• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

How do you do that, btw? Do I need to send invites from the game's menu to people on my friends list. Does the game put you in the same squad if you're in the same live party?

On the menu, press start to bring up your friends list. Send them invites via that. When they accept, they'll be in your squad. Then join a server with enough slots open.

Then proceed to do some sort of voodoo dance while praying to every deity you can think of and hope that you all end up on the same team.

rvy

Banned
On the menu, press start to bring up your friends list. Send them invites via that. When they accept, they'll be in your squad. Then join a server with enough slots open.

Then proceed to do some sort of voodoo dance while praying to every deity you can think of and hope that you all end up on the same team.

KuGsj.gif

Will do, thanks.

Christ the game is just locking up my ps3 at the end of every match today! Anyone else havin this problem?

EDIT: nevermind…seems like the first 3 games I played with GAF today locked up on win, stopped doing that after those 3 rounds.

If you join a game via the in-game Friends list, you will be put on their team regardless if it unbalances the teams. It's often easier to quit out and do that when you get separated.

who did we obliterate?

GAF vs. GAF is best games.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54371059/4/217723068/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54382469/4/217723068/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54381064/4/217723068/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54379168/4/217723068/

19 more m-com defender pin to go.
Hard to get unless I'm on a really bad team...
*Refuse to purposely allow enemies to get near m-com for the ribbon*

Olimpia will have the medal before I do *sad*

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
lol... fun night guys. last game we were RU on canals... and had all three choppers. haha

totally trolling them, but it was too funny not to.

UFRA

lol... fun night guys. last game we were RU on canals... and had all three choppers. haha

totally trolling them, but it was too funny not to.

lol yeah that was pretty harsh of us, but we've all been on the receiving end of that at some point. Everyone gets their turn!

Dream, I need some ammo.

*ignores*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was running recon on metro and thinking to myself "man this doesn't feel right, why am I not getting as much kills as I use to? (was getting 1:1K/D). Then I saw that I was running the P90 instead the PP-19....switched over and bam double/triple kills return.

I'm probably one of the few (if any) people who prefer the PP-19 over the P90...

Which...doesn't make any sense to me. It's been a known fact that the PP19 is in every way inferior to the P90:

http://symthic.com/comparison.php?wep1=PP-19&attc1=None&wep2=P90&attc2=Heavy+Barrel

The gun has higher vertical recoil, mush shorter drop off distance, a lower first shot multiplier, and a lower muzzle velocity. It boggles my mind why I do better with the PP19.

Now you know what I mean when I say "use your kit items," eh?
Except Bkak was just trolling me, I threw 3-4 ammo kits at his face.
So next time I won't give him any.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PP-19 is pure trash. I really dislike that gun. Too short a clip, and too little damage for too short a clip.

Went back to the MP7 and finished it's unlocks. Other than the magazine-size it's still solid. UMP changes from BC2 has left me mixed. It's good, but I really dislike the UMP this outing. I've gotten it's unlocks so I'm done with it.

PP-19 is pure trash. I really dislike that gun. Too short a clip, and too little damage for too short a clip.

Went back to the MP7 and finished it's unlocks. Other than the magazine-size it's still solid. UMP changes from BC2 has left me mixed. It's good, but I really dislike the UMP this outing. I've gotten it's unlocks so I'm done with it.

The PP-19 has 55 rounds per clip. What cha talking about? You want 100?

I don't like to hipfire, so the mp7 really isn't my thing.

UMP in beta was okay. It's way too weak now. I got my 500 kills, so I'll never going back to that thing.

TheSeks

The PP-19 has 55 rounds per clip. What cha talking about? You want 100?

I don't like to hipfire, so the mp7 really isn't my thing.

I don't hip-fire the MP7. I ADS in close-quarters and it will generally mow people down. Highly mobile.

The PP-19 may have 55 in the clip, but what good is that when it's ADS speed is slow, it's damage is low, and it loses 9/10 gun battles because other guns do better damage?

I like the narrow iron-sights of it and the idea behind it, but it's just a terrible over-all gun all around and I refuse to touch it on the principal that it should be better than it is.

And I still prefer the P90 over all these, but that's because I abused and used the P90 in CoD4 and it's still my favorite PDW due to the iconic design of it.

Kak.efes

I was delirious. If you'll recall, you saved me with a handgun when I otherwise would have died.

Also, I feel like I somehow let you down in the chopper. You requested a pickup, and I thought to myself, "Dream is requesting a pickup? Aww yeah, time to show off some aerial acrobatics to really impress this guy". I then promptly crashed into a bunch of containers. Hopefully that didn't put you off vehicles for good.

8]

EYEL1NER

I'm so pumped. Have had this game since launch and put some time into it (not 'serious' time like some of you though) and my main thing I have wanted to do is get good with jets. After all this time, I am within 50 points of leveling the jets to lvl 1 and getting heat seekers.
I'm just do terrible with the game. My main problem was that people got really good really fast. And since I play with randoms, I would somehow always get stuck on the team that was getting dominated in CQ. My buddy that would trade off on the sticks with me would do pretty good though (except for complaining about using a controller and not a KB/M).

Tonight I just have been getting lucky. Shot down some dumb chopper that had two people in it for the first points into the class and was ecstatic. It was good that I've been getting lucky as far as teams go tonight.
Just a bit more though and I'll have some missiles.

olimpia84

*ignores*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was running recon on metro and thinking to myself "man this doesn't feel right, why am I not getting as much kills as I use to? (was getting 1:1K/D). Then I saw that I was running the P90 instead the PP-19....switched over and bam double/triple kills return.

I'm probably one of the few (if any) people who prefer the PP-19 over the P90...

Which...doesn't make any sense to me. It's been a known fact that the PP19 is in every way inferior to the P90:

http://symthic.com/comparison.php?wep1=PP-19&attc1=None&wep2=P90&attc2=Heavy+Barrel

The gun has higher vertical recoil, mush shorter drop off distance, a lower first shot multiplier, and a lower muzzle velocity. It boggles my mind why I do better with the PP19.

Check my weapon stats ;)

Evolved1

I dislike both the PP-19 and P90. :)
AS VAL all day, every day. A powerful, accurate gun, with a high RoF and is silenced.

I'm forcing myself to use the VAL with all classes but support (because lately I've been having a ton of fun rolling with LMG + Bipod) and I'm somewhat mixed on the rifle. It's good, but feels a little weird to me in a way that's hard to describe.

However, once I have extended mag, I think it's going to push it over the awesome threshold. They hold that unlock till the very end, so I doubt most people will grind it out and be able to get a feel for it. I have a feeling it might even be OP!

MP7 is still my favorite BF3 weapon. And I ADS with it or hipfire. Deadly either way.

Evolved1

I think it's pretty annoying the game doesn't save your camo for US/RU... why can;t I have different camo for my dudes?

US Assault guy looks retarded in the navy blues...

I don't hip-fire the MP7. I ADS in close-quarters and it will generally mow people down. Highly mobile.

The PP-19 may have 55 in the clip, but what good is that when it's ADS speed is slow, it's damage is low, and it loses 9/10 gun battles because other guns do better damage?

I like the narrow iron-sights of it and the idea behind it, but it's just a terrible over-all gun all around and I refuse to touch it on the principal that it should be better than it is.

And I still prefer the P90 over all these, but that's because I abused and used the P90 in CoD4 and it's still my favorite PDW due to the iconic design of it.

1) PP-19's ADS stats are exactly the same as the P90.
2) MP7 has only 21 rounds per clips, with a much lower min damage drop off. If I'm playing Close Quarters maps...then maybe. In general though, it's not really suited for my close - medium range play style. Not to mention it's also not that useful in the 1 vs many situations I often find myself in.

I was delirious. If you'll recall, you saved me with a handgun when I otherwise would have died.

Also, I feel like I somehow let you down in the chopper. You requested a pickup, and I thought to myself, "Dream is requesting a pickup? Aww yeah, time to show off some aerial acrobatics to really impress this guy". I then promptly crashed into a bunch of containers. Hopefully that didn't put you off vehicles for good.

I was just running around with the handgun (M1911 FOREVER) cause I had nothing left.
I was running around being super aggressive hoping that someone would kill me so I can change to support....but noooo. My 3 deaths in that round were all suicides. In one instance I even ran straight into the face of a recon hoping he'll kill me......and then the out of bound timer killed me before he did (really dude?)

As for the chopper...it was actually evolved requesting for the pickup.
However, he was so far away (at D, while you're at A) and asked for you to pick him up on the "main road". I knew instantly that he was goingn't to make it and you're going to mistake me for him...so I climbed on board.

As for the crash, it happens. I even joked to evolved afterward that I probably jinxed you by climbing on board. :p

Nori Chan

New camo assignments for Premium members... For the same guns.

Kinda mad but whatever.

I used to love the pp19 then I think they nerfed it and it was never the same again :(

Omni

New camo assignments for Premium members... For the same guns.

Kinda mad but whatever.

I used to love the pp19 then I think they nerfed it and it was never the same again :(

What? Really? I haven't been on in a few days. So no new weapons have got camo?

eh

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm forcing myself to use the VAL with all classes but support (because lately I've been having a ton of fun rolling with LMG + Bipod) and I'm somewhat mixed on the rifle. It's good, but feels a little weird to me in a way that's hard to describe.

However, once I have extended mag, I think it's going to push it over the awesome threshold. They hold that unlock till the very end, so I doubt most people will grind it out and be able to get a feel for it. I have a feeling it might even be OP!

MP7 is still my favorite BF3 weapon. And I ADS with it or hipfire. Deadly either way.
The AS VAL was incredibly powerful before the latest patch. And that was without extended mags. Got about 1400 kills with it. Didn't use it after the patch until recently and I'm in love with it again.

Weapon Camos:
Assault:
100 kill with F2000 (easy)
50 squad revive (easy)
25 M26 Mass kill (easy but mehhhhhh)

Engineer:
100 kill with SCAR-H (easy)
20 M15 AT mines kill on vehicles (I average like 1 At-mine kill every 4-5 games now....Wake conquest = at-mine heaven.)
Destroy 5 air vehicle with AT launcher (easy but time consuming, will mav count?)

Support:
100 kill with PKP pecheneg (easy)
Destroy 25 vehicles with C4 (easy)
25 claymore kill (easy but meh)

Recon:
100 kill with L96 (!@#$%#!@#$&)
50 MAV spot assist (pff, get that done in one round)
350m headshot with L96 (....)

Last assignment for soldier camo:

500 kill on all kits/classes - Assault/engineer/support/recon

Xux

Same weapons WTF. The weapons were already pretty arbitrary choices especially since popularity's directly influenced by balance changes. Pretty insignificant but still kinda baffling.

Not even gonna bother with the assignments this time around. I have used the F2000 and PKP way too much. I can't stand the scar anymore since they nerfed the clip size and sniping is incredibly boring. If I even try to use a sniper, I find myself using my pistol more than the sniper. I wonder when games are going to get past "get X amount of kills with a certain weapon."

TheSeks

L96's become my go-to rifle when I'm sniping. Such a good gun. I may do that one even if getting 100 kills with it will take forever and I'd have to play sniper dick AGAIN to do it.

L96 my fav sniper anyways!

Oh and what's the at mine heaven on wake? I'll definitely need it.

Wake Island = DPV/land vehicle at every flag + tons of little hills/slopes.

Placing tank mines on slopes/taking advantage of the viewing angle = netting a bunch of at-kills on speedy DPVs.

--------------------
I can't ever find myself giving up the objective for an assignment.
The very idea of it just kills my soul.

50 L96 kills was painful enough, 100 can go screw it self.

JJD

Weapon Camos:
Assault:
100 kill with F2000 (easy)
50 squad revive (easy)
25 M26 Mass kill (easy but mehhhhhh)

Engineer:
100 kill with SCAR-H (easy)
20 M15 AT mines kill on vehicles (I average like 1 At-mine kill every 4-5 games now....Wake conquest = at-mine heaven.)
Destroy 5 air vehicle with AT launcher (easy but time consuming, will mav count?)

Support:
100 kill with PKP pecheneg (easy)
Destroy 25 vehicles with C4 (easy)
25 claymore kill (easy but meh)

Recon:
100 kill with L96 (!@#$%#!@#$&)
50 MAV spot assist (pff, get that done in one round)
350m headshot with L96 (....)

Last assignment for soldier camo:

500 kill on all kits/classes - Assault/engineer/support/recon

Is this related to the soldier upgrade being released?

Top Bottom