• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Yopis

I'm the type that prefer to watch team vs. team as oppose to player vs. player :p.
When I say physical, I don't mean physically better. I mean Durant doesn't play as rough as Lebron does. (which is sad, cause people don't give Durant enough credit sometimes.)

It's a mindset thing I guess.

Anyway, will look forward to OKC vs MIA.

Would be nice if durant played def. Lebron plays in both ends. Also looking forward to game.

Fonz72

Has anyone else noticed a lot more cut offs in audio since the patch? I thought it was supposed to fix this problem.

It happens to me at least once per match most matchs, but it comes back. Also the GODDAMN freezing and loss of connection errors!!! I was raging last night, tried for an hour and only got one match in. It's almost as if I paid $50 extra so my frustrations were "premium" problems. I've also reloaded the CQ pack twice and still can't search servers, I can only join a friend playing them.
On PS3 BTW.

Lakitu

st5fu
Hate to ask this again because I don't frequent this thread much, but which custom 360 servers does GAF frequent in? The ones in the OP?

server admin just switched us all to his team!

:lol

Then the round after that, Have At You and myself get switched to the other team, Have proceeds to destroy the admin with his auto shotty and gets booted for it. I send a message of hate to the admin and I get booted and banned, lol. First server I have been banned from, I feel so proud.

Hate to ask this again because I don't frequent this thread much, but which custom 360 servers does GAF frequent in? The ones in the OP?

Search for "Misfits Social Club" I play there pretty often, almost nightly.

Then the round after that, Have At You and myself get switched to the other team, Have proceeds to destroy the admin with his auto shotty and gets booted for it. I send a message of hate to the admin and I get booted and banned, lol. First server I have been banned from, I feel so proud.

Ha, I was playing with you guys last night and didn't even know it. I was wondering why the teams were getting switched up so much. I ended up quitting out because one team was always dominant over the other and I got put on the bad team.

meppi

Hmm, btw forgot to ask, but did that vaQ88 guy get kicked last night for spawn camping with the chopper?
If so, GOOD! :D

If you're trying to populate a server and willingly not capture all points and hold back at a central point, it's infuriating to see one idiot try and be mr. awesome mc. spawn camp.

Reading the past couple of posts, I'm glad I don't have to deal with those technical issues anymore.
In 82 hours of BF3 online play, my 360 has never frozen even once, yet this shit happened on a daily basis on the PS3. Good riddance.

Ha, I was playing with you guys last night and didn't even know it. I was wondering why the teams were getting switched up so much. I ended up quitting out because one team was always dominant over the other and I got put on the bad team.
I didn't even notice you in there! Gotta get that GAF clan tag going!
Word to that. Anti-rogue at its finest.
Yes, that server is the anti rogue. I will make sure the team is stacked in my favor with fellow GAFers and others. Win win win win win win, win win win win win.

I didn't even notice you in there! Gotta get that GAF clan tag going!

Yes, that server is the anti rogue. I will make sure the team is stacked in my favor with fellow GAFers and others. Win win win win win win, win win win win win.

I guess I need to change my clan tag then. I always just run with [LOPE], same as my friends(who never play battlefield anymore). Either way, you should send me a friend request. GT: AlmostMilk

<3 360GAF

Y5FiJ.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1st set ... B is the indoor one, right?

it was like 8 of us inside and them outside and there were just grenades and revives aplenty for SEVERAL MINUTES

occasionally, someone would rush in or rush out and die too far away to be revived..

Ah, I've had that before but with RPG-7's included.

olimpia84

Wow, what an epic D-Peak game with boa and dawn. The other team had better team players and we were stuck with some low level nobodies. We started off good, we built a small lead but then they took over (including stealing our chopper...smh). I can't remember how many tickets we were down but it was impossible to win since the ticket lead was so big and they had all three flags. This is the first comeback that I never expected to win, it was almost impossible yet we pulled it off somehow.

Battlelog report: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/49646562/4/

My battlelog report comment: "You steal our chopper? We steal your WIN"

TROLLFACE.JPG

meppi

Had a ton of fun this evening for a change.
Found a Belgium server and had a look. Not a single asshole in there! :-0
On top of that both admins on the server never kicked or banned anyone, despite being on the losing team.
Wish every night could be like this.

Oh the best part about that round was getting ass raped by a jet which was hovering behind me and following me to make sure and take me out.
I just out of the tank when it's at 8%, take out my RPG7 turn around while he's slowly getting away do a hail mary BC2 style shot and watch him explode into pieces. :D

I really get the sense you've never played with someone who utilizes vehicles properly. I can't even count the number of times I've stopped a defensive team from disarming an M-COM by hellfiring the shit out of it.

LMAO. Is that an indirect diss to all the vehicle pilots on PS3-GAF?

Look,
I can't even count the number of times I've killed dis-armers with with a mortar (even the post-patch nerf.)
Does that mean I should pop a mortar up all the time?

No.

I'll even shamelessly say that I have more m-com defender pins than most of GAF (based on my player hours), does that make me better than everyone in vehicles?

NO.

Let me reiterate my hatred for vehicle obsession again.

I have nothing against vehicle themselves.
You will never hear me complain about any vehicles being overpowered.
You will never hear me complain about any vehicles being underpowered.
A vehicle is like any other tool to me in BF.
If it can help me win, great. If it can't, then I don't give a damn.

protip: Find that chopper/jet annoying? Pretend it doesn't exist - it never bothers me.

However, I hate vehicles obsessed people.

I hate it when Sekoku decided to stayed at base 1 of BC2 Port Valdez, to take out a useless chopper - when I'm lone arming in Base 5.

I hate *BEEP* and *BEEP* who flies the chopper on dpeak rush-attack 3rd set. While we couldn't get enough people to attack a m-com.

I hate it when 3 of my squad mates decide to drive tanks and helicopters on capsin conquest, when the enemy have more ground troops capping flags.

I hate it when 3 of my squad mates sit in one tank at one flag of Bazaar, while I try to cap two other flags.

I hate it when I get into a capsin conquest, and every random is on a jet and my squad mates are on a chopper, slowly capping 1 flag and say "look I can cap flags with a chopper you hater", while I just capped 4 and win the round with MVP and 1 kill.

I hate it when I watch 2 of my squad mates sitting in a tank, on the last set of dpeak rush, unwilling to get out of the tank to take the risk and disarm the LAST FREAKING MCOM left (assuming they didn't drive the tank far away from the m-com already.)

I hate it when my squad mate get into a tank in crossing, drives out and say "oh shit tons of mines, let me take 10 minutes to clear these out before I go help you." Then he never showed (tank got c4ed while he was all busy clearing mine.)

I hate it when my squad mate decided it was more important to take out a useless chopper that couldn't kill anyone, while i watch them get knifed as they waste time on the idiot.

I hate it when my squad mates all play engineer, trapped in an never ending cycle of repairing a tank being bombed at our only flag (C). At the same time, I'm sitting at the opposite end of map wonder if my teammates will spawn on me to cap first (A), or am I going to be killed first. Oh look, I even have a spawn beacon up for people!

I hate it when people tell me bs like "we got to take out that chopperrrrrrrrrrrr"... or what? that chopper is going to transform into starscream and arm the m-com? No, it's the 4 people who are going to the m-com that's arming that shit.

I HATE it when we have a 200+ ticket lead, and then all my squad mates get on a vehicle at the begining of a conquest game, and they're all happy getting multi-kills. While I lone cap forever alone, watching that ticket bleed...then even......then the lead become loss. When finally my teammates "wakes up" and get on the ground with me. We then lose at 3 ticket, and they crap like say "oh what a close game." even though we had more points, more kills, more everything (not referring to anyone in particular, cause I can't count how many times this garbage happens.)

Yeah.

And someone somewhere is reading this and thinking "oh it can't be me, I would never do that. I'm godly in vehicles. Dream just hating. Biggest hater in the world".

SMH.

meppi

I hate it when my squad mate decided it was more important to take out a useless chopper that couldn't kill anyone, while i watch them get knifed as they waste time on the idiot.

You just stood there and let the enemy slit his throat? You monster! :-O

meppi

I killed the moron of course, but still.

It's freaking funny when people get so annoyed/angry at enemy vehicles, while I'm the one who don't give a crap.

Well it all depends on what they do.
If they are constantly raping bases from the air and prohibiting me from taking a flag, then I'll be sure to give them some attention one way or another.

Same if a tank is rushing in to capture a point and I happen to be an engineer.
That sucker will go down even if I have to suicide torch him. ;)

If they don't offer any real threat, than I'm very happy to simply spot them whenever I have them in my line of sight and let others take care of them if they want, or just to make sure they can't surprise anyone who pays attention to their map.

TheSeks

Wait, what? Base 1 in Port Valadez... Rush? Conquest? Because I never have stayed behind to take a chopper out on Port Valadez Rush. And if I stayed at B on Conquest, it's because it's the godly based VADS that mows them down in seconds and I can't trust a teammate to sit there and guard it and take them out as they're getting in the air.

Wait, what? Base 1 in Port Valadez... Rush? Conquest? Because I never have stayed behind to take a chopper out on Port Valadez Rush. And if I stayed at B on Conquest, it's because it's the godly based VADS that mows them down in seconds and I can't trust a teammate to sit there and guard it and take them out as they're getting in the air.

Rush, attack, base 1.
We were moving onto the last base and I spawned on you, on top of base 1's construction site trying to take down the chopper ( which was flying in and out for repair I guess). I couldn't get an ATV so I had to run all the way to the last base.

Well it all depends on what they do.
If they are constantly raping bases from the air and prohibiting me from taking a flag, then I'll be sure to give them some attention one way or another.

Same if a tank is rushing in to capture a point and I happen to be an engineer.
That sucker will go down even if I have to suicide torch him. ;)

If they don't offer any real threat, than I'm very happy to simply spot them whenever I have them in my line of sight and let others take care of them if they want, or just to make sure they can't surprise anyone who pays attention to their map.

What I wish more is for people to just wait till the tank move away and cap a flag/ arm the m-com. That or move away and take another objective instead.
So often on capsin, we run toward D, see a tank and then someone has to rocket it. I love playing waiting game with tanks >.>

Mahonay

Banned
Been playing a ton in the past few days. Since the update I feel like knifing works way less than it used to. Getting in a lot of situations where I get behind someone and instead of going for the stabbing animation my character decides to bob the knife around all sides of the enemy. It's gotten me killed a couple times while fumbling to get my gun out after I realize the shit isn't working.

Oddly stabbing people laying prone seems a lot easier now. I guess that's on pace with how these patches have been going. Fix one thing, fuck up another.

TheSeks

Rush, attack, base 1.
We were moving onto the last base and I spawned on you, on top of base 1's construction site trying to take down the chopper ( which was flying in and out for repair I guess). I couldn't get an ATV so I had to run all the way to the last base.

Ohhhhh that game. Yeah, the Apache was mowing us down and I was at the fourth set and saw them landing it at second or first set so I snuck there to try to take it out (and failed at it). I didn't even notice you spawn on me since I was hoofing it that direction to try to C4 or Rocket them. Forgetting which class I had.

Do you have to buy Premium before a certain time? Or will it always be offered?

It'll always be offered. So if you think you can wait on a price drop, that is recommended.

Frankly Close Quarters is really only good for the new weapons. Domination is doomed now that everyone learned the c4 trick.

Effect

It'll always be offered. So if you think you can wait on a price drop, that is recommended.

Frankly Close Quarters is really only good for the new weapons. Domination is doomed now that everyone learned the c4 trick.

Thanks.

Going to be picking up the PS3 version soon. Tired of dealing with my recent computer issues and really not in the mood to update certain parts again or even see if they're the problem. Whenever I play BF3 I seem to have issues lately so looks like it might just be better to move it to the console.

Thanks.

Going to be picking up the PS3 version soon. Tired of dealing with my recent computer issues and really not in the mood to update certain parts again or even see if they're the problem. Whenever I play BF3 I seem to have issues lately so looks like it might just be better to move it to the console.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your setup?
(perhaps this would be better in the pc thread >.>)

TheSeks

Should just give that set-up to me. At least then I'd be free of stupid civil wars. *cough cough*

Effect

If you don't mind me asking, what is your setup?
(perhaps this would be better in the pc thread >.>)

I could most likely trace back the problem just not in the mood to really deal with it. Thanks. Been meaning to move as many purchases I could from the PC to console because I'm trying to cut back my PC gaming in general and this is just a good excuse as any to do so.

PC gaming remains exactly the same for me as when I left it >.>
Basically the scene died for me when PC-JRPG pretty much died (TGL became h-game exclusive, Falcom sold out/milking the hell out of Ys and Legend of Heroes, rest of Asian market made MMOs only.)

Staring at my newly built pc, and the only thing I enjoy is that flawed Civ 5. *sigh*
(and my back log of Memories Off game.)

sweet, got all the CQ unlocks, and even managed to get 3/5 trophies, including accidentally finding out what the hidden one was.

just in time to get to do it all over again on san roku maru.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So Close Quarters today for non Premium PS3 folks?

No_Style

Oh hi.

Saw Fersis mention something BF3 related on Twitter so I thought I'd check in on this thread.

I see the BF3 civil strife is still alive and well, but this Dreamgazer meltdown is new! I'll hop on as soon as I set up my HDTV & PS3. (Still no couch in my new place)

Top Bottom