• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

spidye

is anyone else having huge sound problems.
sometimes, the game just goes silent and it's so annoying. my friend has the same issues

ps3 btw

JJD

Anyone ever had this weird connectivity icon appear on screen???

Y5EC3l.jpg

I tried to play a couple Close Quarters games and I started to experience severe lag and rubber banding. When I was killed I just stood in the floor unable to move or do anything for almost a minute, but I wouldn't go to the spawn screen either. I wouldn't even be kicked out of the game to the start screen, I could spawn again after standing there and everything would happen again.

At first I thought it was the server, but I changed games and started getting the same problem a few minutes after the game started.

Now my battle log won't even show the 2 Close Quarters games I tried playing...

Edit:

Now one of the Close quarter games appeared on my battle log, saying I played it a couple minutes ago, when actually it's much closer to one hour...

So strange...

Anyone ever had this weird connectivity icon appear on screen???

Y5EC3l.jpg

I tried to play a couple Close Quarters games and I started to experience severe lag and rubber banding. When I was killed I just stood in the floor unable to move or do anything for almost a minute, but I wouldn't go to the spawn screen either. I wouldn't even be kicked out of the game to the start screen, I could spawn again after standing there and everything would happen again.

At first I thought it was the server, but I changed games and started getting the same problem a few minutes after the game started.

Now my battle log won't even show the 2 Close Quarters games I tried playing...

Edit:

Now one of the Close quarter games appeared on my battle log, saying I played it a couple minutes ago, when actually it's much closer to one hour...

So strange...

yeah, i get that when my ISP is being shitty and dropping packets, etc...

JJD

yeah, i get that when my ISP is being shitty and dropping packets, etc...

Man, I thought I had all my ISP issues resolved...

They even send a tech guy here but he couldn't find anything wrong. So I changed my modem, router and all my cables and for 3 days all my troubles were gone...

I fucking hate my ISP, and I can't even change to a new one! :-(

Pingtest was unable to test for packet loss...I'm screwed...

PandaL

whoa !

Man, I thought I had all my ISP issues resolved...

They even send a tech guy here but he couldn't find anything wrong. So I changed my modem, router and all my cables and for 3 days all my troubles were gone...

I fucking hate my ISP, and I can't even change to a new one! :-(

Pingtest was unable to test for packet loss...I'm screwed...

packet loss test fails for me everytime but still i'm able to play all MP games without any issues. You'll feel some lag only when you're in a Jet.

You just gotta assign a static ip for your PS3 & place it in DMZ mode. Also enabling upnp is recommended over port forwarding.

I also hate my ISP. Only Google will be able to give the quality of Internet connection that we 'Gamers' expect. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
JJD, yeah, that happens when your connection is dropping on the servers. I've had it happen now and then and that's what signaled my "WTF is this shitty connection shit!?" batsignal.

JJD

whoa !

packet loss test fails for me everytime but still i'm able to play all MP games without any issues. You'll feel some lag only when you're in a Jet.

You just gotta assign a static ip for your PS3 & place it in DMZ mode. Also enabling upnp is recommended over port forwarding.

I also hate my ISP. Only Google will be able to give the quality of Internet connection that we 'Gamers' expect. :(

I already have all that. PS3 on static IP, my router IP in the modem DMZ and the PS3 IP in the router DMZ.

I have upnp enabled, but my PS3 won't recognize it.

I never bothered with it because I thought that with the PS3 IP into a DMZ no traffic between the game servers and the console would be blocked...

Maybe the packet loss test is failing because of the firewall? It used to work for me.

Happened to me when I was gunning for you once.
Awesomest thing ever. MY screen was rubber banding like crazy but I still managed to get ton of kills lol.

When I saw you on Battlelog today I thought I would join us on a game! Stay strong Dream! :)

JJD, yeah, that happens when your connection is dropping on the servers. I've had it happen now and then and that's what signaled my "WTF is this shitty connection shit!?" batsignal.

That's the issue that is keeping you from playing the game?

TheSeks

JJD, Yeah. But it's a little complicated. My connection is "fine" in a sense, but the speed and packet loss variations is what is keeping me from playing now and then. :|

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
whoa !

Comcast does that for me

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I pay 49.99/ month for my 15/5.
59.99 if I want 50/25 now.

keep in mind that I'm not doing the triple play package, that's internet only.
If I also got tv and phone it would be cheaper than that.

About the same my mom is paying.

But if version does come by.. I'm gonna ask if we can switch.

Is there a bandwidth cap at all?

TheSeks

That's the same post, really?

And really? "Owned" is quite a stretch. Games still terrible compared to BC2 but no one plays BC2. And the balance in BC2 is just as bad, admittedly.

If they actually put some damn decent maps besides four in BF3 and fixed the destruction and vehicle guns it'd be nice. But given they're ramping up for BF4 it's going to not happen. So BF3 is going to continue to suck.

About the same my mom is paying.

But if version does come by.. I'm gonna ask if we can switch.

Is there a bandwidth cap at all?

I haven't had a bandwidth cap (optimum, verizon, etc) on anything since 2003.
Which is another reason why I loled at Comcast.

That's the same post, really?

And really? "Owned" is quite a stretch. Games still terrible compared to BC2 but no one plays BC2. And the balance in BC2 is just as bad, admittedly.

If they actually put some damn decent maps besides four in BF3 and fixed the destruction and vehicle guns it'd be nice. But given they're ramping up for BF4 it's going to not happen. So BF3 is going to continue to suck.

I was just joking about the owned thing.
You know my stance is BC2>BF3 (Still my status message on psn)

The point is that you're not going to win. All the new people who just jumped onto BF3 will think BF3 is better.

TheSeks

The point is that you're not going to win. All the new people who just jumped onto BF3 will think BF3 is better.

Dude using the "I seriously hope you guys don't do this" Constanza face already lost in my mind. When they have to resort to that reaction image, they know the game sucks ass but don't want to admit it.

Frankly, I'm not going to jump on the BF4 train if DICE doesn't fix the main issues with the game (and let's be honest: they won't).

-Maps
-Destruction not being either/or on the broken scale
-No flashlights (or if they're in they aren't SURFACE OF THE SUN-level of bright in broad daylight)
-Vehicle gunner controls are like BC2.

I don't mind the bullet drop on all guns (in fact, I only ran into the Assault Rifle can't snipe issue on Kharg one day a few months back, ironically), I don't mind the knife animations (love them actually), I don't mind the infantry controls, I don't mind the vehicles. But for the love of god I want better maps and balance. That's all I ask for.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
For those of you who care... locust9 (Campaign Lead Designer ) is no longer at DICE

i dunno why, but since sometime on saturday, i've been getting unplayable amounts of lag, teleporting and rubberbanding on 360, and today after being tired of it, i played on PS3 and ... game is running smooth!

try again on 360, unplayable lag, again on PS3, smooth... WTF!?

Insaniac

i dunno why, but since sometime on saturday, i've been getting unplayable amounts of lag, teleporting and rubberbanding on 360, and today after being tired of it, i played on PS3 and ... game is running smooth!

never had that problem unless it was an obviously laggy server, or bandwidth problems on my own end

That's what you get for using a free onl...oh...it's the other way around....nm

never had that problem unless it was an obviously laggy server, or bandwidth problems on my own end

that's the thing... i've played on at least a dozen different servers on 360 and had the same issues all weekend! at first i thought it was just my ISP being crappy as usual, but nothing else is affected, no speed or connectivity testing and not the PS3 version, just 360...

JJD

I pay 49.99/ month for my 15/5.
59.99 if I want 50/25 now.

keep in mind that I'm not doing the triple play package, that's internet only.
If I also got tv and phone it would be cheaper than that.

Man I pay three times that for a shitty 10MB/500KB download upload connection.

And my real download speed is somewhere around 1MB and 1.5MB...at least the ridiculous upload speed is actually the real one.

Developing countries LOL.

Noticing a lot of lag as well the past few days

Some of my old fansubbing/scanlating buddies are thinking about getting into the game.

Obviously I can't get in on them right now. Anyone would like to help out a few useless noobs?

:p

tn2007

Alot of GAF members are abunch of teams stacking punks. I swear they love no competition and they leave when they are out numbered.

Dawn, Olimpia, JM, and nostyle your cool. Everyone else that I played against today can kick rocks.

UFRA

Alot of GAF members are abunch of teams stacking punks. I swear they love no competition and they leave when they are out numbered.

Dawn, Olimpia, JM, and nostyle your cool. Everyone else that I played against today can kick rocks.

Hey don't forget bKak and Evolved stuck around the entire time too. ;)

gg's. It was satisfying to repair tool kill your tank a few times :p

Top Bottom