• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

i saw the funniest EOD Bot kill/trap ever yesterday!

A flag on Donya Fortress CQDM

some people went up to cap it, and as many people do, they turn and face the entrance/steps...

someone had an EOD Bot hidden behind the A flag on the balcony and he just rolled it up from behind and killed someone while we were attacking them from the steps

venom2124

I'm a bit confused. Are these new assignments for new camos on the same 4 guns that already received camo? If so, it's strange that dice didn't choose a set of 4 new weapons.

olimpia84

That 350m headshot assignment is insane. My largest distance is 241m and it felt like an impossible shot because it was so far away from the target...I was even using a 12x scope. I don't know if I'll ever get that camo

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Longest Headshot 551 m

Boom

Longest Headshot 281 m

:(

I guess I need to move WAAAAAY back, but with the smaller tracers and the fact the tracer "disappears" when you unscope (something I do in BC2 to chamber the next round) I can't gauge long distance targets anymore. :(

UFRA

Tell me if this has already been brought up...

So I unlock the ACW-R today (it's ok, not really blowing my mind or anything) and something really felt weird about it.

Then it hit me.

When I fire this gun, there's no vibration simulating the recoil on my controller (PS3 version). I thought maybe I had another infamous DICE glitch, so I switched back to my trusty UMP. Hmm, it has vibration just fine. WTF?

Either the vibration is so small I can't detect it, or there's a glitch with this weapon. Either way, I feel weird using it, and I don't like it.

So I unlock the ACW-R today (it's ok, not really blowing my mind or anything) and something really felt weird about it.

Then it hit me.

When I fire this gun, there's no vibration simulating the recoil on my controller (PS3 version). I thought maybe I had another infamous DICE glitch, so I switched back to my trusty UMP. Hmm, it has vibration just fine. WTF?

Either the vibration is so small I can't detect it, or there's a glitch with this weapon. Either way, I feel weird using it, and I don't like it.

known glitch

Same weapons WTF. The weapons were already pretty arbitrary choices especially since popularity's directly influenced by balance changes. Pretty insignificant but still kinda baffling.

yeah why do they want EVERYONE playing with these particular weapons? 5 million kills with the L96, Pecheneg and F2000 ensures you'll never see any other gun in the field :E Should have been 135m headshot and kills with any rifle.

olimpia84

Got a roadkill with a jet on Wake Island lol. I was diving to disable an Amtrac then veered to the left and started pulling up but I wasn't quick enough so the belly of my jet touched the ground where a sniper was. The funny thing is that my jet bounced from the ground and I was able to fly away unharmed :D

JJD

Ha, that's hilarious. It reminds me of when the repair tool could take out walls in BC1.

I never played BC1... :-(

Speaking of repair gun, it's amazing how quickly it can disable a tank or LAV now! The EOD bot too, I think it's actually an alternative now when you're out of rockets and don't mind probably getting killed as soon as you disable/destroy the armor.

Good news Dream, your favorite booster has had his stats wiped out!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/loversboy1977/

Oh the rage messages on his profile.

I'm so glad that I stayed up for this

edit: lol, He cries unfairness while his last 5 games are blatantly boosted lol.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54397817/4/308060887/

loversboy1977: People are framing me bro this makes me so sad =( When i signed on i was about to cry because i knowed i wasted $340 in renting servers plus all the time i played. =(

LMFAO...
So he did actually rent out all those different servers, just so he can boost + kick 70+ people per game lol.

Omni

Then it hit me.

I hate that! I love the ACW-R. but the lack of vibration really kills it for me. It'll probably be fixed in the next patch (It's like it on Xbox too)

Checkerbaby is widely known as one of best tankers in the world. So that stat line doesn't surprise me and it doesn't prove he boosted.

Does he make youtube vids showing his skill? Why would Dice erase his stats then? Would love a battle between our clans, I think I'm also pretty good with the tank but if he really got such a killstreak then it means I only accomplished 10% of what he did.

TheSeks

Oh the rage messages on his profile.

I'm so glad that I stayed up for this

edit: lol, He cries unfairness while his last 5 games are blatantly boosted lol.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54397817/4/308060887/

LMFAO...
So he did actually rent out all those different servers, just so he can boost + kick 70+ people per game lol.

Battlelog said:
[Premium] [Close Quarters] [Back to Karkand] Dustin Robert Mar. Age: 16

Well, that certainly explains a lot. Fucking teenagers, GTFO my Battlefield and fuck off to Call of Duty where you can boost and stroke your eDick that no one cares about. :|

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Longest Headshot 281 m

:(

I guess I need to move WAAAAAY back, but with the smaller tracers and the fact the tracer "disappears" when you unscope (something I do in BC2 to chamber the next round) I can't gauge long distance targets anymore. :(

I know the distance..

With my SV98 with a 12x scope

each ^ is 300m

How do you get over a hundred kills in a match with nobody on the other team? How can the other team have multiple kills against one player who shows no deaths? Do players kicked by the admin not show up in the battlelog? I don't think that's true; people have posted reports from matches they got kicked from.

JJD

How do you get over a hundred kills in a match with nobody on the other team? How can the other team have multiple kills against one player who shows no deaths? Do players kicked by the admin not show up in the battlelog? I don't think that's true; people have posted reports from matches they got kicked from.

Just quit the game and join again. Your previous stats get erased and don't show up on battlelog. Happens a lot to me when I'm disconnected and get back in the same game again. If you join on the other side you won't even appear on your first team battlelog scoreboard.

There's 1 guy on that particular loversboy match that play with him regularly, meepman. He was there on that metro game were the asshole banned more than 70 people including some gaffers. I bet he was the dumbass getting killed over and over helping the guy boost, then he switched over to erase the evidence of their boosting.

I don't know that checker dude, is he that well know? And I follow a couple of BF pros. Dice is not that dumb, I'm not saying he is a booster but he must have done something to have his stats reset like that.

Anyway, on his 200 plus kills 0 deaths game he "only" scored something like 120.000 points. That loversboys douchebag scored on some of his last games 598.360, and an astonishing 1.455.120! More than one million points in just a single match.

Dude is obviously a booster and a liar too.

"I'm legit unlike some faggots out there"

Yeah right LOL!

If I'm not mistaken when he banned some gaffers his stats were worse than mine. Under 600 SPM and under 2.0 K/D. Dude was now with more than 1.500 SPM and 3.0 K/D.

People worry too much about stats...

tn2007

I don't know that checker dude, is he that well know? And I follow a couple of BF pros. Dice is not that dumb, I'm not saying he is a booster but he must have done something to have his stats reset like that.

He is well known among the pro clans. I follow most of the pro clans like LOD, QXD, TAO, PP, vVv, and ePro (identity) and they all name him in their top 5 tankers out there. I think the scrubs out there were just getting destroyed and got mad and reported him. If enough people report you than I'm sure you will get reset until you prove otherwise. Check his games that he has played since his reset because he is still beasting on fools.

Hell I've gone 150-7 or something like that on Seine crossing in a tank, and that was solo. I'm sure If I played carefully and has 2 repair guys I could do way better.

Get your own server and 2 friends. Have one constantly killed and the other constantly revive. Then switch everyone on to the same team at the end.

Disconnect and then reconnect also work since battlelog wipe your previous stat on rejoin.

Admin kick abuse can also have the same effect, as everytime some angry victim rejoins he wipe the previous stat

Well, that certainly explains a lot. Fucking teenagers, GTFO my Battlefield and fuck off to Call of Duty where you can boost and stroke your eDick that no one cares about. :|

the odd thing is that his profile previously states that he is 35 and his real name not shown. I wonder if that is a public shaming on Dice's part.

olimpia84

lol at what happened today. We dominate against a clan that happened to own the server and I get a message from the owner saying to stop spawn camping (at least he was nice enough to not ban us). After a few rounds were we still dominated one of his clan buddies switches to our team and starts destroying our vehicles in our spawn...so lame...yet we still won the round!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Checkerbaby's stats might be real, so I would reserve comment on him.
Unless he boosted by admin-kicking people. However, you can't ever prove that...

(loversboy on the hand got a ton of evidence against him.)

What evidence?

"i never boosted i'm being framed bro!!!!! I let a guy on my ps3 a few weeks ago he probley did bad stuff like this report and stuff!!!!! "

UFRA

lol at what happened today. We dominate against a clan that happened to own the server and I get a message from the owner saying to stop spawn camping (at least he was nice enough to not ban us). After a few rounds were we still dominated one of his clan buddies switches to our team and starts destroying our vehicles in our spawn...so lame...yet we still won the round!

lol wow, some people...

TheSeks

505m headshot. From the rock near the start of the oil-pipeline to the top of the crane second set defense.

Apparently it doesn't count because I picked up a teammates L96 to replace my own and made that shot on the assignment. If it doesn't count, I'm going to rage. Because fuck DICE for that shit. You have to use the 12x scope for it it seems as 7x top of second set Tehran to third set A is 212meters. :|

Top Bottom