• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

Sorry for all that yelling dream but I'm sick of being paired with useless people. The only reason we won that round is because that one colonel level 100 joined us, otherwise we were toasted.

And on the game before that (Bazaar) the guy on my squad got mad because I asked for help capping the flags. He was like 'lol look at your KDR and how much you're dying you suck, my KDR is 1.4 and that's all I care'...the guy was being serious too. Then he wanted to set up a GAF vs his clan game because he got so upset after we began discussing on how to win a Conquest round. He claimed that the key to winning conquest is not capping the flag but protecting your KDR and let the other team run around capping flags....lol yeah I'm not even kidding. What a stupid jerk, he definitely comes from playing COD.

Bwa-hahahaha! That's unbelivable!

It was that SOUR2011 guy? His stats are pathetic! 500 plus hours and he's only a lvl. 39 colonel! I have less than half of that playtime and I'm already 31!

I'm not even mentioning his SPM, W/L or quit percentage!

olimpia84

Bwa-hahahaha! That's unbelivable!

It was that SOUR2011 guy? His stats are pathetic! 500 plus hours and he's only a lvl. 39 colonel! I have less than half of that playtime and I'm already 31!

I'm not even mentioning his SPM, W/L or quit percentage!

lol yeah, that's him. The worse part is that he was being serious and it sounded like he was well into his 20s (he was definitely not a kid)

Aim Assist has been Call of Duty levels bad before this patch, I wouldn't be surprised if they did buff it slightly.

@Faceless: Why wouldn't it be that way? It's the Engineer assignment for an all-class-kit gun type, yeah, but it makes sense from an "unlock" standpoint.

Also theoryfighter is hilarious.
no other assignment with all-class items is class specific! i just thought it was weird because i had like 12 shotgun kills and 6 knife kills in a game with a recon, but only the knife kills counted towards assignment progress...

Wait, as in an actual kill from unrepairing them or just vehicle destroy and they bailed?
an actual kill from them still being in there when it goes boom.

Trying to get this EOD kill is driving me insane. The thing is so hard to manoeuvre. Worst of all, I'm useless to the team while i'm trying to go for the kill. I don't understand why Dice has to put this sorta crap in for unlocking guns. Any tips on how to get this done?

Trying to get this EOD kill is driving me insane. The thing is so hard to manoeuvre. Worst of all, I'm useless to the team while i'm trying to go for the kill. I don't understand why Dice has to put this sorta crap in for unlocking guns. Any tips on how to get this done?

there are i guess 3 ways to do it

1) bowl an enemy over at max speed
2) eod repair tool an enemy to death
3) eod repair tool an occupied vehicle to death

i was just in a game where one guy on our team was obviously trying to do it, i felt bad for him.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
there are i guess 3 ways to do it

1) bowl an enemy over at max speed
2) eod repair tool an enemy to death
3) eod repair tool an occupied vehicle to death

i was just in a game where one guy on our team was obviously trying to do it, i felt bad for him.

You're going to help me with this shit when my connection is stable. I'm not pulling my hair out for that shitty EOD bot. Go fuck yourselves, DICE. ;___;

TheSeks

How bad was it before the patch? As I said I play with it turned off, I experimented a bit when the game released and decided to turn it off.

1) Even if you turn off Aim Assist it'll still be there slightly.

2) It was CoD4 levels before this patch (that you say buffed it) where it wasn't noticeable 9/10 of the time, but in a mid-range situation where you're ADS and a dude rushes by close-by, it'll start to "magnet" pull toward him throwing your aim off: hence "CoD bad." It's no where near as sticky as CoD6 and on, but it is noticeable, at least to me.

3) and I play with Aim Assist off, BTW.

He is right you know.
If everyone can average 10.0K/D per game, no one would need to capture flags.

lol.

iirc, ticket bleed in CQ is 1 every 4 seconds, which is 15 tickets per minute

for a team to win without capping flags, they'd have to be doing +16 kills per minute (as in 16 more kills per minute than the other team)

good luck with that... maybe if their team is 12 abuC's, that would work.

Any chance of using the GAF server to help each other complete this stupid assignment?

you want to boost?

Xux

The ticket system's so terrible. I'd love them to have a Conquest variant with a BC2 amount of vehicles, with triangular/pentagonal flag layouts, and COD domination point system.

RiverBed

Banned
The level of freezing recurrences this game has is beyond ridiculous. It freezes on me over
%60 of the time I play it! WTF?!

RiverBed

Banned
WTF?! it literally freezed on me the 5 times I tried to go in a Canals map!

W
T
F
?
!

wtf.jpg

P.S. In no way should this pic make the scenario any lighter. It is merely a form of expression.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dream it takes forever to type XMB messages and I was in the middle of a game. I replied as you were logging off, but basically: i'm not playing with gaf anymore. you guys don't need any help to win. i'd rather play with people who are behind and outnumbered. i don't believe in spawn camping and just running up the score on people. i've never been that guy and frankly i'm ashamed to have started doing it in BF... i only join the gaf games because I know it will be an uphill climb, since gaf is very good and pretty much always has the other team on the ropes. but that Kharg game is a good example of why i'm not playing with you guys anymore. it isn't sporting to pummel an undermanned team to the point they can't even get into their vehicles because they're being tanks shelled from afar and strafed by jets. i'm not telling people how they should play, i'm just not going to take part in it. i'd rather play against.

that last game you joined me... where we took a team that was being decimated and snagged a victory despite the odds, that was more fun than any game I've had will gaf in months. we helped that team win and that felt really good.

Dream it takes forever to type XMB messages and I was in the middle of a game. I replied as you were logging off, but basically: i'm not playing with gaf anymore. you guys don't need any help to win. i'd rather play with people who are behind and outnumbered. i don't believe in spawn camping and just running up the score on people. i've never been that guy and frankly i'm ashamed to have started doing it in BF... i only join the gaf games because I know it will be an uphill climb, since gaf is very good and pretty much always has the other team on the ropes. but that Kharg game is a good example of why i'm not playing with you guys anymore. it isn't sporting to pummel an undermanned team to the point they can't even get into their vehicles because they're being tanks shelled from afar and strafed by jets. i'm not telling people how they should play, i'm just not going to take part in it. i'd rather play against.

that last game you joined me... where we took a team that was being decimated and snagged a victory despite the odds, that was more fun than any game I've had will gaf in months. we helped that team win and that felt really good.

I'm with you on this. When there's six gaffers on the same team, you basically win without even trying. There's no challenge and there's no way to improve as a player. The best games are when the gaffers are split between the 2 teams. Lot more competitive and fun.

Well, first of all, you of all people should know that I don't like spawn camping in rush at all.
I don't even like moving away from the objective.
In fact I am going to say I'm the epitome of "watching m-com" forever alone while yelling at every freaking person to get back in *sigh*.
So I am a bit hurt that you lumping me into that category.

Second, I was going to join you in the Kharg round, but then I saw JM joining you and thought you would be okay. I didn't notice that he switched until very late in the game.

Third, I'm aware that you're unhappy with gaf and wants to play merc whatever.
Hence, why I joined you on the canal game and attempted to switch side.
If you need me, not necessarily as a team member, but to buff an enemy team - hey I'm okay with that.

Finally, and I've said this before - the only thing I hope you don't do is to become someone who think "All victory is my glory, all loses are other people's fault. No more room to improve." And this isn't going to be solved even if we play together, cause 90% of the time gaf still says "randoms fault completely."

i have noticed that some people have decided to go rogue and i am stating that i am now officially going to go anti-rogue. if i'm in a game and it's 3 GAF people on each side (including me) i'm going to switch sides to make it 4 on 2. if it's 4 on 3 and i'm on the side with 3, i will make it 5 on 2. anti-rogue since 2012.

TheSeks

i have noticed that some people have decided to go rogue and i am stating that i am now officially going to go anti-rogue. if i'm in a game and it's 3 GAF people on each side (including me) i'm going to switch sides to make it 4 on 2. if it's 4 on 3 and i'm on the side with 3, i will make it 5 on 2. anti-rogue since 2012.

Or, you could just play with me instead of joining babby mode civil wars. *cough cough*

When my DSL is fixed. ;___;

tn2007

I think GAF needs a competitive division. That way we can play together and against good competition. No more mercenaries, no more rogues, just awesome team work and hard earned wins!

TheSeks

I am sill pissed about FALLING 1 STORY AND DIEING

I've fallen a story before and let me just say, that shit hurts. May not kill you but you'd be staggering for a bit.

Press back on left-stick while deploying parachute. TAH-DAH no fall damage anymore.

tn2007

It wouldn't be the same.
Durant isn't that physical and there's no underdog feeling.

Also, we all know OKC has the higher chance of winning, regardless of heat or celt.

Yes, OKC has the higher chance, because they have a better overall TEAM. But now we get to see Lebron vs Durant which will prove who is the number one player in the NBA. Durant might not be physically better than Lebron but he is mentally tougher. As a basketball fan I'm so excited.

Underdogs are like roller coasters, it's a cheap thrill. Best vs best is what I like to see. Just like I want to see a Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight.

Yes, OKC has the higher chance, because they have a better overall TEAM. But now we get to see Lebron vs Durant which will prove who is the number one player in the NBA. Durant might not be physically better than Lebron but he is mentally tougher. As a basketball fan I'm so excited.

Underdogs are like roller coasters, it's a cheap thrill. Best vs best is what I like to see. Just like I want to see a Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight.

I'm the type that prefer to watch team vs. team as oppose to player vs. player :p.
When I say physical, I don't mean physically better. I mean Durant doesn't play as rough as Lebron does. (which is sad, cause people don't give Durant enough credit sometimes.)

It's a mindset thing I guess.

Anyway, will look forward to OKC vs MIA.

tn2007

I'm the type that prefer to watch team vs. team as oppose to player vs. player :p.

Anyway, will look forward to OKC vs MIA.

We got that already with the TWO best TEAMS in the NBA playing in the western conference finals. Now it's all about player legacies. A dynasty can start after these finals and now a new rivalry will start these finals.

I'll stop playing bf3 for awhile.
Need to shut up and also sleep earlier.

That being said, let me know if you need to be added as admin to the server. People use it to set up games or boost if they have to.
(feel free to change any setting also.)

Would appreciate if people can update the VIP list also, since I don't have all regular gaffers on my friend list due to size limitation.

Top Bottom