• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Man this patch and Premium ended up being quite a disaster.
Patch: The Smoke Grenade is the most OP weapon ever
Premium: Doesnt work.

Yeah, may be similar to the Air Raid in 1943. One of the trailers showed a capture point with a plane icon. In the second picture there seems to be a second seat for another player? or switching to another gun?

I hope so! I was playing on Wake Island (BF3) the other night and really missing the bombing runs you could do in 1943.

LOL, gonna try this tonight.

And great, servers are going to try to ban people who are legit using smoke for cover and accidentally kill someone. It happens all the time on Metro 64...if I'm at B and shoot down the escalators to make cover to flank or go to C, there's usually some dumbass at the bottom waiting to eat it.

yeah, that's gonna be awful... i legit kill people using smoke :( since BC2!

never forget!

360_faceless360.png

ps3_faceless360.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
you don't get any codes. you just get the dlc authorized.

Damn lol. Wishful thinking, I guess.
I understand the value of $50 now compared to the price of all the expansions individually, but it still feels weak, paying for something I already own (B2K). I was hoping you got codes, I was going to give away that one.

Woorloog

Banned
What... Did i get this right?
First, auto-shotty is OP.
Then, underbarrel shotty is OP.
Now, smoke grenades are OP.
What the fuck is going with DICE? Do they just roll dice and let them decide what to do with next patch?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What the fuck is going with DICE? Do they just roll dice and let them decide what to do with next patch?
Yup theyre having some issues with their automated tests or something. =/

JJD

At this rate they should just do a beta test for all their fucking DLC.

It took users less than a day to find this smoke glitch, were is your fucking QA Dice?

When we're going to be able to play on the maps we bought?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
At this rate they should just do a beta test for all their fucking DLC.

It took users less than a day to find this smoke glitch, were is your fucking QA Dice?

When we're going to be able to play on the maps we bought?

You haven't figured it out yet? We are the beta test. Just like that smart phone you are currently beta testing

Rebel Leader

Dude you forgot about some people NOT BEING ABLE to play the new maps

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Every day those of us who bought this and still cannot play lose the little value that was even there for this "premium" service.

You think I bought this for a fucking knife and dogtags? We paid for access, and didn't get it. Every day we cannot access what we paid for is lost value.

Rebel Leader

Every day those of us who who bought this and still cannot play lose the little value that was even there for this "premium" service.

You think I bought this for a fucking knife and dogtags? We paid for access, and didn't get it. Every day we cannot access what we paid for is lost value.
hNaFx.gif

Steven Sikma ‏@StevenSikma

@Battlefield Premium members payed to play early and we have yet to be able. Will premium users receive anything to make up for this?
-----
Battlefield ‏@battlefield

@stevensikma We will figure something out. ;) ^Es

Maddocks

my buddy got premium, and said it didnt work, but then restarted his ps3 and it randomly worked lol

I was temped to buy it because im a knife whore and wanted to knife fools with a new knife but then stopped myself. If the game still wasn't in beta testing I would have payed.

Oh wow thats pretty crazy @__@

Ok so i asked Zh1nt0 if Premium only works on the buying Account, his reply:

"Entitlement to Your Account"

So yeah no Premium for me but will buy Close Quarters on release.(If i get a PSN Card)

BULL EXCRETES

I purchased premium for my US account.

Then I logged onto my troll UK account - all premium content + map packs unlocked(assignments, dogtag, weapon.)

Then I created a brand new ea account on my JPN account - all premium content unlocked, with that ugly premium knife.

As long as it's the same PS3, it'll work - like any other freaking key.

Rebel Leader

BULL EXCRETES

Then I logged onto my troll UK account - all premium content + map packs unlocked(assignments, dogtag, weapon.)

Then I created a brand new ea account on my JPN account - all premium content unlocked, with that ugly premium knife.

and can you play the maps? THat's the 1 thing you didn't answer =3

Fersis

BULL EXCRETES

Thank you very much for trying this for me! Gotta grab a PSN card then.

I just saw some US GAF folks playing QC. It may be working.

Rebel Leader

I'm not doing anything important atm... I'll check. brb

Thanks
----

https://help.ea.com/article/bf3-close-quarters-content-temporarily-unavailable-on-ps3

BF3 - Close Quarters Content Temporarily Unavailable on PS3

We are aware that North American Battlefield Premium members are currently experiencing trouble connecting to Close Quarters maps and servers on Playstation 3. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible and will update this page when we have more information.

You can still play online by de-selecting Close Quarters maps from the server selection screen. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

gamefly1kwux1.gif

Maddocks

Just FYI.. 2 of my buddies went to best buy and traded in just a couple games and had enough for premium. This week BB is having a 100% bonus trade in on any game.

whoa....really? might....yeah im doing it.....i hate you dice, but ill still give you my money because im weak :(

Rebel Leader

strike that CQ is not available.. (tried on a UK account)

Martin ‏@Woe_Betide76

@Battlefield Hey Es seeing as the black dogtag selections pretty poor, how about giving us all dogtags in a black option for premium users?
Expand
---
Battlefield ‏@Battlefield

@woe_betide76 This is a thought, I shall run this by our dev team to see what they have to say. ^Es

I would love this... I want my battle vet with black gold

JJD

Thank you very much for trying this for me! Gotta grab a PSN card then.

I just saw some US GAF folks playing QC. It may be working.

Yeah Fersis, I just checked.

Logged in my UK account for the first time in awhile and as soon as BF3 started the Premium message thanking me for being a fool appeared. All the stuff I got in the game was there. The dog tags from Act of Valor and Back to Karkand that I had bought previously.

Just to check I logged in my JP account too, it was the same thing. I was Premium and had access to the dog tags, assignments and B2K maps.

I still couldn't play on Close Quarters even when logging on those accounts but that's probably because of the fucking bug/glitch etc.

If you're willing to take a chance I'm almost certain all the Premium stuff will be available to your ARG account as soon as you buy it on your US one.

Course you still won't be able to log on the Battlelog with you account because of that weird issue.

I don't know people, my brother got today Premium, downloaded and played without problems. He also downloaded both key and content patch in my PS3, and I didn't got any of the Premium bullshit content (you now, the knife, dogtags, whatever, it seems locked to my brother's account..) but I was able to play CQ and unlock a few weapons (ahhh the AUG, SOO GOOD). So if anyone has doubts about sharing (Fersis, I don't know if this will help you, anything just PM) I'll leave that here.

About the new glitch

tumblr_m0jz3novys1r8ffrs.jpg

I love to use Smoke in Metro and some Rush maps, but this will probably get its use banned. For fuck's sake DICE, we will have to wait to September to fix this??

And about Close Quarters.. my god, probably there's a player base who will love this, but I personally found it a disaster clusterfuck. Only played 4 games in order to get the assignment victories, but in two of them lots of support throwing C4 around the capture point and when the letter blinks BOOM (and this leads to a lot of people using M320 to clear capture points and more -_-). Even Metro Conquest, a map I hate with passion, seems to me a bit better. And its sad because the maps design its kind of interesting (IMO), the industrial level looks very good, but for me a game changer is the spawn system and the extremely short capture time. Maybe if they used the spawn and capture times of normal Conquest it would be better (or a bit faster than standard conquest because of the map size, but not THAT fast). Anyway for me I'm only returning to Gun Master to get the assignment, and then I'm not touching those maps even with a 10-feet pole
I'll probably play some times, probably with my brother or if there are any gaffers playing it :sighs:

And by the way, Armored Kill looks very good ;_;.

JJD

Also I played for 10 minutes and the controls felt exceedingly better.

I stopped playing for almost a month and was having a rough time getting the grips of the controls again. My aiming was shit, and I usually had to empty a clip to kill a foe as I would miss most of my shots.

In the short moments I played on Kharg I was able to get a triple kill on the same clip with pretty accurate shooting in kick succession, something I had not been able to do since I returned. Felt good.

It's definitely more responsive to me. I had adapted to the controls eventually but they always felt kinda "loose", not anymore.

It's still early to say if they're like BC2, but they definitely felt familiar. I guess I won't have much trouble coming back when I take a short brake from the game.

Anyone knows if the stat reset option also resets your weapons and lvl. unlocks?
If they don't I'm thinking really hard about reseting my stats.

My stats are kinda good, but they're getting in the way of my enjoyment of the game.

Edit That's really strage Vasilisk, I could actually pick a premium dog tag for my secondary account...
At least you could play on the new maps and get the new weapons right? I guess that's all that matter...

To tell the truth I didn't give a shit about the dogtags lol, but I've checked Battlelog and I have a few new ones, about Medal of Honor, Danger Close, Toe 2 Toe or something like that. But the funny thing is that the ingame menu didn't change, and I don't have the Premium knife. And yes, I only really care about the new guns :D.

JJD

To tell the truth I didn't give a shit about the dogtags lol, but I've checked Battlelog and I have a few new ones, about Medal of Honor, Danger Close, Toe 2 Toe or something like that. But the funny thing is that the ingame menu didn't change, and I don't have the Premium knife. And yes, I only really care about the new guns :D.

Wow really? The menu didn't change? That's so weird! Those tags are the premium ones, I equipped the toe 2 toe just to test. My menu was the premium one, I had never even booted BF3 on those accounts, don't know if this changes anything since you play regularly on yours.

Still I think it should be OK for Fersis to buy the damn thing
and wait like the rest of us!
!

Only played 4 games in order to get the assignment victories, but in two of them lots of support throwing C4 around the capture point and when the letter blinks BOOM (and this leads to a lot of people using M320 to clear capture points and more -_-)
. Even Metro Conquest, a map I hate with passion, seems to me a bit better. And its sad because the maps design its kind of interesting (IMO), the industrial level looks very good, but for me a game changer is the spawn system and the extremely short capture time. Maybe if they used the spawn and capture times of normal Conquest it would be better (or a bit faster than standard conquest because of the map size, but not THAT fast). Anyway for me I'm only returning to Gun Master to get the assignment, and then I'm not touching those maps even with a 10-feet pole
I'll probably play some times, probably with my brother or if there are any gaffers playing it :sighs:

And by the way, Armored Kill looks very good ;_;.

Man, and I thought I was the person who thought of that tactic.
C4 around flag is the tactic to use when you think no one is going to be around to defend a flag.
I only use it when my team are aggressive idiots who can't stay put to defend a flag, but it's fair strategy.

Kak.efes

So what's the general consensus on the new DLC? How are the maps? Giant cluster fucks? Or is there room to maneuver? The weapons?

Maddocks

it sucks that smoke is now going to be ruined because my clan mate uses it to cover places and now he probably cant in fear of being banned. but i mean who really follows server rules anyway?

it sucks that smoke is now going to be ruined because my clan mate uses it to cover places and now he probably cant in fear of being banned. but i mean who really follows server rules anyway?

go populate our servers gaf.

Stop ditching your home for some other woman's house.

Top Bottom