• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fucks sake. Connection still won't be fixed until the end of the month apparently and that's within a few days of a week. :| I swear to god if it isn't fixed by the 30th I'm going to break shit.

BoatAck

omg... 9 hour bazaar game and my shit freezes with like a min to go? jesus christ.

edit: do I lose all my progress from that? I had like 40 kills and unlocked some medals and stuff...

edit2: oh man we lost fuck! it was so disappointing at the end, we had a big lead, but then lost players... but we held 'em off pretty good for quite a while. gets near the end, we have decent ticket lead and somehow lose all the flags.

When we took their BMP I should have stayed back around A and kept it away from heavy action. But it was so early in the match so I was hoping to press our advantage and establish a large lead. Our team should have stayed away from B too, they had that area defended well and we had A and C most of the round.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
When we took their BMP I should have stayed back around A and kept it away from heavy action. But it was so early in the match so I was hoping to press our advantage and establish a large lead. Our team should have stayed away from B too, they had that area defended well and we had A and C most of the round.

When I think back... it may be my fault we lost. We were rolling pretty good, I had the LAV at Charlie, and had just cleared it out and capped. I wanted to take a shortcut and get back to Alpha and was just going to drive it off the back... anyway... somehow I got the damn thing stuck by lading right on a generic truck that I forgot was parked there. Instead of movable armor, I turned the thing into a stationary turret, and the momentum changed.

If I recall correctly that was when momentum shifted. *slaps forehead*

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
When I think back... it may be my fault we lost. We were rolling pretty good, I had the LAV at Charlie, and had just cleared it out and capped. I wanted to take a shortcut and get back to Alpha and was just going to drive it off the back... anyway... somehow I got the damn thing stuck by lading right on a generic truck that I forgot was parked there. Instead of movable armor, I turned the thing into a stationary turret, and the momentum changed.

If I think this is the same game I'm thinking of... I tried to shoot rockets at it

Woorloog

Banned
Well, that was a stupid server. Some "clan" server... we got to play with the clan... dear lord how bad they were. Also, stupid rules: no RPGs vs infantry, no under 7x scopes for snipers, no shotguns except on Metro. Why? None of these are OP anywhere... I guess the clan was a bunch of crybabies.

BoatAck

I've made that mistake before too. The LAV gets hung up on a lot of bullshit. I tried shooting a rocket at the concrete to break it up and dislodge you but there was nothing to break. My other option was to get the Humvee and ram into the LAV to move it, but that probably would have not been worth all the effort.

From the start, just seeing the experience level of the other team compared to ours, I thought we were going to have a more difficult time and/or lose that match.

Those were a fun 4 or 5 of games though, despite the few losses.

Well, that was a stupid server. Some "clan" server... we got to play with the clan... dear lord how bad they were. Also, stupid rules: no RPGs vs infantry, no under 7x scopes for snipers, no shotguns except on Metro. Why? None of these are OP anywhere... I guess the clan was a bunch of crybabies.

my new strategy is don't obey server rules. if they want to kick me then they can do it.

Overdoziz

Banned
my new strategy is don't obey server rules. if they want to kick me then they can do it.
The admins were really fast though. I shot two RPGs and I got kicked before I could reload the 3rd one. They were probably busier paying attention to whoever was violating the stupid rules than playing the game. Would explain their terrible scores.

Evolved1

What's the ideal loadout for ADS?

Heavy barrel / suppressor and what...

Woorloog

Banned
What's the ideal loadout for ADS?

Heavy barrel / suppressor and what...

Depends a bit on the weapon in question. I run around with heavy barrel, and nothing or bipod in secondary slot (since Foregrip has negative effect on ADS). Possibly an optic depending on expected range and weapon (if good iron sights, i don't need optics).
I use suppressor only on LMGs and PDWs.

TheSeks

I go bare. I ADS with no scopes since those are babby's first aiming game/training wheels. Everything else sucks shit on most of the guns that I've used, I feel so I don't use any of that shit.

Also Close Quarters sucks shit. Maps are shit. Modes are shit (and I gotta unlock the Gungame bullshit assignment to attempt that shit. FUCK YOU DICE). IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY PLAYING CALL OF BATTLEFIELD~~~~!!!! AKA: SHIT. Get this fucking shit off my Battlefield, DICE.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What are you guys rocking in the Close Quarters maps?
I thought I'd be using shotgun all the way, but I'm sticking with the P90 and AEK.

Fracas

#fuckonami
P90 like a motherfucker, it just tears shit up.

Haha yep. I started using the PP19 a couple days ago, too. Iron sights+suppressor.

I want to use the MP5K, but the 20 round clip doesn't cut it on those maps. How many kills does it take to get extended mags?

Fonz72

I just played 3 or 4 games in a row as a sniper from start to finish (something I've never done) and frankly, who in their right mind would pick a bolt action sniper rifle over a semi automatic one?

The semi autos are extremely effective at almost any range. Slap a holo sight in it and you're set.

Recons are so much fun to use. And if you're just a little smart they can be really effective too. I'm not talking about point making ability, who cares? I'm a colonel already. I'm talking about the capacity to help your team win a game.

I was trying to get all the assignments and weapon trophies (10 kills with each gun) and I was having some of the best times I had at BF3 lately.

Sure I might not be on the top of the scoreboards but it's just fun!

I'll probably hang my engineer cap for a little while now if we have a semi competent team playing with us and just play as Assault and Recon! :)

Had pretty much this same experience this weekend, loads of fun! I was working on the
L96 kills and headshots for the Premium dogtag

First I thought that CQ would be really stupid and boring but after playing for an hour I barely can stop. It is like Operation Metro on steroids now I just have to convince a friend of mine to go "premium" too.

TheSeks

That's the problem

And the shit spawns just like your namesake. I literally have been saying "IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY PLAYING CALL OF BATTLEFIELD!" at my monitor every five seconds on these maps due to the shit random spawns.

And the shit spawns just like your namesake. I literally have been saying "IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY PLAYING CALL OF BATTLEFIELD!" at my monitor every five seconds on these maps due to the shit random spawns.

I understand you but that is what makes me like it. I played so much Rush/Conquest I am happy for some over the top non stop action instead of teamwork and strategy but only because I know I can switch back to Caspian Border at any time.

TheSeks

I understand you but that is what makes me like it.

SMH.

I played so much Rush/Conquest I am happy for some over the top non stop action instead of teamwork and strategy but only because I know I can switch back to Caspian Border at any time.

Oh, boy, do I have a deal for you! You can play the shitty gun game there! Why DICE is forcing me to play this shit for these guns, I have no clue. Probably because they know most players would rather vomit than play these shitty maps and modes.

Rebel Leader

SMH.

Oh, boy, do I have a deal for you! You can play the shitty gun game there! Why DICE is forcing me to play this shit for these guns, I have no clue. Probably because they know most players would rather vomit than play these shitty maps and modes.

I got a better and cheaper deal:
z2rEW.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
YESSSSSSS! I got the ACW-R. I played like shit, spamming rockets on Operation Metro but I did it. I'll never have to do that again.

It took me only 2 minutes to get an EOD Bot kill since I have had experience in getting kills with that before. Now to get 100 carbine kills for the MTAR-21.

TheSeks

Just skip that handfull of weapons if you feel such pain by unlocking them they are clearly not worth endangering your health...

But I want my SPAS-12, goddamn it. >:| It's the only reason I bought this shitty map pack.

But I want my SPAS-12, goddamn it. >:| It's the only reason I bought this shitty map pack.

That is something what EA/Dice learned from the past and probably from Blizzard - appeal to the collector of every gamer. Close Quarter is a quick-buck addon and I only wait for the others but still I want the achievements, weapons, etc. In my case it is not that bad - I can live with some mindless action fun.

You can either force yourself to play through, get someone else to do it or Dice probably will offer pay 2 unlock aswell for the new weapons. It is easy money for them I can't blame them. I remember how long it took me to get those damn roadkills for the MK3A1 - it was horrible and boring but did I stop? Nope I wanted the weapon :)

JJD

Man we should really try to populate Dreamgazer's server. That Forest Infidel server was already getting boring since they have no B2K maps or Tehran, and now the admin. started switching gaffers...

Not to mention that it seems that low lvl. players flock to that server...

Evolved1

Man we should really try to populate Dreamgazer's server. That Forest Infidel server was already getting boring since they have no B2K maps or Tehran, and now the admin. started switching gaffers...

That server always turns into base carnage...

they actually had an Admin on? shock and awe!

JJD

It feels like the spas has longer range than the 870.

The SPAS shoots a little faster, but the 870 shoots 12 pellets against 11 by the SPAS. It also has a little more spread.

Overall I'd say the SPAS is better but I have little experience with the 870.

From what I played the SPAS seemed more effective IMO.

Also if you guys have a good aim with a shotgun (not my case) it's been said that the SPAS is a monster with slugs. 1 shot kill in a range of 15 meters, and it does 40 damage farther than that, whatever the distance. So if the enemy is at full health you need 3 shots, but usually you find a lot of people bleeding so it's more than likely just 2.

Slugs are not heavily affect by suppression anymore. It's still there, but it's been decreased a lot.

olimpia84

The only reason I usually join that Forest Infidels server is because it's on my favorite list and it's never full but at the same time not close to being empty; plus it has a pretty decent map list with 100% ticket count although it's starting to get old since we play there everyday.

All the other servers I have marked as favorites are always empty and whenever I try to get into a round through quick match I always end up in a 500% ticket server

Rebel Leader

Dream's curse will make sure that the server is empty forever and ever and ever and ever
A0Evk.jpg

jet1911

The SPAS shoots a little faster, but the 870 shoots 12 pellets against 11 by the SPAS. It also has a little more spread.

Overall I'd say the SPAS is better but I have little experience with the 870.

From what I played the SPAS seemed more effective IMO.

Also if you guys have a good aim with a shotgun (not my case) it's been said that the SPAS is a monster with slugs. 1 shot kill in a range of 15 meters, and it does 40 damage farther than that, whatever the distance. So if the enemy is at full health you need 3 shots, but usually you find a lot of people bleeding so it's more than likely just 2.

Slugs are not heavily affect by suppression anymore. It's still there, but it's been decreased a lot.

I still remember the Spas with slugs in BC2. That thing was a damn sniper rifle lol

Dream's curse will make sure that the server is empty forever and ever and ever and ever
A0Evk.jpg

All you need to do is to get the regular gaffers to sit in there for 4-5 minutes, the server float to up and we'll have more people.

That or you can rename it into any of the following:
"500% metro, rank up fast all the time."
"BF3 AWESOME SERVER N00b welcome"
"CATHOLIC SCHOOL GIRL PARTY NIGHT"
"PIZZA, BURGERS, NACHOS"

Rebel Leader

Don't like me calling you that? Change your name.

Or I can change it to CODfish, Cash on Delivery, ...

I don't like it because the name was from the game at all

It doesn't bother me much but I like posting gifs =3

All you need to do is to get the regular gaffers to sit in there for 4-5 minutes, the server float to up and we'll have more people.

That or you can rename it into any of the following:
"500% metro, rank up fast all the time."
"BF3 AWESOME SERVER N00b welcome"
"CATHOLIC SCHOOL GIRL PARTY NIGHT"
"PIZZA, BURGERS, NACHOS"

Decisions.......... decisions

Top Bottom