• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

rvy

Banned
I always end up with the dumbasses on my team, we're playing Rush and they act like it's TDM.
DICE servers are nice to play on, albeit too scarce. One server for vanilla users isn't very nice on their part.

JJD

I always end up with the dumbasses on my team, we're playing Rush and they act like it's TDM.
DICE servers are nice to play on, albeit too scarce. One server for vanilla users isn't very nice on their part.

Haha, played 2 endurace conquest games on Metro. We won the first one by luck and because I kept bitching to my squad mates to help me watch backstairs. In the end we couldn't hold bravo because the rest of the team didn't hear my advice, but thankfully we had a good advantage and managed to bleed the other team even with only one flag.

The second game was a fucking disaster. Almost everyone left and new people joined. My team was a bunch of noobs. I captured C, the flag closest to the enemy spawn probably about 20 times. Put a beacon on the back pretty well hidden and no one spawned on it even when the enemy had C and locked us out of B.

The few times when we managed to capture B the stupid randoms kept pushing to cap C and got decimated, and then the enemy would swarm B en masse. I kept camping (I know you hate it, sorry!) on the ticket booth to kept enemies from going up backstairs and capture A while mine team of smurfs kept pushing towards C instead of defending B...

Somewhere around the middle of the game we still had an advantage of about 200 tickets, mainly because we had the player advantage on the beginning, but as the teams got even I knew we were going to lose because our team kept pushing instead of defending...

Stupid teammates, we could have won...the enemy had the better players but it's not that hard to lock a team on either side of bravo if you know what you're doing...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Connections still crap. FFS fix this shit DICE ISP. :|

rvy

Banned
Played a few matches with friends on my squad. It's better, but we were getting slaughtered on the DICE server.
They should add the option to disable killcam, it just shows the poor collision detection and bugs that this game has.
Some maps still feel way too big for 24 players. Should have either toned down their size even more than the PC counterparts or make the player count higher, it feels like a waste with 24 players.
Suppressive fire is bull. It works in GR: FS, because only LMGs can do it, but every gun in this game has suppressive abilities. I'm getting shot at by snipers and can't see their positions because everything is a blur.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Played a few matches with friends on my squad. It's better, but we were getting slaughtered on the DICE server.
They should add the option to disable killcam, it just shows the poor collision detections and bugs that this game has.
Some maps still feel way too big for 24 players. Should have either toned down their size even more than the PC counterparts or make the player count higher, it feels like a waste with 24 players.
Suppressive fire is bull. It works in GR: FS, because only LMGs can do it, but every gun in this game has suppressive abilities. I'm getting shot at by snipers and can't see their positions because everything is a blur.

What are you talking about?

rvy

Banned
What are you talking about?

Body parts and weapons going through map geometry. That sort of thing. Watching half of a dude's body go through the building behind him or the floor is pretty ridiculous.
Could just switch the killcam to 1st person too.

Maybe this isn't a collision detection issue? I don't know.

Evolved1

Body parts and weapons going through map geometry. That sort of thing. Watching half of a dude's body go through the building behind him or the floor is pretty ridiculous.
Could just switch the killcam to 1st person too.

Eh... yeah, prone players can clip half their body, the waist down, through most geometry. It's annoying sometimes, but not a huge issue. Only comes up now and then. And it's always fun to repair torch a guy's feet that are sticking out and then tea-bag him on the killcam while he's wondering what just happened (
this is the only time I sanction the tea bag
).

The only time I'm bothered by it is when snipers are prone on uneven surfaces, like rocks... something about that is messed up. They are pointed basically into the air at almost 45° but from their view they are looking down... basically they have a clear shot and everything looks normal to them, but from my perspective they are looking up into the air and obscured by the rocks. As far as I can tell.

It's weird. But rare.

rvy

Banned
Eh... yeah, prone players can clip half their body, the waist down, through most geometry. It's annoying sometimes, but not a huge issue. Only comes up now and then. And it's always fun to repair torch a guy's feet that are sticking out and then tea-bag him on the killcam while he's wondering what just happened (
this is the only time I sanction the tea bag
).

The only time I'm bothered by it is when snipers are prone on uneven surfaces, like rocks... something about that is messed up. They are pointed basically into the air at almost 45° but from their view they are looking down... basically they have a clear shot and everything looks normal to them, but from my perspective they are looking up into the air and obscured by the rocks. As far as I can tell.

It's weird. But rare.
It's pretty negligible. I just wish I had the option to switch killcam off or change it to 1st person so I wouldn't have to see clipping.

May end up buying Premium, bunch of content for 4.000 Space bucks and Close Quarters looks like a nice fit for CoD players like me.

TheSeks

Clipping's only a problem with prone and in walled-in/can't see the clipping areas like the rocks of Damavand Peak second set. Otherwise you can kill clippers by hitting their body like Evolved says.

Clipping in Bazaar first set B is pure bullshit though.
But I do it because if I don't, someone else will.

JJD

Clipping in Bazaar first set B is pure bullshit though.
But I do it because if I don't, someone else will.

You mean when people get behind some crates inside the kitchen on Bazaar B and there's no way to shoot then?

It's possible to do the same thing on B Kharg inside the right warehouse when you're facing the URSS spawn, on the right side.

It's annoying, but I rarely see someone doing it.

TheSeks

You mean when people get behind some crates inside the kitchen on Bazaar B and there's no way to shoot then?

It's possible to do the same thing on B Kharg inside the right warehouse when you're facing the URSS spawn, on the right side.

It's annoying, but I rarely see someone doing it.

What kitchen? I'm talking the OPENING set. Defense: B. Climb the crate near the crate, prone on the left-hand-side (facing the back-door of attackers instead of the main "road") and you'll see people coming in and can catch people coming from the main road that can't see you proneing that area. It's completely broken and if people don't camp there B would be possible to take
just like Seine first set B
with a good force. But the prone-clip breaks the game there.

OH YOU'RE TALKING LAST SET for Kharg. Yeah, I've seen that before you but you can C4 the outer wall (as in the "building" wall itself) and then check a grenade in there to flush them out. That TDM on Norshal you joined me in yesterday had someone clip in the crate area that I didn't see before but it's good because it catches people off guard until someone like me takes three attempts to take them out.

And a potted plant on that one tower in the air Close Shitters map also has a prone-clip area where people can't catch you and you can stealth kill them if they don't notice.

PandaL

yeah......I had to shoot down the mav the was in our dpeak base like 3-4 times......annoying as heck.

Nice game guys.
Sorry that I didn't switch side on the seine game. Didn't realize you guys were outnumbered till the scoreboard popped up.

20 more m-com defender pins to go...

------------
Welcome to BF3-PS3-GAF, HCG.
Thanks bro !

Oh wow. I once got banned for destroying a helicopter that was spawn killing my team mates.

/quality BF3 stories... hah
During the MASS/DART glitch, myself & my friend were playing CQ in Grand Baazar. We found a guy in the other team using MASS and his KDR was like 25/4. So in order to scare him, we both sent him a msg "we're the admin, don't glitch or get banned" even though we were Not the admins. We didn't get any reply.

And in a couple minutes we both got banned from that server. And we both received reply saying "guess who the real admin is?".

Edit:

Whiskey company Battlefield 3 Artwork -> http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/w5ld9/whiskey_company_battlefield_3_gallery_inside/

Just found out that since premium members get double xp right now, they have a much better chance of getting mvp. Your base points in the game get doubled and whoever has the highest points off of that, gets mvp. So if it shows me, being a premium member, having the second highest points in the game and the guy who has the most points in the game isnt a premium member, i get mvp over him. Even though, in game, it says different. He may not even get mvp 2 or 3. I would call that very dumb. So I got mvp almost every game I played tonight even though I didn't have the most points in game. It's only because my points were doubled for being a premium member.

JJD

Thanks bro !

During the MASS/DART glitch, myself & my friend were playing CQ in Grand Baazar. We found a guy in the other team using MASS and his KDR was like 25/4. So in order to scare him, we both sent him a msg "we're the admin, don't glitch or get banned" even though we were Not the admins. We didn't get any reply.

And in a couple minutes we both got banned from that server. And we both received reply saying "guess who the real admin is?".

Edit:

Whiskey company Battlefield 3 Artwork -> http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/w5ld9/whiskey_company_battlefield_3_gallery_inside/

Hahahahahahahaha!

That's hilarious man!

vixlar

Just found out that since premium members get double xp right now, they have a much better chance of getting mvp. Your base points in the game get doubled and whoever has the highest points off of that, gets mvp. So if it shows me, being a premium member, having the second highest points in the game and the guy who has the most points in the game isnt a premium member, i get mvp over him. Even though, in game, it says different. He may not even get mvp 2 or 3. I would call that very dumb. So I got mvp almost every game I played tonight even though I didn't have the most points in game. It's only because my points were doubled for being a premium member.

Actually, you get the points in the round scorex 1. When they give you xp points they are x2. Check it. If you play 100% of time as medic, and you get 1200 points in the score table, when you check kit points gained, you have 2400 xp points.

Good games this weekend, the match in Damavand that Faceless mentioned was really epic! And I don't understand the whining about admins and servers with gazillions of tickets. It's extremely easy to write in the manual search the magic numbers of 100 or 200 and you will found a decent share of this servers. And about the childish admins, yeah, some people are assholes, but you have to stick to the decent servers (favorite button is your friend). I don't consider myself a bad BF player, I have my share of killstreaks and I've been banned around 2-3 times in near to 200 hours of playtime. Maybe I've been lucky.

But ironically, just last night I was playing in a Rush server with some gaffers, our team was horrible, we usually lose the defending rounds and when we attacked we won some rounds but it was very hard. Then defending in Damavand in the last MCOM, we stole their tank and kick their ass (probably first round in 2 hours that they didn't steamroll us attacking) and then next round the admin kick us.. asshole -_-

Seance

Banned
"The connection with EA Online was lost"

Gaf you are my last hope, please help.
On PS3 BTW

Happens man. When it does you know it's not just you, usually the entire server is dumped.
I don't think there is anything to be done about it, just gotta weather the storm
hold me :(

JJD

Happens man. When it does you know it's not just you, usually the entire server is dumped.
I don't think there is anything to be done about it, just gotta weather the storm
hold me :(

It happens to me quite often and everyone else stays playing the game fine...

The issue probably is on his end, as it is with mine.

Dr Prob

Banned
What's up with getting the incorrect MVP ribbons? I've been first a buch of times and got nothing, 2nd or 3rd.

Even though it's just a ribbon, still lame.

In other news: Found the greatest server on the 360: "24/7 Gulf CQ 200%"! Normally can't stand playing on the same map for any extended period of time, but Oman is the best. It's like a giant playground filled with people doing silly shit.

BoatAck

I was wondering why I was getting MVP ribbons when I was third or fourth in scoring. I also joined a game when it was on the scoreboard screen and received the MBT service star when I didn't even participate in the round.

Evolved1

Why doesn't this game have an Uzi? Or at least the 09A-91 aka "Thumper".

And no M24 or VSS!?

smh...

Evolved1

What is the highest magnification you can go on a rifle scope without lens glare?

CQDM server description says "no rules"

*uses C4 on flags*

win.

next game, admin sends PM.. "no C4"

i don't blame the admin, i blame DICE

Knife the admin? Banned, along with everyone in your squad!

Rules: "No Shotguns". Admin using shotgun. Kill him, take his kit, shoot someone with it. Banned.

Kill the admin in a legit gun fight? Kicked, get sent rage mail.

Win a dogfight with the admin? Kicked, get sent rage private chat request.

I came back, bought Premium...for this? :/

After spending more of this last week trying to get into a server for longer than a round with my buddies than actually playing with them, I think I'm going to see if I can get my Premium status revoked and my spacebucks back.

rvy

Banned

Rules: "No Shotguns". Admin using shotgun. Kill him, take his kit, shoot someone with it. Banned.

After spending more of this last week trying to get into a server for longer than a round with my buddies than actually playing with them, I think I'm going to see if I can get my Premium status revoked and my spacebucks back.

You can always play in DICE servers.

"Don't like my rules? GET YA OWN SERVERS!"

My favorite booster, still going at it:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/53942945/4/308060887/

Seriously Dice? when will you ban his freaking ass.

You can always play in DICE servers.

I have never seen them have enough open slots to get a full squad in. At least not when we're on playing.

"Don't like my rules? GET YA OWN SERVERS!"

I'd be fine if they were consistent. The amount of times I've seen the admin's team doing things against the posted rules and blatantly getting away with it is probably the most tiring part of the whole thing.

Top Bottom