• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
official rules state that any win against an opposing team that consists of two or more members with the same clan tags is a clan battle victory.

Where are these rules? In sand? =3

Last time I checked you guys were kicking our ass for about 180-220 tickets. Sure, at the end your team gave up... but that isn't my problem.

That was probably on damavand peak.. That was fun =3... until spawn killing with the chopper

Should I respond to evolve's drunk post or shut my mouth before someone think I'm whining again?

Last time I checked you guys were kicking our ass for about 180-220 tickets. Sure, at the end your team gave up... but that isn't my problem.

Damn right it ain't your problem.

Rebel Leader

I think we should do a private server and do a straight pure GAF vs GAF match

---

EDIT: I hoped no on caught this... Damn you dream

olimpia84

Lately there has been a lot of GAF vs GAF rounds. I guess now that the new maps are out a lot of people are coming back to the game. Problem is, it's never really balanced; there will always be a side that will have 2 or 3 low level randoms that don't do jackshit and lose the game for you.

olimpia84

Adding to my post above:

One thing I don't quite understand is sometimes when there's a GAF vs GAF round usually what ends up happening is one team ends up dominating the game (I'm talking about Conquest with increased tickets) so the randoms on the losing team end up quitting because they get frustrated and it becomes impossible to comeback, yet nobody from the winning team bothers to switch to the losing team during the middle of the round to help. It's not only 'help' but I find this type of situation as a nice challenge...you know switching to a team losing by more than 150 tickets and coming back to win.

Adding to my post above:

One thing I don't quite understand is sometimes when there's a GAF vs GAF round usually what ends up happening is one team ends up dominating the game (I'm talking about Conquest with increased tickets) so the randoms on the losing team end up quitting because they get frustrated and it becomes impossible to comeback, yet nobody from the winning team bothers to switch to the losing team during the middle of the round to help. It's not only 'help' but I find this type of situation as a nice challenge...you know switching to a team losing by more than 150 tickets and coming back to win.

You do that to me from time to time. >.>
Remember the PYR game?

meppi

Adding to my post above:

You honestly don't understand? ;)
If anything, if team balance we off you'd see everyone joining the winning team.

Sometimes teams do deserve to get raped though.
I joined a match on Seine Crossing CQ and noticed that all 3 of my squad mates were in their spawn on their belly playing snipe the bad guy on the other side of the river.
After a couple of failed attempts to breach the line and capture a point all by myself, I switched squad.
What did I see? Another 3 complete morons doing the exact same things and bunch nr.1.
They must have figured: "hey those guys seem to know what they are doing, so let's follow their lead. After all they are 2-15". :-/

So I switched teams instead of just leaving the game only to find myself in a squad of German speaking assholes that immediately left that squad to create a new one.
After looking at the team lists, I realized it was 8 idiots playing together trying to pad their stats.
Shortly after I got kicked by them because I didn't spawn camp on the same level as they were. This game certainly attracts the worst players imaginable.
I never got this terrible in BC2. (chopper whores aside)

You honestly don't understand? ;)
If anything, if team balance we off you'd see everyone joining the winning team.

Sometimes teams do deserve to get raped though.

Hey, just because you want to switch team doesn't mean the rest of us do.

This game:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/48728709/4/188837097/

Dawn, kurisub & I were against Olimpia, JJD and Faceless + 2 smokie clan members. We were losing by 100+ tickets and people were quitting on us. Fortunately some better random joined in, and faceless left mid game (dawn was out later game.)? We started winning back and their players start quitting in reverse.

Point:
Conquest tides can change easily.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

bullshit, when you joined it was one sided and you joined the stacked team. We were at least 3 men down.

So... my first round as a merc and the game freezes at the end. us randoms had a nice lead but gaf was making a comeback after getting some reinforcements... the germans I was playing with were coordinating to get a flag back and hold two until the finish, but it froze :/ fucking bullshit. anyway... suck it bitches. better get used to competition.

Hey, just because you want to switch team doesn't mean the rest of us do.

This game:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/48728709/4/188837097/

Dawn, kurisub & I were against Olimpia, JJD and Faceless + 2 smokie clan members. We were losing by 100+ tickets and people were quitting on us. Fortunately some better random joined in, and faceless left mid game (dawn was out later game.)? We started winning back and their players start quitting in reverse.

Point:
Conquest tides can change easily.
That game was 10 vs 11 when you were losing. It was 8 vs 11 when you started to come back. And it was 7 vs 12 when I left.

tn2007

Damavand Peak
BF3 Stats Damavand Peak
Four GAFs versus two for more than two-thirds of the game. You guys lost this game because you were too aggressive and tried to cap us out. GAF always loses because they always want to cap out instead of holding the majority of the flags and setting up a good defense. Patriot was right about the fact that you guys were beating us by at least 60 tickets before we came back, and the teams were even for most of the match until we came back and your teammates quit.

Kharg Island
BF3 Stats Kharg Island
You guys really gonna complain about this one too? Three GAFs versus two, yeah that was fair. And I don't want to hear about oh our team sucked bull crap. Dawn and I had to carry the team. We were just smart not to wast 5 minutes at A in two tanks trying to cap a base with only me and Dawn there.

Its not like Patriot and I didn't want to be on your team, it's not our fault that auto balance makes it that way. All of us here love to play with GAF and thats why we joined the GAF platoon. Hell, I wanted to play with olimpia earlier and they put me on the other team, buI stayed and took that lost because it's not a big deal.

Rebel Leader

Damavand Peak
BF3 Stats Damavand Peak
Four GAFs versus two for more than two-thirds of the game. You guys lost this game because you were too aggressive and tried to cap us out. GAF always loses because they always want to cap out instead of holding the majority of the flags and setting up a good defense. Patriot was right about the fact that you guys were beating us by at least 60 tickets before we came back, and the teams were even for most of the match until we came back and your teammates quit.

Kharg Island
BF3 Stats Kharg Island
You guys really gonna complain about this one too? Three GAFs versus two, yeah that was fair. And I don't want to hear about oh our team sucked bull crap. Dawn and I had to carry the team. We were just smart not to wast 5 minutes at A in two tanks trying to cap a base with only me and Dawn there.

Its not like Patriot and I didn't want to be on your team, it's not our fault that auto balance makes it that way. All of us here love to play with GAF and thats why we joined the GAF platoon. Hell, I wanted to play with olimpia earlier and they put me on the other team, buI stayed and took that lost because it's not a big deal.

My response

That game was 10 vs 11 when you were losing. It was 8 vs 11 when you started to come back. And it was 7 vs 12 when I left.

When I checked it was 11 vs 9 when we were losing (shortly after evolved left). Then some randoms joined and we start winning ticket back, Then I weren't sure when you left, and then dawn left late game.

Thanks for adding me.

When are you guys on? Is there a schedule for meet ups?

not really, just random playtime and all around the clock as there are people all over the world. you can add some active players to your buddy list for easier access to same games, the platoon does nothing but stats really.

Evolved1

not really, just random playtime and all around the clock as there are people all over the world. you can add some active players to your buddy list for easier access to same games, the platoon does nothing but stack really.

fix'd for the lol/.

it really is a shame DICE hasn't integrated the Battlelog into the console versions. How hard could it be to have a "see people on my Platoon that are online" as a list ingame?

The worst attitude to have:

"I did the best I can do, it's not my fault the team can't carry through."

somewhere, a camping sniper is saying the same thing.

Don't bathe in the glory of lame wins and blame others in the instances of deserved loss.

Be more critical
Reflect
Improve
Ignore choppers that couldn't kill anyone (yes, I'm talking about that canal game yesterday :p)

Bitch about yourself and become a better player

-Dream, the whiner.

Evolved1

The worst attitude to have:

"I did the best I can do, it's not my fault the team can't carry through."

somewhere, a camping sniper is saying the same thing.

Don't bathe in the glory of lame wins and blame others in the instances of deserved loss.

Be more critical
Reflect
Improve
Ignore choppers that couldn't kill anyone (yes, I'm talking about that canal game yesterday :p)

Bitch about yourself and become a better player

-Dream, the whiner.

Yeah well when you find a some sniper who plays like me that might make sense... and there's no such thing as a lame win when you're playing against people who are skilled, coordinated, and play together a lot. Why don't we just be fucking honest here and admit that if any win is "lame" it's when we steamroll the shit out of a bunch of randoms.

I was a little bitchy earlier during the day when we were losing but it was mostly because I realized that maybe I'm not really feeling the gaf machine anymore.

It's not about winning -- because sometimes you just cannot, and it's out of your control if your team wants to be retarded. If your team wont cap flags you cannot win. So, it's about the competition... trying to win. You find some fucking recon who tries to win as hard as I do and then maybe you have a point.

Top Bottom