• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

-Silver-

How about you read everything I wrote? That's if you can get it to lock on. And the helo can still avoid it because he has countermeasures when you're locked on/shot the stinger.
I did, I simply quoted what I disagreed with the most. I never had a problem with the locking on so I can't comment on that. As for countermeasures, they're not much of a problem, ECM doesn't last very long at all and as long as you don't shoot your SAM as soon as it locks on, it'll still be locked on after the Heli flares.

How do I know which one of the two happened to me?
I sure as shit didn't get anything, my stats (non battlelog) are the same and the classes didn't get any boost.

I got booted of, it said EA servers are not available and the battlelog feed said NO FEED in red.

Well, the question that remains is, did you play on an unranked server?

Mikey Jr.

So yeah..

Quickmatch now gets me 700 ticket TDM games and there's seemingly no way to turn custom servers 'off' in search.

What.

I know. Its fucked. I ranted about it a few posts up.

Quickmatch should put you in a normal dice server. Not some horseshit they pick from the server lists randomly. Its moronic. I got put into a 1200 CQ match via quickmatch.

1200 fucking tickets.

Not only that, when you go to filter, you cant filter out peoples custom servers. The vast majority of them are either ones with ticket counts that are super high, or ticket counts that are reasonable, but only play a few select maps, or if they have all the maps, the modes are a mix of rush and CQ.

Fucking terrible.

You can go to search and put in "[DICE]" and it will give you Dice servers there, but there are absolutely no filters in there. So they show servers from NA, Europe, and Asia all mixed together. Not only that, but none of the servers have ALL the maps. They are broken up into Karkand or no Karkand.

What were they smoking when they came up with this?

But you can filter by specific maps and specific gametype(s)... I did it last night to avoid B2K maps and also to play on servers running CQ and TDM only.

Edit: hmmm.. I went to browse servers though. Not sure how the search function works. You might be right there.

Mikey Jr.

But you can filter by specific maps and specific gametype(s)... I did it last night to avoid B2K maps and also to play on servers running CQ and TDM only.

Edit: hmmm.. I went to browse servers though. Not sure how the search function works. You might be right there.

When you use search, you cant do jack shit. You just have to manually search each server.

If you use the normal browser, you can filter, but you cant filter out custom servers, and no DICE servers ever pop up.

Its one big clusterfuck.

edit: Also, you cant filter servers that ONLY have CQ or Rush. All the filter does it search servers that are CURRENTLY playing the mode. The same thing goes for maps.

Fowler

I set up my own server on 360 to play with friends and I can't connect to it. "Check your network settings" etc. Sad face.

Mikey Jr.

You can play on my server Mickey
(assuming you're on PS3)

It won't have All the maps though.

Is it the "official" neogaf server.

Cause I have that one in my favourites. (I have no idea if its official or not, but it did say official)

I liked it if that was it. Not a fan of mixing CQ and Rush, but it was enjoyable.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Is it the "official" neogaf server.

Cause I have that one in my favourites. (I have no idea if its official or not, but it did say official)

I liked it if that was it. Not a fan of mixing CQ and Rush, but it was enjoyable.

Nope, That's dream's. Mine has my Neogaf username in the server title.

It's a lite mix of CQ & CQA

Mikey Jr.

Nope, That's dream's. Mine has my Neogaf username in the server title.

It's a lite mix of CQ & CQA

Whats the server name? Does it have neogaf in it? I'll add it.

Btw, what is with the different modes having icons beside them? Like it will show conquest, then a fast forward or play button next to it.

Dakar

Banned
That reminds me, last night while I was playing one of the points in conquest showed the Squad leader star followed by a two (both squad text colored). Anyone know what that signifies? Never ever seen anything like it previously.

Oh wow! Downloaded the update and really surprised by how much more fun the game feels - just with the addition of personal servers.

Does GAF have an official one up at present? (360)

olimpia84

Guys, were you purposely trying to lose that rush defense game because of the absurd high ticket count set by the server? I'm asking because out of 12 people in our team I was the only one staying back to defend the mcoms.

Rebel Leader

Whats the server name? Does it have neogaf in it? I'll add it.

Btw, what is with the different modes having icons beside them? Like it will show conquest, then a fast forward or play button next to it.

Yes, It has neogaf in it

I believe
> means currently playing
>> Next Map

Rebel Leader

That reminds me, last night while I was playing one of the points in conquest showed the Squad leader star followed by a two (both squad text colored). Anyone know what that signifies? Never ever seen anything like it previously.
If it is what I think it is....
It would signify (If people used it correctly) How many squad members will head to that point

Overdoziz

Banned
It shows how many squad leaders want you to defend/attack a certain objective. They can do this by looking at the objective and pressing back/select.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Guys, were you purposely trying to lose that rush defense game because of the absurd high ticket count set by the server? I'm asking because out of 12 people in our team I was the only one staying back to defend the mcoms.

We should play later... win some games.

Silly Olimpia.
The best defense is a good offense.
The team probably lost because you weren't out there in the front mowing people down.

Think about it, the enemy would never have gotten through if you were up in in their spawn, knocking people down.
Yet, instead you wasted valuable team resource by "defending the m-com".

Why can't you be more like other players and be obsessed and watch over vehicles instead? Look at all of them running out the base just to take out an insignificant tank. That's true teamwork right there.

geez.

/sarcasm

No_Style

I just got around to playing a few rounds last night with the new patch. Anyone noticing a difference with the AA vs No AA option? I believe there's a slight improvement in framerate and/or input response, but that could just be me having been away from the game for quite some time.

I do notice the difference in clarity between the two settings with regards to texture quality though.

I just got around to playing a few rounds last night with the new patch. Anyone noticing a difference with the AA vs No AA option? I believe there's a slight improvement in framerate and/or input response, but that could just be me having been away from the game for quite some time.

I do notice the difference in clarity between the two settings with regards to texture quality though.

I tried it on an empty server.
When going from AA off to AA on, there's a slight but obvious increase in lag. You probably won't notice it as much in terms of movement, but it's really obvious when switching between ironsight and not. With AA off the switching into ironsight feels instant, with AA on you'll see the slight "pause" before going to the ironsights.

Mikey Jr.

I haven't been in this thread but just came to say this custom/personal server thing is complete and utter horseshit.

It is a double edged sword for me.

Honestly, if they made quickmatch put you in normal servers, and an ability to filter out non-official DICE servers, then I would be happy.

TCRS

Banned
What have they done to the mortars? I can understand not being able to mortar in the base, but why make it so slow and inaccurate? It's not like it's a full on barrage, it's only one grenade. Lame.

U2NUMB

I haven't been in this thread but just came to say this custom/personal server thing is complete and utter horseshit.

Whats the concern? My friends and I run 2 on the 360 and one on the PS3.. are pretty much always full. Fairly normal settings for both game types so maybe that is why. When we get on we have 5 -6 people in our crew and have never banned anyone. We will move you to the other team if we want to get our group together but that does not even count as a death.

Just find the good private servers with good admins and favorite them.

Dakar

Banned
You know what might be handy? If there was a list of the custom servers people here are renting for the PS3 & 360, possibly in the OP.

You know what might be handy? If there was a list of the custom servers people here are renting for the PS3 & 360, possibly in the OP.

People read the OP? could have fooled me.

I'll get to it later tonight (ps3 only, unless someone on the 360 side want to organize that info.)

OP edited with PS3 info.

U2NUMB

Im thinking even a google docs with the links to sigs for the servers from BF3stats.com

You can get graphics like this which will change their name if the admin changes things on the fly.
This is our rush server on the 360.. we have a conquest on both platforms which stays full most of the time also. Just gotta not be dick admins and people stick around.

12259da8-f20e-44c1-851d-d7a1c5def27f.png

Dabanton

No more MAV riding and you can feel the matches have changed already.

Adore the SOFLAM took two matches before my teammates caught onto the fact that it meant easy kills for them. Operation Firestorm was a bloodbath i loved how mad it got the enemy team as i gave them no respite. They sent copters and planes to try and shoot it. In the end one of them rammed his jet into the cliff to destroy it. But by them it was too late we had over run them lol.

Rebel Leader

Adore the SOFLAM took two matches before my teammates caught onto the fact that it meant easy kills for them. Operation Firestorm was a bloodbath i loved how mad it got the enemy team as i gave them no respite. They sent copters and planes to try and shoot it. In the end one of them rammed his jet into the cliff to destroy it. But by them it was too late we had over run them lol.

ummmm.... yeah....about that

xclaw

You might want to lay down for this one.

Whats the concern? My friends and I run 2 on the 360 and one on the PS3.. are pretty much always full. Fairly normal settings for both game types so maybe that is why. When we get on we have 5 -6 people in our crew and have never banned anyone. We will move you to the other team if we want to get our group together but that does not even count as a death.

Just find the good private servers with good admins and favorite them.

it does end kill streaks and nullifies progress toward kill ribbons and nemesis ribbons though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-AcVGCccY

BoatAck

I was trying to steal the tank and bring it back to defend the mcom(s).

JJD

Haven't played in awhile. I hate high tickets matches, and people seem to be playing Metro non stop lately so I took a time from the game.

And I just got ME3, so I might stay away from BF3 for quite some time now, but if I see you guys playing on other maps I might jump in!

I'll be on from about 715pm on tonight PST.

Gamertag: Khalifa Jayy

Send me a message. I'm going to start purging my FL since its basically full of CoD players.

anyone else getting this 'lag triangle' that stops you from moving and doesn't go away until you die or suicide?

qPRo6.jpg

or sometimes just doesn't go away even after that?

Boss Man

I love when people hop into a vehicle that I'm repairing and act like I'm going to sit there and fix it for them after they just stole it. Especially when it's an enemy's vehicle that I just disabled. Let me have my spoils!

Add me too!

Gamertag: CriscoGiant

Just got a server today as well, so come play and feel free to throw some map/server setting suggestions.

Top Bottom