• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

We did though:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/48728709/4/188837097/

Although that's probably just karma for them playing with a bunch of Smokies

Yeah man, you guys got us on that game...

Then on the very next game we were winning by a landslide and you and Dawn abandoned Kuri and the rest of your teammates...

Just to join us on the winning team some minutes later! ;-)

We were separated again on the next game, but since you guys spawned as the Russians on Canals, and had a player advantage from the start (we were playing with 6 guys most of the game, the last 3 joined when we were already losing badly) you guys didn't join us or abandon Kuri! Lol!

Please don't take this in the wrong way, I'm just salty because I got laggy as hell, or just plain disconnected from every single win we had yesterday, bar one, and of course when we were losing or I was getting raped the game performed perfectly...just my luck...

Awesome. :D I'm pretty mediocre though I can pull a decent score but end up squaded with people that go really negative. D:

Does the using the repair tool on recon equipment still work for the second Karkand Engineer assignment?
the main thing is getting and keeping the vehicle on a good map.

like Kharg Island SDM? unless the enemies co-ordinate when i get in there, it's an easy win.

as for repair tooling enemy equipment, i assume it still works.

I left kuri cause I had to go to the bathroom and then just came in and joined whoever like 10 minutes later. Dawn was logged off by the end of the seinen round and came back in late on the canal round

Also play advantage blah blah you guys had player advantage on the seinen game till people start rage quitting :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait until you play gun master... it's the ultimate troll.

I've already played that in Call of Duty 8. No sir, I don't like Gun Game.

Really, the issue isn't getting the EOD bot to get a kill as I'm sure it's possible and probably does as much damage as the repair tool. The issue is getting the damn thing on a person and getting a drop on them. I attempted it before due to Birgirpall's Manuel videos but gave up because it's a pain in the ass to control and it's impossible to hit anyone with the torch. I feel that's going to be a boostable assignment unless there's some guaranteed cheese way to do it like the repairtool kill a vehicle (which is hard, but at least doable compared to this)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've already played that in Call of Duty 8. No sir, I don't like Gun Game.

Please tell me they did not actually ape this mode from CoD. I'm already so disgusted with myself for buying this shit and giving them another dime of my money.

TheSeks

Please tell me they did not actually ape this mode from CoD. I'm already so disgusted with myself for buying this shit and giving them another dime of my money.

Yes and no. Gun Game apparently came from CS:Source (which I never played) but became popular in CoD5: World at War... or was that One in the Chamber... anyway, CoD8 has it (and made it a community playlist like zombies) so I'm not surprised BF is apeing it.

Gun Master
Gun Game

See for yourself.

olimpia84

The new maps are fun in Conquest domination mode. It's very hectic but so far I'm having a good time since it kind of suits my playstyle of being aggressive and running towards the objective at all times. It does feel like it will get old very quick, in fact I went back to play some vanilla games at some points but it's definitely worth it imo.

The new maps are fun in Conquest domination mode. It's very hectic but so far I'm having a good time since it kind of suits my playstyle of being aggressive and running towards the objective at all times. It does feel like it will get old very quick, in fact I went back to play some vanilla games at some points but it's definitely worth it imo.

Yeah, it's definitely more of an aggressive type game mode.
That being said, it sort of kills any sense of tactics or "battlefield moments".

People are going to catch on with c4ing all over the place, and it won't really be as fun anymore.

I'm already bored of it. The game reduces to everyone running around like headless chickens. Hopefully GAF will go back to the old maps soon.

I'm enjoying the new guns. But gettng the MTAR is a pain. Any idea on how to get the EOD bot kill? The thing is horrible to control and gets shot down so easily.

I've played some matches on expansion maps only and it does get tiresome quite fast, but i hope the maps get more popular and make it into regular rotation with the normal maps, that way they are a refreshing meatgrinder every once in awhile.

I've played some matches on expansion maps only and it does get tiresome quite fast, but i hope the maps get more popular and make it into regular rotation with the normal maps, that way they are a refreshing meatgrinder every once in awhile.

not gonna happen. when you add one of those maps to the rotation, the server is capped at 16 players.

TheSeks

what, really? so this expansion is already dead in the water regarding the maps...

It was dead in the water when it had no pro mode already. Only good thing to come from CQ is the SPAS-12.

Fonz72

Gun Master is not from CoD.

Did they really screw it up? I remember it being pretty fun in CS.

I know, I meant the new maps feel like Call of Duty, and this style of play is very CS/COD'esq. It removes the large scale/vehicle warfare that the BF series is know for, which may not be a bad thing. I've just always been a BF purist I suppose and it's hard to change. We'll get the huge maps back in Armored Kill.

MrBig

I know, I meant the new maps feel like Call of Duty, and this style of play is very CS/COD'esq. It removes the large scale/vehicle warfare that the BF series is know for, which may not be a bad thing. I've just always been a BF purist I suppose and it's hard to change. We'll get the huge maps back in Armored Kill.

I'm fine with them spending 1/5 map packs on the CoD crowd if it means they get money to make other content. I'm sure it'll be fine for an occasional change of pace at times as well, but I doubt I'll play them much.

what, really? so this expansion is already dead in the water regarding the maps...
it exists to complement Squad Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, the B2K Conquest Small maps and Metro/Seine/Bazaar CQ/Rush. people will have 16 player server rotations with some or all of the aforementioned options and love it.

Evolved1

Please explain.

After watching a few rounds on youtube, it looked fun.
I wonder if sever admins will have the ability to customize the succession.

I think some tweaks and it could have been fun. But imo the current state of things is basically like they distilled down everything I hate about CoD into a single BF game mode.

CoD is all about the killstreaks. You take someone that's having a good round and then just buff them and buff them until the balance is completely out of whack. This is Gun Master in a nutshell. It might have been interesting if they worked backwards: that you begin buff'd and then have to claw and scrape your way to a win. But they did the opposite. As it stands, the person who gets a quick jump out of the gate has a huge advantage. And the weapons they chose to use... omg... that new grenade launcher should not be anywhere fucking near this mode.

But whatever... this was obviously not designed for someone like myself, this entire expansion wasn't, and I should have known better than to buy it. So it's my own fault, and complaining about it makes me look like a fool.

vixlar

I think some tweaks and it could have been fun. But imo the current state of things is basically like they distilled down everything I hate about CoD into a single BF game mode.

CoD is all about the killstreaks. You take someone that's having a good round and then just buff them and buff them until the balance is completely out of whack. This is Gun Master in a nutshell. It might have been interesting if they worked backwards: that you begin buff'd and then have to claw and scrape your way to a win. But they did the opposite. As it stands, the person who gets a quick jump out of the gate has a huge advantage. And the weapons they chose to use... omg... that new grenade launcher should not be anywhere fucking near this mode.

But whatever... this was obviously not designed for someone like myself, this entire expansion wasn't, and I should have known better than to buy it. So it's my own fault, and complaining about it makes me look like a fool.

I was thinking the same!!! It should start with powerful guns and downgrade as you are winning. In their defense, the last weapon is a knife.

Evolved1

I was thinking the same!!! It should start with powerful guns and downgrade as you are winning. In their defense, the last weapon is a knife.

Yeah, but the second to last weapon is that fucking grenade launcher. So at some point, you're going to have the guy with the knife rushing at the dude with that retarded fucking launcher and that's that. Guy with the knife wins. You'd have to be an imbecile to get killed by the launcher. Especially in a small match with only a couple people.

The only way to counter is to switch to your knife. But then it's about 50/50 who gets the knife kill. And if he gets it, he wins. If you get it, um... yeah good work because the knife kill doesn't count and you're still stuck with the launcher firing frags on a fuse.

vixlar

Yeah, but the second to last weapon is that fucking grenade launcher. So at some point, you're going to have the guy with the knife rushing at the dude with that retarded fucking launcher and that's that. Guy with the knife wins. You'd have to be an imbecile to get killed by the launcher. Especially in a small match with only a couple people.

The only way to counter is to switch to your knife. But then it's about 50/50 who gets the knife kill. And if he gets it, he wins. If you get it, um... yeah good work because the knife kill doesn't count and you're still stuck with the launcher firing frags on a fuse.

If you kill it with a knife, the enemy lose a kill. Maybe that's where the strategy is... But I get your point.

Do you remember when Battlefield was about teamwork and big maps and tanks? Good times.

Mazdarati

Neo Member

Thanks for the response. Makes sense and I agree about the COD similarity.
Like I said, it would be nice if there was some admin controllability in the gun progression.
A reversal of the current progression does sound better. Maybe even a random list to change things up.

Rebel Leader said:
24 is great for NORMAL 100% ticket matches...
I don't understand what Normal 100% match has to do 24 max players.
I'm sure 24 is great for certain modes and maps, but on the bigger "Battlefieldesque" maps, 24 players doesn't feel like Battlefield.

Yeah...
The launcher is not blast on impact, small blast radius, and forever to reload.
I died like 5-6 times in a row just to try and land a kill on you guys and was almost ready to give up...
I only managed to get the kill accidentally by shooting the grenade to the right of kurisub, which he later get blasted by as he move toward that general direction.

Then the knife kill...

I assume you're the one I got?

>.>

I mean I want to go for a knife takedown, but it's bs impossible to sneak up on people with that amount of sound that you make in GM (it sounds like someone is crumpling paper even if you crouch move.) So of course my only option is to just run into someone and hopefully knife slash them to death.

Evolved1

Yeah...
The launcher is not blast on impact, small blast radius, and forever to reload.
I died like 5-6 times in a row just to try and land a kill on you guys and was almost ready to give up...
I only managed to get the kill accidentally by shooting the grenade to the right of kurisub, which he later get blasted by as he move toward that general direction.

Then the knife kill...

I assume you're the one I got?

>.>

I mean I want to go for a knife takedown, but it's bs impossible to sneak up on people with that amount of sound that you make in GM (it sounds like someone is crumpling paper even if you crouch move.) So of course my only option is to just run into someone and hopefully knife slash them to death.

I guess that was us then... I was running away from you, shooting the frags in front of myself, bouncing them of the walls, hoping you'd hit one in pursuit. It wasn't working. I saw the staircase coming up. So a few steps down I spun around and tried to hit you point-blank, knowing that you'd be corralled at the top of the stairwell unable to move laterally. My plan was sound and I'm pretty proud of coming up with that under the heated circumstances... of course it all went to shit when my point blank round hit you directly and didn't kill you. So pissed off. I tried to spin and get down the steps whilst enduring that long-ass reload, but I got hung up on the geometry, and you closed the gap for the kill... and the win.

I don't like taking losses. I really do not... especially on some bullshit game mode. But at least it was you who killed me and not that random clan guy who I don't know where he came from. And at least it was me who was lost the round. So I can't really blame anyone else but myself.

Evolved1

Another thing that is infuriating about this expansion -- and shows that DICE doesn't have a fucking clue how to make close quarters maps -- is the footsteps! They are all the same!

Doesn't matter if a guy is a floor above you, or under, they always sound like they are right next to you. It's just a retarded oversight. Hey, how about dampen the sound of footsteps on different levels? This isn't rocket surgery.

Makes the maps even less fun to play. Less strategic because you're constantly twitch responding to noise that isn't even a threat. Turn around because someone is coming up behind you... but they aren't! They're a floor below. But the guy who just came around the corner on your floor now has a free shot at your back. I mean, that's if he didn't already spawn directly behind you. :/

Just as an example about spawing, and how it's broken. We were playing basically 2v2 and there were three or four times when I spawned behind one of you guys. The entire level is open and very few players, and it spawns me w/ a clear shot at your back. pretty awesome game design right there.

edit: if anyone is wondering why I'm so salty about this expansion... I could go on and on and on with these kind of issues. My head was full of them after just a couple hours of playing. Too much man, made me mad. I'm still mad about yesterday. lol

I guess that was us then... I was running away from you, shooting the frags in front of myself, bouncing them of the walls, hoping you'd hit one in pursuit. It wasn't working. I saw the staircase coming up. So a few steps down I spun around and tried to hit you point-blank, knowing that you'd be corralled at the top of the stairwell unable to move laterally. My plan was sound and I'm pretty proud of coming up with that under the heated circumstances... of course it all went to shit when my point blank round hit you directly and didn't kill you. So pissed off. I tried to spin and get down the steps whilst enduring that long-ass reload, but I got hung up on the geometry, and you closed the gap for the kill... and the win.

I don't like taking losses. I really do not... especially on some bullshit game mode. But at least it was you who killed me and not that random clan guy who I don't know where he came from. And at least it was me who was lost the round. So I can't really blame anyone else but myself.

I definitely feel your pain.
I fired point blank rounds at you and kuri a couple times and I just see the grenade drop to the ground, roll away and then take 5 seconds to explode. It was a ridiculous and horrible feeling running around with that launcher. I mean...if you're going to have such a long delay on its blast- at least allow me to fire multiple rounds in quick succession or make it an OHK at point blank like smoke grenades.

The most memorable part of the game though....
was this one instance where I had the launcher and you had the horrible bolt action. I couldn't land a hit and you couldn't get a kill. The two of of us were just running in circles for a reload contest for 2-3 round.

The whole time I'm just like "really dice? this all intensive 1 on 1 moment dwindles down to who can reload the slow and useless weapon faster and hopefully get a kill?" Kuri ended up killing me from the side, but really......

Top Bottom