• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
On a brighter note: I'm finally done with that PoS L96.

NO hUe.jpg

L96 is awesome. But no where near my BFF GOL SNIPER MAGNUM.

lol at that fearlessmind sniper guy in the other team. He gets on top of that antenna in Firestorm (God knows how since there's no ladder)

Put beacon near antenna. Spawn on beacon. Land on tower from the sky. (Or take a jet up there. Climb hard, as the jet stalls due to the sky limit/ceiling, you bail. Land on antenna with parachute).

Never done it myself, but it's possible and fucking annoying.

Oh c'mon man! You're always giving constructive criticism...

I bitched with Dave about using a sniper rifle on the second set of Kharg too, then I felt bad about it but we just want to win. Dave is a great guy I'm sure he understands! You have done the same thing with me and helped me improve.

You should study as much as you can for your stuff and when you have the free time and don't have anything better to do just play with us! You're a great teammate.

After you left I played some Close Quarters games with Dave and Rock and they were kinda fun!

When you finally learn the maps the game mode is not that bad. At first I just didn't know were I was going, and got lost easily. That's one of the reasons I didn't like it.

Sure it doesn't hold a candle to the regular modes like rush or conquest but it's not as bad as I thought.

Who is up for some Close Quarters games this weekend?

I still fucking hate the C4 abuse on this game mode...I had to throw a grenade on every single flag I was attempting to capture...
i'm down

i <3 C4 abuse

PandaL

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482489

^Nice to know how many people want Bad Company 3 over Battlefield 4, lol.

man I miss the "sound" of that game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpPdPgb0GCw&feature=related

and none of that blue shader bs (presa <3) + hills. Oh how I miss hills that actually mattered
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x2URY0_bRc
The SR sounds are the Best in any FPS game I've ever played, especially the M95.

And I also I miss the huge scale of destruction. Especially I loved felling trees using the Heavy MG while defending in RUSH at Nelson Bay. :(

it's an island on Isla Inocentes

the one out in the water across from the first set of objectives

round but fairly flat...

You named islands?

hey dream guess what was my first kit choosen in bfbc2

Recon, so?

The SR sounds are the Best in any FPS game I've ever played, especially the M95.

And I also I miss the huge scale of destruction. Especially I loved felling trees using the Heavy MG while defending in RUSH at Nelson Bay. :(

I miss the sound of burst firing mg3

I don't miss it that much, surprisingly. I prefer the building variety in BF3 for some reason. :p

The interiors are still horrible.
Also I'll trade "building variety" for more jungles/snow maps already

BisonYES...YES.gif

Why the hell some of you won't get in a tank and GUN, I'll never know. Same for randoms.

*steal tank* "Surely OP will deliver someone will get in the tank and gun for me!"

*tumbleweeds*

... Damn it.

*C4'ed*

:|

The tank guns suck. I'll admit I'm probably not that good with them (I'm not bad at driving a tank, but I have problems driving and shooting the main cannon at the same time, so I usually opt for gunner seat), but shooting someone at point-blank range with 50mm bullets seems like it ought to do more damage.

JJD

The tank guns suck. I'll admit I'm probably not that good with them (I'm not bad at driving a tank, but I have problems driving and shooting the main cannon at the same time, so I usually opt for gunner seat), but shooting someone at point-blank range with 50mm bullets seems like it ought to do more damage.

The damage is kinda weak, it takes more shots from the 50 cal. to take down an enemy than your average assault rifle or carbine from my experience.

It is kinda stupid, but it's a balance choice. If the 50 was more lethal infantry would stand no chance against a tank. So while it annoys me, in the end I agree with Dice's decision. I do wish the 50 did more damage to light armored vehicles like jeeps and choppers.

I'm really curious to what new vehicle perks they're gonna introduce in the Armored Warfare DLC.

GenericUser

1st game on a 1500 ticket oman server....

1243004489496f3jo6.jpg

TheSeks

No. You're just not good with them. Issue is that 1) most pilots do a back and forth (Olimpia is prone to this) and give the gunner a problem in keeping a bead/damage on enemies. I've gotten a SHIT LOAD of suppression bonuses because the tank pilot won't stop for a minute to let me lay waste (due to damage rate, granted they shouldn't be stopping for long but it's annoying as shit) and 2) the damage rate being low to where you can catch someone coming on you and have to focus on them to take them out. Two or more C4'rs coming at you? Forget it, bail or move back and try to take them out or hassle them to get them away from you quickly.

But having a gunner is GODLY compared to just you in a tank. Pilots only are super vulnerable.

Maddocks

watching the bad company 2 clips. man i miss the tommy gun. I demand it in my battlefield 3. even the M1 id rock even though it would kill my KDR.

and whats with not being able to look behind you while in a tank. So annoying.

TheSeks

and whats with not being able to look behind you while in a tank. So annoying.

Yeah, the lack of rearview and reasonable guns really killed the vehicles for me. Infantry combat is NAILED in BF3. But the vehicles are strongly lacking. (As is the sniping but~)

Violater

Sounds silly, maybe I am talking too early but after my talk with EA Online help, I think they did something with my account and I have been having less disconnects.
Placebo effect?

PandaL

The damage is kinda weak, it takes more shots from the 50 cal. to take down an enemy than your average assault rifle or carbine from my experience.

It is kinda stupid, but it's a balance choice. If the 50 was more lethal infantry would stand no chance against a tank. So while it annoys me, in the end I agree with Dice's decision. I do wish the 50 did more damage to light armored vehicles like jeeps and choppers.

I'm really curious to what new vehicle perks they're gonna introduce in the Armored Warfare DLC.
I want the transport chopper guns BF3 to be as effective as the "blackhawk guns" in BFBC2. The transport chopper guns in BF3 takes decades to kill an enemy.

Sounds silly, maybe I am talking too early but after my talk with EA Online help, I think they did something with my account and I have been having less disconnects.
Placebo effect?
Just illusion.

Bandar Desert, the biggest map in Battlefield history

From the closest capturable flag to the furthest capturable flag, you are looking at around 1,200 meters. For Caspian Border, the equivalent distance is just about 400 meters.
5 Flag CQ for consoles will be awesome. I don't know if the scaled down maps for consoles will be as awesome as Atacama Desert CQ and Arica Harbour RUSH.

No. You're just not good with them. Issue is that 1) most pilots do a back and forth (Olimpia is prone to this) and give the gunner a problem in keeping a bead/damage on enemies. I've gotten a SHIT LOAD of suppression bonuses because the tank pilot won't stop for a minute to let me lay waste (due to damage rate, granted they shouldn't be stopping for long but it's annoying as shit) and 2) the damage rate being low to where you can catch someone coming on you and have to focus on them to take them out. Two or more C4'rs coming at you? Forget it, bail or move back and try to take them out or hassle them to get them away from you quickly.

But having a gunner is GODLY compared to just you in a tank. Pilots only are super vulnerable.

I don't really have that issue.
For one thing, popping in and out of zoom will help you make the fine adjustments when drivers are in headless chicken mode (I know you can't tell drivers to move forward/back.)

Just bought a custom; called "FUN! FUN! FUN!"

No killcam & no 3rd person vehicles; otherwise normal; 200%.

C'mon in, GAF.

I wish you luck.

Kak.efes

I'd like to see how an autoloader & zoom optics load out would play for a gunner. Next time you guys hitch a ride with me, give it a shot. It seems really affective on maps like wake and kharg rush, but you obviously have to coordinate. Also, a friendly reminder, if you're gunning, spam the spot button all the time.

Oh, and on a general note, always take thermal if you're gunning for me, and tell me where you want me to go, I think JJD is the only one who shouts out orders while in the gunners seat :p

One of the houses by the first set on Port Valdez. I think this is the one:

Tasteless, yes, but quite amusing to hear people describe it.

We just called it the camp house on ps3.

I think Faceless called it the anne frank house once and we were all like "what? which house?"

JJD

I'd like to see how an autoloader & zoom optics load out would play for a gunner. Next time you guys hitch a ride with me, give it a shot. It seems really affective on maps like wake and kharg rush, but you obviously have to coordinate. Also, a friendly reminder, if you're gunning, spam the spot button all the time.

Oh, and on a general note, always take thermal if you're gunning for me, and tell me where you want me to go, I think JJD is the only one who shouts out orders while in the gunners seat :p

I'm running with thermal when I gun for you, I never felt you needed me running with flares!

Also you always scare me when you try to capture a flag!

I'm like:

"Oh shit, oh shit! Look an engineer over there!!! ROCKETS!!!"

Haha you're just crazy!

I always try to warn you of incoming threats like jets or other choppers, on that last Firestorm game you tried to capture A and the enemy chopper was just a couple meters away from us without you noticing! If he had a gunner we would have been screwed, and since we were on different squads you couldn't hear me panicking!
Sorry Dave and Hunting!

Anyway, I always wondered the best setup to gun for you, wouldn't you prefer I used something like stealth, maintenance or extinguisher? Autoloader is useful, but I feel I could be more helpful with one of these.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can't believe they announced a BF4 beta.

These assholes have some serious nerve. We haven't even gotten the shit we paid for... they haven't even told us what all the DLC is... and they're talking BF4.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I can't believe they announced a BF4 beta.

These assholes have some serious nerve. We haven't even gotten the shit we paid for... they haven't even told us what all the DLC is... and they're talking BF4.

IF BF4 means Bad company 3

I'm for it
---

I still believe it won't comeout that soon... There's no beta date.

Evolved1

I'm for it

I don't think we're getting BC3. BF3 sold more than anyone was expecting. It did huge numbers.

They wanted to be CoD size, and now they have those big numbers, we're going to get flooded with them. I wouldn't be surprised to learn BC3 turned into BF4.

It's milking time.

I remember when BF3 was first announced and they were talking about how it was not going to be a yearly thing, and they put all that money into it, so the core game would have legs and they could build on it for years.

lol.

We will probably have a BF4 beta before the last BF3 DLC. And they'll want to pull the premium thing again.

You have more faith than I do... I don't put anything past them at this point.

Why are we assuming there is no BC3? Or is it just thought that BF4 will come out first? BC2 had long legs, I would think EA would want to sell to that base (which is probably exactly the same as BF3's). $70 LE + DLC + Premium!

I'm looking forward to MOH2. I liked the first. I thought a couple of the maps were really good, and I liked the weapons. Its only problem was a horrible spawn system.

Evolved1

Why are we assuming there is no BC3? Or is it just thought that BF4 will come out first? BC2 had long legs, I would think EA would want to sell to that base (which is probably exactly the same as BF3's). $70 LE + DLC + Premium!

I'm looking forward to MOH2. I liked the first. I thought a couple of the maps were really good, and I liked the weapons. Its only problem was a horrible spawn system.

My assumption is that BF3 did too well... that Bad Company branding would now be a loss for them.. that they won't release another game to step on the sales of BF proper. They already have MoH afterall, which is an EA game competing with BF sales.

It's just my assumption. BC is probably dead in the water.

TheSeks

BC is no where dead in the water with that cliff hanger ending in the singleplayer
and never mentioning what happened at the end of 1!

olimpia84

Unless you guys are concerned in the single player campaign, multiplayer is very similar. BF focuses a bit more on large maps and vehicles but BC had those as well.

TheSeks

Unless you guys are concerned in the single player campaign, multiplayer is very similar. BF focuses a bit more on large maps and vehicles but BC had those as well.

I'm not concerned with the singleplayer, I'm just saying: DICE won't leave a cliff-hanger hanging more than likely. There will be a BC3. I can feel it. Just the question of "when."

olimpia84

I'm not concerned with the singleplayer, I'm just saying: DICE won't leave a cliff-hanger hanging more than likely. There will be a BC3. I can feel it. Just the question of "when."

Yeah, now that I remember the did leave the SP campaign open for a third game. Maybe they will wait our for next gen

Kak.efes

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/55483464/4/184349061/

This was one of the more intense games I've played in ages, in the end we won by a single ticket. The wake island after it was pretty fun as well, I kept racking up the pilot assists in the huey. I forgot how enjoyable conquest assault can be.

I'm running with thermal when I gun for you, I never felt you needed me running with flares!

Also you always scare me when you try to capture a flag!

I'm like:

"Oh shit, oh shit! Look an engineer over there!!! ROCKETS!!!"

Haha you're just crazy!

I always try to warn you of incoming threats like jets or other choppers, on that last Firestorm game you tried to capture A and the enemy chopper was just a couple meters away from us without you noticing! If he had a gunner we would have been screwed, and since we were on different squads you couldn't hear me panicking!
Sorry Dave and Hunting!

Anyway, I always wondered the best setup to gun for you, wouldn't you prefer I used something like stealth, maintenance or extinguisher? Autoloader is useful, but I feel I could be more helpful with one of these.

I only recently began trying to capture flags in the air, it's risky, but it pays off more often than not. I'd go for a full blown offensive load out on the rush maps (auto loader/thermal), and then countermeasures on the conquest maps, since it's difficult to counter when someone gets the jump on you.

JJD

If it's anything like the it was with the first MOH, BF4 beta and the game will be launched on the third or fourth quarter of next year.

But I only think this will happen if by that time we already have the 720 or the PS4 on the market.

Releasing BF4 as a launch title next gen would be a huge move by EA and DICE. COD wasn't this popular on the last generation. Their domination started with COD 3 released on november 2006, almost a year after the 360 was launched.

If BF4 is a next gen launch title it may end up selling a little bit less than BF3, but in the end EA might be paving the way for the Battlefield series to be the "go to" FPS next gen. It's an investment.

I think the first big FPS released next gen is going to have a big advantage against the others. People are more willing to try something new at the beginning of a generation, and everyone wants an AAA game with amazing graphics to justify your new console. BF fits nicely on both cases. Many people still haven't experienced it (COD diehards) and DICE already have the tech to do it.

I really don't believe DICE is big enough to release the game for the next and current gen consoles plus the PC. Five versions of the game is too much to handle patching, bug tweaking, and DLC creation. They almost can't do it now with just 3 versions of the game.

And if they release just on current gen they will be just pissing off the fans (BF4 too soon!) and giving COD a huge advantage if it releases next gen first.

I bet most BF fans wouldn't mind if BF4 was released so soon, but on new hardware. Specially console fans like us.

Top Bottom