• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

I'm fed up with this shit, my PS3 freezes everytime I play BF3 mp on it. Is there a way to find out if there are corrupt files on my hdd?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm fed up with this shit, my PS3 freezes everytime I play BF3 mp on it. Is there a way to find out if there are corrupt files on my hdd?

It's the Frostbite engine. It was there in BC1. It was there in 1943. It was there in BC2. It's there on BF3.

Doesn't matter the platform. The game will hardlock on PC/PS3/360.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Do you literally mean "every time" or are your freezes just... often. Because that could be separate issues. If your game freezes every time, then something is definitely wrong, but if you're just getting frequent lock ups... well welcome to BF and Frostbite.

Do you literally mean "every time" or are your freezes just... often. Because that could be separate issues. If your game freezes every time, then something is definitely wrong, but if you're just getting frequent lock ups... well welcome to BF and Frostbite.

Not every match but I get lock ups almost everyday. I play a lot of other games too and it only happens on bf3. The lockups seem to increase with each new patch.

tn2007

Can the rush experts answer this question for me please? Why is it when there are two crates and the least important one goes off, everyone leaves their defensive position to try and disarm the other one? Leaving just one person defending the last crate, while they all die and make that person hopelessly waiting for their turn.

tn2007

My next question is why does everyone have mics but never use them? Only like 4 people use their mics all the time. I feel like I'm playing with randoms and I don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not. Actually I'm probably not doing the right thing and I probably suck but it would help if you guys would tell me that stuff instead of just being quiet. And if you want me to shutup while playing you can tell me that too and I'll shut my mic off. Because I know I bitch alot so don't be afraid to tell me.

lol claymores

lol claymores #2

lol c4

lol c4 #2

a66Ix.png

olimpia84

My next question is why does everyone have mics but never use them? Only like 4 people use their mics all the time. I feel like I'm playing with randoms and I don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not. Actually I'm probably not doing the right thing and I probably suck but it would help if you guys would tell me that stuff instead of just being quiet. And if you want me to shutup while playing you can tell me that too and I'll shut my mic off. Because I know I bitch alot so don't be afraid to tell me.

Unless we're playing against a good team/clan I think there's no need to communicate since we usually win without any issues. Most of us have been playing together for a long time and know our roles quite well, but yeah sometimes it's nice to have some sort of communication.

tn2007

Unless we're playing against a good team/clan I think there's no need to communicate since we usually win without any issues. Most of us have been playing together for a long time and know our roles quite well, but yeah sometimes it's nice to have some sort of communication.

That makes sense. My only problem is that I haven't played with you guys that much and I don't know my role. I feel lost all the time and when I follow some of you guys I don't know what the heck your doing. I'm the type of person that is detail oriented.

yep, i join the game and see if anyone has the mic on. if not, i put mine on mute and we can win it anyways :D voice communication only on really serious games.

Can the rush experts answer this question for me please? Why is it when there are two crates and the least important one goes off, everyone leaves their defensive position to try and disarm the other one? Leaving just one person defending the last crate, while they all die and make that person hopelessly waiting for their turn.

Cause everyone are being stupid.
I wish I have an archive of my past tips/advice, so I can timely quote myself here.

Anyway, wanting to move toward the m-com to disarm is the correct thing to do.
However, people should stop once they see at max 2 people disarming the m-com. At that point, you should just keep your distance and keep watch (especially since m-coms no longer has a timer like bc2). Furthermore, if it's a good 6-7 second and no one has managed to disarm the m-com, it's probably best that you give up on the armed one and focus on the one remains. This is the same in conquest - there is something seriously fucking wrong when your whole team is at one flag with you.

The optimal thing to do is always be at a point where you can keep a good eye on both m-coms. For those that you can't, that's where motion sensors/C4-tactics become extremely important

The behavior of "everyone at one place" is a dumb dumb thing to do since bc2 rush (5-7 UAV multi kills on a mcom = countless hatemails). It's also why I say mortar still has it role in rush. If you find yourself facing a team that crowd themselves around one m-com, a few mortar blasts will help clear them out.

I have my mic on almost all the time.

That being said - since everyone else tend to have their mic off, I personally feel I'm annoying people if I talk too much (should see me in bc2.) Only when the team are doing really really horrible, then I start dishing out commands like c4-ing mcoms, beacon placement etc...and some would listen.

Other than that, I generally keep silent with an aggressive crowd, cause I know they won't listen to me unless I yell. Most of my "advices" are not popular with people anyway (ignore non-priority vehicles, ignore unnecessary fire fights, stop knifing people, etc.) That or I can't give people a big lecture on proper beacon placement ("why are you placing the beacon in the middle of a road?")

That being said ...I was so amazed to see JJD following the tip of putting a t-ugs under kharg defense B one day.
To this day, I still can't approve anyone but Olimpia's beacon placements...

BoatAck

I usually put my mic on mute and listen to what my squad is saying. You and JJD talk a lot and it really does help, even if you think you are bitching. Also, if I don't have my mic on, I can still hear you through the TV, so keep talking.

That makes sense. My only problem is that I haven't played with you guys that much and I don't know my role. I feel lost all the time and when I follow some of you guys I don't know what the heck your doing. I'm the type of person that is detail oriented.

It would be insane to have all of the bc2 vets have their mic on and start telling you what you need to do...

We've mainly just played with one another so much, that we know how to accommodate one another's playstyle and weaknesses. It's easier to develop this kind of..."thing"/"relationship" if you just observe how other plays, find out what they do better and what you do better. From there you can make smarter decisions on what class to play, what perks to run, who to go first in battles, and who to rely on what situations. This in one part goes with why I say "the most obvious class isn't always the best class."

If you know your squad mates are better engineers than you are, then perhaps it's best to run assault/support to compliment them.

If you know your whole squad are vehicle obsessive, then perhaps it's best to be support/recon to set up defensive measures.

Like wise, when evolve drives a tank in bc2, I know 90% of the time he'll die of an AT-mine.

*cough*

yep, i join the game and see if anyone has the mic on. if not, i put mine on mute and we can win it anyways :D voice communication only on really serious games.

EVERYGAME IS SERIOUS! *cough*

No one start out games knowing that it's going to get serious. Then when shit hits the fan, people are usually too enraged/focused to turn their mic on. I just make sure it's always on and mute it if necessary. Then I can just unmute on the fly...

I usually put my mic on mute and listen to what my squad is saying. You and JJD talk a lot and it really does help, even if you think you are bitching. Also, if I don't have my mic on, I can still hear you through the TV, so keep talking.

JJD just needs to use more references in his communication.

XD

"left? whose left? which left?" :) (still love ya bro)

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/07/matches-feature-coming-to-battlefield-3/

“Matches” Feature Coming to Battlefield 3

We’re taking the next step in advancing online competitive play in the Battlefield 3 community. The “Matches” feature will allow players to coordinate competitive multiplayer sessions with their friends and squad members. Battlefield 3 players will be able to select the time, server, game settings, and roster for their Matches creating a controlled and definitive environment for competitive play.

Players will be able to coordinate Matches for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 through the Battlelog. To coordinate a Match a player must be actively renting a dedicated server. Once a dedicated server has been selected the Match host can set the Match name, start time, game mode, team size, and map rotations.

After these preliminary decisions have been made, game settings are determined for the Match. Matches are completely customizable; an extensive list of settings including friendly fire, 3D spotting, squad-leader spawning, kill cam, health regeneration, a list of weapon unlocks that will be made available to players, and more can be set to exact specifications.

With the Match settings in place, players then select the rosters for their teams from their list of friends and platoon members. A team leader for the rival team is assigned who in turn also chooses a roster for the opposing team. With the teams set, the Match is scheduled for creation and players can begin taking their places.

Before the Match begins players may engage in a Warm-up Phase where no kills or points are counted. The Match will stay in this state until all participating players have signaled that they are ready from the pause menu.

After the Match is completed players can review the results on Battlelog. Players can see the number of rounds played, what maps were used, the team that won each round, and other relevant information.

With Matches, Battlefield 3 players will be able to create, control, and track directly competitive online play. Platoons, friends, and rivals will be able to put their teamwork to the test in controlled environments laying claim to definitive superiority and creating new grudges.

Stay tuned for more details including a release date for Matches!

"You have been kicked from the match"

JJD

Pingtest.net

Thanks man!

Dreamgazer said:
JJD just needs to use more references in his communication.

XD

"left? whose left? which left?" :) (still love ya bro)

Haha! Sorry Dream! I often don't know how to communicate directions in the heat of the moment! My english skillz (lol) fail me in the worst times! On some maps (mainly the infantry ones) it's easier since you have more distinguishing points of reference. But on the big ones it can be a nightmare! The words scape me and I end up shutting my mouth frustrated.

I still remember a really though Kharg game where the enemy was always capturing C and B and I tried to give our chopper pilot directions to their beacon but couldn't remember the word chimney! Hahaha...

"Where are they hiding???"

"They're parachuting out of that big vertical thing behind the big warehouse on C! That thing that pops out smoke! I can't remember the name!!! Arrrrgh!!!"

Soooo embarassing... :)

I'm also playing a lot more recon, and I always plant a sensor near one of the objectives. Depending on the map and on of the objective I prefer to not use a spawn beacon either defending but mainly attacking, and I certainly don't leave then out in the open.

A few days ago I was playing rush with a gaffer and two randoms, and one of the randoms would always plant a beacon in the middle of the field on the first set of Metro, making it impossible to us to spawn directly on him when he was close to the objectives or arming then. I had to ask him to stop. He wasn't a bad player, he just made some bad decisions without thinking first.

And it's amazing how many people forget about sensors when playing TDM, free points people!

Because people have had it drilled into their heads for years that staying in one general area for more than 20 seconds is "camping" and that they should instead be sprinting around at all times, covering every square inch of the map every four minutes.

Because they doesnt want to fight back for the crate and prefer run for their camping spot to defend the most secure crate. It was designed that way to give a little advantage for the offensive team. I usually stay in the middle of the crates with my squad giving spotting enemies with the MAV.

UFRA

My problem is that when I'm playing it's usually late at night, and I live in an apartment, so rather than turning the stereo volume down and losing the ability to hear surrounding noises but having a mic....instead I wear headphones and can crank up the volume, at the expense of the mic.

I always keep voice chat on though, and if someone has a request for me I'll still be able to hear it and help out. Like when Dream is wondering why no one spawns on him I'll spawn on him, etc. ;P lol

TheSeks

My problem is that when I'm playing it's usually late at night, and I live in an apartment, so rather than turning the stereo volume down and losing the ability to hear surrounding noises but having a mic....instead I wear headphones and can crank up the volume, at the expense of the mic.

You do know you can get a mic with headphones, right? There's Espot level ones that Pro players use.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What does XP matter in BF3 after unlocking everything?

Nothing really. It'd be nice if you could spend XP to unlock attachments you want, instead of having to slog through their annoyingly obtuse progression.

Jas

Good games tonight JJD, Hunting, and Dan! Same as usual...nothing but wins :)

Felt good to be back even if I couldn't aim to save my life, haha.

UFRA

Nothing really. It'd be nice if you could spend XP to unlock attachments you want, instead of having to slog through their annoyingly obtuse progression.

READ THIS POST DICE, READ IT.

Oh, but that would be a logical decision. Instead, we watch a bar fill up to 230,000 and a single number by our rank increase. SO FUN.

But we have to jump through super specific hoops to unlock certain guns. Dumb.

/bitching because the truth is I just want the SG553 but I don't want to play a million hours of co op to get it... :(

JJD

READ THIS POST DICE, READ IT.

Oh, but that would be a logical decision. Instead, we watch a bar fill up to 230,000 and a single number by our rank increase. SO FUN.

But we have to jump through super specific hoops to unlock certain guns. Dumb.

/bitching because the truth is I just want the SG553 but I don't want to play a million hours of co op to get it... :(

Getting the co op guns is not that time consuming. I'll help you.

The SG553 is not that good though...

TheSeks

SG553 is a beast. Just do the co-op man.

JJD said:
The SG553 is not that good though...

Except it is. You're completely wrong on it. Point in a general direction hold trigger down. Dead men abound. Probably one of the most fun carbines that isn't my BFF AKS-74U in the game.

domstah

Managed to one star all the classes before I hit Colonel. Ziba Tower domination is a points beast as an aggressive recon, so many ribbons.

Ziba is definitely the best of the CQ maps, but I am having a hard time liking Scrapmetal.

Two more assignments and then I've beaten BF3 ... Kinda.

JJD

Except it is. You're completely wrong on it. Point in a general direction hold trigger down. Dead men abound. Probably one of the most fun carbines that isn't my BFF AKS-74U in the game.

Now that you mention it, I never thought of using the SG that way! :p

Seriously though, it's just my opinion.

It's not the best carbine at close range (low rate of fire), it's not the best carbine mid range (low bullet velocity and ROF) and it's not the best carbine at long range too (all other factors conbined).

It performs adequately and is usable (as most BF3 guns are), but there's better carbines at each specific role. So the SG553 is a good all arounder right? Well yeah, except the M4A1 is better than it in pretty much everything, and is the best all around carbine in the game.

So why would you use the SG as an all around carbine instead of the clearly superior M4? Only because of personal preference, because the stats don't back you up.

47lVQ.png

The SG takes more time to kill an opponent at any range considered. If you engage an enemy 1 on 1 and you both start shooting at the same time the guy with the M4 is going to drop you every single time.

I'll give you one thing though, the SG has one of the better iron sights in the game, but really who cares? There's no reason not to use optic sights except for bragging rights.

I won't say you're completely wrong because in the end subjective opinion is the only thing determining which weapon each of us should use. So if you think the gun is fun, just use it.

But if you're trying to get every little advantage in the battlefield there's really no motive to use the SG. There's a reason why you don't see it being widely used, as opposed to the 93R for example which is also a co op weapon and widely utilized.

So I'll stand by what I said, the SG553 is just not that good.

PandaL

What do you mean, you people?

Lol, welcome to the forums
Hey, thanks bro. :)

Edit :

Now that you mention it, I never thought of using the SG that way! :p

Seriously though, it's just my opinion.

It's not the best carbine at close range (low rate of fire), it's not the best carbine mid range (low bullet velocity and ROF) and it's not the best carbine at long range too (all other factors conbined).

It performs adequately and is usable (as most BF3 guns are), but there's better carbines at each specific role. So the SG553 is a good all arounder right? Well yeah, except the M4A1 is better than it in pretty much everything, and is the best all around carbine in the game.

So why would you use the SG as an all around carbine instead of the clearly superior M4? Only because of personal preference, because the stats don't back you up.

47lVQ.png

The SG takes more time to kill an opponent at any range considered. If you engage an enemy 1 on 1 and you both start shooting at the same time the guy with the M4 is going to drop you every single time.

I'll give you one thing though, the SG has one of the better iron sights in the game, but really who cares? There's no reason not to use optic sights except for bragging rights.

I won't say you're completely wrong because in the end subjective opinion is the only thing determining which weapon each of us should use. So if you think the gun is fun, just use it.

But if you're trying to get every little advantage in the battlefield there's really no motive to use the SG. There's a reason why you don't see it being widely used, as opposed to the 93R for example which is also a co op weapon and widely utilized.

So I'll stand by what I said, the SG553 is just not that good.
Whoa, I always wondered why I die easily everytime I use the SG553. Oh man M4 is a beast weapon.

JJD

Hey, thanks bro. :)

Edit :

Whoa, I always wondered why I die easily everytime I use the SG553. Oh man M4 is a beast weapon.

It's not like the SG is a peashooter. It's just that the M4 plays the same role as the SG and it is slightly more well balanced. Sometimes that can make a difference. But you can do pretty well with the 553 too.

Frankly the engineer guns are not really well balanced IMO. The more I play the game the less I see reason to pick another gun besides the M4.

The assault class in contrast have some really good balanced guns.

The M16A4 is the best assault weapon all around.

But the AEK-971 is considerably better at close range, but weaker at mid to long.

And finally the new Scar-L is a beast at long range but underperforms at close.

Depending on the map I'll switch between those three weapons when playing assault.

Unfortunately I don't think the engineer guns are that well balanced so lately I've mainly used the M4.

If I were to give you advice I would say pick your 2 favorite weapons for each class ( 1 for close and 1 for mid/long range) and master then.

Don't try to be a jack of all trades.

I used to play with all weapons, picking a different one every now and then. But since I started using the same ones I have began to play better and my accuracy, SPM and K/D improved.

olimpia84

Why did you guys quit?? My connection dropped in the results screen but I was going to rejoin for that Kharg Island game ;(

It was one of my most fun BF nights ever.
First, a whopping 12 vs 6 disadvantage win against two clans with freaking level 100s everywhere...12 on fucking 6!! (for 80% of the match at least)
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53935108/4/241598288/

Second, Kharg Island ass kicking
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53936259/4/241598288/

Third, impossible comeback on Damavand Peak
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53938241/4/241598288/

Fourth, one of the hardest Op Metro rounds I've played ever. Even though we won by a lot of tickets we had to bust our asses off to keep them away from Charlie. Man, it was so annoying but somehow we did it
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53940255/4/241598288/

Fifth, one of the most annoying rounds in BF ever. They had all the damn choppers and were annoying the crap out of us.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53941385/4/241598288/

Man what a fun night, that clan kept us focused for the entire duration of all the rounds but it goes to show that when GAF plays together and puts effort it's hard to stop us.

JJD

Why did you guys quit?? My connection dropped in the results screen but I was going to rejoin for that Kharg Island game ;(

It was one of my most fun BF nights ever.
First, a whopping 12 vs 6 disadvantage win against two clans with freaking level 100s everywhere...12 on fucking 6!! (for 80% of the match at least)
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53935108/4/241598288/

Second, Kharg Island ass kicking
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53936259/4/241598288/

Third, impossible comeback on Damavand Peak
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53938241/4/241598288/

Fourth, one of the hardest Op Metro rounds I've played ever. Even though we won by a lot of tickets we had to bust our asses off to keep them away from Charlie. Man, it was so annoying but somehow we did it
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53940255/4/241598288/

Fifth, one of the most annoying rounds in BF ever. They had all the damn choppers and were annoying the crap out of us.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53941385/4/241598288/

Man what a fun night, that clan kept us focused for the entire duration of all the rounds but it goes to show that when GAF plays together and puts effort it's hard to stop us.

We thought you had left, and some randoms on our team left as well. Their team stayed stacked with the 6 clan guys and some randoms so THN left and Dawn and I followed.

One of the most amazing BF nights I've ever had.

That Bazaar and the D. Peak game were we managed an amazing comeback after getting almost spawn camped a couple times are going to the history books.

I'm bookmarking then on my battlelog! :)

Top Bottom