• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

Finally my game froze on an horrible game, instead of a good one! Thank you Dice!

Sorry Evolved, Hunting and Rock I just couldn't get back at that game, out team was too bad...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Finally my game froze on an horrible game, instead of a good one! Thank you Dice!

Sorry Evolved, Hunting and Rock I just couldn't get back at that game, out team was too bad...

It's alright. Other team was really good. They controlled most of the map and played a smarter match.

Kak.efes

All you need to do is to get the regular gaffers to sit in there for 4-5 minutes, the server float to up and we'll have more people.

That or you can rename it into any of the following:
"500% metro, rank up fast all the time."
"BF3 AWESOME SERVER N00b welcome"
"CATHOLIC SCHOOL GIRL PARTY NIGHT"
"PIZZA, BURGERS, NACHOS"

Make it hardcore, and simplify the name, something along the lines of this this, which coincidentally is the server I primarily play on, since it's always busy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Guess who is downloading Close Quarters right now?
<-- This awesome guy!

Make it hardcore, and simplify the name, something along the lines of this this, which coincidentally is the server I primarily play on, since it's always busy.

We've tried simplifying the name before.
The fact of the matter is no one is going to browse 20+ pages down to look for a 0/24 server.

Also, why hardcore?
Class balance is all wrong in that mode for bf3.

Kak.efes

We've tried simplifying the name before.
The fact of the matter is no one is going to browse 20+ pages down to look for a 0/24 server.

Also, why hardcore?
Class balance is all wrong in that mode for bf3.

People generally don't run around like headless chickens on hardcore, and I've found the competition to be a lot stiffer.

JJD

YESSSSSSS! I got the ACW-R. I played like shit, spamming rockets on Operation Metro but I did it. I'll never have to do that again.

It took me only 2 minutes to get an EOD Bot kill since I have had experience in getting kills with that before. Now to get 100 carbine kills for the MTAR-21.

How...how could you have experience getting kills with the EOD before this assignment? What were you doing??? Lol! ;-)

I've played a hardcore game with Marce and the SOD guys. It's not my cup of tea. It's to easy to kill or be killed. Medics are so overpowered in that mode since there's no health regen.

Lakitu

st5fu
I hate when you're out of your ammo and some support guy is running around ignoring you while you're screaming at him all the time. I just need some fucking ammo, man.

When I'm playing support, I always make sure to resupply others.

Woorloog

Banned
I hate when you're out of your ammo and some support guy is running around ignoring you while you're screaming at him all the time. I just need some fucking ammo, man.

Indeed. A large group of people? Ammo box. A single camper? Ammo box. Squad mates around? Ammo box.
Same with medic. Gives you large amount of score and helps your team a lot. Feels good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it's easy to get top 5 in gun master when 4 people are in the game.

Really? Because people just suddenly joined the one I played in.
To get the achievement, I don't have the assignment unlocked yet
. Which screwed me up. Unless you mean you get the assignment complete on being in the "five" and not finishing top five.

vixlar

I hate when I'm a medic, my teammate is on 1% health, I throw him a medpack, and he runs away ¬¬

I like that now the icons show when a teammate needs something, and flash when he is requesting for it. But really, we need a message in the task sections, where the game shows you "A has been captured" that says something like "vixlar needs ammo"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I played a couple of matches in the new maps:
Ziba Tower > Donya Fortress > Operation 925 > Scrap Metal
My problem with Scrap Metal is that its too hard to read. Maybe its because i played only one match?

Ziba Tower and Donya Fortress destruction are @__@ level of awesome.

TheSeks

B2K >>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla > Dogshit > CQC.

FTFY. You're welcome, Fersis.

Also idiot tank drivers are hazardous to your wins.

I dunno what's happened in the past two months but the little I've played on my (still shit) connection has been eye-opening. It's like the mouth of hell has opened and complete and utter MORONS have invaded the game.

YoungHav

Banned
I am thinking of buying Premium but are all the expansion packs confirmed to be multiplayer? B/c if any of them are single player I will buy all future DICE games used in protest.

Jburton

Banned
I am thinking of buying Premium but are all the expansion packs confirmed to be multiplayer? B/c if any of them are single player I will buy all future DICE games used in protest.

I bought Premium yesterday, I feel its worth it.

More likely than not that the expansion packs are all multiplayer.

Evolved1

How many tickets was that round? Looks like one really long game of Rush.

Afaik no one knows what end game will be (I'm hoping we ride armored dinosaurs, but you know... probably not) but it'll MP content. These are all MP.

YoungHav

Banned
why did DICE wait so long for this? My life is going to get a lot busier starting next week. Oh well, will buy Premium once I save my pennies.

Fersis

I dunno what's happened in the past two months but the little I've played on my (still shit) connection has been eye-opening. It's like the mouth of hell has opened and complete and utter MORONS have invaded the game.
Were gonna play CQ today and youre gonna love it!

Really? Because people just suddenly joined the one I played in.
To get the achievement, I don't have the assignment unlocked yet
. Which screwed me up. Unless you mean you get the assignment complete on being in the "five" and not finishing top five.

I played 3 games of gun master, always in the top 5.
Just join a small game (2/8) and build up your lead before other people join.
I don't have enough patience for the game mode to "wait for a new round to start"

I hate when I'm a medic, my teammate is on 1% health, I throw him a medpack, and he runs away ¬¬

I like that now the icons show when a teammate needs something, and flash when he is requesting for it. But really, we need a message in the task sections, where the game shows you "A has been captured" that says something like "vixlar needs ammo"

In certain situations, it's better to just anticipate the game flow and throw it ahead of the team/squad, so they'll naturally run through as they advance.
Same goes with ammo.

A good example is the dpeak helipad(rush). Just throw one at the tip and most people will naturally pick up ammo as they get ready to jump off. Better to do that than try to resupply a whole bunch of people separately.

I played a couple of matches in the new maps:
Ziba Tower > Donya Fortress > Operation 925 > Scrap Metal
My problem with Scrap Metal is that its too hard to read. Maybe its because i played only one match?

I can't read those maps at all.
They change the mini-map for each elevation level.

i thought it was easy to get top5 anyways as long as you are in the game from the start. Some weapons are not about speed but just luck though, especially the snipers and the grenade launcher.

I've seen some people use the grenade launcher pretty effectively.

Granted...they camped.

TheSeks

Why are the new maps always empty (as of yesterday afternoon)? Is this happening for anyone else?

Because no one wants to play dogshit maps and modes. :3 They'd rather vomit than play a Call of Battlefield clone.

Anyway, got the SPAS-12, which opens up the dogshit 1 top five in gun game win shit.

Then I gotta do engineer for that stupid EOD bot kill unlock. :/

Jburton

Banned
Because no one wants to play dogshit maps and modes. :3 They'd rather vomit than play a Call of Battlefield clone.

Anyway, got the SPAS-12, which opens up the dogshit 1 top five in gun game win shit.

Then I gotta do engineer for that stupid EOD bot kill unlock. :/

Have you played the maps?

If so, why the hell did you buy them?

JJD

Fersis watch some Youtube videos about Close Quarters. There's some great, great shortcuts on Scrapmetal (and pretty much every map). You don't ever need to go inside the buildings to get to the flags, the fastest way is always jumping from the rooftops on those walkways below. You can get from the flag on the roof to the one inside the walkway in the middle of the map in 5 seconds, and from a great flanking perspective. 90% of people won't see you coming if they are on the burning zone.

From the flag on the roof you can get to the one inside the opposed building in 10 seconds jumping on the roof of the leftmost walkway. The flag on the roof is the most important one IMO, since it have the easiest shortcuts to the other two.

On Donya try to protect A and B. I almost don't go for C. From A you can get to B in 5 seconds if you jump on the stairs below the flag, and walk into a hole in the ground on the left side in the main courtyard. It's quite easy and fast to get from B to A too.

Really, when you get to know the maps it's ridiculously easy to get kills. I only lose on Donya Fortress and Scrapmetal now if my team is really bad. But I still struggle on the other 2 maps.

Still I don't think I'll be playing a lot of Conquest Domination. C4 abuse on the small capture the flags zone is getting so annoying. I waste a grenade on every single attempt to capture. If I don't have one I'll just wait until a teammate tries to capture it first (and usually get blown up).

TheSeks

Have you played the maps?

Yes, and they're all complete shit. Rocket spam, C4 spam, shit spawns, etc. Like everyone with a brain feared

If so, why the hell did you buy them?

Uh, because I wanted the guns like I've stated millions of times?

CQ's sucks shit. Whoever likes it should get back to Call of Duty since that's pretty much what it is.

Jburton

Banned
Yes, and they're all complete shit. Rocket spam, C4 spam, shit spawns, etc. Like everyone with a brain feared

CQ's sucks shit. Whoever likes it should get back to Call of Duty since that's pretty much what it is.

yawn.

Evolved1

I like the Ziba Tower map a little bit... if gun master had an opposite progression (best to worst) I'd probably play that a ton.

Go back and play BF2, Bad Company 2 or something you old fart.

That tactical/objective gameplay shit are for people with no skills.
You just jelly cause you can't shoot up people and probably have a low k/d, SPM.

Why can't you just enjoy the CQ maps for the beauty that they are?
Intense, tight action with loads of point galore.
This is how the masses want BF3 to be, so stop being a hater or just don't play the CQ maps if you don't like it.

Now, deal with it.

Am I doing it right?

TheSeks

I like the Ziba Tower map a little bit... if gun master had an opposite progression (best to worst) I'd probably play that a ton.

Just got it after five attempts. Not touching that shit agian. Why the hell is a bolt-action sniper in that mode? EVERYONE will fuck you up, along with that laying a grenade grenade launcher.

That said: Last shitty requirement: EOD bot kills I have to unlock by playing EnginerZZZZZzzz.

Dreamgazer said:
Now, deal with it.

Cillian Murphy can't deal with it.gif

You and I both know these maps and modes suck ass.

i thought it was easy to get top5 anyways as long as you are in the game from the start. Some weapons are not about speed but just luck though, especially the snipers and the grenade launcher.

nah, i always stall at the start with the 443, revolver and jackhammer.

it's summertime.

TheSeks

Yeah, well... Summertime needs to strengthen their minds. Costing me wins when I'm the one that SOLO ARMS and then holds a place FIVE DAMN TIMES with the laying a grenade grenade launcher that came with CQ.

Only to lose because EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER STAYS AT THE FUCKING CHOKEPOINT AT OUR SPAWN instead of going AROUND and screwing the defense in the ass AFTER I ARM AND ANOTHER PERSON ARMS THREE TIMES only for the defense to quickly disarm.

SMH.

Yeah, well... Summertime needs to strengthen their minds. Costing me wins when I'm the one that SOLO ARMS and then holds a place FIVE DAMN TIMES with the laying a grenade grenade launcher that came with CQ.

Only to lose because EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER STAYS AT THE FUCKING CHOKEPOINT AT OUR SPAWN instead of going AROUND and screwing the defense in the ass AFTER I ARM AND ANOTHER PERSON ARMS THREE TIMES only for the defense to quickly disarm.

SMH.

kills>objectives.
You think anyone sees how many times you armed the m-com at the end game screen?
No dude, they just see how much of a loser you are with those deaths.
Win/loss? That stat means nothing.

Besides, don't we got like 500 tickets or something? Why do you want to end the game so quickly? Just arm that stuff like when you have 10 tickets left.
Am I doing it right? x2

TheSeks

kills>objectives.
You think anyone sees how many times you armed the m-com at the end game screen?
No dude, they just see how much of a loser you are with those deaths.
Win/loss? That stat means nothing.

Besides, don't we got like 500 tickets or something? Why do you want to end the game so quickly? Just arm that stuff like when you have 10 tickets left.
Am I doing it right? x2

What deaths? I was 1.5 KDR doing that shit. People can't get on my level. :|

Had to basically steal the tank from the idiot to drive it up to the objective BUT NO ONE WOULD GET IN TO HELP so basically got C4'ed when someone rushed up and I couldn't do shit because I didn't have backup.

Morons, the whole lot of them.

Top Bottom