• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

it sucks that smoke is now going to be ruined because my clan mate uses it to cover places and now he probably cant in fear of being banned. but i mean who really follows server rules anyway?

I'm a frequent smoke user as well. Rush is about to get a lot more difficult if I can't use my smoke without getting banned.

Kurisub: sorry for the yelling. I just can't stand when people place beacons at bad positions.

No that last beacon was definitely my fault…completely forgot it was in the open. (it seemed like a nice hidden spot…but oh yeah, it's one of those maps. I tried to put a few of them in places under cover so you wouldn't have to parachute in on them.

What's the consensus on where they should be placed? Somewhere close to the flags or somewhere out of the way, away from the action so that you can sneak back in?

On another note, god how I wish we could map the controls in this game…my R3 is too sensitive and I damn near always end up ducking (or accidentally changing my view inside a vehicle) when I get into a one-on-one sudden gunfight as I end up hitting the stick too hard.

olimpia84

Olimpia sign back on and download CQC from the psn store. People from North America are playing it using this method. I'm redownloading it now. Will be done in 15 minutes.

I already did that (download straight from the PSN store) but it wasn't working as of today. It's 4 in the morning here anyways so will probably give it a shot later on.

JJD

Olimpia sign back on and download CQC from the psn store. People from North America are playing it using this method. I'm redownloading it now. Will be done in 15 minutes.

Just download and install it over the old install?

No that last beacon was definitely my fault…completely forgot it was in the open. (it seemed like a nice hidden spot…but oh yeah, it's one of those maps. I tried to put a few of them in places under cover so you wouldn't have to parachute in on them.

What's the consensus on where they should be placed? Somewhere close to the flags or somewhere out of the way, away from the action so that you can sneak back in?
You have to take into consideration of 3 things regarding the beacon:
1)Location: The location should never be too far away from the flag, but never so close to the point where it would start catching the enemy's attention (avoid hot zones).

2)Visibility: Beacons should not be placed at areas where there is full visibility (ex: open street/rooftop = bad idea.) If you don't have that option, try to make your own (shoot out lights in metro's subway car or place it behind fires.

3)Sound: Beacons should be placed in areas where it would be difficult for the enemy to hear or an area where people usually won't pass b. This doesn't necessarily mean it has to be far away. You can abuse the sound of the m-com or a buzzing high voltage box to null the sound.

So take canals for example:
At one point you placed a beacon right next to the crate near A flag.
That beacon instantly got destroyed once a tank arrived.

It would have been useless even if it lasted as
a) person who spawn on it will have to parachute in.
b) the beacon is dead obvious to anyone with good eyes/ear
c) It's in a dead obvious high traffic area.

So where could you have better placed it?
Well, in front of A there are a bunch of crates. Some of these crates are stacked to two story tall. Some of those higher crates have openings that are dark, give a top down view of A and is "indoors". We also know from the map design, that the area is generally not a hot zone (just outside of the edge of the ABC triangle.) So most people won't be spending their time hanging around trying to find the beacon.

Alternatively, the loading boats near A is also a good choice. They are generally outside of the area of attention, have some what of a block of visibility (lower terrain than most of the map) and can spawn people indoors.

Now, I often see people place beacons in the yellow crate right next to A or the red crate right in front of the flag. Those are bad choices because people will check those places first + the sound is obvious.

JJD

Yes. It works. I redownloaded it from the psn store. Do not do it from the battlefield store.

OK, I'll be doing that right now!

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Huh...anyone here has received a message when login in saying your password is not valid anymore? When I tried to input a new one my PS3 would not respond...

I hope I have not been hacked, this would be the perfect ending to a really shitty night...

JJD

I can confirm that THN solution works.

Downloaded the DLC from the PSN store (not the in game store), installed it over the old data and I was able to get on a game without trouble.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So I re-download from my download list?

EDIT: NVM I see it through the PSN store

I may have to do that 2 times considering I deleted the game data of BF3

---

nope, only had to DL 1 time
--

CQ is works so..

cuOmP.gif

vixlar

I found funny that in xbox360 the server search get all cq options enabled... whe we don't even have close quarters yet ¬¬

I love that now, the assignments section at the end of the round only shows the assignments you made a progress. And you can look for it in the waiting section.

I found a new bullet for the greande launcher. I tried to look for it in the battlelog, but it doesn't appear.

The colorblind option is a godsend. DICE should keep this option as default.

It seems the minimap in Close Quarters now changes depending which floor you are. So you can't see people in the other floors. Really good, in my opinion.

I still don't know if I want Close Quarters. Actually, I want it for the weapons. And it seems fun... but it doesn't look like a Battlefield.

meppi

I still don't know if I want Close Quarters. Actually, I want it for the weapons. And it seems fun... but it doesn't look like a Battlefield.
I know what you mean. It gives me a bit of a Killzone vibe actually. So it's fine by me. ;)

vixlar

Oh, the new grenade launcher option is a timed grenade launcher. As if it was a hand grenade. It is the second to final weapon in weapon master, by the way.

Ah, it seems now not only jets have the gunner options, when I was messing with the menus, I found scout helicopters have it too. New scout helicopters?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Oh, the new grenade launcher option is a timed grenade launcher. As if it was a hand grenade. It is the second to final weapon in weapon master, by the way.

Ah, it seems now not only jets have the gunner options, when I was messing with the menus, I found scout helicopters have it too. New scout helicopters?

It's actually a really good weapon... I got a shit load of kills with it on bazaar. It fires with a low trajectory, so you can get it into places a hand grenade can't reach, but it seems to have the splash damage of a normal HG. Pretty deadly. I got some multikills.

Feel fee to change my server up back to Close Quarter Only.
There's a map rotation called "CQART" on the server that removes the squad deathmatch rounds.

As long as you write CQ only+get 2,3 people, it should populate up pretty fast

Evolved1

How do I delete my CC game data w/o having to delete all the patches and shit?

vixlar

It's actually a really good weapon... I got a shit load of kills with it on bazaar. It fires with a low trajectory, so you can get it into places a hand grenade can't reach, but it seems to have the splash damage of a normal HG. Pretty deadly. I got some multikills.

Oh, thanks for the tip :) I'll try it. Do you know if you can kill with this weapon with a direct hit?

Evolved1

Oh, thanks for the tip :) I'll try it. Do you know if you can kill with this weapon with a direct hit?

You know... you probably can, just like smoke rounds. But I haven't done it myself, so I can't confirm.

It'd be weird if you couldn't. Seems to have the velocity of a normal 40mm round.

Rebel Leader

How do I delete my CC game data w/o having to delete all the patches and shit?

From what people say, You don't have to delete the game data

Re-downloading & re-install it will over write the current one.. (Although I did delete my game data yesterday when CQ didn't work)
-----

My god... capturing C on scrap metal is gonna be HELL

Rebel Leader

Feel fee to change my server up back to Close Quarter Only.
There's a map rotation called "CQART" on the server that removes the squad deathmatch rounds.

As long as you write CQ only+get 2,3 people, it should populate up pretty fast

Can we make it private?... just to get the layout of the maps

Evolved1

So... yeah that was the first and last time I'm playing the new maps and modes. Really awful.

Doesn't belong in BF imo. I consider it a huge slight to long time fans, dropping this CoD garbage before the vehicle warfare expansion.

well, at least the game froze after the round was over... yay

and i love how JJD joins the game past the halfway mark and still ends up in 5th on our side... smh randoms, cap some flags

So... yeah that was the first and last time I'm playing the new maps and modes. Really awful.

Doesn't belong in BF imo. I consider it a huge slight to long time fans, dropping this CoD garbage before the vehicle warfare expansion.

yeah, and they can't use the 'attention span' excuse either because people still play MW1 and 2.

Evolved1

well, at least the game froze after the round was over... yay

yeah, and they can't use the 'attention span' excuse either because people still play MW1 and 2.

I shouldn't really try and say was does or doesn't belong in BF... but I don't like this at all... and I am pretty pissed off that this came before the real BF maps.

Gun Master is such a throwaway piece of shit game mode. It's a novelty. Thanks DICE... while we wait months for the actual BF maps this crap sits and collects dust.

Xux

Played, like, 10 games of SDM last night and finally got a win!

W00t w00t.

Only three more to go. Hopefully I can get the L85 by the time Armored Kill comes out.

I shouldn't really try and say was does or doesn't belong in BF... but I don't like this at all... and I am pretty pissed off that this came before the real BF maps.

Gun Master is such a throwaway piece of shit game mode. It's a novelty. Thanks DICE... while we wait months for the actual BF maps this crap sits and collects dust.

Honestly, I'm really afraid about armored kill now.
If the AK maps are just going to be super large maps that makes infantry totally useless (like 1943's air dominance mode), I'm not sure that's "BF" gameplay I'm going to enjoy either.

Disclaimer: Dream does not hate vehicles. Dream hate people who are more obsessed about vehicles than the objective.

olimpia84

That Seine game was pretty close, we wound up winning by like 13 tickets. After that they were not very lucky and kept getting awful random players

JJD

That Seine game was pretty close, we wound up winning by like 13 tickets. After that they were not very lucky and kept getting awful random players

That Seine game was tense! I thought we were going to lose that one...

I kept getting killed the moment I spawned on a flag.

Top Bottom