• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I probably won't extend the server until they give us the option (if ever) to turn off the jets. Until then, I can't really do what I want.

And gaf seems to have a number of servers already with good map rotations. If need be, I'll pitch in some $$$ to keep those up and running.

tn2007

Siene Crossing
This game was insane on the last Mcom. Smoke and shotguns everywhere. Everyone around the Mcom. I spawn on boa and he dies I revive him and arm the Mcom. I die and rockscar and seks protect the Mcom only to die secs later. Our squad is wiped but our team manages to protect the crate and we win!!! Fist pump!!!

Are you playing with AA off? What gun and attachments are you using? Because I know they messed up foregrip. Are you being suppressed while firing? How suppression works. I recall you having really good accuracy.

I tried both AA on and off, didn't make a whole lotta difference. The attachments are not the issue. I've done enough research on them now to know which ones to use. And its not suppression either. The thumb sticks are just not responding the way I want them to. I had pretty good accuracy pre patch (about 23.6%). Hopefully I can adjust to it soon...

U2NUMB

I tried both AA on and off, didn't make a whole lotta difference. The attachments are not the issue. I've done enough research on them now to know which ones to use. And its not suppression either. The thumb sticks are just not responding the way I want them to. I had pretty good accuracy pre patch (about 23.6%). Hopefully I can adjust to it soon...

I was thinking the same thing until I dropped the suppressor on my gun and added a heavy barrel. I also had to really tweak my sensitivity before I could even keep my shots straight 20 feet away.

JJD

I'm having a lot of problems after the patch too. I can't aim as good as I did pre patch, but slowly I'm improving. Just soldier on and eventually you'll adapt.

tn2007

I'm sure you will make the adjustment. Your too good of a shooter not too. Like JJD said just keep playin and you will get use to it. But for your info my accuracy has taken a hit too post patch.

I'll be on PS3 in half an hour if anyone wants to squad up

I've yet to do those damn Squad Deathmatch matches, so if anyone else needs to do them I'll be up for it.

The_Hitcher89, btw

JJD

I'm sure you will make the adjustment. Your too good of a shooter not too. Like JJD said just keep playin and you will get use to it. But for your info my accuracy has taken a hit too post patch.

I still haven't found the post patch sweet spot for the sensitivity setting. I used to play at 50%.

Now whenever I find a good setting for overall movement, aiming down the sights is too sensitive for me, then when I find a good setting for aiming down the sights it's general movement that is way too slow.

Still I had some good games yesterday, so I think that I'll learn to adapt as I did to the lag. Unfortunately the controls still don't feel as responsible as BC2!

Evolved1

I'll be on PS3 in half an hour if anyone wants to squad up

I've yet to do those damn Squad Deathmatch matches, so if anyone else needs to do them I'll be up for it.

The_Hitcher89, btw

I need 5 of those too. If we can get one more gaffer in the squad... then I'm up for it.

Can anyone who's good add me and take me under their wing? Im a seasoned CoD player but I cannot stay alive in this game. Proned MK11 users are fucking me up all day long.

Gamertag: Khalifa Jayy

What about hit detection issues? Have any of you guys had any? It seems to happen more on private servers. Bullets just seem to go through guys. I have to keep shooting a lot longer to take a guy down (This is with either a heavy barrel or flash suppr)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
What about hit detection issues? Have any of you guys had any? It seems to happen more on private servers. Bullets just seem to go through guys. I have to keep shooting a lot longer to take a guy down (This is with either a heavy barrel or flash suppr)
I don't think I noticed any hit detection issues.Even with flash suppresser HB on

CatPee

Both of those decrease hip fire accuracy (and the suppressor too).

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
CAN WE STOP TAKING SERVERS OVER? EVEN OUR OWN?

Because this:
48GN4.jpg

Probably violates the US constitution of "cruel and unusual punishment" :lol

JJD

Can anyone who's good add me and take me under their wing? Im a seasoned CoD player but I cannot stay alive in this game. Proned MK11 users are fucking me up all day long.

Gamertag: Khalifa Jayy

Don't worry man, I'm sure you just have to get used to the game. Do you game on the Ps3 or 360? On the thread OP there's a link to the Battlelog GAF platoon on both platforms. Apply for a position and add people do your friends list.

Don't expect regulars to add you, just send friend invites to people and you'll be playing with a Gaf squad in no time! :)

tn2007

I had some games where I felt I shot the guy in the chest and it said 100% health after he killed me. I don't know if it's lag or what. But it hasn't been as bad as you might be having. I'm having more problems with freezes than hit detection.

tn2007

Wake
My bad ejas and boatack. I should not of told you to go to B. We should of just stuck together and cap C. Strategy error on my part.

Recent observation/tips:
  1. Those who've played Bazaar Rush with me before - you know how well the MAV + beacon +1 guard setup in 1-B defense works. Please learn to pick that up. The setup work wonders when you have 2 guards from separate squads. However, rarely do you have more than 1 person who want to commit SPM suicide.
  2. MAV, still gets no love for its proper use. You can completely shut down D-peek and high way rush defense with a good mav user. Instead, I still see a bunch of morons waste it on trying to ram a few people.
  3. If you get killed by claymores/c4-mcoms once - learn your mistake and grenade the area first.
  4. Claymores can be semi-placed into objects. It's a bit time consuming to get it right, but well worth it at choke points.
  5. Just learned this recently, but you can knock long fluorescent lights in most rooms/hallways (ex: bazaar 1-B, D-peak hallways in rush/conquest.)

Strife91

We haven't quite figured out a way for us to play with our friends and always have challenges.

Most of us take our losses like a man though

*proud of his low quit ratio*

Well for starters, we don't need 8 gaffers in one team. Split in two. You can only be 4 in a squad anyway.

Well for starters, we don't need 8 gaffers in one team. Split in two. You can only be 4 in a squad anyway.

We don't really dictate where gaffers should go though. In general people like to play together. However, if the team balance throw gaffers into the other team, most people still stay around and play it.

tn2007

Recent observation/tips:
  1. Those who've played Bazaar Rush with me before - you know how well the MAV + beacon +1 guard setup in 1-B defense works. Please learn to pick that up. The setup work wonders when you have 2 guards from separate squads. However, rarely do you have more than 1 person who want to commit SPM suicide.
  1. I think your mostly right on this. I told seks yesterday that you and seks are the only ones willing to sacrifice your spm to camp B Mcom on grand bazaar. But I remember that game when we had to play against blue and other gaffers. Where someone would smoke that room and than blue would run in, throw c4 in the room, and boom it would clear out. So I think yes we need someone with a beacon and 1-2 ppl inside. But if you don't have someone guarding or pushing the outside rooms your gonna get screwed. Great tactic btw blue since I've never seen anyone do that.

I think your mostly right on this. I told seks yesterday that you and seks are the only ones willing to sacrifice your spm to camp B Mcom on grand bazaar. But I remember that game when we had to play against blue and other gaffers. Where someone would smoke that room and than blue would run in, throw c4 in the room, and boom it would clear out. So I think yes we need someone with a beacon and 1-2 ppl inside. But if you don't have someone guarding or pushing the outside rooms your gonna get screwed. Great tactic btw blue since I've never seen anyone do that.

only bad thing about that tactic is when someone throws a grenade off the wall and scores a triple kill :D

Strife91

Omg such cheaters and scrubs. They boast about how good they are and how they spawn camp everyone, but then they switch over the 2 top players from the other team when they're challenge. LMFAO. That video sealed their fate and all their lies.

How about GAF pay them a visit? :D

Evolved1

I noticed this problem yesterday. Gaffers don't seem to like challenge.

That's not true. Many of us have been playing together for a long time... we like to play together. You know what your buddies are good at, and each other's tendencies. There aren't any shenanigans on any of our servers. Apart from switching teams when spots open. We don't kick players to make room, or force balance.

You join your friend. If you're on the opposite side, you switch if you want, and if it's possible.

It's been this way, with this particular group, since Bad Company.

And sometimes we do play against each other. Happened a few times today even. We used to even schedule matches, but that's difficult to set up. And sometimes (most of the time) there's only a single squad of us on in any given game. So... I think you're a bit off the mark saying we don't like a challenge.

JJD

That's not true. Many of us have been playing together for a long time... we like to play together. You know what your buddies are good at, and each other's tendencies. There aren't any shenanigans on any of our servers. Apart from switching teams when spots open. We don't kick players to make room, or force balance.

You join your friend. If you're on the opposite side, you switch if you want, and if it's possible.

It's been this way, with this particular group, since Bad Company.

And sometimes we do play against each other. Happened a few times today even. We used to even schedule matches, but that's difficult to set up. And sometimes (most of the time) there's only a single squad of us on in any given game. So... I think you're a bit off the mark saying we don't like a challenge.

There's a lot of people who stick to the opposite side. On the top of my mind Catpee, Blue and Kurisub always stays with their team and seem to really enjoy playing against Gaf.

Olimpia switch teams a lot when one side is full of gaffers and the other has only 2 or 3.

This strife dude is talking out of his ass, how many times have you played with the regulars to know how we play or what we do? Before the patch you would have a hard time finding more than 4 gaffers on the same team or playing together at all.

After the patch a lot of people came back and I find that great. There's always someone to join at any hour of the day.

Evolved1

Lol wow. When the one guy said he is surprised they haven't been kicked yet for doing good. Just sad that we have to even think about being kicked from buthurt kids for having a good match. smh at the community.

Yeah that was some unfortunate foreshadowing.

I have to say... I fully support his strategy to turn saboteur when the admin pulled that shit. Too bad he couldn't be subversive enough to actually secure the defeat.

I think the worst part of that vid is the douche at the end trying to say something to the effect: you should be happy we switched you, since you got the win!

Lol.

Evolved1

I'm having fun with this game again... but uh... they didn't nerf flashlightz. Not at all as far as I can tell.

Are there any clans who play for fun and play the objectives even if they're put on different teams? Seems like every clan starts off by saying they just play for fun, but then act like bitches when they lose

I just want a clan who play at regular times :(

JJD

I'm having fun with this game again... but uh... they didn't nerf flashlightz. Not at all as far as I can tell.

Yeah...I didn't notice a flashlight nerf at all.

I was even using one of those tactical pistols on that little handguns only game of ours.

Top Bottom