• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Did I find a way to get Premium for free?

I have $25.06 in my wallet. On the purchase screen it says remaining wallet account is at $24.93?

Does this mean if I bought it, it would cost 13 cents? Remaining wallet sounds like cash I'd still have. Obviously it's the difference from $49.99. But it looks like an error as if they got it backwards. If so, you could purchase CQ for a penny and make $49.98 in the process.

Probably just bad wording on their part.

How's using a debit card on PSN nowadays, safe? Can I delete my info afterwards or will it be somewhere in their system even if I delete?

Checked out the store. Buying a 5.99 game says my remaining wallett is $19.07. Think I can get the game for 13 cents.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ahh, there's parentheses aroung premium wallet left. Guess that means I'd owe still.

Correct.

If the final total looks like (5.99) you owe PSN that amount and your card will be charged the amount needed to make it "even" $0.00

You can use a credit card, but I don't really recommend it due to PSN hacks and the like, but if you can't be assed to wait a day to get a PSN card, it's a good way of buying things provided you have the money and blah blah blah.

Correct.

If the final total looks like (5.99) you owe PSN that amount and your card will be charged the amount needed to make it "even" $0.00

You can use a credit card, but I don't really recommend it due to PSN hacks and the like, but if you can't be assed to wait a day to get a PSN card, it's a good way of buying things provided you have the money and blah blah blah.

Yeah, I'll wait for my next trip to a store for a PSN card. Guess I'll be saving $10 in the long run buying premium. Plus I'll get to play 2 weeks early.

Jas

Haven't been able to play any of the new maps yet, game either hangs at the loading screen after I pick a server (if I'm lucky) or completely freezes my PS3 and have to reboot.

Deleted and re-downloaded everything and it still happens. I can still play on the regular maps at least.

JJD

Haven't been able to play any of the new maps yet, game either hangs at the loading screen after I pick a server (if I'm lucky) or completely freezes my PS3 and have to reboot.

Deleted and re-downloaded everything and it still happens. I can still play on the regular maps at least.

Wow really??? C'mon Dice...

I haven't been able to play yet, hopefully more people post their impressions!

TheSeks

Maybe the maps aren't totally up-up yet? Who knows.

JJD

Well Olimpia, Dream, Evolved and THN are all playing right now on the vanilla maps...

I wonder if you can't play yet on CQ. You can do the assignments though.

Damn, I wish I could play right now...

olimpia84

There's a problem playing the new maps for the North American region and EA has already acknowledged the problem. The game can't load any of the new maps. SMH...can we get some money refunded at least?

JJD

There's a problem playing the new maps for the North American region and EA has already acknowledged the problem. The game can't load any of the new maps. SMH...can we get some money refunded at least?

What about the controls Olimpia?

Thoughts:
1) ACB-90, the premium knife, is ugly like hell. Bright orange handle? really? I feel like I'm holding a kitchen knife. I also can't seem to find a way to get my regular knife back.

v1Oal.png

2) Oddly enough, I miss the F2000's pre-buff recoil.
3) Suppression nerf makes LMG a bit more accurate now.
4) Control feels the same. AA off still faster.
5) Weapon camo is distracting.
6) BF3 Platinum Videos. "Premium Video 1: Close Quarters Playing Tips". Buffering every 2 second. As predicted, more producer commentary than any actual "tips"

7)All assignments are dirt easy, except for Location Scout (premium recon tag.)
It's more of annoyance to me, since it require 30 L96 Kills.
L96 is the 2nd karkland sniper assignment...and I run pdw-only on my recons.

8)Add battlelog favorites.....why only 5
9)Premium profile content............forum signature. Do not care.
10)My server is now packed as a Close Quarter Only server *sigh*
11)Tried it on a dummy - reset stats is screwed up. It resets on portion of the profile page only.

JJD

11)Tried it on a dummy - reset stats is screwed up. It resets on portion of the profile page only.

Well, if you could at least try on a dummy account I guess Fersis is safe buying Premium on his US account.

Hopefully tomorrow Dice will sort things out and we will be able to play the new maps.

TheSeks

Dream: That's why you set up a VIP list on your server. VIP people can get in and it bumps the last joiner to the server off. May piss them off thinking they get kicked but you own the server and all that.

Also the new knife doesn't look... that bad but it's different from my normal knife. WTF. :/

Also the L96 isn't that bad for a sniper rifle. The issue with sniping is 1) the stupid sway (FUCK YOU DICE FOR GOING THE CALL OF DUTY ROUTE) and 2) most of the maps aren't really built for bolt-actions.

Also what stats get totally reset? I wouldn't mind wiping stats if it kept my dogtags and level after I reach 100 to start building up my favorite guns stats.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Are you fucking shitting me....No wonder it just kep on kicking me back on every new map

Passing on Close Quarters.

After watching some gameplay it's definitely something I don't want any part in. Also seems like the suppression wasn't toned down enough (for me at least). Like the color blind option though :D

Dream: That's why you set up a VIP list on your server. VIP people can get in and it bumps the last joiner to the server off. May piss them off thinking they get kicked but you own the server and all that.

...wow...you are still misinformed about how the VIP list work...

The VIP list doesn't boot anyone out of the server. All it does is skip you to the front of the waiting queue. So if the server is full, and there are 5 idiots waiting to get in, you'll get to to be the first idiot, then followed by premium member and then people with no friends and money.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Oh wow thats pretty crazy @__@

Ok so i asked Zh1nt0 if Premium only works on the buying Account, his reply:

So yeah no Premium for me but will buy Close Quarters on release.(If i get a PSN Card)

Yeah. only the battlelog features seem to be shared (Partial reset stat on battlelog, Saving of battle reports, etc.) Not sure about game content, will have to try when I get back home.

It looks like the plane just flies on its own in circles or something and you just gun from above.

Yeah, may be similar to the Air Raid in 1943. One of the trailers showed a capture point with a plane icon. In the second picture there seems to be a second seat for another player? or switching to another gun?

Guys relax, it's still BF3. Dice wouldn't screw us over and leave us without a glitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJYVdC6yvI&feature=player_embedded#

DICE!

Yeah, may be similar to the Air Raid in 1943. One of the trailers showed a capture point with a plane icon. In the second picture there seems to be a second seat for another player? or switching to another gun?

they're both gunners seats, you can tell from the icon.

TheSeks

Guys relax, it's still BF3. Dice wouldn't screw us over and leave us without a glitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJYVdC6yvI&feature=player_embedded#

Too bad M320 Smoke doesn't count in stats. :( Edit: Okay, it does count... for the M320 itself. Dogtag getting time?

I'll just leave this here

@Dream: Weird. I've heard talk of VIP lists auto-kicking the last joined player to allow a VIP on. Maybe one of the designated admins were in the room. Okay. Whatever. Still not going to allow me to achievement whore these stupid CQ maps before you change the rotation.

U2NUMB

Played one game on PS3 last night.. just to test the lag. Controls feel sooo much better. Will be spending more time over there now.

meppi

Not sure if they messed with the 36 controls. All I know is they feel buttery smooth.
Perhaps some tweaks were made to the acceleration?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im on PS3 and yeah the controls are butter smooth for me. (Had to turn down the sensitivity a notch)

TheSeks

:(

I've been reading the input lag thread on Get Satisfaction and it seems people there feel the controls haven't changed much.

They should mess with the sensitivity. Because I don't feel the "weight"/molasses feeling like I did on launch with this patch.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The MP controls are better. They aren't quite BC2, but they are much closer than before. I'm comfortable in CQB situations now which was never the case before.

I don't know if this is an input lag issue, or if they actually altered the analog settings, or changed some other thing that affected controls... but something is different, and imo, hugely improved.

Old BF3--------------------------New BF3--------BC2

^ a wholly arbitrary and unscientific way of trying to explain the new "feel" relative to BC2 and pre-patch BF3.

do you have AA off to help with control smoothness as well?

I think they feel more 1:1 with it off... the AA imo seems to add either input lag or acceleration/deadzone weirdness. They are more precise w/ AA off... and Seks says more "smooth" with it on.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So yesterday I bought premium... fifty fucking dollars. And today I still can't join any of the new maps w/o getting booted back to the title screen or freezing my console.

Seriously EA and DICE can go suck their way through a bag of dicks. Incompetent, greedy fucking assholes.

The 360 controls are definitely crisper. It feels like the guns have less inertia--quicker to begin moving, quicker to stop moving. I put the sensitivity back down a couple clicks and it feels perfect.

Top Bottom