• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That RUSH sever was set up with too many tickets. Those games are way too long. Not fun.

I only joined because the name. I figured bo and Olimpia (who were on) were going to do Conquest. But they joined me and I'm like "well, whatever."

It was 150% So not too bad, but yeah... it dragged.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I only joined because the name. I figured bo and Olimpia (who were on) were going to do Conquest. But they joined me and I'm like "well, whatever."

It was 150% So not too bad, but yeah... it dragged.

I might have stayed had it not been Bazaar... that is such a grinder map. We had them stuffed forever. Then they all started sniping, so it turned boring as shit. And of course some people join them and they push through into the first set after putting us all to sleep. No way I was going to sit through that cycle again however many more times.

I don't really understand the people who have high ticket rush. That wasn't the worst ticket count, but it was still too many.

And if I continued to try to get the kills I was afraid Dream was going to kick me from the platoon, he was getting mad because I was supposedly not helping the team, but I swear I was diverting their attention all the time, and annoying then to no end so our guys could get the upper hand! Haha!

1) I don't kick people off the platoon. Noise does.

2) My stance is always the same: Do anything you want when we have all flags/lead. Stop the silly stuff/non-objective stuff when we don't have the lead (having the lead but no flag also counts). I don't take any chances. I don't want to give the enemy any hope. They will be force fed defeat, while I clench victory in my iron cold hands. *cough*

In particular, I complained about your EOD bot antics on that one seinen game, because that map is not the best place for EOD kills imo.

olimpia84

Killing sniper on top of Caspian's Border main antenna with an RPG: check

And yeah, any Rush server that has over 100% ticket count pretty much sucks unless you're on the attacking side.

Anyone that likes CQ is obviously lying. It's a piece of shit.

i like CQDM.

my only issue is,like Olipmia says... it gets old fast playing the same 4 maps over and over. if it were 12 on 12 and could be dropped into the mix with CQ/CQA playlists, it would be much more fresh.

can't stand Gun Master though...

i like CQDM.

my only issue is,like Olipmia says... it gets old fast playing the same 4 maps over and over. if it were 12 on 12 and could be dropped into the mix with CQ/CQA playlists, it would be much more fresh.

can't stand Gun Master though...

I feel the same. I hate having to stop the rotation of CQ/24 and put in on CQD/16. Would be much more interesting if you could have one rotation with all the maps and modes together and with the same 24 player count.

Gun master, I won't be playing that anytime soon. I would much, MUCH rather play CQ/CQA/CQD.

But you have like, a degree at trolling the enemy! You're THE master at that kind of stuff! Lol!
yeah, i was trolling so hard last night with C4 on the objectives in CQDM that i got hatemail. i had lots of doubles, some triples and even a multi! so good!

I just got the EOD bot stuck everywhere, turned it over dozens of times, and clipped him everywhere! Once he actually started moving on his own and would not stop going in circles. That thing is a little monster.

And if I continued to try to get the kills I was afraid Dream was going to kick me from the platoon, he was getting mad because I was supposedly not helping the team, but I swear I was diverting their attention all the time, and annoying then to no end so our guys could get the upper hand! Haha!
the trick is to not drive around the EOD Bot everywhere just have it equipped and play normally. then when you see an unsuspecting enemy or vehicle, get right behind them (if in a hurry) or to a relatively safe spot, deploy it, and go for the kill

when i saw the dude on the mortar on Karkand, i was actually driving a tank over the edge near B going towards D. i immediately hopped out, circled behind him, deployed, got my kill, picked up the EOD Bot and went back to the tank.

Pfft. I killed faceless in a GAF-only match last night. If I can do it, anyone can.

Just kidding, face. Please don't take my tags.

]I think there's something to be said for camping an apartment and getting at least one squad so pissed off they concentrate all their efforts on revenge. The trouble comes from everyone else on the team seeing that's where the action is and wanting to come get a piece, instead of noticing that (at least) four guys have taken themselves out of the game and flags are undefended.
yeah, some people get so caught up with a certain enemy they lose sight of the bigger picture. when we have less flags capped, what i really want to do is to get my feet into an enemy/neutral capture zone. i wish i could establish a telepathic connection and convey a simple message to randoms about how every 4 seconds they spend taking potshots and not capping a base, it's basically a free 'kill' for the other team.

I feel the same. I hate having to stop the rotation of CQ/24 and put in on CQD/16. Would be much more interesting if you could have one rotation with all the maps and modes together and with the same 24 player count.

Gun master, I won't be playing that anytime soon. I would much, MUCH rather play CQ/CQA/CQD.

and they could add a 4th flag on each CQDM map to keep things flowing.

JJD

Don't you guys think that Dice should make the capture zone a little bigger? The way they are now everyone has to clump a really small place making easy for enemies to quickly clear everyone.

That's it, if you don't get blow up to pieces by C4 or grenades first.

I really don't know where a fourth flag could go on most maps...

Don't you guys think that Dice should make the capture zone a little bigger? The way they are now everyone has to clump a really small place making easy for enemies to quickly clear everyone.

That's it, if you don't get blow up to pieces by C4 or grenades first.

I really don't know where a fourth flag could go on most maps...

3rd floor bar area of Ziba, dead center

courtyard area with the 2 sets of steps on Donya, side furthest from C

middle of office area on 925, opposite side of building from steps to B

i dunno about scrap metal, would probably have to move a flag...

Arnie

Loving CQ, although I can understand certain people's disdain for it. It doesn't really feel like Battlefield, but I'm sort of enjoying this refreshing tangent as I know I can return to the traditional experience at any time, with new weapons. Donya Fortress and Ziba Tower are a pair of awesome maps too, and when you get a squad working together the close quarters feel is a blast. Especially if you've got a Spas equipped, or the ACW-R.

I'm looking forward to Armoured Kill if just for some new Rush maps. Although I've got the suspicion that the maps are going to be guff on consoles, because of the player count. I can't stand Caspian Border, for example, on Conquest. It's shit. It's just running around capping flags with the odd firefight here or there. I love playing it in 64 players on my brother's PC though when I'm home.

JJD

Except once you get past Colonel, XP doesn't mean anything anymore. All it does is falsely increase your score per minute.

I don't really care for lvl. and all that crap. I mentioned the double XP weekend because it usually brings the worst BF players to the table, and lately I can't seem to find good games.

TheSeks

Time to switch to support and just constantly throw grenades into that room. While my squadmates just shoot the new grenade launcher round in there.

Grenades spawn slowly. New launcher will work but has a delay since it's spitting grenades at them. Not good if their team is firing at you on the ground and in the "air."

Needs to be patched to where there's a wall there or destruction since destruction doesn't work on certain areas of maps since they're "out of bounds."

JJD

Well, apparently this is getting popular:

Hidden spots at Metro A. You can also do this at the 2 other buildings by the A flag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEcMZSPXQ4M

Ha! I spawned on a dude on that same spot some weeks ago. I supposed this is how he got there since you can do the same thing on Seine to enter the second floor of that building next to the stairs between A and C.

It's only good as a safe spawn site to your squad. The dude stayed there almost the whole game and got less than 10 kills.

I don't really think this needs a patch or anything. The glitch were people walk into walls and camp at B is way worse. Whenever I see something like that if my team is comfortable winning I just drop smoke non stop on that spot to annoy those bastards.

Grenades spawn slowly. New launcher will work but has a delay since it's spitting grenades at them. Not good if their team is firing at you on the ground and in the "air."

Needs to be patched to where there's a wall there or destruction since destruction doesn't work on certain areas of maps since they're "out of bounds."

Well that's really the only thing we will be able to do until it gets fixed. Hopefully they do something about it. We will have to wait and see.

Xux

The only thing I don't like about Gun Master is that I can never find anyone; these maps are way too big for 16 players.

Woorloog

Banned
Loving CQ, although I can understand certain people's disdain for it. It doesn't really feel like Battlefield, but I'm sort of enjoying this refreshing tangent as I know I can return to the traditional experience at any time, with new weapons. Donya Fortress and Ziba Tower are a pair of awesome maps too, and when you get a squad working together the close quarters feel is a blast. Especially if you've got a Spas equipped, or the ACW-R.

I'm looking forward to Armoured Kill if just for some new Rush maps. Although I've got the suspicion that the maps are going to be guff on consoles, because of the player count. I can't stand Caspian Border, for example, on Conquest. It's shit. It's just running around capping flags with the odd firefight here or there. I love playing it in 64 players on my brother's PC though when I'm home.

Yup, CQ doesn't feel like Battlefield but damn it is fun. Not really liking Donya Fortress (it is beatiful) though.

Caspian is probably worst Conquest map (not counting maps clearly meant for Rush like Damavand and Metro) with just 24 players. It is common to just go around a certain path capping flags after an enemy has capped them, and repeat, not enough fighting. The map looks like it has beatiful places to ambush tanks and so on, but in practice it reaches none of its potential on consoles.

Too bad Rush sucks in BF3... It feels so slow most of the time. Or at least not very fun unlike in BFBC2. That is, with 100% tickets. With anymore, the mode is completly broken as the attackers can simply zergrush the MCOMs until they win.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
played a few matches and....

WcM7S.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
Yes double exp weekend...

...oh, only for premium members...

...oh wait, I have everything unlocked anyway.

Yay, i'm a premium member!

Right. Still no use for XP.

IMO the COD-like leveling needs to be changed: No more level requirements, XP is used as currency to buy stuff, everything can be bought, no limitations on what you need to buy first etc.

Really hating the assingements. Sure, i can get all of them, some sooner, some later. But they suck anyway. Just make the new weapons unlockable through leveling...

olimpia84

Hidden spots at Metro A. You can also do this at the 2 other buildings by the A flag.

I remember playing a Metro round against a clan and they were using that level to hide their spawn beacon. After I finally figured it out, I switched to Support and spammed grenades from the street level until I killed the recon camping there and its spawn beacon. trollface.jpg

TheSeks

That was an intense last arm. 4 tickets left. I think my stealing the Cheesemobile (and putting a spawn point there!) threw them for a loop and distracted them enough for someone get in there. Respawn, MAV up and basically spot assist spot assist spot assist for the win. :D YEAH.

Something like that doesn't bother me. I've gone up in there and planted C4 and when the squad spawns in, boom, no more problem. It's not like glitching through walls or catching on geometry to get somewhere that should be inaccessible. There's a reason you don't just fall through those particular awnings. By this point, Metro is so boring that any wrinkle it shows is welcome.

Overdoziz

Banned
They're pretty fun... but if you play COD too, not worth it.
I wouldn't have bought Premium but i found 4200 MSP for 38€...
Looking forward for the other expansions more than CQ really though.
I'm only looking forward to Armored Kill at the moment. I don't expect to buy any other expansions unless they offer something special. I'm not going to buy premium if I hardly want any of the expansions. Double exp and a new skin for my knife isn't going to convince me either.

UFRA

Finally unlocked all class weapons yesterday. Feels good, man.

Only have like 3 vehicles left to unlock stuff for that will take forever since they're less frequently used (IFV, Mobile AA, Jets).

I can now play whatever class I want and not feel guilty with this voice nagging me in the background going "why are you wasting time using this class when you still have guns to unlock in assault!??!?"

vixlar

Finally unlocked all class weapons yesterday. Feels good, man.

Only have like 3 vehicles left to unlock stuff for that will take forever since they're less frequently used (IFV, Mobile AA, Jets).

I can now play whatever class I want and not feel guilty with this voice nagging me in the background going "why are you wasting time using this class when you still have guns to unlock in assault!??!?"

Actually, my inner voice says: "Why are you wasting time leveling this class when your team needs another class?"

Until now, I have unlocked only engineer weapons...

I'm only looking forward to Armored Kill at the moment. I don't expect to buy any other expansions unless they offer something special. I'm not going to buy premium if I hardly want any of the expansions. Double exp and a new skin for my knife isn't going to convince me either.

The new weapons are pretty sweet...

is there any way to remove some of the HUD elements on the console version(360)? I'm getting used to it but it would be nice if the Conquest/Teammate/Spotted icons were a little more subtle. It's the worst when I get close to the conquest flag and the icon gets huge and occupies the middle of the screen.

Top Bottom