• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

w00t, got my 10 kills with all CQ weapons trophy on PS3. all MP trophies achieved.. again..

is there any way to remove some of the HUD elements on the console version(360)? I'm getting used to it but it would be nice if the Conquest/Teammate/Spotted icons were a little more subtle. It's the worst when I get close to the conquest flag and the icon gets huge and occupies the middle of the screen.

nope.

YoungHav

Banned
help me out GAF. I am in a tight spot until my next paycheck so spending $50 right now on premium would hurt. So I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying Close Quarters and the rest of the DLC at $15 a piece (total $60 over time). My question is, is there anything that I would miss out on by not getting premium, are their premium only advantages?

help me out GAF. I am in a tight spot until my next paycheck so spending $50 right now on premium would hurt. So I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying Close Quarters and the rest of the DLC at $15 a piece (total $60 over time). My question is, is there anything that I would miss out on by not getting premium, are their premium only advantages?

the premium knife, some premium dogtags and skins for some weapons

JJD

Do you already have Back to Karkand? If you don't have it, buy Premium.

If you already have B2K, just buy Close Quarters since you're a little short on cash.

Vormund

I would just wait a while and just get premium to be honest. Close Quarters is ok but it can get a bit boring.

I want to love the AS-val more (Vss <3), but I can't rely on supports to supply ammo -_- (it seems like most of gaf only runs support for vehicle destroying purpose)

Woorloog

Banned
Do 40mm LVG kills count as Underbarrel Grenade Launcher kills or as Handgrenade kills for "Set us up the Bomb" assignment? Or neither?
Also, is M320 weaker on CQ maps? Hits just under players don't seem to be killing them. Or is it just an issue with AUG A3?

Do 40mm LVG kills count as Underbarrel Grenade Launcher kills or as Handgrenade kills for "Set us up the Bomb" assignment? Or neither?
Also, is M320 weaker on CQ maps? Hits just under players don't seem to be killing them. Or is it just an issue with AUG A3?

LVG counts as underbarrel grenade launcher kills.

Woorloog

Banned
Lol what a douche admin. I kill him and his squad and he kicks me.

And got the hand grenade kills, damn those feel inconsistent but i never see people using FLAK really either.
Now C4 kills...

And oops, double post.

WoodWERD

I'm a little shy of 1500 M320 kills and play conquest exclusively. Typically you're not going to kill an enemy who's 100% unless you hit em directly. I get splash kills all the time, but usually it's when I've weakened them first. Love it for blasting snipers in windows. Too bad it doesn't track longest kill because I've had some seriously awesome shots.

-Silver-

Ah, so no point in using it for the assignment.
I'm not good with hand grenades... *Sigh* this is going to take foreever...

Grand Bazaar Rush. First Bravo MCOM. Take out Alpha first so that the enemy runs inside the room bravo is in. It might be possible to get all 15 grenade kills in one round, assuming that there are Assaults to revive the fallen members.

Woorloog

Banned
Now i need the EOD bot kill. Now this is going to be difficult. After it, only being in top5 in Gun Master remains. Oh and some weapon kills of course, but those are trivial. Then i have all the new weapons. Hate these assignments.

FUCK EOD BOTS. Too visible, too difficult to drive, too weak, too noisy

EDIT lol, stupid sniper didn't notice me. That was far faster than i expected.
Now to Gun Master...

olimpia84

I never really had to properly try for the EOD bot kill since I took advantage of an empty server and did it there but it shouldn't be too hard if you play on a large map, find a lone sniper on a hill, go close to him and deploy the EOD for what it should be an easy kill.

Woorloog

Banned
I never really had to properly try for the EOD bot kill since I took advantage of an empty server and did it there but it shouldn't be too hard if you play on a large map, find a lone sniper on a hill, go close to him and deploy the EOD for what it should be an easy kill.

Exactly what happened. The sniper had ridiculously bad situational awareness. I actually almost botched the kill, i torched him, moved, and had hard time getting him under my sights again...

Now i need some 80 Carbine kills (easy) and one Gun Master top5. And some heals and kills for the Dog Tag assignments.

YoungHav

Banned
I got premium (yeah I'm a dummy for spending money right now lol). Does DICE listen to the internet? I feel like Headquarters mode would be awesome with these maps, especially scrap metal.

i have a simple rule about custom rules.

np84N.jpg

if i don't see that icon, i do whatever i want.

if i get kicked, fine. whatever.

i've been kicked for less...

Woorloog

Banned

np84N.jpg

DICE should have made the custom icon to be toggled on automatically if the settings are not default normal or default hardcore settings. Including any more than 100% tickets.

Xux

Any advice on DPV kills? Road kills seem like a toss up on on whether they'll register and the guns seems like it kinda sucks.

I got premium (yeah I'm a dummy for spending money right now lol). Does DICE listen to the internet? I feel like Headquarters mode would be awesome with these maps, especially scrap metal.

king of the hill would be awesome. and armored kill should have quad bike racing.

Any advice on DPV kills? Road kills seem like a toss up on on whether they'll register and the guns seems like it kinda sucks.

well, some people swear by roadkills, but i just parked it up in spots where i had a good shot at enemies and gunned them down when they appeared. mostly on Oman 3 flag.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

np84N.jpg

I don't know... if a server is titled "Sniper Only" and when you join pretty much everyone is following the rules except for a couple guys... those couple guys are assholes. imo.

I needed to get some sniper kills for an assignment... I figured instead of snipe during a reg match I'd find a custom room for a few rounds. So I join this sniper only server and three guys on the other team are running engineer. Now, until HB joined late game, I was really the only person on my side capping flags (the rest of the team is up in the hills and shit trying to do their long range shots or whatever -- this is on OP Firestorm) so I keep butting heads with the guys with SMG's and carbines. Luckily though, I was winning. Using the suppressed M1911pistol mostly. And this was mostly occurring around B, especially up on the roof.

Anyway... ended up winning the round and acing despite the retards on the other side who couldn't play straight up. The moral of the story is those guys were douches. And sucked really bad.

I'm not a trash talker but I did send a PSN message letting them know they were not very good at teh game. It was a bit salty, but hey...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh I hate the LVG, I can never get a kill with it in gun game. It's so stupid

Think of it as an aimed thrown grenade and you'd enjoy it. I like it because it allows you to switch to it, quickly retreat and bounce a grenade where a thrown grenade wouldn't normally bounce/have the strength to bounce to catch someone off guard.

I don't know... if a server is titled "Sniper Only" and when you join pretty much everyone is following the rules except for a couple guys... those couple guys are assholes. imo.

I needed to get some sniper kills for an assignment... I figured instead of snipe during a reg match I'd find a custom room for a few rounds. So I join this sniper only server and three guys on the other team are running engineer. Now, until HB joined late game, I was really the only person on my side capping flags (the rest of the team is up in the hills and shit trying to do their long range shots or whatever -- this is on OP Firestorm) so I keep butting heads with the guys with SMG's and carbines. Luckily though, I was winning. Using the suppressed M1911pistol mostly. And this was mostly occurring around B, especially up on the roof.

Anyway... ended up winning the round and acing despite the retards on the other side who couldn't play straight up. The moral of the story is those guys were douches. And sucked really bad.

I'm not a trash talker but I did send a PSN message letting them know they were not very good at teh game. It was a bit salty, but hey...

server admin didn't have the icon, server admin's fault.

DICE rules mean there are no rules.

unless i see this:
np84N.jpg

Think of it as an aimed thrown grenade and you'd enjoy it. I like it because it allows you to switch to it, quickly retreat and bounce a grenade where a thrown grenade wouldn't normally bounce/have the strength to bounce to catch someone off guard.

works really well down long hallways!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I really like the LVG in reg matches... I think of it like... if you could sidearm a grenade throw.

I got a shit load of kills with it on Bazzar. You can shoot it all the way back through doorway/hallways and land it in area you can;t get a reg frag.

I was just messing with you! ;-)

I would never be able to get the EOD bot kill legit! It's amazing to me that not only you got one, but several!

I love the A-91, when I started playing it was my favorite engineer gun. I felt really powerful when playing with it. But I can't use the same gun that much! I don't know why but I'm always changing around. I got around only 450 kills with the A-91. Haha!

Right now I'm using the the more popular guns like the M4A1, AEK-971 (Assault) and the M16A4 (Engineer) mainly because that's what the pros are using. Lately I've felt that I really should master a few guns instead of trying to know all of then. I'm a lvl. 37 colonel and I still haven't gotten more than 1,000 kills with any gun. You know the saying jack of all trades master of none...

Hopefully I'll improve if I stick to a small selection of weapons and really get used to then.

Also, I don't know if this have been posted yet but Demize was on reedit a couple days ago discussing some probable balance changes for the next patch:

What do you guys think? I bolded the changes I thought were more interesting. M416 new go to weapon for Assaults right next to the AEK?

Overall some nice changes but no one asked and Demize didn't even mention glitches on maps like Metro or the boat one. That's a shame. I'm starting to think that those are issues that Dice simply can't fix... :-(
Do you have a link to the reddit discussion JJD? I can't find it and even sites like Battlefieldo make no mention of it.

Gun Master Protip: Turn Aim Assist On.

oh man, it's like a totally different game, handguns actually hitting people, getting into top 5 almost reliably, and i only tried it out for 3 games.

also, this random dude on the server i played on was knifing people and it was hilarious. i mean he would wait around blind corners and just ambush people, it was soooo funny seeing it happen.

I don't have the assignment completed yet.
However, the last time I ended up with DPV kills it was just AT-mine kills while I'm on the DPV.
I can usually get 4~8 AT-mine kills per game on wake conquest assault.

You may want to try that. Place tank mines at a few good spots (slopped areas/shady areas, etc.) and just drive around trying to get road kills at the same time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
E_W_E_S_T_ mad. Because I was stylin' on his team as the gunner in the attack chopper. Stopped their cheesemobile in it's tracks and let my team win. What happens? Kicked before I get the win. Butthurt admins are ruining this game.

"No spawn camping" servers are hilarious because the admins are two-faced hypocrites that don't let up and won't kick people that are doing the spawn camping.

BF community is oh so bad lately. I swear...

Also got an EOD bot kill on the LAV sitting there firing at the doorway of B Seine First Set on defense. I camped near the cars where the bridge would be for second set and just rolled around. Took like three attempts before I got it. But never a-fuckin'-gain, DICE.

Now I just have to get the Carbine kills to get the second gun.

I hate vehicle obsession
I hate vehicle obsession
I hate vehicle obsession
I hate vehicle obsession.

If everyone knows that a vehicle can be used as a "distraction", why do you still fall for it on the reversing end?

Top Bottom