• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

tn2007

FUCK YOU

A6gbD.png

Noooooooo damn you!! But I'm still TANK KING SUCKER!!!

Ok, I think that finally I've learned to properly shoot with the sniper rifles. Yep, we cornered them in the russian spawn and they were pretty bad
but I actually joined in the last third of the game, I think I missed only one shot and I was killed only one time by sniper fire
. And I like the sniper recon miles ahead from BC2, it takes skill to properly sniping, and you have gadgets very useful for the team, not the derp mortar strike derp wookies of BC2. Good games tonight, typical gaf steamrolling flavor :D. And even if it was short, I thank JM671 for his excellent pilot skills.

UFRA

Ok, I think that finally I've learned to properly shoot with the sniper rifles. Yep, we cornered them in the russian spawn and they were pretty bad
but I actually joined in the last third of the game, I think I missed only one shot and I was killed only one time by sniper fire
. And I like the sniper recon miles ahead from BC2, it takes skill to properly sniping, and you have gadgets very useful for the team, not the derp mortar strike derp wookies of BC2. Good games tonight, typical gaf steamrolling flavor :D. And even if it was short, I thank JM671 for his excellent pilot skills.

Thank you for your gunning services. ;)

The first half of that match I had a guy that wasn't able to hit anything. I got more kills with my rockets than he did in the gunner seat.

I saw you jumping around after I stole the enemy chopper so I took that as the universal "pick me up!" sign. lol

We were doing pretty well until a jet went kamikaze on us...

JJD

Have you tried being and aggressive recon with the P90? That weapon is fucking amazing at CQ!

Sooo much fun!

The class is seriously underestimated. They are vital on infantry maps, and if you're good they can have a role on big vehicle intensive maps as well!

Disconnect 5 seconds before the match is over...fail

Have you tried changing all your ethernet cables? I was having a lot of disconnects and I would lose my internet connection for a couple hours almost everyday. My ISP didn't know what to do or what was happening.

The I had the brilliant idea of changing all cables and the filter on the phone line plug and now I'm not having any problems again.

Jas

Yeah we really held it together even though we were down all game. But that metro game, we came through like a real clan. Our defense was so awesome except when I got too agressive at the end and we lost A because of it. But the best moment was when Dave went all hysterical when someone got through at B. Really good team work by ejas and boatack, even though you guys were in a different squad.

With a tugs at every entry point and people staying pat on B I think it would of brought a tear to Dreamgazer's eyes :) (my eyes got a little watery)

Good games everyone today!

olimpia84

Have you tried changing all your ethernet cables? I was having a lot of disconnects and I would lose my internet connection for a couple hours almost everyday. My ISP didn't know what to do or what was happening.

The I had the brilliant idea of changing all cables and the filter on the phone line plug and now I'm not having any problems again.

Actually I don't want to change anything about my Internet setup because as it is right now is working great compared to 2 to 3 months ago, where I would get disconnected pretty much every other game. It's weird since I didn't call my ISP, didn't change cables, didn't change routers and the problem sort of fixed by itself. I still get the occasional disconnect like I did yesterday but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

Actually I don't want to change anything about my Internet setup because as it is right now is working great compared to 2 to 3 months ago, where I would get disconnected pretty much every other game. It's weird since I didn't call my ISP, didn't change cables, didn't change routers and the problem sort of fixed by itself. I still get the occasional disconnect like I did yesterday but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

Too bad, you miss the part where half of the enemy team tried to C4 JJD over and over again.

olimpia84

Too bad, you miss the part where half of the enemy team tried to C4 JJD over and over again.

Did I? I literally got disconnected a few seconds before the round ended. I know JJ kept saying out loud that this one dude (finnplayer or something) kept trying to C4 him over and over again and kept killing him lol
I didn't get to see any of the action though because I pretty much rolled on my own the entire game.

Did I? I literally got disconnected a few seconds before the round ended. I know JJ kept saying out loud that this one dude (finnplayer or something) kept trying to C4 him over and over again and kept killing him lol
I didn't get to see any of the action though because I pretty much rolled on my own the entire game.

The last quarter of the game was just us gunning down people running down to C4 JJD.
Then the FOX squad ragequid somewhere along the line

JJD

I got 3 nemesis ribbons on that round, I guess I got then on all those 3 FOX guys...

I don't understand people, it's easy to realize when someone is rolling with proximity sensor.
Why they kept trying to C4 me when I would either blow then away or Dream would put a thousand holes in then?

They were just stupid, I bet they could have taken us out if they were engineers, there was a moment close to the end of the game near A where 3 guys were chasing us with C4 and the back of the tank was turned towards then, it was hilarious. One good RPG shot and I would be close to or disabled...

Those Fox guys were not good players. I thought they were because one of then kept killing me on that Metro match prior to Firestorm, but after the last game and seeing his stats I guess he was just lucky.

Is there a bug on mine spotting? Sometimes one or two won't show up. I hit about three mines on that game and only one were in a place were I couldn't spot (that small hill between B and C, I couldn't spot it because of the angle). I hit select practically all the time when I'm driving around and not engaging people...

Also, I don't care how good you are on a tank, if you're rolling alone a semi competent duo on another tank will get you almost every time. Dream saved my ass a lot of times on that game, thanks for gunning for me man!

I got 3 nemesis ribbons on that round, I guess I got then on all those 3 FOX guys...

I don't understand people, it's easy to realize when someone is rolling with proximity sensor.
Why they kept trying to C4 me when I would either blow then away or Dream would put a thousand holes in then?

They were just stupid, I bet they could have taken us out if they were engineers, there was a moment close to the end of the game near A where 3 guys were chasing us with C4 and the back of the tank was turned towards then, it was hilarious. One good RPG shot and I would be close to or disabled...

Those Fox guys were not good players. I thought they were because one of then kept killing me on that Metro match prior to Firestorm, but after the last game and seeing his stats I guess he was just lucky.

Is there a bug on mine spotting? Sometimes one or two won't show up. I hit about three mines on that game and only one were in a place were I couldn't spot (that small hill between B and C, I couldn't spot it because of the angle). I hit select practically all the time when I'm driving around and not engaging people...

Also, I don't care how good you are on a tank, if you're rolling alone a semi competent duo on another tank will get you almost every time. Dream saved my ass a lot of times on that game, thanks for gunning for me man!

You're assuming people even know "Proximity scans" exist.
Many people don't use it, so therefore they have no idea what it is.
(Even less people actually check out enemy perks on kill cams...)

As for mine spotting - I usually have no problem spotting them (and then watch my driver drive onto the,...) It's the same as any other spotting, just that your crosshair needs to be more precise/closer to the mine than usual. It's not like Kharg island where I can just point in a general direction and spot a bunch of stuff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

BisonYES...YES.gif

Why the hell some of you won't get in a tank and GUN, I'll never know. Same for randoms.

*steal tank* "Surely OP will deliver someone will get in the tank and gun for me!"

*tumbleweeds*

... Damn it.

*C4'ed*

:|

BoatAck

You're assuming people even know "Proximity scans" exist.
Many people don't use it, so therefore they have no idea what it is.

I thought proximity scan was one of the most used upgrades. I just think some people don't pay attention to the load-out of the enemy who killed them. That, or the driver kills them and the enemy doesn't see that the gunner is running proximity.

I thought proximity scan was one of the most used upgrades. I just think some people don't pay attention to the load-out of the enemy who killed them. That, or the driver kills them and the enemy doesn't see that the gunner is running proximity.

Prox was the most used prior to the tank-nerf.

Post tank nerf, most forum opinion/players have switched to the armor/thermal/canister combo.
In general, people prepare their perks in the sense that they will be solo drivers, not gunners.

It's also true that people don't pay attention to killcam perks, but usually it's pretty obvious by the tank's movement whether someone has proximity scan or not (silly me, expecting people to analyze)

Overdoziz

Banned
I roll with canister shells, proximity scan and thermal optics. Driving into a capture point or near an M-COM and being able to see right away if/where people around the objective is incredibly useful so I always roll with proximity scan. Thermal Scan makes it incredibly easy to spot enemies and mines so that's definitely a plus. And canister shells are really useful against infantry. I guess my entire setup is geared more towards killing infantry than other tanks.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I roll with canister shells, proximity scan and thermal optics. Driving into a capture point or near an M-COM and being able to see right away if/where people around the objective is incredibly useful so I always roll with proximity scan. Thermal Scan makes it incredibly easy to spot enemies and mines so that's definitely a plus. And canister shells are really useful against infantry. I guess my entire setup is geared more towards killing infantry than other tanks.

Yeah... that's a powerful loadout vs infantry and I used to roll something similar, but you're incredibly weak against other armor.

I get into so many head-on's with other tanks (yes I usually instigate these) I need to be strong vs armor. Now I'm even going guided rocket instead of canister shell which was my favorite spec in the game.

i use proximity/smoke/guided

used to use proximity/thermal/guided until the javelin buff, but nowadays, the javelin is a real threat

i was thinking about reactive/thermal/guided and maybe i'll try it someday, i see some people using it well

BoatAck

Yeah... that's a powerful loadout vs infantry and I used to roll something similar, but you're incredibly weak against other armor.

I get into so many head-on's with other tanks (yes I usually instigate these) I need to be strong vs armor. Now I'm even going guided rocket instead of canister shell which was my favorite spec in the game.

That was my usual loadout as well, but now I'm going with reactive and smoke as I just recently realized I can restore my reactive armor after it gets taken out. I feel really exposed without proximity though and I'm glad when a gunner jumps in and has it equipped. I still use prox-thermo-cannister for Rush defense though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thermal/Autoreload/Guided and/or Wire-guided.

Anything else is stupid
until that tank nerf that made this stupid

GenericUser

I always use canister shells, autoloader, smoke

-canister to handle infantry
-autoloader to get an advantage fighting tanks (because it often boils down to how can shoot faster or gets the first hit)
-smoke to evade javelin/choppers/jets and so on

I try to avoid close quarter combat with a tank at all costs, especially when fighting infantry. And I make use of the unlimited ammunition of the tanks. I shoot at everything, just to harass my oponents and provoke mistakes.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm pretty annoyed they dropped the CC expansion before AW...

AW would actually breathe some life into the game by putting new maps into the rotation... but instead we wait months.

Meanwhile CC is its own weird thing, separate from the main game. Whether one likes the mode or not, it's a separate thing and can't be played on normal servers.

tn2007

I think smoke is a must have perk nowadays, at least on heavy tanks.

You know what would be awesome? A tank duo with the main guy using reactive armor/thermal/canister and the gunner/repairman using proximity/smoke/guided. Just fast switch the two if your getting locked on.

Hint hint Codman24. You can be my tank partner.

You know what would be awesome? A tank duo with the main guy using reactive armor/thermal/canister and the gunner/repairman using proximity/smoke/guided. Just fast switch the two if your getting locked on.

Hint hint Codman24. You can be my tank partner.

the "pair of kings" tank team?

olimpia84

lol at that fearlessmind sniper guy in the other team. He gets on top of that antenna in Firestorm (God knows how since there's no ladder) I kamikaze ram him with the jet. He goes right back to the same spot, I spawn in the jet again, ram him. Then he gets on the jet, goes to the most remote place of the mountains across A, I see him, run all the way up the damn mountain and shoot him with the SMAW...

PandaL

So according to EA, we get Beta access for Battlefield 4 if we pre-order MOH Digital Deluxe edition for 70$.

So they're killing the BadCompany series. I was hoping for BFBC3. :(

Kak.efes

Trying to position Olimpia while in the little bird for easy rocket/infantry kills was hilarious. That guy in the window trying to snipe must have felt like the agent from the matrix when I lowered us sideways right in front of him.

olimpia84

Trying to position Olimpia while in the little bird for easy rocket/infantry kills was hilarious. That guy in the window trying to snipe must have felt like the agent from the matrix when I lowered us sideways right in front of him.

I got him with the SMAW too, poor guy

olimpia84

So according to EA, we get Beta access for Battlefield 4 if we pre-order MOH Digital Deluxe edition for 70$.

So they're killing the BadCompany series. I was hoping for BFBC3. :(

Yeah, just read that in the gaming section and people are raging in the (imo) wrong way. They should be pissed that they're (apparently) skipping BC3, not about getting a new Battlefield game.

That crossing game was embarrassing.
No movement.
No common sense.
People spawn in and run straight to be killed by a fucking tank.

Gaf scatters to shit when decent competition comes around.

olimpia84

That crossing game was embarrassing.
No movement.
No common sense.
People spawn in and run straight to be killed by a fucking tank.

Gaf scatters to shit when decent competition comes around.

Was that game on the Coca Cola server?? I quit because it was getting way too boring and easy and look what I missed...

Revenge is sweet.
Although 1-1 is a tie.

Sorry about the L96 thing Dave.
I'll try very hard and shut up from now on.

Edit: nm, I'll seal my bf3 game away and focus on studying till September.
That way no one will have to hear me. For real this time....>.>
I'll write up a list of tips when and have olimpia/evolved/sekoku/faceless edit and then post it.

Thanks for the gg.

JJD

Revenge is sweet.
Although 1-1 is a tie.

Sorry about the L96 thing Dave.
I'll try very hard and shut up from now on.

Edit: nm, I'll seal my bf3 game away and focus on studying till September.
That way no one will have to hear me. For real this time....>.>
I'll write up a list of tips when and have olimpia/evolved/sekoku/faceless edit and then post it.

Thanks for the gg.

Oh c'mon man! You're always giving constructive criticism...

I bitched with Dave about using a sniper rifle on the second set of Kharg too, then I felt bad about it but we just want to win. Dave is a great guy I'm sure he understands! You have done the same thing with me and helped me improve.

You should study as much as you can for your stuff and when you have the free time and don't have anything better to do just play with us! You're a great teammate.

After you left I played some Close Quarters games with Dave and Rock and they were kinda fun!

When you finally learn the maps the game mode is not that bad. At first I just didn't know were I was going, and got lost easily. That's one of the reasons I didn't like it.

Sure it doesn't hold a candle to the regular modes like rush or conquest but it's not as bad as I thought.

Who is up for some Close Quarters games this weekend?

I still fucking hate the C4 abuse on this game mode...I had to throw a grenade on every single flag I was attempting to capture...

Oh c'mon man! You're always giving constructive criticism...

I bitched with Dave about using a sniper rifle on the second set of Kharg too, then I felt bad about it but we just want to win. Dave is a great guy I'm sure he understands! You have done the same thing with me and helped me improve.

You should study as much as you can for your stuff and when you have the free time and don't have anything better to do just play with us! You're a great teammate.
Well JJD, people are right that I take the win/loss thing too seriously.
I can't stand even losing one m-com/flag.
However, I need to let certain thing go and say "what's the big deal if we waste a few extra tickets to get a m-com/lose the flag lead for 1 or 2 minutes, etc (I'm not trying to sound sarcastic.) We still had 100+ tickets at that set, and I really shouldn't have yelled at Dave for wanting to finish his L96 assignment. Quite frankly, I should since Dave was playing the recon role that I usually feel forced to play in rush:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/55242907/4/188837097/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/55244438/4/188837097/

I know no one really cares, but I do feel like I'm ruining the fun for people who just well...want to have fun, complete assignments, fly vehicles, etc.

Also,
I say people should just do what they think they do best. Well, I don't want to be hypocritical and whine at people's best, simply because it's not getting me a win. That's extremely unfair to newer/lesser-skilled player, and it doesn't help in terms of getting people to think about their game/improve their confidence.

---------------------

Play support with C4. When you get to a flag, immediately step back when you see the cap icon come up (so you're not within the cap range.) Throw 1 c4 down, get away and detonate it. This will usually clear out all c4s in the cap range and is more reliable/availble than grenades.

Dave1988

On a brighter note: I'm finally done with that PoS L96.
Until DICE in all their stupidity releases another assignment that requires it >_>

Anyway, good games ejas, JJD, and Dream!

Top Bottom