• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Are you folks playing tonight? I need my BF3 fix.

so yeah, 2 weeks later...

servers with custom rules? 90%

servers that use that optional icon? <1%

thanks DICE.

also, shoutouts to the 24/7 canals server with "no IGLA/Stinger" as a rule.

Just curious if anybody knows, but does anybody know how to unlock the coop service star?

You just need enough points to get the star.

What you are really asking is how do you unlock the coop service dogtag.
That thing been glitched since release on all platforms.

Finished top 5 on a gun game....forgot that i don't have the assignment unlocked....

rage_guy_fuuu_fuuuu_tshirt-d235437161400722454en80n_210.jpg

Kak.efes

Yeah, but if you have a decent gunner you can still disable armored vehicles in one pass. The damage will be increased when Armored Kill hits according to Demize.

From completely destroying vehicles in one pass (provided your approach was right), to barely being able to disable them with pilot, and gunner in hand. Oh well.

did it in Wake also, seemed like the best map for finding free tanks on all flag positions.

I got killed by an EOD bot yesterday....think it's time to trade this game in.....

there's a shitload of EOD bots going around now since everyones gunning for those Assignments... its pretty silly. Everyone has an F2000 too!

Also which one of you quoted me in the platoon message.

it's a good quote ;)

everyone running around with PKP's as well. and goddamn people are cleaning up with claymores and c4 in CQDM

well, the Pecheneg is just godtier anyways! :D But these "rack up 50 kills with weapon X" Assignments are pretty bland. Why not give more freedom and do them like "get 50 headshots with LMG's" or "get a 10 kill streak with an Assault Rifle" to be more challenging.

well, the Pecheneg is just godtier anyways! :D But these "rack up 50 kills with weapon X" Assignments are pretty bland. Why not give more freedom and do them like "get 50 headshots with LMG's" or "get a 10 kill streak with an Assault Rifle" to be more challenging.

Make them creative, not so challenging that only a few people will obtain them. They need to do what they did with the Bad Company 2 achievements/trophies and have the community come up with crazy challenges.

Make them creative, not so challenging that only a few people will obtain them. They need to do what they did with the Bad Company 2 achievements/trophies and have the community come up with crazy challenges.

well true, but there should be some pretty damn difficult ones in there too, its just dogtags or whatnot but so far it seems the only difficult tags to get are "win a tournament" or "work at DICE" :D

most of the creative ones seems to be assigned to trophies instead. although BC2's kill a hundred people with collapsing buildings was so annoying...

well true, but there should be some pretty damn difficult ones in there too, its just dogtags or whatnot but so far it seems the only difficult tags to get are "win a tournament" or "work at DICE" :D

most of the creative ones seems to be assigned to trophies instead. although BC2's kill a hundred people with collapsing buildings was so annoying...

it was 20

All I am saying is don't make it a kill streak or get so many kills. Something like "shoot a helicopter out of the sky with an RPG/SMAW" and the more difficult one a jet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
everyone running around with PKP's as well. and goddamn people are cleaning up with claymores and c4 in CQDM

I told you~~~~~~.

As soon as I saw they nerefed the PKP's recoil I was like "Mmmhmm, that's so totally not broken."

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
well, you also have to take into account the support assignment that needs it.

And...? I did most of that with the normal recoil that sucked shit. Got all the unlocks for it and now they're making it a laser cannon. :|

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
And...? I did most of that with the normal recoil that sucked shit. Got all the unlocks for it and now they're making it a laser cannon. :|

Let me tell you about my experience: I'm the worst LMG user on planet Earth. Always have been. (with the exception of games like classic Ghost Recon where LMG's are properly implemented and used primarily for cover fire and suppression, but that's another story).

So I suck ass with them in BF and always have. Too much recoil for me to deal with in CQB situations. Just never really figured those rifles out... I'm an SMG guy.

That said... I'm tearing shit up with the PKP since the patch. They certainly changed something.

Ostinatto

noob question :S

my cousin bought BF3 premium ON HIS ACCOUNT
can i play it on my main account if I have his account activated on my ps3 ?

thanks gaf

Dave1988

Wait, so the PKP is the best LMG now? I thought that after the last patch the M240B would be the best LMG since its damage output has been risen to be on par with the PKP and it has a higher firing rate and a much more managable recoil.

noob question :S

my cousin bought BF3 premium ON HIS ACCOUNT
can i play it on my main account if I have his account activated on my ps3 ?

thanks gaf

That depends on whether or not you have the premium key downloaded onto your ps3.

If he downloaded the premium key on another ps3, you'll have to log into his account and download the 100kb premium key onto your ps3.

Wait, so the PKP is the best LMG now? I thought that after the last patch the M240B would be the best LMG since its damage output has been risen to be on par with the PKP and it has a higher firing rate and a much more managable recoil.

The M240B still got the worst recoil out of all of the LMGs though.
PKP would still be my run-n-gun choice
The new L86A2 is also highly praised.

Dave1988

That depends on whether or not you have the premium key downloaded onto your ps3.

If he downloaded the premium key on another ps3, you'll have to log into his account and download the 100kb premium key onto your ps3.

The M240B still got the worst recoil out of all of the LMGs though.
PKP would still be my run-n-gun choice
The new L86A2 is also highly praised.

Guess it's back to the PKP then lol

Don't get me wrong.
The M240B is still great if you're the slap down a bipod and hold a point type support.
I'm just not one of those people.

If anything, I feel more comfortable running the P19 with support class.

That being said, need to pick a shotgun to run with.

Menelaus

Banned
Don't get me wrong.
The M240B is still great if you're the slap down a bipod and hold a point type support.
I'm just not one of those people.

If anything, I feel more comfortable running the P19 with support class.

That being said, need to pick a shotgun to run with.

SAIGA FOR LIFE

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Will someone help me do the EOD bot thing? I tried for a while yesterday in real games... but it's impossible. I found one guy sniping, so I stopped and deployed it, but by the time it get over to him and started using the torch he stood up and killed me.

The thing sucks.

As for shotgun... I use the 870 because it's the least cheesy. But it also really sucks and gets me killed a lot.

Lakitu

st5fu
Edit: Oh, wrong server! I assumed it was because I saw a couple of [GAF] in there. The server is TMR-CLAN.DE. It's not the one in the OP. Carry on.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Will someone help me do the EOD bot thing? I tried for a while yesterday in real games... but it's impossible. I found one guy sniping, so I stopped and deployed it, but by the time it get over to him and started using the torch he stood up and killed me.

The thing sucks.

As for shotgun... I use the 870 because it's the least cheesy. But it also really sucks and gets me killed a lot.

oh yea? Challenge accepted

The thing sucks.

How about this, I'll try to join a game and be a useless sniper to get my L96 assignment. You can try to kill me at that time.

Edit: Oh, wrong server! I assumed it was because I saw a couple of [GAF] in there. The server is TMR-CLAN.DE. It's not the one in the OP. Carry on.

There are a couple other GAF clans out there.
One is the "German Aviation Force" clan on the ps3.
Then there's the Gay...yeah it's not really appropriate for me to say the rest, on the 360.

Top Bottom