• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Biggzy

That's the only thing that really bugs me about Premium. If you were an early adopter you already have Karkand so it's only really a bonus if you're relatively new to the game. Other than that though, I'm pretty satisfied with the service. I just wish Premium offered a bit more depth when it came to Battlelog. I really want heat maps and things like that.

I have the same problem as you with premium.

Woorloog

Banned
Does GAF have 360 server? Euro server that is. I saw a server named "GAF 2.0" yesterday.

EDIT well hotdamn, i just got a spree of 15 kills without dying using M1014 and running around Karkand (TDM). Didn't even have flashlight. EDIT 2 match ended with me having KD of 3.43. Nice. Hopefully they won't nerf the shotguns, they feel balanced right now, very good at CQB, otherwise not much use for them.

EDIT3 well that was an awful TDM match. This idiot stays in this fucking corner, forcing us to spawn there. It was the worst possible spawn area. Seriously. How stupid can people be? We won but barely.

JJD

Karkand IS part of Premium. Thus, the 20 new weapons means Karkand's and CQ's weapons. Of course Armored Kill will likely contain more weapons as well.

How long can they keep adding weapons to the base game without issues?

It's not like the game didn't have memory issues since release right? I mean, for some of us the game crashes like half the time...

JJD

vixlar

I think banning player for admin abuse is not in EA plans. Think about it, people is paying for that "privilege".

What I think EA should do is mark servers where admin abuse is common. So the people who rent the servers doesn't lose the value for what they paid, but people who wants to play nice looks for other servers.

vixlar

More bugs?

This video is in spanish, but let me explain it: Almost all the video, Bullit (the owner of the video) speaks about how difficult is to fly the frogfoot. As you can see in the video, the plane is all the time like shaking. But he explains that it does it by itself. This player is awesome with planes and helicopters, you can check his other videos. But in this video he can't do anything.

But that's not all!!!

At the end of the video, he shows another bug. He is in close quarters, when his partner spawns on him, the camera goes to third person... but on his partner! Bullit can still use his own character, but he is watching from his partner third view. Really funny (and awful)

Edit: here is the link for the thir person bug:
Third person bug

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
My only issue is that 2 rounds per map is more fair. If I had to attack on Metro against a competent team I would love the chance to defend as well.

Nah, that idiot is not even registered in Battlelog. Why the hell is he stat padding, boosting for??? The same with The_Rising_.
That is why it is an odd number of maps. It alternates, just not back to back.

OG Kush

The SKS is my little baby-my go to gun. But I only really use it now when my team is getting smashed, as its always good to try out new guns/play styles. If I had to choose one gun it'd be the SKS <3

Overdoziz

Banned
More bugs?

This video is in spanish, but let me explain it: Almost all the video, Bullit (the owner of the video) speaks about how difficult is to fly the frogfoot. As you can see in the video, the plane is all the time like shaking. But he explains that it does it by itself. This player is awesome with planes and helicopters, you can check his other videos. But in this video he can't do anything.
Had something similar once, ended up just being lag because I was downloading stuff without noticing.

@Woorlog, that Seine Crossing CQ match we played earlier today was one of the best I've played in a while. Score was really close throughout most of the match until the end when we won ~60 - 0. A bit surprised we won to be honest. I was sure the level 100s and 90 on the other team would put up more of a fight. Good games. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I prefer one round.

I don't mind one round on some maps, but unless your server switches attack and defense every round, it's stupid to not have two rounds to give both sides a chance to attack/defend on each map.

Woorloog

Banned
@Woorlog, that Seine Crossing CQ match we played earlier today was one of the best I've played in a while. Score was really close throughout most of the match until the end when we won ~60 - 0. A bit surprised we won to be honest. I was sure the level 100s and 90 on the other team would put up more of a fight. Good games. :)
Yeah, good games. I messed up in it a bit as i wondered about a visual bug so much (engineer XP bar was full, should've started filling again so i just stuck trying to get a few points at time to see if it worked).

And, the ranking system in BF3 is a time-based one, not skill based one... rank has practically nothing to with skill...

JJD

I had one of the most frustrating Rush games of my life today.

I was disconnected on the third set of Seine defending when I was at the top of the scoreboard. When I finally came back, the enemy had just set the A mcom on the fourth and last set with more than 200 tickets left.

We set defense on B inside the bank. I planted a proximity sensor behind the mcom in a great spot protected from all the mayhem and the spawn beacon just inside that small room right next to it.

Why no one in our squad spawned as a recon to help me set the defense perimeter? Still, we held then until they had only 2 fucking tickets left. They even armed once with less than 20 tickets but I disarmed, and thought we had made it.

Suddenly I saw on the minimap that I was the only one near the mcom when the attackers tried a last offensive. There were red dots everywhere. I killed 2 while they were arming before others took me down, their teammates spawned on the remaining ones and secured the victory.

I managed to be the top scoring player on our team in a just a couple minutes on that last mcom, we should be running recon/medic only but there were 2 supports on our squad!

If we just had one more proximity sensor we could have won that game.

The Recon class with a PDW is a point making machine in a situation like that...why not use it?

I'm sorry for all the bitching and whining but losses like that are hard to me...

I think I should start to play with my headset turned off, I'm definitely annoying you guys...

Man I wish Dreamgazer was there... :-(

Why no one in our squad spawned as a recon to help me set the defense perimeter? Still, we held then until they had only 2 fucking tickets left. They even armed once with less than 20 tickets but I disarmed, and thought we had made it.

Suddenly I saw on the minimap that I was the only one near the mcom when the attackers tried a last offensive. There were red dots everywhere. I killed 2 while they were arming before others took me down, their teammates spawned on the remaining ones and secured the victory.

I managed to be the top scoring player on our team in a just a couple minutes on that last mcom, we should be running recon/medic only but there were 2 supports on our squad!

The Recon class with a PDW is a point making machine
in a situation like that...why not use it?

I'm sorry for all the bitching and whining but losses like that are hard to me...

I think I should start to play with my headset turned off, I'm definitely annoying you guys...

Man I wish Dreamgazer was there... :-(

Sorry man, my game froze and I thought that number_2, botack, and the patriot should have been enough to handle the round.
Seinen 1B is usually easy cake when people do their job right (although I should have known when too many people were crowded inside.)

I guess now you know how I feel most of time, and why I say, "if I'm getting ACE pins on rush defense - there's something horribly fucking wrong with the team". Cause that mean I'm doing 1 man vs. 5 shit at the m-com.

You really have to yell at people sometime for them to stick near m-coms.

Anyway, annoy people more, I don't want to be the only one to preach the gospel.

JJD

Sorry man, my game froze and I thought that number_2, botack, and the patriot should have been enough to handle the round.
Seinen 1B is usually easy cake when people do their job right (although I should have known when too many people were crowded inside.)

I guess now you know how I feel most of time, and why I say, "if I'm getting ACE pins on rush defense - there's something horribly fucking wrong with the team". Cause that mean I'm doing 1 man vs. 5 shit at the m-com.

You really have to yell at people sometime for them to stick near m-coms.

Anyway, annoy people more, I don't want to be the only one to preach the gospel.

The enemy team did a good job on 1B. They parked the LAV on the back of B where it can shoot at us. Boa did a great job disabling the LAV, and while they were fixing I managed to steal it, but no one could fix me so I went down with the LAV.

The other squads on the team were not helping us, they didn't have beacons close to the mcom so whenever they died, they had to spawn too far away.

Eventually the enemy managed to overwhelm our squad when I was trying to set a beacon on that garage.

The two other highlights of the night for me were gunning for Kakefes (best gaf chopper pilot IMO, guy got skills, big props man!) and getting killed by a javelin headshot...damn Boa, that hurt! Lol!

TheSeks

The enemy team did a good job on 1B. They parked the LAV on the back of B where it can shoot at us. Boa did a great job disabling the LAV, and while they were fixing I managed to steal it, but no one could fix me so I went down with the LAV.

The other squads on the team were not helping us, they didn't have beacons close to the mcom so whenever they died, they had to spawn too far away.

Eventually they managed to overwhelm our squad when I was trying to set a beacon on that garage.

Now you know why Dream and I basically spawn recon and rush that section. Now you know why we say "Seine B first set is impossible if people played smart." Now you know why THN is wrong and recon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> medic any day of the weak because intel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reviving because you didn't have intel. Now you know.

Because The More You Know (TM)*shooting star* is knowing half the battle. (G.I. BATTLEFIELD~~~~~~~~~~~~~)

Also the LAV should rush to the back if at all possible to cut the defense off before they can get in there on attack. Attackers should attack B as soon as possible because of that. But 9/10 of the time someone on GAF gets in goes DERP-mode with the LAV and holds it in the front to try to protect A instead of ATTACKING FUCKING B BEFORE THEY DIG IN. *GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD* and screw us all over. Same with random games. It's why I hate playing Seine because B first set is where the game is "hold the line or you lose" (well, I guess last set is another "hold the line" but...)

Now you know why Dream and I basically spawn recon and rush that section. Now you know why we say "Seine B first set is impossible if people played smart." Now you know why THN is wrong and recon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> medic any day of the weak because intel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reviving because you didn't have intel. Now you know.

Because The More You Know (TM)*shooting star* is knowing half the battle. (G.I. BATTLEFIELD~~~~~~~~~~~~~)

Also the LAV should rush to the back if at all possible to cut the defense off before they can get in there on attack. Attackers should attack B as soon as possible because of that. But 9/10 of the time someone on GAF gets in goes DERP-mode with the LAV and holds it in the front to try to protect A instead of ATTACKING FUCKING B BEFORE THEY DIG IN. *GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD* and screw us all over. Same with random games. It's why I hate playing Seine because B first set is where the game is "hold the line or you lose" (well, I guess last set is another "hold the line" but...)

Don't lump me with the recon > medic argument man.
My belief is that you play whatever class that is best for the objective/flow.

As for Seinen 1B in JJD's game:
There were too many people lumped in B for that game. Which I commented on immediately before my game crash.
You only need 2 recon and 1 or two support/assault guarding the m-com at that spot.
Usually I can rely on a few people to want to be aggressive and be in the outer range.
However, it wasn't the case for that set.

Again, a bad blend of offensive/defensive type players.

TheSeks

Don't lump me with the recon > medic argument man.
My belief is that you play whatever class that is best for the objective/flow.

See: I disagree. My belief is that you change your class as the situation dictates and to have a balance of classes at start.

But see: That's the problem because no one wants to go recon besides me and you to help the team. Whereas they want to DERP REVIVE POINTS POINTS POIIIIINTS and then gloat because they're getting points as opposed to going recon and working their asses off to get to the top with more effort to do so because the recon class got nerfed hard.

*ahem* But in any case: Intel >>>>>> healing. Healing as support is nice, but you shouldn't ever need a revive if people are looking at the heads up and having two-three people shooting in the general direction of all those gathering arrows.

olimpia84

After looking at that battlelog report I don't even know how you guys lost the game. The other team doesn't even look that good.

As for Seine B mcom, all you need is 1 recon with a well placed motion sensor and spawn beacon, 2 assaults and 2 supports and you're pretty much good to win the round.

JJD

Seks how did that job interview work out?

Man you should really pony up the dough on Close Quarters just to get the SPAS...

That thing is a monster I had a 39/4 game on Metro rush regular settings and I suck with pump shotguns...they don't suit my style, I engage more mid range and I still kicked ass with that gun! Sooo good...

Also, I know I'm still salty because of that Seine game, but really the Recon class when used correctly, and on the right situation is a point making machine.

On that game I had a SPM of 5709 and got 7 surveillance ribbons just on the last 13 minutes that I rejoined...

After looking at that battlelog report I don't even know how you guys lost the game. The other team doesn't even look that good.

As for Seine B mcom, all you need is 1 recon with a well placed motion sensor and spawn beacon, 2 assaults and 2 supports and you're pretty much good to win the round.

I think 2 recons is the ideal, 1 motion sensor in the front, one in the back and you've got the whole area and it's surroundings covered...

TheSeks

No, you want two for that theory set-up. One in the corner near the "front"/stairs and the other on the back halls in case they get an LAV and sneakers in.

At most, ONE would be on the container you can prone on. Then beacons should be in that hole (but since that area can be rocketed it isn't the safest place if people are smart) but with two beacons covering the front and back you completely lock that area down with intel.

JJD said:
Seks how did that job interview work out?

I'll be getting Premium (as much as I hate it) once my ISP fixes the shit connection I have. If they don't do it by the 30th, I'm going to be calling them every day until they do. It's been nearly two months. UNACCEPTABLE.jpg

See: I disagree. My belief is that you change your class as the situation dictates and to have a balance of classes at start.

But see: That's the problem because no one wants to go recon besides me and you to help the team. Whereas they want to DERP REVIVE POINTS POINTS POIIIIINTS and then gloat because they're getting points as opposed to going recon and working their asses off to get to the top with more effort to do so because the recon class got nerfed hard.

*ahem* But in any case: Intel >>>>>> healing. Healing as support is nice, but you shouldn't ever need a revive if people are looking at the heads up and having two-three people shooting in the general direction of all those gathering arrows.

Well, in a perfect world, each gaffer would play the class that is needed, have balance of class, change squad perks, adjust playstyles etc.

Unfortunately, we all know that's not the case. Often times I have to make the decision on whether to run the class that is most effective for the squad, or most important for the objective (usually the latter.)
For example, often times on rush defense I feel that I'm forced to play c4-mcom-support. Cause people don't stay near m-coms, and I can't always guard two on my own. Would recon have been better? probably- but that's assuming my teammates would be around to take advantage of it *sigh*. It's the same bs in bc2, when I'm forced to play forever-alone recon to guard the base, while most people are out in lala land.

Which again...is a freaking sad thing. Cause sometimes I just want to do my own thing.

One problem with our larger bf3 group, is that with the exception of the bc2 vets & regular posters - most people are not that familiar with one another strengths.
So there is obviously a lack of adjustments and "not picking the class that someone else does better"

How GAF usually lose rush defense:
Leave one guy to guard the m-com, while everyone else is 200 miles away from it thinking "Oh I'm sure some other asshole is watching it." Then run back 1 minute after the m-com would have blown.

"Suddenly I saw on the minimap that I was the only one near the mcom when the attackers tried a last offensive." says JJD.

365921.jpg

"but but me was killing lotta people on the front line and in a tank blah blah blah. Why can't someone else be at the m-com, I'm important blah blah blah"
*sigh*

No, you want two for that theory set-up. One in the corner near the "front"/stairs and the other on the back halls in case they get an LAV and sneakers in.

At most, ONE would be on the container you can prone on. Then beacons should be in that hole (but since that area can be rocketed it isn't the safest place if people are smart) but with two beacons covering the front and back you completely lock that area down with intel.

I much prefer 2 recons but of different squad for that set up.

So basically 2 squad made of:
2x support (1 on the crate, one to c4/claymore the door ways.
2x recon
1x Assault
3x whatever else (preferably outside of the perimeter mowing people down.)

BoatAck

I had one of the most frustrating Rush games of my life today.

I was disconnected on the third set of Seine defending when I was at the top of the scoreboard. When I finally came back, the enemy had just set the A mcom on the fourth and last set with more than 200 tickets left.

We set defense on B inside the bank. I planted a proximity sensor behind the mcom in a great spot protected from all the mayhem and the spawn beacon just inside that small room right next to it.

The Recon class with a PDW is a point making machine in a situation like that...why not use it?

Man I wish Dreamgazer was there... :-([/url]

Hey, I was spawning on the beacon you placed and guarding the MCOM from behind the counter. With a few tickets left though, four enemies overwhelmed me and there was nothing I could do. Up until that point we had about 4-5 people around B, I don't know if they thought that victory was near and headed out away from the MCOM to finish the other team off or what.

Keep your headset on.

Woorloog

Banned
Well duh, but you'd think that people playing the game that much would be better.

Yeah, well, i used to think that before Reach (i remember this time when i met an Inheritor who was so bad...). I have no idea why i didn't learn this lesson when playing COD.

People tend to have a cap how good they're and they usually hit that cap way before they hit the max rank in a time based system. Anyone can improve themselves but only the very competitive types do... in some games. Battlefield is not exactly competitive.
I hit my cap long ago, with team work and strategy i can top myself easily though, but don't see that happening with randoms.

Ostinatto

today i was playin in a server with no kill allows,DOM ziba tower, WTF , they only take flags,is this legal? they kick me cuz i was killing people :mad:

is this old news?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Top Bottom