• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I really want the MK, but I seriously dislike gun master...

Evolved1

Camp. I did mine on... the inner-garden two stairwell map. Stay where B is in Conquest and just mow people down there.

I just got it with dream on his server... some people joined but had a good head start by then.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just got it with dream on his server... some people joined but had a good head start by then.

Lame. I did it like a man in a public server after losing the last round. :p

At least you didn't kick people for it, surely? I joined a server that did JUST THAT for it.

oh yeah, learned something new yesterday. throwing a grenade with L2, but then pressing and holding R1 immediately allows you to keep aiming the grenade. I might be the only one who didn't know this but anyways :D

JJD

I really want the MK, but I seriously dislike gun master...

Don't waste your time, it's not only the worst gun in the DLC, but it's overall the worst PDW in the game as well. Get it only if you're a completionist or if you want the gun trophy.

Don't waste your time, it's not only the worst gun in the DLC, but it's overall the worst PDW in the game as well. Get it only if you're a completionist or if you want the gun trophy.

haha, so true, it's worthless! :D And getting to the top in Gun Master is easy as long as you are in the game from the start. The key is to not mess about with the handguns for too long, assault rifles and shotguns will go through quickly. Also keep moving back and forth in a central position on the map, dont go looking for people.

With the grenade launcher, just spam the grenades in random doorways and corners, people will run into them :p

Dave1988

I think you've got that wrong. The LSAT is the worst gun in the whole goddamn game. It's bad at everything.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
How do you take out a fully loaded chopper on Wake Island being flown by a 100 and a 90+? The team they were on barely won, but the irritation of that chopper was a room killer.

How do you take out a fully loaded chopper on Wake Island being flown by a 100 and a 90+? The team they were on barely won, but the irritation of that chopper was a room killer.

If really necessary, CITV + tank guided shell + at worst 2 javelin.

Otherwise, ignore the chopper if useless or if you're lone wolfing.
Let someone else worry about them.
"Irritation/annoyance/I just don't like enemy vehicles" should never be your priority over objectives.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If really necessary, CITV + tank guided shell + at worst 2 javelin.

Otherwise, ignore the chopper if useless or if you're lone wolfing.
Let someone else worry about them.
"Irritation/annoyance/I just don't like enemy vehicles" should never be your priority over objectives.
This person was laying waste to most of us. Their teammates were getting to the objectives because of them. They became a priority because we couldn't defuse mcoms due to constant strafing. Otherwise, I agree.

This person was laying waste to most of us. Their teammates were getting to the objectives because of them. They became a priority because we couldn't defuse mcoms due to constant strafing. Otherwise, I agree.

You can ignore this post, cause I'm supposedly a "vehicle hater"

However, my immediate reaction and question to your post is:
"Well, how did the mcoms get armed in the first place?"
"How did people allow enemies to get to the m-com? everyone in visible range of the m-com got killed?"

You got 2 m-coms on each set, multiple sets, with a few of them immune to any form of air fire.
I highly doubt the chopper could have obliterated all 12 people on your team.

Now, don't get me wrong, I totally understand what you're going through.
When I see a good chopper pilot on wake, even with 3 gaffers - I know instantly we'll lose the rush defense round.
Cause 90% of the time, people will get way too occupied by the chopper.
"oh hey, 3 engineers just ran pass you, but I guess rocketing that vehicle is more important?"
I honestly think that the chopper is the least of people's problem.

Even in the "super op chopper" days of BC2, people can still defend a mcom just fine.
I don't know why, but now, no one wants to watch the m-com.

---------------------
conclusion:
If you're playing with randoms, and everyone think the chopper is the #1 problem...well then you're just screwed to begin with.

TheSeks

oh yeah, learned something new yesterday. throwing a grenade with L2, but then pressing and holding R1 immediately allows you to keep aiming the grenade. I might be the only one who didn't know this but anyways :D

Old. But really not useful in the line of fire since you can't lean out to throw it and have to slowly strafe since you're in "ADS" mode for it. :/

Also the MP5K mows people down. I haven't used it (not unlocked yet) but I have seen people use it to good effect.

kiyomi

Anyone know when I can buy CQ by itself? Ridiculous that I have to pay 49.99, just want this single DLC ....

It's already out, at least in the US/EU.

Just bought it today, gonna try it some later. Not usually one for DLC but I hear the maps are pretty good and it'll make a change from the usual BF experience.

Decided to drop the hammer for BF3 Premium on saturday. The CQ maps are an absoute blast to play. The premium event calendar is a really nice touch and I love assignments. It teaches new ways to play the game which is pretty clever.

JJD

I think you've got that wrong. The LSAT is the worst gun in the whole goddamn game. It's bad at everything.

The main issue with the LSAT is that it's low damaging (it does the same damage as an assault rifle but it's rate of fire is kinda slow at 650 BPS). On everything else it's pretty average.

The M5K on the other hand is below average on pretty much everything. From max bullet damage to spread, passing through the ridiculous low clip size (20 bullets, and it's kinda low even if you add extended mag) to ADS accuracy (it's particularly horrible mid range forward).

The only thing it's got going is hip fire which is kinda good, but it's still worse in that regard than guns like the UMP or the MP7, and both of then have many other advantages over the M5K, so really why should anyone bother with it?

Dice tried to make a good hip fire PDW but it's stats just aren't there. It's just not a viable alternative to the other hip fire guns. I'm not saying you can't make a good game with it, I'm just saying that if you do, you would probably have an even better one if you were using something else.

Also the MP5K mows people down. I haven't used it (not unlocked yet) but I have seen people use it to good effect.

As I said you can do good with practically every weapon on the game, it's just that some of then make it easier for you. the M5K is not one of those guns. With 20 bullets realistically you gotta reload after almost every single kill, and it's got a slow reload time to makes things worst. When I was using I got killed a lot between reload animations.

The extended mag only gives you 10 more bullets, and it's a absolutely necessity to make this gun works better, so you're stuck with it making the only other viable attachments the flashlight or laser. Forget about using a silencer with this gun. It also has the worst ADS accuracy of all PDW weapons so Dice is practically demanding that you use it as a hip fire gun and yet it's hip fire stats are worse than the MP7, P90, PP-2000, UMP or even the PP90. Not satisfied Dice gave this weapon the worst vertical recoil on any PDW too, but it also got a pretty damn good recoil recover after each shot, so in the end you got a gun with kinda low recoil but very unpredictable performance. After a while playing with a gun you know how it's going to perform and the M5K keeps surprising you, unfortunately more often than not in a bad way.

It's only better than average stat is minimal damage at 12.5, but if you consider how inaccurate this gun is, good luck trying to kill those guys at mid distance specially with so few bullets. It kinda negates the nice minimal damage bonus.

Seriously, Dice didn't know what it was going for when balancing this gun, and while Demize said that he doesn't want to re balance the new guns right now I'm willing to bet the M5K will eventually be rebalanced and not a single stat will be nerfed, only improved.You can't really go much lower than were they already are right now.

Something for premium members...
Play with Dice
PC- June 26 (Tuesday) at 8:00 AM PDT (11:00 AM EST) to 11:00 AM PDT (2:00 PM EST)
PS3- June 27 (Wednesday) at 8:00 AM PDT (11:00 AM EST) to June 28 (Thursday) at 11:00 AM PDT (2:00 PM EST)
360- June 28 (Thursday) at 8:00 AM PDT (11:00 AM EST) to 11:00 AM PDT (2:00 PM EST)

There is some confusion to why the PC and 360 only get 3 hours while the PS3 gets 24. Might just be a typo on DICE's part.
http://www.facebook.com/battlefield/events

TheSeks

Fucks sake, why can't they do it on the weekend.

And finally DICE devs on PS3?! OMG!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Play with Dice
PC- June 26 (Tuesday) at 8:00 AM PDT (11:00 AM EST) to 11:00 AM PDT (2:00 PM EST)
PS3- June 27 (Wednesday) at 8:00 AM PDT (11:00 AM EST) to June 28 (Thursday) at 11:00 AM PDT (2:00 PM EST)
360- June 28 (Thursday) at 8:00 AM PDT (11:00 AM EST) to 11:00 AM PDT (2:00 PM EST)

There is some confusion to why the PC and 360 only get 3 hours while the PS3 gets 24. Might just be a typo on DICE's part.

why the fuck do I have to have facebook?

Play with Dice

Good going DICE.
This only benefits the summer kids/students, the unemployed and those in the Asia timezones.

------------------
Also DICE DEVs on each platform:
http://www.stalkdice.com/

TheSeks

Good going DICE.
This only benefits the summer kids/students, the unemployed and those in the Asia timezones.

It's a full 24 hours on PS3, so you should in theory be able to get it anytime. But yeah... it's a really bad time and they should do it Fri-Sunday instead of straight up mid-week. :|

At least Bungie knows how to treat their immature community. :|

Evolved1

Old. But really not useful in the line of fire since you can't lean out to throw it and have to slowly strafe since you're in "ADS" mode for it. :/

I didn't know that about frags... but I have a feel for them anyway. I feel like I can put one exactly where I want it, even a long throw.

The MP5K imo is an awesome weapon. However, I think it's going to suffer the same way as the MP7... having to choose between a suppressor and extd' mag. :(

Which makes the P90 better than both even though I like the other weapons over it... if not for their shallow mags.

I put suppressors on everything.

I didn't know that about frags... but I have a feel for them anyway. I feel like I can put one exactly where I want it, even a long throw.

The MP5K imo is an awesome weapon. However, I think it's going to suffer the same way as the MP7... having to choose between a suppressor and extd' mag. :(

Which makes the P90 better than both even though I like the other weapons over it... if not for their shallow mags.

I put suppressors on everything.

I'm the same way. I run silent on everything except LMG's.

Xux

Anyone know of a site that has pictures of the maps with all of the objectives and vehicles for every mode in B2K?

TheSeks

How about this:
http://i.imgur.com/uGNEe.jpg

obvious fake

OMG I now want to neon lights under my tank.

Evolved said:
I want it, even a long throw.

Unless you're aiming while you're throwing/pressing the throw button it won't "long aim" in general. While "readying" the grenade will let you properly aim it and then throw it where you aim. It's good in non-heat-of-the-moment situations but those are too far and few for the L2/R1 trick to be too useful.

Xux

Haha, screw that. That's definitely something COD Elite has over Battlelog. Guess I'll have to get a notebook and pen and do it the old fashioned way.

Also, B2K seems really rare now; there was, like, 8-10 servers out of the 1000+ running the maps. Sharqi seems really unpopular despite it probably being my favorite next to Karkand (and me still needing the hour more play time on it for the Jackhammer.

TheSeks

It's only because the CQ maps are out. If you play Rush you could get into some B2K servers. There's a few B2K only rush servers still around which is nice since they're (besides shitty wake shitty remake island shitty) better than Close Shitters and the vanilla maps.

Xux

It's only because the CQ maps are out. If you play Rush you could get into some B2K servers. There's a few B2K only rush servers still around which is nice since they're (besides shitty wake shitty remake island shitty) better than Close Shitters and the vanilla maps.
Aw, I like Wake Island Conquest. And, yeah, it does seem like the maps are better designed for Rush than Conquest. I'm still out for the DPV kills, though, and I don't think there are any in Rush.
I'd like to see two more things:
-Bump up the MK11, SVD, M39, and QBU-88 to 20 rounds to compete with the M417
-Make it so jeeps and Humvees/Vodniks don't trigger AT mines

TheSeks

There is DPV in Wake and Oman Rush. Oman after the first set IIRC. Wake from the start.

For DPV you want to suicide run to run over people for roadkills to register as the kills. Or get in the gunner seat and camp but that has a narrow degree of attack (like... 40 degree acute angle) to where it's not really recommended.

Evolved1

Unless you're aiming while you're throwing/pressing the throw button it won't "long aim" in general. While "readying" the grenade will let you properly aim it and then throw it where you aim. It's good in non-heat-of-the-moment situations but those are too far and few for the L2/R1 trick to be too useful.

If I want a long throw I just put a bunch of arc on it and jump as I throw. Not sure if jumping adds distance like ti did in BC2, but I get them where I want 'em. Frags are probably my best weapon. I'm not the greatest at the game, but frags I've pretty much mastered.

I would love to be able to bring up my gunner's view in the chopper... like picture in picture. Not sure where on the HUD would be best, but it'd be pretty cool to pull that up for a few seconds and see what they're looking at.

Evolved1

Hey JM... had a weird freeze. Figured I'd call it a night.

Hmm, will the grenade drop to your feet if you are holding it and you get killed? Also it's a lost opportunity if you could cook the grenade while aiming.

TheSeks

Hmm, will the grenade drop to your feet if you are holding it and you get killed? Also it's a lost opportunity if you could cook the grenade while aiming.

No, and no it isn't. Given it'd be awkward holding it to "cook."

Really, the issue is you can't hold L2 to "hold" the grenade anymore like you could in BC2. You now have to L2/R1 which isn't a sure thing in heat-of-the-moment times.

Top Bottom