• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Scapegoat

I love when people hop into a vehicle that I'm repairing and act like I'm going to sit there and fix it for them after they just stole it. Especially when it's an enemy's vehicle that I just disabled. Let me have my spoils!
Not speaking for everyone of coarse but I often jump into an empty vehicle someone is repairing so that they get the repair bonus points.

I love when people hop into a vehicle that I'm repairing and act like I'm going to sit there and fix it for them after they just stole it. Especially when it's an enemy's vehicle that I just disabled. Let me have my spoils!

I do this to prevent the enemy from stealing the vehicle while you're repairing. I'll usually jump into the gunner seat, and once you're done I'll jump out or just stay in the gunner seat.

If I leave you repairing an empty vehicle the bad guys can come and steal it. One of the golden rules of battlefield is don't let the enemy steal your shit.

Dabanton

ummmm.... yeah....about that

You might want to lay down for this one.

brandojbd78.gif

Lol playing since the patch i haven't actually seen any which is weird maybe people assumed it was out.

Also a lot of servers i go onto have a "no camping" rule which MAV riders due to their role need to do, so maybe they avoid those servers.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Also a lot of servers i go onto have a "no camping" rule which MAV riders due to their role need to do, so maybe they avoid those servers.[/QUOTE]

So... They'll ban Defenders on Rush? =3

Campers...Really? Campers rarely move so If you know their location, It's not that hard killing them....Unless they are on rooftops

Dabanton

So... They'll ban Defenders on Rush? =3

Campers...Really? Campers rarely move so If you know their location, It's not that hard killing them....Unless they are on rooftops

That was my logic as well. If people aren't defending what should they be doing running around like idiots? I prefer to stake a point out that i know the enemy will be paying a visit to and protecting it. If that's considered 'camping' so be it.

Some asshole on my own team killed me the other day because i was lying on the ground lighting up targets for my team on the SOFLAM.

People on roofs etc will get me once but if they remain (which they usually do) i'll spot them for my team and attempt to make them hunker down instead of sniping, usually a rocket their way dispatches them as that part of the building collapses.

My annoyance with MAV riders is not the act, it's the fact that at the height of it's popularity you sometimes had 4-5 members of any given team on a roof 'sniping' while the enemy is trampling our ass.

Majanew

Banned
Did they remove Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula from Epic Battles?

Looks like they did. :(
Why ruin a good thing, DICE? FFS. B2K only now throws me into RUSH so I can't play only those maps, and now Epic Battles has two great maps taken out of rotation.

Boss Man

I do this to prevent the enemy from stealing the vehicle while you're repairing. I'll usually jump into the gunner seat, and once you're done I'll jump out or just stay in the gunner seat.

If I leave you repairing an empty vehicle the bad guys can come and steal it. One of the golden rules of battlefield is don't let the enemy steal your shit.
If only this was the intention of more than 1 out of 20 people.

Dabanton

Just had an epic 82 min Conquest match hardcore settings on Gulf Of Oman.

I have to say in the litany of shit DICE/EA have shovelled down our throats letting people do their 'own' servers is brilliant. I'm beginning to already see communities form on particular servers and the level of play has risen as well.

Lots of good players on the hardcore servers.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Just had an epic 82 min Conquest match hardcore settings on Gulf Of Oman.

I have to say in the litany of shit DICE/EA have shovelled down our throats letting people do their 'own' servers is brilliant. I'm beginning to already see communities form on particular servers and the level of play has risen as well.

Lots of good players on the hardcore servers.

>_>

Not speaking for everyone of coarse but I often jump into an empty vehicle someone is repairing so that they get the repair bonus points.

this.

if a random jumps into a vehicle i'm repairing, unless it's the AA vehicle (which is only one seat anyway) i'll go to 100% and give them the benefit of the doubt. quite a few times, they were doing the same thing, at least i assume they were. usually, when i finish repairing they either hop out or are already in the passenger seat. when i hop in and i'm not in the drivers seat, i immediately get out, and most of the time they've already changed seats when i get back in.

brandojbd78.gif

Lol playing since the patch i haven't actually seen any which is weird maybe people assumed it was out.

Also a lot of servers i go onto have a "no camping" rule which MAV riders due to their role need to do, so maybe they avoid those servers.
it's a lot harder to do now. you have to be prone in the perfect position on the MAV or else it either destroys itself or doesn't move.

olimpia84

Yesterday, joined a Conquest game (op firestorm) through quickmatch. The server banner says 'friendly community please bookmark this server as favorite blah blah'. Anyways I hop on the chopper and start doing really well...took both their choppers down, disabled some tanks then I get kicked out by an admin. So much for being a 'friendly' community.

olimpia84

I would like to play with GAF but..... for the past few days... Some of you have been in high ticket games >_>

It's nearly impossible not to anymore. Any type of game you join puts you into a ridiculous high ticket count game. This whole create your own server screwed the game up really bad. Is there any way to easily join the EA/DICE servers? (ie not searching through the browser?)

Shadybiz

90 minute game of Conquest yesterday. C'mon son..

Yes...as happy as I am about the Party system being basically fixed, I am not thrilled with this high-ticket count stuff. Maybe I don't want to be stuck in the Canals for over an hour. There should be an option for quick match to search for DICE only servers, or something like that.

It's nearly impossible not to anymore. Any type of game you join puts you into a ridiculous high ticket count game. This whole create your own server screwed the game up really bad. Is there any way to easily join the EA/DICE servers? (ie not searching through the browser?)

You know we still have our own/rebel leader's server right?

Dabanton

I just realised i haven't played a match in Metro since last december.

I just had BTK maps,Caspian and Firestorm as my selected maps.

Wow today was my first time playing since the patch and my FAMAS seems useless now :/ 25+1 mag size and it seems harder to control as well. I know it was OP but damn.

Also my gamertag is le schwab 117 if anyone wants to add me :) I'm down to play anything as long as it isn't a 1000 ticket conquest match.

Woorloog

Banned
What would you like to see? I plan on changing it up tonight or early tomorrow.

3rd re-write of this post...
A mix of Conquest and Rush, both larger and smaller maps, the best of the best, yes? No HUD, no Friendly Fire but not Hardcore mode either, is that possible? Or does that prevent the game from being ranked? Preferrably with settings or something that allows playing Assault/Support class on vehicle maps without screwing up the game.
Too often i feel i need to be an Engineer to have a fighting chance even though i prefer Assault so much more. Though maybe this is more about the players than the settings? Or maybe this is an issue on 360 due to lower player count?

lol

So I can't restart my server because 3 people are in there messing around and when I try to join to kick them (already asked them to leave and rejoin if they'd like) I get stuck in the loading screen. You have the ability to ban people from the main menu, but not kick!?

DICE

or

EA

Edit: Finally got in and booted EVERYONE :D

New server name should make it easy to find. Custom servers do not get populated by Quick Match players, so in an attempt to have a busy room I've left the presets on Normal. Ticket counts on normal as well.

Best CQ and Rush Mix -GAF-

Kharg Island CQ
Sharqi Pennisula Rush
Caspian Border CQ
Strike at Karkand Rush
Operation Firestorm CQ
Seine Crossing Rush
Gulf of Oman CQ
Operation Metro Rush
Wake Island Day 2 CQA
Tehran Highway Rush
Noshar Canals CQ

Suggestions/feedback let me know

Woorloog

Banned
New server name should make it easy to find. Custom servers do not get populated by Quick Match players, so in an attempt to have a busy room I've left the presets on Normal. Ticket counts on normal as well.

Kharg Island CQ
Sharqi Pennisula Rush
Caspian Border CQ
Strike at Karkand Rush Why no conquest too?
Operation Firestorm CQ NOO! Horrible map
Seine Crossing Rush NOO! Horrible map
Gulf of Oman CQ 3 or 4 flag variant? 4 flag is far better
Operation Metro Rush
Wake Island Day 2 CQA
Tehran Highway Rush
Noshar Canals CQ

Suggestions/feedback let me know

Even though i call Seine and Firestorm horrible, i can play them. Neither map is good for anything IMO.
As i noted, i'd love to see Karkand Conquest (3 or 5 flag, i don't care).
One or Two rounds per map?
Looks good overall.

And a question:
Is Noshar Canal Rush still broken due to Tunguska-M? IIRC it is pretty nice map for Rush if the AAA doesn't ruin everything.

New server name

Why no conquest too?

I'll change that to Conquest and add Damavand Rush.

NOO! Horrible map
NOO! Horrible map

Im not too fond of Seine or Firestorm myself. I may remove them.

Gulf of Oman CQ 3 or 4 flag variant? 4 flag is far better

4 Flag :)

And a question:
Is Noshar Canal Rush still broken due to Tunguska-M? IIRC it is pretty nice map for Rush if the AAA doesn't ruin everything.

I haven't played Canal Rush post-update, but I would guess it is.

I have set to one round at the moment.

Woorloog

Banned
Now all we need is some players. I hate ticket counts above normal limit and it seems every server has 2-300% more tickets...

Even though i call Seine and Firestorm horrible, i can play them. Neither map is good for anything IMO.
As i noted, i'd love to see Karkand Conquest (3 or 5 flag, i don't care).
Looks good overall.

And a question:

AA tank is pretty nerfed vs infantry now, takes like 4x as long to kill people.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Seriously, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that flying vehicles are so OP now after the most recent patch. One strafing run or maybe a half-strafe disables and destroys a tank? WTF?!

I'm glad that Alan Kertz seems to agree that they need to give this another look. Seriously, if Gustav Halling is the one in charge now and he thinks this is fun...then I shudder to think what other things he considers "fun."

Mind you, I'm not saying make tanks invincible, but people are getting pissed at flying vehicles enough as it is. I can't even tell you many times I've heard people say they're going to stop playing since flying vehicles are annoying as fuck. When someone or a duo go 30-0 and more on games simply because they're killing everyone on the ground, then you know you have a problem.

Oh, and don't tell me that SOFLAM, ATGM that bitch up. Yeah, like randoms do that. Sheesh.

Menelaus

Banned
Woot, got a 360 server. Running Conquest with stock gameplay options and tickets, full name is:

-The Mob- Classic gameplay conquest server

Add it as a fav!

Boss Man

Seriously, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that flying vehicles are so OP now after the most recent patch. One strafing run or maybe a half-strafe disables and destroys a tank? WTF?!

I'm glad that Alan Kertz seems to agree that they need to give this another look. Seriously, if Gustav Halling is the one in charge now and he thinks this is fun...then I shudder to think what other things he considers "fun."

Mind you, I'm not saying make tanks invincible, but people are getting pissed at flying vehicles enough as it is. I can't even tell you many times I've heard people say they're going to stop playing since flying vehicles are annoying as fuck. When someone or a duo go 30-0 and more on games simply because they're killing everyone on the ground, then you know you have a problem.

Oh, and don't tell me that SOFLAM, ATGM that bitch up. Yeah, like randoms do that. Sheesh.
Stupid question,but who is Alan Kertz?

Air vehicles are quite overpowered. Honestly, I think jets are the worst. With an unskilled pilot, they're annoying and nearly impossible to take down. Just flying around all match and getting on your nerves. With a skilled pilot, they're nearly game-breaking. They can take anything out, and nothing can take them out.

I think there needs to be something to counter jets. Helicopters are powerful, but you can take them out- and jets just steamroll them. Jets are powerful, and you can't really do shit about it.

There definitely needs to be some counter to jets, or maybe just a change to how easy it is to avoid getting shot down. I think it would be cool if the pilot slowly lost health when throttling (more if boosting, or ascending/descending quickly). As it stands now, they can just out-pace your missiles then turn right back around and kill you.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Stupid question,but who is Alan Kertz?

Air vehicles are quite overpowered. Honestly, I think jets are the worst. With an unskilled pilot, they're annoying and nearly impossible to take down. Just flying around all match and getting on your nerves. With a skilled pilot, they're nearly game-breaking. They can take anything out, and nothing can take them out.

I think there needs to be something to counter jets. Helicopters are powerful, but you can take them out- and jets just steamroll them. Jets are powerful, and you can't really do shit about it.

There definitely needs to be some counter to jets, or maybe just a change to how easy it is to avoid getting shot down. I think it would be cool if the pilot slowly lost health when throttling (more if boosting, or ascending/descending quickly). As it stands now, they can just out-pace your missiles then turn right back around and kill you.

Oops! Sorry, should have been more clearer regarding names and whatnot. :)

Alan Kertz was the senior gameplay designer on BF3. Earlier this year, he vacated that post to work on "other projects" within DICE and left the patches, updates, etc. to Gustav Halling and Tim Kjell.

In all honesty though, while Kertz was often accused of trolling BF fans, he does know his stuff.

Yep, I agree. Flying vehicles are so OP now that they're game-breaking. Why on earth would I drive a tank when I know one strafing run will kill me? Same with choppers. Give each vehicles pros and cons. For flying vehicles, the only "con" is that you need to learn to fly them...after that, you're like Chuck Norris with wings.

It's not like they're easy to shoot down either. Heck, oftentimes, I wonder how on earth I could have missed a chopper that's flying low. In a word, it's very annoying.

In rather good news, Kertz agrees with this sentiment after hearing the outcry of complaints from fans. He admits that tanks might have been nerfed a tad too much in comparison to jets.

If you want to give it a listen, Kertz was a guest on BF fan-site Don't Revive Me Bro. Give the podcast a listen to see what he thinks should be addressed in the next patch...overall I agree with his sentiments. It's just annoying that we have to wait weeks, if not months for another update.

Menelaus

Banned
Woot, got a 360 server. Running Conquest with stock gameplay options and tickets, full name is:

-The Mob- Classic gameplay conquest server

Add it as a fav!

I should have mentioned, if you want me to add you as a VIP on this, just shoot me a PM with your gamertag or post it here.

Top Bottom