• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I renewed my ps3 server lease for 90 days. I I put up all 13 maps today with mostly Rush with some Conquest and TDM thrown in the mix. Please, check it out and let me know what you think of the rotation. Thanks.

I renewed my ps3 server lease for 90 days. I I put up all 13 maps today with mostly Rush with some Conquest and TDM thrown in the mix. Please, check it out and let me know what you think of the rotation. Thanks.

You have to feed people the server name :) (or constantly advertise it.)

but this Dreamgazer meltdown is new! I'll hop on as soon as I set up my HDTV & PS3. (Still no couch in my new place)

No one cares about my "meltdown" anyway.
I'll be off on most days till after July 5th.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
TDM......

2Nodh.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
I started out so horribly in CQ, it's such a different change of pace. But the last two games have been an improvement... I got to level 17 in Gun Master and 22-2 on Conquest Domination as recon. Now I'm probably going to get whooped to even things out.

Kak.efes

Why isn't there a dedicated rush server? I'd like to play more with you guys, but my preference for rush pretty much precludes me from doing so.

Tentative future update Balance changes and Fixes

• A number of weapons have had their reload timers adjusted to better fit their animations and gameplay balance. For most of these weapons the gameplay timers were slightly out of sync with the actual reload animation, meaning the player could either fire before the animation was done, or had to wait longer than the animation played. Primarily this is a cosmetic change (around 0.1sec); however for a few weapons (M416, F2000, FAMAS, KH2002, MK3A1, JNG90, MG36 QBU-88, SVD, Pecheneg, SCAR-H, AN-94) this should also improve the performance of the weapon.
  • Short and Long reload reduced: SCAR-L, AEK-971, F2000, AN-94, AK-74, PP2000, G3A3, SKS, MG36, JNG-90, MK3A1, SCAR-H, SVD, QBZ-95B
  • Long reload reduced: AUG A3, 44 Magnum, KH2002, Pecheneg, L85A2, QBB-95, M1911, MP7, M4A1
  • Short reload reduced: FAMAS, M39 EBR, M416, PP-19, QBU-88;
  • Short and long reload increased: ASVal
  • Long reload increased: P90
  • Belt Fed Machine guns are now more accurate when standing and firing while aiming: M240, M249, Type88, and Pecheneg
  • Increased the close range damage of the UMP but reduced its damage over range. The UMP now has a sweet spot in CQB but suffers compared to the PP2000 at longer ranges.
  • Increased the long range damage of the PP2000 to highlight its role as a mid-range, low recoil PDW.
  • Increased the min damage of the M1911 to make it fit better between the Magnums and the M9/MP443
  • Reduced the M93R's damage and range, as it was an obvious goto pistol compared to the M9/MP443. Its recoil has been reduced for a smoother burst action to counter the reduced damage.
  • Increased the fire rate and reload time of the MP412 REX to better highlight the improved CQB performance over the 44 Magnum.
  • SG553: Horizontal recoil reduced to help make this weapon more controllable.
  • MG36: Vertical recoil reduced to make this weapon more controllable.
  • M416: Vertical, Horizontal, and First Shot recoil have all be reduced to make this weapon clearly different from the M16A3.
  • 44 Magnum: Rate of fire reduced slightly to highlight this sidearm's role as a slow firing heavy hitter and differentiate it from the MP412 REX.
  • M16A3: Recoil amounts slightly increased.
  • M4A1: Recoil amounts slightly increased.
  • G36: Vertical and First Shot recoil amounts reduced.
  • The bonuses provided by a number of bipods have been increased: F2000, G3A3, M27, M416, Pecheneg, Type88, FAMAS, MG36
  • Added Burst Fire to the M5K as an available option.
  • Slightly reduced the range bonus added by the heavy barrel on the 5.56mm, 5.45mm, 6.5mm Assault Rifles.
  • Slightly reduced the range penalty for the suppressor on 5.56mm, 5.45mm, and 6.5mm weapons: AR, Carbine, and LMG.
  • Slightly reduced the range penalty for the suppressor on the SCAR-H.
  • The radius for maximum damage of the 40mm LVG has been slightly increased. The overall damage level and range remain the same.
  • Fixed the SCAR-L heavy barrel not increasing recoil when zoomed and standing.
  • Fixed Jets not getting bonuses on Laser Designated targets.
  • Fixed the AUG’s M320 smoke having an incorrectly high projectile velocity.
  • Fixed helicopter weapons being unable to destroy equipment with splash damage.
  • Increased the damage helicopter and jet rockets do to helicopters and jets and infantry.
  • Increased the damage helicopter gunners and IFVs do to helicopters and jets.
  • Slightly increased the damage of the AA vs infantry, AA is significantly less effective than even the coaxial LMG on tanks, making it extremely vulnerable. AA should be effective against a single infantryman but not over powering

Don't understand why the rocket pods were nerfed in the first place. It was perfect the way it was prior to the patch. Now we have to wait until Armored Kill hits to get the udpate.

Edit: 93r nerf? Really?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PKP getting a recoil nerf while standing? Overpowered gun becomes overpowered.

@Jet ramming: Or causing the jet to suicide and the helicopter to be killed since that'd be the realistic option.

Be annoying to deal with, but at least both players are penalized for it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Noticing I'm getting "bad luck" deaths for no reason... I was jumping through a windo to go into a building and I die.

Flying an airplane ... and I die
---

I also noticed that my T-ugs and spawn beacon literally disappear is I spawn on my previous spawn beacon and attempt to set another one nearly immediately

TheSeks

wait I thought jet ramming was people just using planes to suicide into your helicopter, killing both of you?

No. Jet's are completely fine with ramming. Same with the MAV. It's why it's broken and DICE needs to make all vehicles that ram into each other (that aren't grounds, obviously) a suicide/death for pilots and passengers in the air.
Though it'd be odd why an MAV would kill a helicopter or jet outside of screwing with an engine, should still be able to safely land or attempt to land it to "repair" the damage.

Effect

How is the console online handled again? There are EA supplied servers in addition to private ones? Or is it P2P and for servers you have to rent your own?

Being used to 32 players and higher are the maps properly scaled down for 24 players? Does it ever seem to empty?

TheSeks

Er-No it doesn't. And it's EA dedicated servers all around. "Private"/Rent-a-servers are just slotted paid-for servers on EA's dime.

AKA: It's the same damn thing as PC. Don't get your panties in a twist.

How is the console online handled again? There are EA supplied servers in addition to private ones? Or is it P2P and for servers you have to rent your own?

Being used to 32 players and higher are the maps properly scaled down for 24 players? Does it ever seem to empty?

VjyLk.gif

But to answer your questions

There are official EA servers and player rented servers. Both are dedicated. And no, never seems empty to me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Some maps do feel a little empty since they added jets.

TheSeks

Some maps do feel a little empty since they added jets.

Only because you aren't up in the air. dealwithitdogglasses.gif

No but really, it feels like BC2 24-players to me. Which is fine.

OG Kush

Ah ok on that jet ramming.. and how can some of u lot say it aint empty compared to PC? Quite a few maps actually feel quite empty compared to pc:
Caspian Conqeust
Gulf of oman 4 flag conquest
strike at karkand 5 flag
wake island 5 flag
sharqi 5 flag
and kharg conqeust

Ah ok on that jet ramming.. and how can some of u lot say it aint empty compared to PC? Quite a few maps actually feel quite empty compared to pc:
Caspian Conqeust
strike at karkand 5 flag
wake island 5 flag
sharqi 5 flag
and kharg conqeust

Opinions, man.

Ocho

I've never played the PC version, but do feel some maps pretty empty, especially when you have 6 people on the air doing nothing.

OG Kush

I've never played the PC version, but do feel some maps pretty empty, especially when you have 6 people on the air doing nothing.

Mate it ain't 6 its, 8! 2 planes in each time, and then 2people in the helictoper in each time. Thats 4 people in the air per team.

DenogginizerOS

I am just trying a few things to mix it up. Right now, everyone likes the CQC mix I have been running, so I am trying to transition that server set to one that is Rush 24/7.

The easiest way to find my server is to send a friend request. I change the name based on what I have running. I may put ASG in the title to make it easier. Here is the bf3stats link: http://bf3stats.com/server/ps3_e8007e77-3739-4505-912b-5f411fe2b7ed

DenogginizerOS

I....actually like Close Quarters.

What is wrong with me?
I like it because it scratches an itch. It provides what I like at times about old school FPS death match but in a Battlefield world. But when my friends are online, the desire to play the more cerebral fare of Rush and Conquest comes back.

Fixed the SCAR-L heavy barrel not increasing recoil when zoomed and standing.
SCAR-L about to be banned by admins!

Slightly increased the damage of the AA vs infantry, AA is significantly less effective than even the coaxial LMG on tanks, making it extremely vulnerable. AA should be effective against a single infantryman but not over powering

nice! it was crazy that an infantry could reliably solo an AA vehicle after the damage nerf.

Noticing I'm getting "bad luck" deaths for no reason... I was jumping through a windo to go into a building and I die.

Flying an airplane ... and I die
---

I also noticed that my T-ugs and spawn beacon literally disappear is I spawn on my previous spawn beacon and attempt to set another one nearly immediately

last week, i got a bad luck while standing still and the controller wasn't even in my hands!

Effect

Put my order in for the game. With with free shipping on Amazon so hopefully it should get here next week. Which is good because I'll be on vacation during that time. Not sure if I'll get Premium right away. I got the PC version at launch and have really enjoyed the B2K maps so I'm sure I'll miss those but I'll by how much. That might speed my decision to make the buy. If I didn't enjoy the game so much I wouldn't be double dipping like this but the sale on Amazon is making it a bit easier.

Edit: Nevermind. Going to hold off a bit.

Caspian Conqeust
strike at karkand 5 flag
wake island 5 flag
sharqi 5 flag
and kharg conqeust

you know, now that i think about it, despite Caspian having only 4 flags, it seems lonelier than all of those 5 flag maps.

I am just trying a few things to mix it up. Right now, everyone likes the CQC mix I have been running, so I am trying to transition that server set to one that is Rush 24/7.

The easiest way to find my server is to send a friend request. I change the name based on what I have running. I may put ASG in the title to make it easier.

get the bf3stats.com url for it and maybe get it listed in the OP. then you can link to a banner that updates the name and stuff automatically.

e.g:

Custom Servers as of 04/05/2012:

• PS3

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So I am off to buy this game today as I need a new shooter. Bored of everything I have and I loved BC2 :p! What should I know before jumping in?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I am off to buy this game today as I need a new shooter. Bored of everything I have and I loved BC2 :p! What should I know before jumping in?

Don't expect BC2. This isn't that.

OG Kush

he means the average weapon damage is somewhere between BC2 hardcore and BC2 normal. MoH weapon damage was close to BC2 hardcore mode.

ah ok. speaking of hardcore I would play it more if they actually showed your ammo number, or atleast showed it for a few seconds when you spawn cos otherwise its just freaking stupid. How you meant to remember ammo count for every gun?

ah ok. speaking of hardcore I would play it more if they actually showed your ammo number, or atleast showed it for a few seconds when you spawn cos otherwise its just freaking stupid. How you meant to remember ammo count for every gun?

How I play hardcore (and everything else)
video-game-memes-fps-problems.jpg

"shit man, why you reloading that m249 after just one shot?"
"can't help it."

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
This game has single handedly destroyed my 360 HDD :p. First a 1.5GB install and now a 2.3GB MP update. What the hell does that update contain?!?! I was planning on buying BF3 Premium but... heh, I don't have the space on my tiny as shit 20GB HDD.

he means the average weapon damage is somewhere between BC2 hardcore and BC2 normal. MoH weapon damage was close to BC2 hardcore mode.
BF3 has much higher recoil and spread than BFBC2 in my experience though, so it takes a lot longer to get the same number of bullets on target. The actual time it took to kill someone in a practical sense was much lower in BFBC2.

The sound cut off bug happens all the time after the patch. :(

HAS THE BEST SOUND EVER
* DICE LOGO *
MUTES ITSELF EVERY MATCH
I have to say that BFBC2 had much better audio too I'm afraid, even without the sound cutting out :)

Cake Boss

Banned
I havent played this game in a while. Been promted a title update that is 2 gigs large. Why the fuck is it this big for just a patch.

BTW need some 360 friends to play with.
Gamertag: Cake Boss

UFRA

The sound cut off bug happens all the time after the patch. :(

HAS THE BEST SOUND EVER
* DICE LOGO *
MUTES ITSELF EVERY MATCH

Yeah no kidding.

Probably the most stupid glitch you could have in a war game.

Half the fun is hearing all the shit going down. Tanks driving by and shooting while a jet flies overhead and a guy fires a SAW next to you. Ahhh yes.

Instead, I hear nothing but my own footsteps half the time.

Top Bottom