• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

BoatAck

Been trying to download the patch for about four hours now. I keep getting to about 60% and then getting a fucking error. I'm wired and my connection test is coming up fine. Would've loved to have played today.

Pennybags

I'll get CQ for 360.

Armored Kill is definitely going to my PC.

With the rest, it depends on the types of maps, and if I'm still playing at all instead of putting my time into things like the Planetside 2 beta.

So I probably won't get the premium sub.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't get why i should buy BF Premium since i don't have any details on the expansion packs and exclusive weapons and stuff.
Now, i would get the expansions cheaper via it but that's assuming i'd actually play them a lot.

Also, i can buy this later on, no? Though if buying it later on means missing out some camos and such, then i won't be getting it later either.

Oh and not a fan of having to wait for early access even if i'd buy it.

Bad marketing. At least it ain't subscription based.

Woorloog

Banned
you are not a true fan and HATE battlefield if you don't buy it right now! :D (it's a pre-order deal, pretty basic not knowing what you're gonna get in the end)

Ah but i pre-order only stuff i know will be good/i know i will like/i have gotten to play. Well, Mass Effect 3 ended up being a bit dissappointment but the multiplayer is great.

With expansions however... Well, there are no guarantees about these. Specifically Armored Kill. Will it actually work properly on 360 or not? Majority of vehicular maps don't really play well on 360.

Besides, the price is a bit steep considering i'm not getting anything for it right now, i have to wait a week before i'd get CQ and the rest coming later on. With pre-orders, i don't actually pay until i get the game.

fuckin' huge downloads. 1.39 gigabytes first for...something? and then another 1.14 gigabytes for Close Quarters :E

but you know you want some of this honey! :D

bf3p.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
yeah it was 50 euros, the usual fucked up conversion rate.

But hey, it could be closer to 75 euros bought separately! (according to EA) :D

Well then, absolutely no buy for me, at least not until i know the exact contents of the expansion packs. If there's a sale though... I doubt there will be.

JJD

It's so stupid to force the 360 players to download the CQ maps just to get the patch.

What if they don't want to buy premium or CQ?

JJD

Haha the assignments to get the new sniper rifles are called "Team Player"

10 TUGS assists and capture 20 flags! There's snipers out there who will never get those weapons! Lol!

Woorloog

Banned
Haha the assignments to get the new sniper rifles are called "Team Player"

10 TUGS assists and capture 20 flags! There's snipers out there who will never get those weapons! Lol!

How does the TUGS even work? I never figured it out and thus i don't bother with it. The MAV is way more useful.

How does the TUGS even work? I never figured it out and thus i don't bother with it. The MAV is way more useful.

you just drop it on the ground and it spots enemies near it. very useful in preventing flanking and knowing when the enemy is near a chokepoint etc.

JJD

can you share the premium content on ps3?
I'm planing to buy this with a friend

You can probably share it with another person. PSN DRM is now download the same content on two consoles max instead of five like it was some time ago.

Don't quote me on this thought! Lol!

Also, I'm buying Medal Of Honor day one. Don't care about MP but SP was great on last year edition. This year seems even better on Frostbyte2.

On a perfect world Dice would focus only on the MP and let Danger Close handle the SP on the Battlefield series. Releases every 3 years and we would have a kick ass game!

spidye

You can probably share it with another person. PSN DRM is now download the same content on two consoles max instead of five like it was some time ago.

Don't quote me on this thought! Lol!

thanks.
so is this just an unlock key or is it more like playstation plus where you have to register the content to your account?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I want this so bad :(
Please someone confirm if Premium is available for all the accounts on a PS3.

JJD

thanks.
so is this just an unlock key or is it more like playstation plus where you have to register the content to your account?

It's just a 100KB key. I bet you can download it to another console at least once!

I want this so bad :(
Please someone confirm if Premium is available for all the accounts on a PS3.

Why you're so worried about this Fersis? Content downloadable on a PS3 could always be used by other accounts on the same console right? I doubt it would be different now...

I'm not home at the moment, but I'll check it as soon as I arrive.

Edit: Ohh it's because of your argentine account on PSN right? :-(
You want to buy it on your US account to play on the arg one...

Woorloog

Banned
you just drop it on the ground and it spots enemies near it. very useful in preventing flanking and knowing when the enemy is near a chokepoint etc.

TUGS is amazing if you're playing aggressive recon with the SKS. It's godly on maps like Seine conquest.

I see it very, very rarely. And the last time i did, the guy who planted it didn't notice me and i killed him.

No one flanks or defends chokepoints when i'm playing, regardless of mode. At least i cannot remember a time when either of those happened.

EDIT wait, it auto-spots targets around it? Hmm. *shrug* never see anyone taking advantage of spotting either.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It's just a 100KB key. I bet you can download it to another console at least once!

Why you're so worried about this Fersis? Content downloadable on a PS3 could always be used by other accounts on the same console right? I doubt it would be different now...

I'm not home at the moment, but I'll check it as soon as I arrive.

Edit: Ohh it's because of your argentine account on PSN right? :-(
You want to buy it on your US account to play on the arg one...
EXACTLY!

Yup thats why i cant use BattleLog. :(

I think the game is a bit smoother and the aiming certainly is better after the patch. Good games GAF, very fun to to troll in Noshar Canals rush the sniper attackers who parachut to the docks roof near A (first pair). They think that are safe from a innocent support with no shooting angle, then :mortar fire from the sky: BOOM :D.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Come on, Seks. I already said I was playing the PC version a while back.

I could swear there is jump seats in the jet for passengers in the base game. I know I've seen PC players in two-seat jets that aren't beta footage.

The Faceless Master said:
so gun master is indeed a gun game variant

So CQ is completely shit then. No Rush mode = no care outside of SPAS-12. Nice, DICE.

Fersis

So folks anyone tried Close Quarters maps?

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok, so I cant make room for the patch. Just cant do it unless I want to stop playing a few other games and thats not gonna happen.

So sorry, Battlefield. I love you, but unless DICE wants to send me a new harddrive so I have room for these ridiculous fucking patch sizes, then I'm gonna have to hang up the dogtags for a while.

God damnit.

gl0w

After playing the CQ for several hours here is my opinion:

- amazing maps (fit great with the player count)
- More destruction
- new weapons are great
- input lag fixed for sure, huge huge difference
- gun master mode is great, but not easy
- new conquest mode is amazing
- tdm is great as it should be
- the game keeps you always running and shooting, I like that. No more dead times.

I'm happy with my choice to buy Premium

After playing the CQ for several hours here is my opinion:

- amazing maps (fit great with the player count)
- More destruction
- new weapons are great
- input lag fixed for sure, huge huge difference
- gun master mode is great, but not easy
- new conquest mode is amazing
- tdm is great as it should be
- the game keeps you always running and shooting, I like that. No more dead times.

I'm happy with my choice to buy Premium

Cool. Can you talk about the modes some more. Watched GM on youtube but the guy didnt explain it well. You unlock 16 guns but how do you win? Team that kills the most? First team to get someone all unlocked?

Describe CQ Dom if you could too. Thanks.

gl0w

Cool. Can you talk about the modes some more. Watched GM on youtube but the guy didnt explain it well. You unlock 16 guns but how do you win? Team that kills the most? First team to get someone all unlocked?

Describe CQ Dom if you could too. Thanks.

Conquest domination is like conquest but in a small scale

- flags are captured quickly
- burn area is smaller
- flags more closed to each other.
- flags are not spawn points

Gun master is basically what you say

Everyone starts with a pistol and every 2 kills you get a new weapon. The first player to get the last unlock kill (knife kill) wins.
You only have a single weapon, no Granades no medkits.

god damn it…I got booted off my connection to PSN and it completely dropped the download…have to re-download the map pack all over again…sigh. At least I have all these e3 conferences to watch while I wait.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For those of you who've been playing post-patch…should I turn AA back on now or leave it off?

Try it yourself. I feel AA on makes it smoother while AA off makes it more responsive. It's a personal feeling matter, I feel.

Did I find a way to get Premium for free?

I have $25.06 in my wallet. On the purchase screen it says remaining wallet account is at $24.93?

Does this mean if I bought it, it would cost 13 cents? Remaining wallet sounds like cash I'd still have. Obviously it's the difference from $49.99. But it looks like an error as if they got it backwards. If so, you could purchase CQ for a penny and make $49.98 in the process.

Probably just bad wording on their part.

How's using a debit card on PSN nowadays, safe? Can I delete my info afterwards or will it be somewhere in their system even if I delete?

I hate that gun game mode! And, is it that the last weapon you have is only a knife, or if you make a knife kill and you have the last gun, you win?

Top Bottom