• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im truly surprised about how bad i am at this game.

I used to rock on BFBC2 ;__;

Menelaus

Banned
So are there any GAF servers on 360 yet?

I rented one yesterday, and it's currently set to stock options, 24/7 conquest. Just search "the mob" in game, it's the only one.

You can shoot me a PM or post your gamertag here and i'll put you on the VIP list!

Menelaus

Banned
Finally updated in the database, everyone add this to your favs and shoot me your gamertag so I can reserve a slot for you.

MattDoza

smh @ people disguising their server as an official "[DICE]" server.

And now I find an actual official server, and I freeze upon joining. Great.

Boatack are you trolling me?
please give me an explanation why you are so far away from the objective where people can't even spawn on you?

Why in the world do I have to take out 5 guys by an m-com by myself?

I'm being trolled aren't I?
Did someone steal your account?

nm, knicks won, no care anymore, whoo

JJD

Im truly surprised about how bad i am at this game.

I used to rock on BFBC2 ;__;

It's the controls man! You have to get used to then! You're just not playing enough (or maybe you're playing when I'm not online!) I used to see you all the time playing BC2, but I rarely see you on BF3!

Hopefully there won't be any more readjustments after the last patch.

BoatAck

Boatack are you trolling me?
please give me an explanation why you are so far away from the objective where people can't even spawn on you?

Why in the world do I have to take out 5 guys by an m-com by myself?

I'm being trolled aren't I?
Did someone steal your account?

nm, knicks won, no care anymore, whoo

Yeah, I was spawning a little far from the m-com, but I was running towards it. Its just...I got killed is all. I didn't know you couldn't spawn on me.

Don't know why I'm enjoying Metro so much. Used to hate it but play it almost exclusive now. It seems like one of the few maps where the score can change pretty quickly if you don't take care of B Flag. Also been using shotguns lately but haven't touched frag rounds. Don't see many people using it after the last patch.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It's the controls man! You have to get used to then! You're just not playing enough (or maybe you're playing when I'm not online!) I used to see you all the time playing BC2, but I rarely see you on BF3!

Hopefully there won't be any more readjustments after the last patch.
BTW do you guys use the default control sensitivity?

LOLZ the game just froze on 'Loading' * Shakes fist *

Lakitu

st5fu
I rented one yesterday, and it's currently set to stock options, 24/7 conquest. Just search "the mob" in game, it's the only one.

You can shoot me a PM or post your gamertag here and i'll put you on the VIP list!

Thanks! Not on until tomorrow but my gamertag is HiroP1.

Menelaus

Banned
I'm gonna hop in our xbox server and see if I can't get it populated...the more the merrier!

bf34fd0a-501e-4672-98fe-69a51ce6f636.png

Surpression is fucking annoying. Also that huge empty map with a few highrise cranes and some buildings and pipes in the middle is GARBAGE for foot infantry. Worst map ever.

MrBig

I enjoy what suppression brings to a game like battlefield, but I play as support. I feel like I get rewarded (not necessarily with points) for popping out and just spraying down a hallway in Metro or any small area to let my squad move up. If there was no suppresion mechanic they could just keep popping out as I miss and take off shots, just like in any other game. Makes sense for snipers as well. For rifles and the rest during normal gameplay, it shouldn't be there in theory, but honestly I don't feel that it is strong enough to distract me during firefights/duals.

360 version, one step less than default, i think.

Default is about a quarter of full sensitivity, which is just unbearable in a twitch shooter like BF. How do you manage it? I have mine just a bit over half to max.

Menelaus

Banned
360 players, do you normally play at certain times? I'd love to get the server populated tonight. I'm generally on around 8pm CST.

meppi

360 players, do you normally play at certain times? I'd love to get the server populated tonight. I'm generally on around 8pm CST.

I'd join if I had the game.
Made the switch to 360 and have been playing a ton of older games. Making my way through GOW2 and loving horde mode craziness as well as really loving Bad Company 2 again. :)
If I can pick up a sub €20 copy of BF3, I'll jump back in. €25 tops, as the game isn't worth much more than that to me...
I usually play mostly between 10PM-1AM CET during the week.

Dabanton

Surpression is fucking annoying. Also that huge empty map with a few highrise cranes and some buildings and pipes in the middle is GARBAGE for foot infantry. Worst map ever.

Operation Firestorm?

Yeah i go hot and cold on that map. The only good thing is it gives me long sight-lines for setting up my SOFLAM

Dakar

Banned
I should be around. I'll check the server when I log tonight.

Operation Firestorm?

Yeah i go hot and cold on that map. The only good thing is it gives me long sight-lines for setting up my SOFLAM
Sounds like Op Firestorm. That map suffers from way too many vehicles for the console player count. Though, hilariously there will almost always be tanks for you waiting in spawn since there's always idiots camping the Viper or sniping from the roof of B or hanging around C. I'm not fond of the way it or Kharg tend to play out.

Woorloog

Banned
Default is about a quarter of full sensitivity, which is just unbearable in a twitch shooter like BF. How do you manage it? I have mine just a bit over half to max.

Twitch shooter? This is more of a tactical shooter. Default -1 allows very good accuracy at mid range. At close range i'm the attacker or i will die, so fast sensitivity does not matter. Besides, 360 controller sticks are way too inaccurate and crappy and tend to favor one direction or other or they get "stuck" to one direction (eg you slowly turn left constantly), which makes fast sensitivity problematic. I could get used to higher sensitivities, i used to play Halo 3 on 7-8 (1-10 scale) but i find slower turn speeds and increased precision more useful than fast turn speed. Oh and i used relatively slow sensitivity even in Call of Duty (default there, IIRC).

CST is UTC -6... (with DST or not?). Finland UTC +2 (+3 due DST), so 9 hour difference.
5am? Ugh. Sorry.

Dakar

Banned
Speaking of twitching, I'd do much better at this game if I wasn't accidentally crouching/proning every time I went into surprise firefights.

Dreaver

I noticed there was a huge patch recently and I have to say this 'private / rent your own server' thing is fucking stupid and annoying. ALL (B2K) maps I filter are private servers, I can hardly find any official server (EU, X360). This really sucks, because all these servers have 200 tickets and other stupid rules. This really annoys me and I am afraid this will ruin the Battlefield 3 experience really quick for me. Are more people finding this a problem?

Mikey Jr.

I noticed there was a huge patch recently and I have to say this 'private / rent your own server' thing is fucking stupid and annoying. ALL (B2K) maps I filter are private servers, I can hardly find any official server (EU, X360). This really sucks, because all these servers have 200 tickets and other stupid rules. This really annoys me and I am afraid this will ruin the Battlefield 3 experience really quick for me. Are more people finding this a problem?

Yep. Already discussed it.

Woorloog

Banned
Speaking of twitching, I'd do much better at this game if I wasn't accidentally crouching/proning every time I went into surprise firefights.

Heh, i would do well in CQ battles if i didn't accidentally crouch or go prone. Yesterday, i run on an enemy and accidentally crouched which saved me as he shot over me...

what i do is bookmark a good server if i find one.

Use the search function and just search for DICE. I found all the official servers doing that.

Dreaver

Yep. Already discussed it.

Well I did not read the entire thread, but I'm glad I am not the only one.

what i do is bookmark a good server if i find one.

I did not knew that was possible, however I always play B2K (EU, X360) and sadly there aren't *that* many servers (in the midday there are maybe 5 servers with more then 20 people), so it sucks, but I will look into it, thanks!

I do have to say though - apart from the server thing - that most of the changes so far are pretty good.

getting some glitchy reports now, like this: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/40448634/4/174628262/

i quit before that match started, still it shows i got 1 kill 1 death and that the match lasted 1h30mins? longest fight ever?

had a couple good matches before that and those reports show up correctly:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/40447472/4/174628262/

so i just figured out that if the enemy team is spawn trapped, you can mortar scot free since they can't counter mortar from their base.

I still think the Mortar was also one really poor game design decision... they should have just kept them as stationary mortars on pre-determined levels at pre-determined places since they are a nightmare to balance out gameplay wise.

Top Bottom