• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well, the one thing you can say about Metro... at least there are no jets.

Lakitu

st5fu
So I learned to fly today. How do you hover when you're flying a helicopter though? Tried using a little bird on Damavand Peak but I got fucked up hard because I couldn't aim while flying.

MrBig

So I learned to fly today. How do you hover when you're flying a helicopter though? Tried using a little bird on Damavand Peak but I got fucked up hard because I couldn't aim while flying.

There's no altitude lock like there is in Halo Reach. Angle back to stop your decent, then level off as best you can. Reading the dials that are in front of your face help a lot.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
That metro game was longggggggggg. Also the other team was not that good, and made it feel even longer. I like metro but 1750 ticket metro server no thank you.
118 minutes

Fuck that...( I wasn't there the whole game)

Any change to the ticket amount should change the preset to custom

olimpia84

I was on for most of that game just to get disconnected at the very end >.>
Oh well, at least I got 3 or 4 sniper rifle ribbons out of it and I'm getting close to the medal. Speaking of medals I got the suppression one already...getting those suppression ribbons is damn easy now.

tn2007

118 minutes

Fuck that...( I wasn't there the whole game)

Any change to the ticket amount should change the preset to custom

It was only 61 minutes.

Yeah suppression ribbons are super easy now, and I love it. I still haven't gotten a MCOM defender ribbon though.

tn2007

I was on for most of that game just to get disconnected at the very end >.>
Oh well, at least I got 3 or 4 sniper rifle ribbons out of it and I'm getting close to the medal. Speaking of medals I got the suppression one already...getting those suppression ribbons is damn easy now.

Gulf of Oman is the map I constantly crash on. That map and anytime too much destruction is going on. It's so annoying because usually I'm doing pretty well and boom freeze. Had one each of the last 5 days on Oman.

Mikey Jr.

I like how fucking worthless quickmatch is now with these fucking custom servers.

Me: Lets play some conquest!
/choose conquest quickmatch
/puts me in a 700 ticket wake island only map
Me: ......... Well, quickmatch is dead.

Mikey Jr.

Ohh Dear God, you can't even filter out the official EA servers with normal rules.

This is fucked.

No seriously, what is going on here? How do I play with just the normal rules set/maps?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
1)If anything, GAF matches tends to be less intimidating than playing with randoms, since you can expect your buddies to back you up.

2)There's no specific requirement to fly helo/jets in GAF. Just do what you feel you're best at. The official server is prety much empty most of the time too, so feel free to practice your flying there.

3)Knifing is only a straight kill when done from behind.

4)My most played class is recon. I don't have a single sniper kill, and I can't snipe for the life of me. Don't ignore the class as if it's sniping only.

1) yeah, but I feel maybe I should prep a bit more and knowing all the maps before that.
2) well I'd like to try at the least for the sake of it, I didn't know there was a non-protected PS3 GAF server that you can play on without needing to join another gaffer. I'm not in the clan, and the OP crashes my phone so I'll look at it later from home if there's info about how to join the server.
3) gotcha, that's what I suspected, so I don't need to press R2 for longer but just the usual fast click will do if I'm behind? What about prone enemies?
4)That's pretty cool to know, I'll definitely try recon now.

Thanks) :)

Mikey Jr.

Check the server owner

Wait, I have to go into each server and check them 1 by 1?

There used to be so many DICE servers.

Wow, fuck this game now. Seriously. On the PS3, the server browser is full of "only this map" or "1000% tickets".

Even quick match is now useless.

What the fuck just happened? Quick match just randomly chooses one of these browsers now? It does't even bother putting you in a normal server?

This is fucking terrible. Why is no one talking about this?

edit: Wow, quickmatch just put me in a game with 1200 tickets.

Wow, fuck this game now. Seriously. On the PS3, the server browser is full of "only this map" or "1000% tickets".

What the fuck just happened? Quick match just randomly chooses one of these browsers now? It does't even bother putting you in a normal server?

I would say give it a week for the official servers to pop back up in the list. I just tried searching for one and yeah, zero lol

Overdoziz

Banned

edit: Wow, quickmatch just put me in a game with 1200 tickets.
Go to server browser.
Look for Epic Battles server.
Win.

Mikey Jr.

I know, I know.

I am honestly puzzled here. Has EA said anything about this? I just browsed through 17 pages of servers and did not find 1 official server.

Even servers that said "normal" or whatever had normal rules, but they are either a mix of rush and CQ, or they don't have all the maps.

I have not found 1 normal server.

Go to server browser.
Look for Epic Battles server.
Win.

This works to a degree. Except all the dice servers are jumbled up too.

-I want a server that plays only CQ, and has ALL the maps. This does NOT exist.

-I want a server that plays RUSH only and has ALL the maps. This does not exist.

-There is not filters for search. So I have to make sure that I am not being put into a European game.

What a God damn clusterfuck.

Majanew

Banned
Are you serious? That damn thing can take out a helicopter in one shot, if the pilot has no idea how to land it. I tried using it to see how effective it was; you're pretty much guaranteed a kill on it now.

How about you read everything I wrote? That's if you can get it to lock on. And the helo can still avoid it because he has countermeasures when you're locked on/shot the stinger.

Jas

I see the squad system still works great when joining a server...

Sorry tn2007, didn't feel like dealing with it.

jacobs34

I purchased the Back to Karkand Maps tonight but they are not showing up when I search for a game online, is there something I'm missing?

MechDX

Dang. I need to get away from MW3 for a while and thought about picking this game up and I see all these issues. ...sigh

Would I be at a REALLY big disadvantage getting into the game this late?

Majanew

Banned
Dang. I need to get away from MW3 for a while and thought about picking this game up and I see all these issues. ...sigh

As much as this game can make me rage (lol), I still have fun and am addicted. Give it a try. Select -[DICE]- Epic Battles server and have a blast.

Besides air vehicles, not really.

It's the same as CoD now...(urgh). You'll just miss out on some guns and kits in the beginning. The starter weapons are all fine on their own though.

It really depends on how you want to approach the game overall though.
(KDR? wins? vehicle focused? Infantry focused?)

Dash Kappei

WTF.
Quickmatch put me in a RUSH map with I dunno how many tickets (I used to think that RUSH mode was always gonna have 100 tickets for the attackers no matter what? Obviously not) but goddamn we were going for 60 minutes (the hell, these are "quick"matches?!) I actually managed to do my best game ever (which is not much since I suck), even an incredible (for me) 3 kill streak on 3 (!) minichopper thingie (dunno the name, lol) EACH one of them with 3 guys on board with my trusty MAW, which is like winning the lottery for a newbie: finally the match come to an end (we lost) and... disconnected. So I didn't get SHIT. No points boost, no ribbons, stats... Nada.
This was super frustrating. First time it happens (got disconnected 3 times in 9 hours of MP but always after 5 minutes or so) and yet it's already putting me off the game, if something like this happens again, I might give up already. It's already difficult enough playing with people who've got the best weapons/perks and shit AND are very skilled, coming to BF3 this late into the game, but going out empty handed after 80 minutes with that performance... I'll be playing with that bug in mind from now on, with the fear of "EA servers not available". Ugh. :/

Yeah, cryin' like a bitch -_-

/rant

tn2007

I see the squad system still works great when joining a server...

Sorry tn2007, didn't feel like dealing with it.

Don't worry about it dude, it's all good. Sorry about the disconnect on Gulf of Oman. I think we would of won if the game didn't freeze. It didn't even let me switch teams either.

On an other note it took me 343 hours and 23 minutes but I have FINALLY made it to the 2.0 K/D ratio club woo woo!!

Awesome sauce!!

WTF.
Quickmatch put me in a RUSH map with I dunno how many tickets (I used to think that RUSH mode was always gonna have 100 tickets for the attackers no matter what? Obviously not) but goddamn we were going for 60 minutes (the hell, these are "quick"matches?!) I actually managed to do my best game ever (which is not much since I suck), even an incredible (for me) 3 kill streak on 3 (!) minichopper thingie (dunno the name, lol) EACH one of them with 3 guys on board with my trusty MAW, which is like winning the lottery for a newbie: finally the match come to an end (we lost) and... disconnected. So I didn't get SHIT. No points boost, no ribbons, stats... Nada.
This was super frustrating. First time it happens (got disconnected 3 times in 9 hours of MP but always after 5 minutes or so) and yet it's already putting me off the game, if something like this happens again, I might give up already. It's already difficult enough playing with people who've got the best weapons/perks and shit AND are very skilled, coming to BF3 this late into the game, but going out empty handed after 80 minutes with that performance... I'll be playing with that bug in mind from now on, with the fear of "EA servers not available". Ugh. :/

Yeah, cryin' like a bitch -_-

/rant

as long as it's you that got disconnected and not the server that crashed, you still get everything you earned before the disconnect.

Facism

Kicked from my first server lol 24/7 Metro dominating with the SKS and iron sights :D

If there's one thing you learn about battlefield server admins it's that they're all supremely cuntish. Little tyrant babbies who throw their toys out of the pram and want to control everything.

Then again most of these servers have no communities built up around them, so these admins with small-dick syndrome get away with bullshit bans.

Majanew

Banned
Don't worry about it dude, it's all good. Sorry about the disconnect on Gulf of Oman. I think we would of won if the game didn't freeze. It didn't even let me switch teams either.

On an other note it took me 343 hours and 23 minutes but I have FINALLY made it to the 2.0 K/D ratio club woo woo!!

Awesome sauce!!

Awesome. Mine's 1.08

Just proud of myself it's a 1. I was a 0.70 something in BC2.

I like the custom servers but they are a bit overboard with them. The search functionality needs to give us more finite control.

The attack Heli's now have the structural density of an eggshell. They are too easy to take down and take too long to respawn.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I like the custom servers but they are a bit overboard with them. The search functionality needs to give us more finite control.

The attack Heli's now have the structural density of an eggshell. They are too easy to take down and take too long to respawn.

They will be fine once DICE lets us turn off the pointless, OP jets.

DICE... I beg you. Your initial instincts were correct: consoles don't have enough players to support the jets -- they're detrimental to balance, my enjoyment, and the feeling of a hectic battlefield. The maps feel empty. The jets are poorly implemented.

Dakar

Banned
I can't believe DICE didn't add a filter for official servers. It's like they wanted to make sure they still had a boneheaded feature now that they patched quitting between matches.

Also, I'm of the opinion Quickmatch should only put you in official servers. Seems like you're risking a poor gaming experience for casual players otherwise.

---

Jumped on whoever on here rented a server and was running Wake 5 Flag 24/7.

The new balance of SMAWs destroying helis in one hit is almost cruel when an enemy jacks the Airfield heli and I immediately rocket them in retaliation from 10 ft. away.

Renewed the official gaf server for another month.
Feel free to change the map rotations when rebel's server dies out.
(seems like people prefer all-conquest or all-rush instead of mixed)

Dash Kappei

as long as it's you that got disconnected and not the server that crashed, you still get everything you earned before the disconnect.

How do I know which one of the two happened to me?
I sure as shit didn't get anything, my stats (non battlelog) are the same and the classes didn't get any boost.

I got booted of, it said EA servers are not available and the battlelog feed said NO FEED in red.

Top Bottom