• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The sound cut off bug happens all the time after the patch. :(

HAS THE BEST SOUND EVER
* DICE LOGO *
MUTES ITSELF EVERY MATCH

WhatTheHellAreYouTalkingAbout!?WHOAREYOUTALKINGTO!?.gif

There's no sound bug?

olimpia84

Damn these stupid randoms. At least I'll keep playing if I see some effort but there's nothing you can do when they are set on sniping from your own base.

DanielJr82

This is crap, I couldn't get into any Close Quarters DLC games. $50 for two weeks early access my ass. Add more Close Quarters servers, DICE.

vixlar

Now my game freezes anytime on Xbox360. I'm installing the game onto Hard Disk, but I don't think that solves the problem.

Do I need to download the Close Quarters expansion again? I can't join any Close Quarters game (I'm Premium). But I read that PS3 users had to erase it and download it again. If that's the case, then is bullshit, because I have a slooooow internet connection and downloading 2gb is a pain in the ass for me.

UFRA

Damn these stupid randoms. At least I'll keep playing if I see some effort but there's nothing you can do when they are set on sniping from your own base.

OMG tell me about it. JJD and I just had a great example of how you cannot win no matter how hard you work if 90% of your team is useless.

We were on Siene Crossing and he and I both hit 13000pts by the end of the match. We capped so many flags, but still lost. The next person down in our team had only 5000 points. So many campers and idiots.

We got our revenge though on Metro.

Maddocks

the sound crashes are so bad, mostly because I play the game with a headset, so when the sound is out, its dead freaking quite and i cant hear anything, not even my own footsteps.

so then i randomly get blasted into next week from some god knows where location. fix ma sound dice!

TheSeks

What the hell are you guys talking about? There's no sound bugs at all!

Silly hearing people. Get on my level.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Your level is hard... especially now that there are so many weapon-lock audio cues... wasn't quite as bad in BC2 when the sound cut out, but it's brutal in BF3.

i've played a few times with no sound on and i really, honestly gotta say that you are amazing.

also, yesterday, i played on servers that had rules like "no YOLO or GOML clan tags", which made me laugh.

U2NUMB

I havent played this game in a while. Been promted a title update that is 2 gigs large. Why the fuck is it this big for just a patch.

BTW need some 360 friends to play with.
Gamertag: Cake Boss

It's not just a patch. It is their way of delivering the content for the DLC early so that when you sign in on release day it is quick to get into a game. Also anyone who does not buy the DLC still has to have the new weapons on their hard drive as they can be used on any map. So this is pretty much the only way to force everyone to download it even if you plan to not buy the DLC.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, i'm apparently getting Premium, and thus CQ, after all. I found 4200 MSP card just for 38€... Good thing you can buy Premium with MSpoints. And get 200 extra points too (100 of them will go toward Skyrim Dawnguard).

-Silver-

haha, love hunting huntingbeast with C4 :D
Without the tank I couldn't walk 10 metres without being shot at, with the tank I couldn't shoot you and get past D because my aim was sooo bad. There was so many times I would get the hit marker but no kill.

*sigh* randoms suck, you'd think that the remaining 11 would be able to defend one flag.

TheSeks

It's MP5K! DIIIIIIIIICE!

especially now that there are so many weapon-lock audio cues

That's... really my only weakness in jets/helicopters. Too many locks with no visual indicator for it so I have to guess wildly until I can get under the radar... which is going to take me forever.

In tanks it isn't that bad since I can just move behind a building or pop smoke quickly.
I never use smoke. I should with that Javalin buff...

also, yesterday, i played on servers that had rules like "no YOLO or GOML clan tags", which made me laugh.

Hah. I should slap GOML in my clan-tag that I never use just to run with the Mine tag.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Does bunnyhopping bother you? Having someone jump away from gunfire and then no-scope with a sniper rifle after a dolphin dive is becoming more prevalent.

Without the tank I couldn't walk 10 metres without being shot at, with the tank I couldn't shoot you and get past D because my aim was sooo bad. There was so many times I would get the hit marker but no kill.

the FLAK -perk helps somewhat against tank rounds, dunno how much in factual numbers though. But often i got away with a sliver of health and hid myself in the cargo containers reloading C4 charges :D

It's MP5K!

yeah it's weird that it doesnt have a proper name, should not be a licensing issue as all other weapons are correct. Even other H&K ones.

-Silver-

So the upcoming DLC for this is free right? Premium only get a 2 week head start on it right? LAWL if this is true.

No, it'll cost you money. Premium gets you 2 week early access, a bunch of tags, a new knife, random premium gifts once a month, videos that basically tell you how to play the game, shitty banner that tells everyone you killed that you're a premium member, priority queue jumping when waiting to get into a match with your friends and finally, it's cheaper to buy premium then to buy all the DLC separately.

I don't know what it is, but I'm having this feeling that Premium players have more privileges that Dice announced... Almost everytime I get killed by a premium player, it's bullshitty fast. And when I try to kill a premium player, it takes a bullshit amount of bullets.

Am I the only one feeling this?

I don't know what it is, but I'm having this feeling that Premium players have more privileges that Dice announced... Almost everytime I get killed by a premium player, it's bullshitty fast. And when I try to kill a premium player, it takes a bullshit amount of bullets.

yes you are the only one, stop sucking! :D

Menelaus

Banned

LOL

Yes, it's just you.

Evolved1

So yeah...

lol

olimpia tried to help on this one...

ouch

sigh....

those are my last four games (in reverse order). loss after loss lately. interestingly enough though, I found I was less frustrated during the losses than I am during some wins. not sure why, but it's pretty fun to try and scrape out a win against good players. seems like most of these games are devolving into "we are not getting spawn camped -- pick it up guys" and basically we are against the ropes and fighting to hold just one base... and it's a little annoying to be best of the worst game after game, because you know with just a bit of help, the team might have at least had a chance to possibly maybe compete for a closer game... haha... but olimpia mentioned it earlier... STOP SNIPING FROM OUR BASE RETARDS llolz.

Woorloog

Banned
and a Double XP weekend coming up for saturday and sunday! Lets get some games in!
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654783220020096/

Gah, i might not get my MSP for Premium before next week... It's not like i really need double XP weekend (unless it halves the number of kills required for attachements) as there's nothing i need XP for.
EDIT wait, what? No Premium needed for DXP? I'm pretty sure Dice/EA advertise DXP as Premium exclusive feature...

JJD

This is just one of the reasons Close Quarters is stupid.

Two teammates spawn right next to two enemies at the very beginning of the game. They're just starring at each other for 20 seconds...WTF...

If Close Quarters maps were approximately the size of Metro I would be loving this expansion. You would be able to play regular Conquest, Rush and any other mode. It would add much more value to the game. You could even put the maps in regular rotation.

As it is it will be forgotten quickly as the others expansions hit. I really don't understand what Dice was thinking. People like infantry maps? Give then infantry maps, not this clusterfuck.

Right now CQ is only worth it for the guns if you're a hardcore BF3 player like most of us.

Woorloog

Banned
well to be fair he says his server is running 24 players, and the maps were designed for 16 players...

Indeed.
Maps rarely work properly (though they might be hilarious) over their recommended player amount, regardless of game or game mode. At least in my experience.

JJD

well to be fair he says his server is running 24 players, and the maps were designed for 16 players...

I missed that! Those maps are really not designed to be played by more than 16 players, but anyone here argues that they would be exponentially better if they were Metro sized?

I like the setting of all the new maps, I just can't understand Dice reasoning for making then so small. They could still provide the gameplay they were aiming while being just a little bigger.

Just by allowing other modes besides deathmatch variations would make the maps infinitely more valuable IMO.

OG Kush

Oh for sure. I would've definitely bought this map pack if it was infantry focused, like metro and karkand/sharqi. Would've actually been great... if they have any good map designs in them left.

Evolved1

The spawning on CC is messed up even with the normal player count. I've only played it a few times and have witnessed it myself.

They will spawn enemies right behind you and your teammates at the very beginning. :/

Also... in my two times playing gun master I was spawned directly behind an enemy more than once (one game only had four people!). Considering how little I've played, the frequency of observing this... kind of indicates it's a major problem.

I like the setting of all the new maps, I just can't understand Dice reasoning for making then so small.

the only complaint i have with them is that they cant be added into regular map rotation :/ would have been perfect to play a quick round of Ziba tower after 2 hours of long conquest matches in regular maps.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Another annoying thing about these small maps. If I set my server to cqc with 16p, and then try to switch it to rush with 24p, unless the room is empty, the most I can have on default rush maps is 16 players. There is evidently a glitch in the server

Woorloog

Banned
Why does Rush suck so much in this game? It is slow and boring most of the time. In BFBC2 Rush matches tended to be intense (with some exceptions).
Guess i'll have to stick with Conquest and Team Death Match. Too bad the larger maps suck on consoles in Conquest (Kharg, Caspian, Firestorm, so on). Two jets per faction is too much. Or at very least the respawn time is far too short. Also, Engineers are too good, too important in those (and majority of stupid players (that is to say, majority of players) do not use Engis to counter vehicles, some Iglas/Stingers are nearly always needed in addition to rocket launchers).

OG Kush

Why does Rush suck so much in this game? It is slow and boring most of the time. In BFBC2 Rush matches tended to be intense (with some exceptions).
Guess i'll have to stick with Conquest and Team Death Match. Too bad the larger maps suck on consoles in Conquest (Kharg, Caspian, Firestorm, so on). Two jets per faction is too much. Or at very least the respawn time is far too short. Also, Engineers are too good, too important in those (and majority of stupid players (that is to say, majority of players) do not use Engis to counter vehicles, some Iglas/Stingers are nearly always needed in addition to rocket launchers).

yeah I really wish there was an option to turn off jets for consoles. 1 heli per team and possible a transport heli is enough.

Woorloog

Banned
yeah I really wish there was an option to turn off jets for consoles. 1 heli per team and possible a transport heli is enough.

Jets can't even do anything useful... i mean, all they do is to spend time fighting each other. Theoretically, a good pilot could keep skies clear alone, letting the other jet work as close air support. Of course, should this situation happen, the other team would quit rather quickly...

Also, anyone seen a "ground war" (Euro) server for 360? Jets (and possibly helis) banned (i assume this means an admin keeps kicking players who use those), keep the game infantry and tank focused?

-Silver-

Jets can't even do anything useful... i mean, all they do is to spend time fighting each other. Theoretically, a good pilot could keep skies clear alone, letting the other jet work as close air support.

Forget theory, in practise there are Jet pilots out there that single handedly control the air space and pretty much destroy any vehicle on the ground. On conquest.

Forget theory, in practise there are Jet pilots out there that single handedly control the air space and pretty much destroy any vehicle on the ground. On conquest.

Yep, but that's usually only troublesome on Kharg rush attack, base 1 and 2 only (assuming the ground troop also help out the jet in holding people back.)

Engineers also isn't always the best class to use for anti-vehicle defense.
Sometimes you just need to get a c4-support in (that or ignore the vehicle if necessary.)

Woorloog

Banned

Forget theory? No. I've never seen this happening. Sure, some guy might control the air space... but no one, NO ONE ever shoots on ground with jets while they control the air space. Not when i play anyway.

Also, fuck Grand Bazaar. Two guys of the enemy team single handedly conquered all 3 flags. I was the only one i my team who was as good as they were, the rest, friendlies and enemies alike, were horrible.

-Silver-

Yep, but that's usually only troublesome on Kharg rush

Been on the receiving end on Firestorm and Kharg CQ once. Been quite some time since I played against a really good pilot though.

but no one, NO ONE ever shoots on ground with jets while they control the air space. Not when i play anyway.
So what do they do? The ones that I've come across don't run with Heat seekers, their cannon finished me off pretty fast. Only one had guided missile but that was seriously long time ago, most run with rocket pods. If you have a really good pilot in the air then most decent pilots won't stand a chance, after a while they won't even bother. Once the good pilots stop using jets then that leaves those that aren't good, and their not hard to take down which means that the enemy pilot can focus solely on your tanks.

Woorloog

Banned
So what do they do? The ones that I've come across don't run with Heat seekers, their cannon finished me off pretty fast. Only one had guided missile but that was seriously long time ago, most run with rocket pods. If you have a really good pilot in the air then most decent pilots won't stand a chance, after a while they won't even bother. Once the good pilots stop using jets then that leaves those that aren't good, and their not hard to take down which means that the enemy pilot can focus solely on your tanks.

All pilots i see use heatseekers. As for what they do when the enemy has nothing in air: Nothing. They just fly and camp the enemy aircraft.
I never see anyone using the guided missile (not really surprising as it is nigh impossible to fly with the stupid view) and as for the rocket pods... well, in Rush (but i don't play that really). Don't see anyone using them with jets. I would, but i'm not good at using the cannon against aircraft so i really don't do anything with jets (use them occasionally against helis if i see them... and that's if i don't take the AA launcher).

JJD

Never underestimate air superiority. It can't win a match by itself, but it can make your life a living hell.

I've won and lost conquest games were it was pretty much impossible to get on a vehicle.

If the other team have complete air superiority and some competent infantry players you'll probably lose the game even if your infantry guys are superior.

Fortunately that kind of dominating jet pilots are a little difficult to come by.

Top Bottom