• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

U2NUMB

This happened a couple nights ago.. I had no idea my friend was recording it. Pretty awesome start to a game where I box out a dude on purpose to grab the mobile AA and then pass it to my friend for 4 quick kills. 50 second clip..

Box Out And Pass the Rock

kiyomi

About 12 hours after I bought CQ and I'm already irritated by the way people just incessantly plant C4 on the Domination objective flags. Maybe I'll get used to it in the same way as m-coms, it just seems like with m-coms you generally have enough time to spot the explosive and throw a grenade since not everyone is paying attention to defending it. With CQ, everything is so hectic that there is barely enough time to throw a grenade and prey that you happen to hit somebody's booby trap before you're either getting shot at or dead.

Not to be a negative Nancy though, I'm enjoying the map layouts and the new weapons, although I haven't unlocked most yet. Gunmaster is a cool mode too though it seems you need to be there from the start of the round to really help your team out.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Finally I managed to rank among the Top5 in Gun Master. Never again I have to play that abomination of a game mode.

I've said it a million times already, but I would play the hell out of that mode if they reversed the weapon order.

YoungHav

Banned
Thoughts:

- Why is Close Quarters only 8 on 8? These maps are big, too many times I am on a floor and no one is there. Random spawn adds to the clusterfucking but there is always unused space.

- I like these maps, but it is a bit weird, but I like these maps. Are they really COD-like? I feel like they are too vertical (my last COD was MW2).

- why the fuck did they nerf the USAS, it is useless even w.frag bullets. Back to the M1041.

- I wish the capture times were slower in Conquest Domination (should just be the same as CQ imo).

- I like Gun Master. Trying for the top 5 has been a hectic challenge.

- I can see myself putting at least 15hrs on these maps (already put in 5hrs), so worth the money IMO.

- Is there a way to see ahead of time whether the rules are normal before starting a game? I was just in the best squad deathmatch group I've ever been in and unfortunately it was at like 500% tickets. Game lasted 73minutes...

- Shame on DICE for no official Close Quarters servers.

I've said it a million times already, but I would play the hell out of that mode if they reversed the weapon order.

My main criticism is that it does encourage a lot of players to play like cowards. Hiding all the time, waiting for team mates to die to score, ...

If I play like I do in Rush/Conquest I get so much supression and kill assist points but in the end that doesn't win me the game and I am stuck with the bad weapons. 2 of my team "mates" followed me the whole round and always stayed behind when i walked around a corner and just waited until it was either safe or they could kill the wounded enemy.

Disguises

UGH. Just got kicked from a server because "3 people reported me camping". Firstly I don't camp, secondly, it's Metro, so maybe these 3 butthurt players/1 server admin got mistaken by me defending the B flag. Anyway, I hate custom servers. I really want to like this game, but there's so many things stopping me.

YoungHav

Banned
I don't see why people complain about camping. If you can't beat a camper, your skills just suck. The only time I had beef with camping was when I played hardcore in Bad Company 2, so many sniping campers and no way to see where they were on the radar. I stopped playing hardcore after that.

Disguises

Let's assume you were camping just for the hell of it - that there were THREE people who "reported" you for doing it is pitiful in its own right. Blessing is disguise getting kicked, I'd say.
True, I don't like playing Operation Metro anyway.
I also just got kicked from a totally separate server during an operation firestorm game. All I want to do is play battlefield with my friends -_-. No reason from the admin for this one.

Edit: Hmmm...might email EA/Dice about this issue - see what they say.
Edit2: Very fast response from Battlefield twitter advising me to contact EA.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
UGH. Just got kicked from a server because "3 people reported me camping". Firstly I don't camp, secondly, it's Metro, so maybe these 3 butthurt players/1 server admin got mistaken by me defending the B flag. Anyway, I hate custom servers. I really want to like this game, but there's so many things stopping me.

Let's assume you were camping just for the hell of it - that there were THREE people who "reported" you for doing it is pitiful in its own right. Blessing is disguise getting kicked, I'd say.

gNENH.gif

True, I don't like playing Operation Metro anyway.
I also just got kicked from a totally separate server during an operation firestorm game. All I want to do is play battlefield with my friends -_-. No reason from the admin for this one.

Edit: Hmmm...might email EA/Dice about this issue - see what they say.
Edit2: Very fast response from Battlefield twitter advising me to contact EA.

Post the answer if you get one. Normally the EA support chat works quite well and fast. However I doubt that something can be done against kicking/banning from private servers.

Bailers

Thoughts:

- Is there a way to see ahead of time whether the rules are normal before starting a game? I was just in the best squad deathmatch group I've ever been in and unfortunately it was at like 500% tickets. Game lasted 73minutes...

- Shame on DICE for no official Close Quarters servers.

Agree on the DICE servers :(

Are you looking for something different in settings than what's in the server browser screen? All the settings should be there.
But that happened to me the other day on Gulf of Oman. Over an hour of Rhib boats from the carrier if no helicopters or flags capped. Ugh.

Mahonay

Banned
Played BF3 on 360 all afternoon today with ii Stryker and two other randoms. We got lucky and picked up two totally random guys that were awesome at communicating and fun to play with. We ended playing for about 4 hours I think.

My best game of the day, Conquest on Grand Bazaar. 50 of my kills were with the L86A2 (my new favorite gun). It shows more than 12 on each team since it was a long extra-ticket game and some of the players changed out. I may have died a good deal but I'm proud of this game since we were playing on some random ass German server and I managed to ignore the lag and still put up a big game. The top player on the other team was a German player so he had the connection advantage.

Mahonay - 1
Germany - 0

Mahonmbo.jpg

(For reference, "SG" before my gamertag stands for SeasonedGamers.com. A smaller gaming community I'm a part of.)

Xux

- I like these maps, but it is a bit weird, but I like these maps. Are they really COD-like? I feel like they are too vertical (my last COD was MW2).
They're not very COD-like. Two story maps in COD are pretty rare; I can't even think of one besides Overwatch in MW3 and that map's pretty awful. These maps would be huge by COD standards, too; infinite makes them seem smaller than they are.
I don't see why people complain about camping. If you can't beat a camper, your skills just suck. The only time I had beef with camping was when I played hardcore in Bad Company 2, so many sniping campers and no way to see where they were on the radar. I stopped playing hardcore after that.
Hopefully FPS communities will grow out of complaining about camping someday.
Doubt it.

Mahonay

Banned
Hopefully FPS communities will grow out of complaining about camping someday.
Doubt it.
One can hope.

Hopefully one day this thread will grow out of every other post being another complaint about the game. We all understand BF3 is not perfect. There's a good list of things that need to be addressed, adjusted and fixed. For me personally, it's getting more DICE servers out there to play on.

There just never seems to be any kind of good energy in this thread and that's really sad since Battlfield, to me at least, is such a fun and wonderful thing. This thread should be full of fucking awesome moments. I can't be the only one who feels this way about the game.

Maddocks

I do love me CQ. gun master is pretty insanely easy or insanely stupid sometimes. First match out got 2nd place and 2nd match out won. Nade launcher was my biggest trouble weapon.

all maps are pretty fun only real complaint is probably how everyone and their mothers using c4 on flags, which isnt a big deal as I always had the habit of using my rocket on the flag to clear out c4. but sometimes it doesnt clear them all out and then that one lone c4 goes off by my ear lol

Xux

One can hope.

Hopefully one day this thread will grow out of every other post being another complaint about the game. We all understand BF3 is not perfect. There's a good list of things that need to be addressed, adjusted and fixed. For me personally, it's getting more DICE servers out there to play on.

There just never seems to be any kind of good energy in this thread and that's really sad since Battlfield, to me at least, is such a fun and wonderful thing. This thread should be full of fucking awesome moments. I can't be the only one who feels this way about the game.
Yeah, this game's pretty awesome. It definitely has one of the worst communities that barely even deserves it, though.

well, the BC2 thread had people talking about awesome moments all the time. maybe it's just that this game doesn't have as many battlefield moments?

nah, i think it does. that stuff was just new to most people then :D

now shooting down jets and choppers with tanks, getting amazing killstreaks and general havoc is just basic battlefield :D

well, the BC2 thread had people talking about awesome moments all the time. maybe it's just that this game doesn't have as many battlefield moments?

Does flying with the LittleBird through the tunnel at Damavand Peak count? I think BF3 has a lot of cool movie-esque moments especially when I fly .. mostly luck based stunts but still cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not sure about that. Have a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfWW80dLHkY

That's someone elses grenade. Any projectiles you were having in play disappear on death. Yes, it's fucking stupid because you can fire a rocket at a tank only for it to not hit/disable/kill because you suicide attacked the tank to take it out.

maybe it's just that this game doesn't have as many battlefield moments?

Pretty much. I blame that partially on DICE's decisions. And partially on the shitty maps that aren't "B2K (with the exception of Wake Island which sucks ass in comparison to it's 1942/43 counterpart)."

Overdoziz

Banned
How people can play on servers with more than 100% tickets is beyond me. Playing the same map for an hour or more becomes such a drag.

kiyomi

How people can play on servers with more than 100% tickets is beyond me. Playing the same map for an hour or more becomes such a drag.

Conquest servers with 200% are fine for me, just the right length between 'the other team hit us so hard we had no chance to respond' and 'christ this is dragging out'. Gives everyone time to settle in and all. Rush is different, though, anything above 100% and it feels like the defense has no chance.

1750 ticket Op. Metro 'meatgrinder' servers, I cannot fathom at all. Guessing people are just grinding for unlocks.

I don't have too many BF moments, I can't fly a heli for all the money in the world, lol. I have one defining moment and that's about it, where I was killed by a sniper who was lying prone next to his buddy in the middle of Firestorm. Respawned as a passenger in a heli, leapt out and threw some C4 roughly to where I thought they were, hit detonate and boom, 2 mid air C4 kills. Was amazing.

GenericUser

Honestly, the improvements on input lag to me feel like going from controller to mouse precision. Awesome, I seriously do not know if I wanna buy BO2 or BF Premium now. Awesome game, MUCH better than BC2 in my very very humble opinion.

Btw: whats the general consens on CQ? If there is any.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Honestly, the improvements on input lag to me feel like going from controller to mouse precision. Awesome, I seriously do not know if I wanna buy BO2 or BF Premium now. Awesome game, MUCH better than BC2 in my very very humble opinion.

it's like peanut butter... then a very deadly allergic reaction after

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Some like it, some don't.

Samus4145

How do you report someone on the PS3? Was playing on some CQ server last night with no snipers rule with camping snipers with sniper rifles all over the place. Tried searching for their name on Battlelog but search turned up nothing.

JJD

How do you report someone on the PS3? Was playing on some CQ server last night with no snipers rule with camping snipers with sniper rifles all over the place. Tried searching for their name on Battlelog but search turned up nothing.

I don't think not following server rules are grounds to report someone...

If the server owner didn't do anything what do you expect Dice to do?

Samus4145

I don't think not following server rules are grounds to report someone...

If the server owner didn't do anything what do you expect Dice to do?

Nothing actually. I was hoping for a vote to kick for those currently playing. Asking too much?

Mahonay

Banned
Anyone had luck getting a dice dogtag?
Sadly I have not. Then again I barely go for the knife. Out of about 10,7000 kills I only have about 80 knife kills. I have a Rambo play style that usually does not leave me a lot of opportunities for easy knife kills.

Top Bottom