faceless and Blue, it was really fun playing with you guys! I had some good laughs too, specially that time Faceless tried to land his chopper on Blue jet! :-D

Is it possible to circle strafe a chopper like people used to do on BC2? I tried but I couldn't maintain it, I'm probably still not good enough.

no, the chopper can't sustain that type of flight.

Just froze on a CQ Metro 700 ticket game. Was up 248-18. I had to have been up 30-40 kills over deaths. Had 2 Nemesis ribbons too. Fucking game. I think I was at 13 Nemesis and now I'm at 15. Do I still get points even if I freeze or was it all for naught? I think the nemesis registered but I'm not 100% I was at 13 to begin with. =(

as long as the server doesn't crash or freeze, you get everything you earned before your freeze.

Woorloog

Banned
So, when is the frigging patch coming to 360? BF3 is the only thing that would make me renew Gold, but only if i can get to play it soon...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Arnie

So, when is the frigging patch coming to 360? BF3 is the only thing that would make me renew Gold, but only if i can get to play it soon...

Want to know the same. The game needs a little rejuvenation for me and my friends before the DLC. Just little things like rebalanced weapons, suppression and vehicles would get my back in for a couple of weeks.

MrBig

Is there something I'm missing about jets? I almost always get shot down immediately after take off and I only got this useless machinegun

The main cannon is pretty much the only way to kill other jets, unless you are against a pilot that doesn't know how to outmaneuver missiles or have flares. Not much of a way to get better besides keeping at it, it is understandably hard to get into for people that weren't flying from launch.

Arcteryx

Same here. It is ridiculously frustrating. I play on PC as well and same situation there.

+1 here as well. I wonder if its a bug of some sort with suppression. I had a couple times yesterday on a 24/7 Metro server, where I literally could not hit someone within a few feet w/ M60. We were both support emptying rounds and hitting nothing :(

Due some weird SCEA/SCEE region issue i cant use clan tags. >8(

Ill be playing later today.

Im pretty sure thats lag.

that's suppression and it's glorious.

like earlier today, some recon with an M98B was trying to quickscope me thru my suppression and he couldn't hit me from like 10M away. i'm shooting a 200 bullet LMG right at you dude, stay in cover!

it's coming whenever it's approved by MS. there's no way to have a date until that happens.

Fkn sweet, was actually coming here to ask if any one had heard anything about 360 patch!

My boys and I are all pitching in for a server, I'll post the deets here when it gets up and running.

A week after PS3's patch? How convenient.
cisO8.gif

Time stamp?

Can you summarize? That's a 1 hour + podcast you just posted.

19min and 1hr 2:25min mark is when the 360 patch gets brought up. Had to go back to check if I remember what he said correctly :p No where does he deny or confirm a deal with Sony.

In short

He's not in the right position to discuss why/when patches are shipped or aren't
Their philosophy is not to favor any one platform
They want to get patches out as fast as possible

Top Bottom