• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

eek5

oh cool...thanks for the heads up on the AA. Still seems odd to be that big, but oh well. I'm more annoyed that it somehow erased my B2K maps.

FWIW I downloaded all 2 gigs of stuff and played with AA off and still feel the input lag.

200% health on the experimental server doesn't seem to do much.

Also the official server won't be populated if I use the custom preset (since most people set it to normal..)
so I'll have to turn on team balance for now.

oh cool...thanks for the heads up on the AA. Still seems odd to be that big, but oh well. I'm more annoyed that it somehow erased my B2K maps.

it didn't erase B2K. you have to re-download B2K because they fixed some weapon issues with the B2K maps by re-doing the entire expansion pak.

meppi

FWIW I downloaded all 2 gigs of stuff and played with AA off and still feel the input lag.

Hmm, I thought everything was fine at first. Well the first couple of days actually.
But yesterday the controls felt very weird for me again. Not as bad as before, but it was a strange combination of twitchiness and unresponsiveness. How that can happen at the same time, I have no idea. :-/
Something still is off.

How the fuck did the game crash for ALL of us? How is that possible? Fuck you piece of shit frostbite engine

Not the first time I've seen this happen and it won't be the last I guess.
Happened before the patch as well.

JJD

That was bullshit. Our whole squad crashed.

If it wasn't for that we would have won for sure.

I'm getting a to of freezes and lock ups, but at least I managed to play better those last games...

It was annoying getting owned so much.

You were amazing on that Seine game on the tank Boa! You were the biggest responsible for our victory! That game was great!

Rush.
Still so much better than engineer-most-the-time conquest.

Not gonna argue about the engineer, but tell me those Conquest games weren't exciting? It's great playing against strong teams!

JJD

Last 2 round I froze right at the end :(

Yeah, I froze too, but check Battlelog it still counted as a win! :)

Sorry for raging so hard on that Karkand game Ejas, I had the guy disarming the last mcomm on my sights, I started shooting him and some bastard knifed me from the side...

Also, as much as the javelin is really powerful now, I still miss shots with it more than I got hits.

If there's an enemy LAV in a map like Kharg, coming from the sea, it's no use shooting the thing until the enemy arrives at the shore. The javelin will just miss if the LAV is in the water.

On that last game I missed a lot of shots at enemies tanks for no reason at all...they didn't even pop smoke...

I think I will keep using the RPG/SMAW on most maps.

If it wasn't for that we would have won for sure.

I'm getting a to of freezes and lock ups, but at least I managed to play better those last games...

It was annoying getting owned so much.

You were amazing on that Seine game on the tank Boa! You were the biggest responsible for our victory! That game was great!

Not gonna argue about the engineer, but tell me those Conquest games weren't exciting? It's great playing against strong teams!

They were exciting.
However, they're just not exciting to me as rush or bc2 conquest is.
And it pretty much is because bf3 classes are so whack/people are pigeonholed into specific class behaviors. It also doesn't feel as good to me when the other team are just strong because of gimmicks or chopper spamming. They could have possibly won if time wasn't wasted on chasing after people for the knife or camping in obscure locations.

YoungHav

Banned
are people complaining about glitches? B/c I feel like post-patch I have seen more glitches. I played a game and the jets couldn't go past 2mph.

GenericUser

input lag not fixed but problems seem to be significantly reduced. For me, controls definitly feel more responsive. Had the game shelved for month and now I can finally try out b2k.

Woorloog

Banned
360 GAF
I'll be renting a server for a week (may extend if I feel its worth having) whenever this patch rolls around and wanted to get some feedback on the settings

Mode: Normal
Friendly Fire: Off
Kick Idle player after: 300 seconds
Team Balance: Yes
# of TK's before kick: 3
Ban player after number of kicks: 2
Vehicles: Yes
Regenerative health: No
Squad Leader only spawn: Yes
Show Minimap: Yes
Show HUD: Haven't decided, but leaning towards no
Use Minimap spotting: Yes
Use 3D Spotting: No
Killcam: Off

Game mode and rotation will be identical to "Epic Battles", but with 5 flag Wake replacing 3 flag Wake. Normal ticket count.

After the first day or two I'll start mixing it up for the modes/maps rotation.

Looks interesting. Just... i still don't have any idea what 3D spotting is. Is it when you see the marker above spotted enemies or is that tied to HUD? I'd love to play without HUD but with spot markers (on PC, i could do without them), though if they're tied, then HUDless without friendly fire is fine, i guess.

Would play if i had Gold still... the patch didn't come while i still had Gold so i didn't have any reason to extend Gold sub. Maybe i'll re-sub once the patch comes... if it comes...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That was bullshit. Our whole squad crashed.

You are boa?

I have to say man, you're a great tank pilot. I was your gunner for a bit and even though we were kinda rolling the other team, you made really good decisions as far as the approach to crates and such.

I love tank pilots who are clutch around objectives.

Evolved1

Any love for me? -_o

Lol well I'm not going to call you Tank God™ as you've requested... but don't you recall some pages back, I recounted a battle that we had 1v1 in which you handily defeated me? I think I even said "I had no answer" for you that particular round. I still make mistakes now and then in tanks, partly from being rusty, and sometimes because I'm not 100% paying attention after a few hours of gaming, but that particular match you had my number -- despite my best effort.

If I had to say the thing that I'm best at in BF... I'd probably answer tank piloting. No one really intimidates me in a tank 1v1. Even Abu in BC2, who I have a lot of respect for, we battled a couple times and it was pretty evenly matched.

That said, I don't like seeing either you or hunting beast in an opposing tank in BF3. I will usually try to avoid a head on confrontation against either of you. And actually Olimpia has busted my tank a few times as well. Add him to the oh shit list. So, I don't know what else I could say... I think that's pretty high praise. It's a very short list.

U2NUMB

Finally was able to rent a server. Using it to just practice flying around. If anyone wants to also practice flying shoot me a pm and I will get you the info as the server is private.

Boss Man

I would join if I knew how to find the server easily lol.

Any regular gaffer wanna add me so I can join/favorite it? PSN is Malpractice.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
No, lol. I guess I need to find that.
Find? You must be blind

chUJb.jpg

The game has been very frustrating for me since the patch came out. Aiming seems to be worse for me. I've been playing in 480p since day 1 to deal with the input lag and it was working fine. Hasn't been the same since the patch. Also, on most of the private servers, I seem to have horrible hit detection. I get tons of hit markers but the guy turns around and shoots me with 100% health. And then there are the crashes. I love this game, but man it gets frustrating to play.

Evolved1

Why?

EDIT: Because you own them?

Yeah, basically.

But to add a prefix, you access your profile through battlelog. I'm not sure if you need platoon affiliation (i.e. be a member of a platoon) to add its prefix.

Sorry I wasn't much help on the highway rush game.
Dressing up for a wedding + wireless headset battery died = played without sound.

The first set was lost cause no one stayed near the m-com or had motion sensors up.

Second round, I figured I'll just use the mav in the PROPER manner and the team/Olimpia shut them down naturally :)

Evolved1

That reminds me... huge shoutout to you proficient MAV users.

I had a few big games the other day thanks to the spotting... especially a game where we mopped up their final attack because the MAV pilot was lighting up all the attackers for me in the chopper.

That was basically fish in a barrel.

Jas

Yeah, I froze too, but check Battlelog it still counted as a win! :)

Sorry for raging so hard on that Karkand game Ejas, I had the guy disarming the last mcomm on my sights, I started shooting him and some bastard knifed me from the side...

I have plenty of my own moments too, it's why I like playing with people here...you care about winning :)

tn2007

The game has been very frustrating for me since the patch came out. Aiming seems to be worse for me. I've been playing in 480p since day 1 to deal with the input lag and it was working fine. Hasn't been the same since the patch. Also, on most of the private servers, I seem to have horrible hit detection. I get tons of hit markers but the guy turns around and shoots me with 100% health. And then there are the crashes. I love this game, but man it gets frustrating to play.
Are you playing with AA off? What gun and attachments are you using? Because I know they messed up foregrip. Are you being suppressed while firing? How suppression works. I recall you having really good accuracy.

olimpia84

I didn't know GAF had like 3 or 4 servers up, who owns them? Anyways, Wake Island 5 flag Conquest is really fun and it should have been this way from the beginning. No more running for 30 minutes to get from one flag to the other.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I didn't know GAF had like 3 or 4 servers up, who owns them? Anyways, Wake Island 5 flag Conquest is really fun and it should have been this way from the beginning. No more running for 30 minutes to get from one flag to the other.
You can see who owns them in the server info
-
I own 1, Evolved owns 1, Dream owns the 2 official ones...

Gonna let mine die out when it expires

EDIT: I think boa rented 1 too

Top Bottom