• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

I'm probably dumb for asking, but how do you unlock weapon camo's? I randomly have blue camo for my f2000.

F2000, SCAR-H, PKP, L96 got weapon camos with the purchase of BF3 premium.

No news on the additional camos, like the woodland camo for F2000. Most are assuming it's for future planned assignments.

Menelaus

Banned
This thread is unbearable.

"WAH THIS GAME SUCKS WAH THIS FEATURE IS BROKEN WAH SERVERS HERP DERP"

"BUT I'M STILL GONNA PLAY AND COME BACK AND REPORT MY ANGER"

Love it or leave it, haters.

Yea, it's seriously annoying. The last time I pointed this out, I was attacked by damn near everyone on the forum.

OG Kush

Its a love hate relationship I've got. Whenever I play it theres things that piss me off to no end and everntually after an hour or 2 I just stop cos I get pissed off. Then a few hours or next day I've got that itch to play it again badly. And now my XBL gold has expired I really want to play it badly, even though I know when I do play I'll just get annoyed at certain things.
I think the core game is just so good, the gunplay is amazing. The only true thing that pisses me off is players and maps.

UFRA

I don't see anything wrong with a little venting every now and then. There are certainly some BS moments in this game, no one can deny that.

I do think some people may be taking things a bit too seriously at times though lol.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ugh, I absolutely hate the ACW-R assignment. 20 kills with rockets. Only 2 so far since. Any ideas?

Bust tanks and vehicles... that one was actually pretty easy. I think I finished that assignment first.

Lakitu

st5fu
Bust tanks and vehicles... that one was actually pretty easy. I think I finished that assignment first.

Yeah, I just don't seem to have much luck with that. I either get an assist, disable/destroy a vehicle or if the match goes against my team, I'm on the receiving end of some tank shells.

Mahonay

Banned
I spent time unlocking the M5K last night thinking it would be awesome in the Close Quarters maps, but wow I really dislike using that weapon. It's pretty good from the hip but once you look down the sites I feel like I'm shooting bb pellets at people.

Also holy jesus I didn't realize I got my 20th service star with the G36C.

Good thing the new map pack is finally inspiring me to use a wider array of weapons.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

BUT I WUV IT!

Ugh, I absolutely hate the ACW-R assignment. 20 kills with rockets. Only 2 so far since. Any ideas?

Yeah, I just don't seem to have much luck with that. I either get an assist, disable/destroy a vehicle or if the match goes against my team, I'm on the receiving end of some tank shells.

Rocket infantry hiding behind walls (dpeak, bazaar).
Rocket infantry in tight spaces (metro rush)
Rocket infantry at their feet.(RPG/SMAW)
Rocket infantry instead of knife. (RPG/SMAW)
Rocket infantry in metro. (RPG/SMAW)
Rocket low flying choppers that are trying to cap flags (RPG/SMAW)
Go for air vehicles instead of ground (RPG, SMAW, IGLA or Jav with soflam) - cause they take at most 2 shots to kill.

Trying to get the assignment through ground vehicles/tanks is a waste of time.
You need a couple of shots for a tank to go down, jeeps are not instant kills, pilot can bail, their teammates can repair forever or other engineers can steal your kill while you're reloading.

JJD

I think it would be easier to just get rocket kills on Metro. O lot of people bail on vehicles when they are about to explode, and tanks attract a lot of attention so you probably won't be the only one shooting at then.

If you thing that's bad you should just wait until the MTAR assignment and the EOD Bot kill...

Also, I see no problem with people venting their frustrations at the game or just bitching about something.

Most of the times it's valid criticism. Much better than ass kissing.

Get a friend to set up a SOFLAM/use the CCT station in a tank, and use your Javelin on the designated targets (especially aerial ones). The best maps for this are Kharg Island Rush defence (first set) and Caspian Border Rush defence (first set). Jeeps/humvees are also great Javelin targets.

The beauty of Kharg is that people generally won't bail in the water, so a killing shot on a LAV or the AMTRAC will generally net you more than one kill. On Caspian the transport chopper will generally net you a multikill as well if you take it down.

Lakitu

st5fu
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll work on it tomorrow.

Anybody use the ACW-R yet? I'm only intrigued because I'm a sucker for unlocking every weapon and the MP7 isn't quite cutting it anymore. I seem to regress with weapons. Maybe I'm just a slouch.

JJD

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll work on it tomorrow.

Anybody use the ACW-R yet? I'm only intrigued because I'm a sucker for unlocking every weapon and the MP7 isn't quite cutting it anymore. I seem to regress with weapons. Maybe I'm just a slouch.

It's a great gun, really easy to use. Little recoil and bullet spread, rate of fire is good too.

It's only downside is actually a considerable one. It's one of the, if not the most weak carbine in the game. It does less damage per bullet than any other one. It does a maximum of 20 damage and a minimum of 16.7. It's DPS is really lacking.

It only perform better than the other carbines in extreme long distances, since it's minimum damage it's actually a little better than the other carbines. But you really shouldn't be engaging enemies in such distances with a engineer. In close quarters it loses to almost every other carbine. If you're using heavy barrel the ACW-R only out performs the other carbines if you're shooting at people at more than 50, 60 meters from you.

I think that in the end it's ease to use compensates it's little damage output, but if you got a good aim there's better carbines to use.

Evolved1

I'm a bit confused about which weapons count for the SMG assignment... can I use PDW's (MP7) or am I really stuck with the MP5?

I was using the UMP, but was surprised to get a bunch of PDW ribbons after the match... UMP isn't an SMG?

I'm a bit confused about which weapons count for the SMG assignment... can I use PDW's (MP7) or am I really stuck with the MP5?

Sub Machine guns

P90 P90TR MP7 UMP-45 PDR PP2000, PP19 all count.

Personally, I recommend that you run with PP19 for the best ammo/ROF/damage balance.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fuck sake, connection still not fixed. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Think I'm going to call tomorrow morning while watching Eureka Seven while "on the line" with them. I want this shit fixed because I'm jonesing for Oman
And my new SPAS-12
bad. >:|

JJD

MS ruining my 360 BF experience with their ineptness... for some reason i cannot add any payment options to my XBL acct.

Haha! I was wondering why you're playing PS3 only for quite some time!

Doesn't MS sells Gold membership cards? It can be a solution if you can't add payment options.

Haha! I was wondering why you're playing PS3 only for quite some time!

Doesn't MS sells Gold membership cards? It can be a solution if you can't add payment options.

no, the problem is i need 280 points to get premium and there's no way i'm gonna buy a 1600 point card for that... my plan was to just by 400 points, but i can't... and i've called/emailed MS several times and they can't solve the issue so far.

TheSeks

no, the problem is i need 280 points to get premium and there's no way i'm gonna buy a 1600 point card for that... my plan was to just by 400 points, but i can't... and i've called/emailed MS several times and they can't solve the issue so far.

So don't get Premium and just play on PS3 like God
Read: I
intended. dealwithitdogsmug.gif

Evolved1

omg... 9 hour bazaar game and my shit freezes with like a min to go? jesus christ.

edit: do I lose all my progress from that? I had like 40 kills and unlocked some medals and stuff...

edit2: oh man we lost fuck! it was so disappointing at the end, we had a big lead, but then lost players... but we held 'em off pretty good for quite a while. gets near the end, we have decent ticket lead and somehow lose all the flags.

TheSeks

Yeah, I'm sticking with non-colorblind. While the dimming of the crates when armed is nice, it doesn't "flash"/beep beep beep which is important for "GTFO AND SAVE THEM!" moments. And the green is pretty hideous in it. The dark blue would be nice as a default color scheme though.

Controls do feel much improved.

And it seems my CQ pack install corrupted when I got kicked off PSN. So now I have to redownload it tomorrow while bitching at my ISP to fix the goddamn connection. *siiiigh*

JJD

I just played 3 or 4 games in a row as a sniper from start to finish (something I've never done) and frankly, who in their right mind would pick a bolt action sniper rifle over a semi automatic one?

The semi autos are extremely effective at almost any range. Slap a holo sight in it and you're set.

Recons are so much fun to use. And if you're just a little smart they can be really effective too. I'm not talking about point making ability, who cares? I'm a colonel already. I'm talking about the capacity to help your team win a game.

I was trying to get all the assignments and weapon trophies (10 kills with each gun) and I was having some of the best times I had at BF3 lately.

Sure I might not be on the top of the scoreboards but it's just fun!

I'll probably hang my engineer cap for a little while now if we have a semi competent team playing with us and just play as Assault and Recon! :)

I just played 3 or 4 games in a row as a sniper from start to finish (something I've never done) and frankly, who in their right mind would pick a bolt action sniper rifle over a semi automatic one?

The semi autos are extremely effective at almost any range. Slap a holo sight in it and you're set.

playing an assault recon is really fun with a sniper rifle and a holo sight :D i sometimes play with a bolt rifle, it's good to practice aiming with as only headshots are kills. If you miss, you are pretty much dead.

dc2x

Neo Member

Sienne Crossing CQ is pretty good because most people back themselves into corners while capping flags

Interior staircase leading to C - If you jump onto the window ledge you see when you first go up the stairs you can get a better angle instead of going to the left hand side and only getting the platform. You can also do the reverse and shoot up into the buildings where lots of people hide, sometimes the larger stairway is safer to do this from

The 3 rooms at A - take your pick, I think these are all spawn points so you just have to wait for someone to spawn and hope they end up across from you

Narrow alleyway - looking towards the spawn - shoot the building on the right and you should get rubble kills although is very situational

Top Bottom